Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That, kids, is why you put all the fliers you can into Micaiah's squad.
Makes that whole ordeal one heck of a lot more tolerable.

Funnily enough, I used 11-movement Aran to yeet everything. Worked pretty well.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Cheese ftw!

Part 4 of RD.txt

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

How did you get 11 movement on Aran?

Sebtinel-so base seven movement + Celerity = 9 movememt, + BOOTS =11

NO ITS NOT FAVORITISM

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Sebtinel-so base seven movement + Celerity = 9 movememt, + BOOTS =11

Ah, I see!
I forgot about the Celerity skill for a minute there.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

NO ITS NOT FAVORITISM

- me when I give every possible kill and the best skills to my favorite character, which in Radiant Dawn's case is Mia.

Edited by DragonFlames

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

RIP Boyd, but I sacked him so Laura could live.

Oscar and Rolf are glaring at you right now. /s

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

I really loved this game. Aside from part 4, it was pretty dang fun! The music was great and it was overall a very memorable game. I'll definitely play it again, someday.

That's great that you enjoyed it so much. I haven't even gotten that far in the game yet and I'm already enjoying myself quite a bit.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE6=FE10=Berwick saga>FE8>>>FE7>FE2>FE4

HERETIC!

Kidding of course. Although it's interesting how spot on you were when you said that FE6 fans usually dislike FE7, and FE7 fans usually dislike FE6 (like I do). Not always the case of course, just something of note. I see FE4 is in a very good placement though.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

Just Ike.

The genocIke doesn't discriminate. It just destroys.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Gameplay is like Berseria, but the characters and plot are... eeeeeeh...

I liked them in the anime so 🤷‍♂️.

At any rate, $10 is pretty cheap. 

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Kidding of course. Although it's interesting how spot on you were when you said that FE6 fans usually dislike FE7, and FE7 fans usually dislike FE6 (like I do). Not always the case of course, just something of note. I see FE4 is in a very good placement though.

Honestly, I think the reason I dislike FE7 is both that 

1. I played FE8 first and expected FE7 to be the same as it, ao bias points against it
  2. I had low expectations going into FE8 because everyone said that it was trash, whereas FE7 was heralded as supreme-which I didn't find it to be.

In fact, the only FE gane that I had high expectations for and met them was RD.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

me when I give every possible kill and the best skills to my favorite character, which in Radiant Dawn's case is Mia.

At least Mia's unironically pretty good! IIRC Astra's actually good in this game! Yes I'm salty because nobody knows who Aran is and he's pretty bad too.

EDIT: how the heck do people type on phones

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I liked them in the anime so 🤷‍♂️.

The anime is what the game's story should have been.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At any rate, $10 is pretty cheap.

It is. I'd say it's a fair price for the game, even.
Just... don't expect another Berseria, plot-wise, is all.

Just now, Benice said:

At least Mia's unironically pretty good! IIRC Astra's actually good in this game!

Astra on a Brave Sword is busted.
Support her with Ike and give either of the two the Daunt skill, then keep them close to each other => neither will ever get hit again.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Biorhythm is pretty crappy too. Unless there's something I'm not seeing, biorhythm is why I've had units miss with 85-95 hit rate and get hit by much lower. It didn't mean much in FE9, but IIRC I heard that RD really changed up how it works.

Biorithym sucks yes, but any changes it does you see directly, so don't blame it on missing 85s 😉

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

621 turns

i just checked mine, i had 445 😉

Gratz on finishing 😄

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Biorithym sucks yes, but any changes it does you see directly, so don't blame it on missing 85s 😉

Oh, thanks for making that clear. It was just something I noticed, but was unsure about how much influence it actually had over the gameplay.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:
  1. I had low expectations going into FE8 because everyone said that it was trash, whereas FE7 was heralded as supreme-which I didn't find it to be.

In fact, the only FE gane that I had high expectations for and met them was RD.

A classic problem. Great expectations increases likelihood of great disappointment, not that it'd be a positive thing to assume every game is going to be the most awful thing to ever exist and shouldn't exist either.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

At least Mia's unironically pretty good! IIRC Astra's actually good in this game! Yes I'm salty because nobody knows who Aran is and he's pretty bad too.

Aran ain't bad, the slightly too low Sentinel Spd cap is ehhhh for the finale, and some say he's too slow for Part 3, but I usually trained him up with Jill and Nolan for DB Part 3, the tank Soldier is a good unit. I wish he had actual characterization, but he does get one nice boss quote:

Aran vs Numida

Numida: Aargh! Where are my guards? Why do I have to be the one to fight?!
Aran: That’s right, I remember who you are. You let others do your dirty work while you run for safety. Looks like you’re running out of places to run, Senator.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, thanks for making that clear. It was just something I noticed, but was unsure about how much influence it actually had over the gameplay.

Best/Worst is +/- 10% Skill proc, +/- 10 Hit & Evade, and +/- 20% on finding hidden treasure. Good/Bad is half of the Best/Worst values. Normal is no modification

PoR Biorhythm was weaker, only +/- 5 Hit and Evade, except for those with Tempest and Serenity, which only four characters had.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Depending on character, it can go from -20 to +20 hit/avoid (depends on the amplitude of the curve. The higher the amplitude the bigger the changes)

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Depending on character, it can go from -20 to +20 hit/avoid (depends on the amplitude of the curve. The higher the amplitude the bigger the changes)

I see. Thanks again.

Unbenannt3.PNG

those were my RD MVPs

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Although it's interesting how spot on you were when you said that FE6 fans usually dislike FE7, and FE7 fans usually dislike FE6 (like I do).

What about people who hate both FE6 and FE7 😛

What about people who hate both FE6 and FE7 😛

Yeah, I meant that what Benice said about FE6 and FE7 fans seems to happen a lot, but not all the time. But there's also quite a few (like yourself) who dislike both of the Elibe games, which is understandable considering how flawed both FE6 and FE7 are.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

lso, the sporits randomly having guard even though it was unlisted bugged me a lot.

Iirc the skill was mentioned on either the boss or in their name

Edited by Shrimperor

Iirc the skill was mentioned on either the boss or in their name

I don't recall Sephiran's description saying about that, nor the spirits...

Bah, I probably just missed something.

And then there's me, who thinks any FE game prior to 7 is... not my kind of game, to say it as diplomatically as possible. Though I haven't played FE1-3 yet.
7 is okay, 8 is bleh, 9 and 10 are amazing, I like 11 and 12, though I prefer 11, 13 was the reason I bought my 3DS, 14 I'd rather forget ever happened, 15 was great, 16 was the best one so far.

And these are my opinions on all the FE games I've played. And I probably stepped on multiple landmines with that one.

Pft, Ike in the first place. So boring.

I once had a RD playthrough were MVP was Edward. Kid totally earned it, hahaha.

---

I suppose my step-on-landmine comment would be that I don't dislike any of them.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, Ike in the first place. So boring.

I once had a RD playthrough were MVP was Edward. Kid totally earned it, hahaha.

I had Ilyana as MVP at one point.
I didn't mind that at all, honestly.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose my step-on-landmine comment would be that I don't dislike any of them.

That's avoiding all the landmines.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Are you trying to start a flame war or something?!

That's avoiding all the landmines.

Nah, I'm sure that's stepping the landmine of "Hey, how dare you not dislike X game, because of so-and-so-and-so-and-so!!1!"

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Biorhythm is pretty crappy too. Unless there's something I'm not seeing, biorhythm is why I've had units miss with 85-95 hit rate and get hit by much lower. It didn't mean much in FE9, but IIRC I heard that RD really changed up how it works.

Byorythm just lowers hit, avoid, and skill activation when its low, and the opposite when its high.

edit: apparantly, I was a bit late.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, I'm sure that's stepping the landmine of "Hey, how dare you not dislike X game, because of so-and-so-and-so-and-so!!1!"

I would think one would receive more flak for disliking something than liking it.
Though then again...

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Are you trying to start a flame war or something?!

At least I intended nothing like that.

Let's see

FE4: big empty maps.txt. Holy weapons are totally fair and balanced. Gen1 story was cool, 2nd gen is bleg

FE5: Super fun, would've been more fun without Kaga bs surprises though

FE6: IS biggest mistake

FE7: IS 2nd biggest mistake

FE8: the only not bad GBAFE

FE9: Fun, but easy. The game where i learned most of my FE tactics and knowledge.

FE10: An almost perfect FE game, but Part 4 maps and a certain plot point exist. Tellius 2nd Best Cast in the franchise

Marth remakes and awakening: Zzz.

FE14: Conquest is one of the best gameplay experience i had in my life, not jusr FE wide. The other 2 routes however... yeah xD

FE15: Map design pls. Although i approve of alot of the gameplay mechanics like HP magic, combat arts and long range Archers

FE16: i aporove of almosr every gameplay change it brought to series, including those expanded from Echoes. Decent Maps, best Cast and by far best Story in the series.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

suppose my step-on-landmine comment would be that I don't dislike any of them.

That's boring 😛