• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EuxOT3iVEAM5yw_?format=jpg&name=large

Hotel Luigi is complete. I'll write something up in a bit (don't expect walls of texts, this is a simple game).

Congrats on getting the worst ranking!

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is this like the first game where the higher rank, the more grand the final building is?

Yeah, but not quite as thorough as the first game. You don't get a tent by avoiding all the gold. That right there is as low as it gets. A is bigger, and that's about it.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Look at it this way: the Reunion at Dawn soft-lock can only happen on Maddening, right? FE4 Ch.4 is just one difficulty.

I didn't even consider what happened to you but yeah, Ch.4 can very easily become a massive slog if you go in blind/lose Dew. 

I... I hate it, I absolutely despise it, I would rather do anything than give you this point. But I have to give you the point, because you've got a point.

So yeah, fair point about Reunion at Dawn.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I love it when bandits start the chapter on top of the villages.

Yes the villages take multiple turns to be destroyed but it's damn near impossible to claim the full rewards from them, not to mention it basically forces you to speedrun, which is a bad combination with these giant maps.

Eh, I'm fine with this. The game makes it clear from the get-go that you're not supposed to want to go for the full rewards every single time. It's just money most of the time, anyway, you go for as much as you can and that's it. Plus, any items you get no matter how destroyed the village is (unless it's, y'know, fully destroyed).

The problem is when you take the furthest village from the player, past a squad of pegasus knights, wind mages, a sleep bastard and a ton of forests, and you put a hint there that you absolutely need in order to avoid spending half an hour of your life moving through mountains, unless you're Sherlock Holmes or you're playing the game 20 years later with the power of the internet at hand.

I just... I just don't get why they had to do that. What was the need for it...?

49 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I actually liked the adaptation of Castlevania. I only have a few grievances about certain changes, such as what I stated before and Hector being so naive.

Yeah, I thought that was also possible, just that if it was the case you disliked it choices like that might be the reason.

I'd also mention how Alucard's entire season ends up as filler, but it might play into Season 4, whenever it is.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just... I just don't get why they had to do that. What was the need for it...?

I do think they try to incentivise players by rewarding them post facto if they save the villages.

See the Bargain Ring as a particular example in Chapter 2.

It's just that there's a snowball effect depending on prior success or failure.

It's really more of a general rule that the rewards that are the most difficult to get are also the most valuable. Chances are if a village is difficult to reach at all before it's destroyed, it will have something special. Maybe an item, a stat boost or whatever.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I do think they try to incentivise players by rewarding them post facto if they save the villages.

See the Bargain Ring as a particular example in Chapter 2.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's really more of a general rule that the rewards that are the most difficult to get are also the most valuable. Chances are if a village is difficult to reach at all before it's destroyed, it will have something special. Maybe an item, a stat boost or whatever.

I mean, that's okay. Looking it up, that ring looks really difficult to get (I certainly didn't get it) - but that's fine. You accomplish the hard objective, you get a nifty little reward to show for your efforts. You don't, that's okay, you're not going to die a horrible death for it.

The problem here is that there's no reward. The ability to not waste 30 minutes of your life is not a reward - it's just a lack of punishment. The game punishes you spectacularly for missing this one village or for losing the one thief guy that has no replacement. That's just not right, in my humble opinion.

Oh, well. I've a little bit of time before I have dinner. Let's go backtrack a bit. Sounds like fun. At least I don't have to move Arden, Beowulf, Midir, Alec and Noish, because they won't be able to proceed any further anyway. Saves me a bit of backtracking effort.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I mean, that's okay. Looking it up, that ring looks really difficult to get (I certainly didn't get it) - but that's fine. You accomplish the hard objective, you get a nifty little reward to show for your efforts. You don't, that's okay, you're not going to die a horrible death for it.

Yeah, I should have made the point that this isn't unique to that, just a noteworthy example with notoriety because you have to take the second castle in time to have a chance to get it.

Like I said, blind this is a mess. I assume they picked that village as it was closest to the bridge, not checking that said village might be more likely to burn to a crisp. And again, that's not your direct instruction to do that with bridges either.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Really? Unpromoted cavalry can not cross the mountains to Silesia?

Yep. It's a definite thing.

You are pretty much stuck with using the Warp staff to get them down.

Arden can never do it either.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Seems like FE4 is truely testing your patience^^

And you lot are loving it, I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But nothing is stopping you from calling yourself Kaga elitist anymore after you finish it.

Noble goal if there ever was one.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, a true Kaga elitist will go and play VS gaiden in japanese

I mean, I've half a mind to do that for Holy Sword of Silvanister already. Maybe when the one guy, what's his name, Zephgarus? Finishes his rough translation docs.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Really? Unpromoted cavalry can not cross the mountains to Silesia?

So I've heard. They're all close to Thove, so I can make a quick check...

Yup, Arden and unpromoted cavalry cannot cross the mountains. Another reason this chapter's shaping up to be the worst in this game. So far, at least.

(Copy-pasted from my Backloggd)

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a pretty fun game. There's honestly not a whole lot i can say about it if i'm being perfectly honest. It looks great, it plays great, i liked the set piece variety in most of the floors. The puzzles are fine for what this game is, they aren't complex at all and the hardest ones are still easier than the easiest Zelda puzzles. In another game, i would've complained about it but most of this game is just going from room to room, sucking up ghosts and finding the elevator button to advance to the next stage.

If there's one big issue i have with this game, it's filler. More than once, you'll be forced to backtrack to a previous floor and this always, always happens right after you unlock the next floor. And it's never justified, it exists purely for padding. Other times, there are floors that look neat visually but it's just a glorified boss room, which is disappointing in my opinion. There's also a certain gimmicky boss fight with just horrendous controls that it's easily the worst part of the game.

But besides all that, this game is fine. It ain't gonna blow your mind but it has charm. It also has a Kaiju fight sequence so bonus points. 7/10.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Congrats on getting the worst ranking!

Is C actually the worst rank?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But nothing is stopping you from calling yourself Kaga elitist anymore after you finish it. Well, a true Kaga elitist will go and play VS gaiden in japanese

No no, he still has to play OG Shadow Dragon and Gaiden if he wants to call himself a true Kaga elitist.

And you lot are loving it, I'm sure.

It's admittedly nice to know that even someone who loves Kaga's games far more than I do is still finding a good number of issues with them.

Oh, 'aight! The conversation that makes Sylvia and Lewyn marry starts automatically when Erin waits next to her, and Lewyn doesn't even get a say in the matter! Nice. Well, I think that's the most hilarious reason I've ever had to reset in FE.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

(Copy-pasted from my Backloggd)

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a pretty fun game. There's honestly not a whole lot i can say about it if i'm being perfectly honest. It looks great, it plays great, i liked the set piece variety in most of the floors. The puzzles are fine for what this game is, they aren't complex at all and the hardest ones are still easier than the easiest Zelda puzzles. In another game, i would've complained about it but most of this game is just going from room to room, sucking up ghosts and finding the elevator button to advance to the next stage.

If there's one big issue i have with this game, it's filler. More than once, you'll be forced to backtrack to a previous floor and this always, always happens right after you unlock the next floor. And it's never justified, it exists purely for padding. Other times, there are floors that look neat visually but it's just a glorified boss room, which is disappointing in my opinion. There's also a certain gimmicky boss fight with just horrendous controls that it's easily the worst part of the game.

But besides all that, this game is fine. It ain't gonna blow your mind but it has charm. It also has a Kaiju fight sequence so bonus points. 7/10.

Fair enough. I mostly agree, though I do have more of a fondness for the game because Luigi bias.

Is C actually the worst rank?

Yes.

No no, he still has to play OG Shadow Dragon and Gaiden if he wants to call himself a true Kaga elitist.

Like hell I'm gonna do that. I value my time, thank you very much. Now excuse me while I go continue moving units in Family Book of the Shiny Conflict.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's admittedly nice to know that even someone who loves Kaga's games far more than I do is still finding a good number of issues with them.

I'm glad someone's having fun, at least.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, i relish in the suffering of people, so yes

How kinky.

Speaking of kinky, Ayra and Holyn married when I wasn't looking. Whoops. Guess she'll be the first to get Mjölnir'd.

Yes.

Luigi's Mansion 3 was definitely made by parents who think C is a failing grade haha.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like hell I'm gonna do that. I value my time, thank you very much. Now excuse me while I go continue moving units in Family Book of the Shiny Conflict.

If you value your time so much, why are you playing FE4? Hahahahahaha gottem

IMG_20200801_212920.jpg

(I wish I could strikethrough on mobile but this is funnier).

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, i relish in the suffering of people, so yes

Shrimpy when he sees suffering

JPEG_20180908_205944.jpg

Should've seen me when I was suffering through Vestaria. Actually, I might be able to pull up the posts since it was in Discord.

Luigi's Mansion 3 was definitely made by parents who think C is a failing grade haha.

Hah! Probably.

If you value your time so much, why are you playing FE4? Hahahahahaha gottem

Arden.

Arden is the reason.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, if i post my fails here for people to laugh at, i can laugh at people, too, no? xD

Why do you think I'm posting my impressions of Genealogy? Certainly not to brag about my great decision-making. I mean, I could, I put the leg ring, the pursuit ring and the brave sword on Arden. Those are all great choices!

While waiting for the last few stragglers, Ayra made a stop at Sailane. Now she has promoted. She's showing even more leg in her new outfit, a fact that Holyn I'm sure quite appreciates.

Until I murder her to prevent his children from being born.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You can.

Put “” and “[ /s]” on each side of what you type.

[/s]Ah, I gotta do it the archaic way, huh?[/s]

Oh that didn't work.

Edited by Armagon