• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

From what I heard, if it's Netflix, it already is...

At least judging from the current controversy of the recent "leak" about the ATLA live-action adaptation...

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nah, just some comforting stuff. Nice tunes, though!

Donuts!

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

So Redwall is being made into a Netflix series, I hope they don’t screw it up.

Ahahaha! Haha... hah...

Just now, Sooks said:

Donuts!

Imagine having junk food in your house...

But hey, I HAVE food, which is something to be thankful for.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Oh, that's pretty neat! I wonder which book they'll do first. CHRONOLOGICALLY IT SHOULD BE LORD BROCKTREE, THE BEST OF ALL THE BOOKS.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

From what I heard, if it's Netflix, it already is...

Yikes...

Man, what a walk, with some sunshine and meeting some friends again...

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Oh poor innocent you

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Glad that you're having a good day!

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Imagine having junk food in your house...

But... they’re the best!

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

But hey, I HAVE food, which is something to be thankful for.

Yes indeed.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Hey, don’t laugh Sooks! That’s my buried childhood your mocking!

I’m mocking Netflix adaptations.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yay!

Just now, Sooks said:

But... they’re the best!

Eh, my dad doesn't want me eating that sorta stuff. It's unfortunate, but makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Glad that you're having a good day!

^^

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yay!

Yay!

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Come on Shrimp-kun, just because most book adaptations today are rubbish doesn’t mean that...oh no...

''most'' he says

lmao

more like all

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Come on Shrimp-kun, just because most book adaptations today are rubbish doesn’t mean that...oh no...

If it's any consolation, at least Redwall's not an opera. Remember the last time an opera was adapted?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The demo.

I was curious when you said there's a demo for it because I didn't find it on the store page.

I don't see it on the store page either, weird. Maybe it's removed?

This page seems to still reference it: https://steamdb.info/app/913140/

Maybe try clicking the install link there or running the Steam install link manually?

steam://install/913140

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, fuck it. I'm gonna go play something else. I'll spend 10 minutes backtracking some other time.

What about the Return and the Warp staff?

Edited by BrightBow

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The hint doesn't exist in a vacuum. Don't split up the sentence from the rest of the paragraph, please.

Okay, okay, sorry.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's still FE. And again, unless you haven't played FE before you're bound to go, "Oh, right, thieves could pick locks without keys in other games". So even if you don't see the village hint, you're nudged to experiment at the mention of the key. You have something that needs a key. You have a thief. In other FE's thieves could pick locks without keys. Of course, send the thief to where the bridge was. See if he picks the lock as in other FE's.

I really don't think this is as reasonable as you make it sound. Just because jumping's a mechanic in most Mario games doesn't mean I'm going to try to jump over a chasm 10 hours into Luigi's Mansion. It's a different game with different mechanics.

Oh well. I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree here, because we're going in circles at this point, and I don't think we'll come to an agreement.

Just now, BrightBow said:

What about the Return and the Warp staff?

Warp has 1 use left and Aideen had more important things to spend the money on. Ethlyn took the return staff with her because I'm an idiot.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Hey, don’t laugh Sooks! That’s my buried childhood your mocking!

I forgot it had a show! I've seen that opening before it turns out, but not much else. (Farthing Wood was probably enough in the national broadcaster's eyes.)

Trends being what they are, scepticism is acceptable. We don't quite agree on Castlevania if what we discussed before's any indication and my experience with other netflix produced series is limited, but I've heard some telling tales.

Just now, Robert Stewart said:

I don't see it on the store page either, weird. Maybe it's removed?

This page seems to still reference it: https://steamdb.info/app/913140/

Maybe try clicking the install link there or running the Steam install link manually?

steam://install/913140

Looks removed.

Well, good news is it'll download. On top of that got chatting with an old friend so thanks.

Just now, Dayni said:

Trends being what they are, scepticism is acceptable. We don't quite agree on Castlevania if what we discussed before's any indication and my experience with other netflix produced series is limited, but I've heard some telling tales.

I actually liked the adaptation of Castlevania. I only have a few grievances about certain changes, such as what I stated before and Hector being so naive.

EuxOT3iVEAM5yw_?format=jpg&name=large

Hotel Luigi is complete. I'll write something up in a bit (don't expect walls of texts, this is a simple game).

Is this like the first game where the higher rank, the more grand the final building is?

In other news, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has sold out in Japan thanks to Pyra and Mythra's inclusion in Smash Bros. This is very based.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is appallingly bad map design. All of this map. Truly embarrassing. Like, holy shit. I hesitate to put it below Reunion at Dawn Maddening because Reunion at Dawn Maddening just requires a couple units in the wrong classes / dead / RNG-screwed to be unbeatable, but... Other than that, I think Silesse takes a very close second place for the worst map series-wide.

Wow. This is terrible, absolutely fucking terrible. Without Dew (a unit that can very easily die if a gentle breeze ruffles his hair) it takes 100 turns to capture the first castle! Arden and any unpromoted cavaliers can't even participate in half the map at all because the only ways are blocked by mountains! The backtracking is worse than in chapter 3! Siege tomes all over the place! Who in the world thought any of this was a good idea?! Goodness gracious, it's like they made the intern design the entire map on a 24-hour deadline!

Look at it this way: the Reunion at Dawn soft-lock can only happen on Maddening, right? FE4 Ch.4 is just one difficulty.

I didn't even consider what happened to you but yeah, Ch.4 can very easily become a massive slog if you go in blind/lose Dew. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I think that might be the one village that got destroyed.

I love it when bandits start the chapter on top of the villages.

Yes the villages take multiple turns to be destroyed but it's damn near impossible to claim the full rewards from them, not to mention it basically forces you to speedrun, which is a bad combination with these giant maps.