• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, in the end, Hawke couldn't silence Ishtar, so that was my idea down the drain. However, he could silence the generic garbage bag guarding the castle, so I ended up going around the cliff and backcapping on their asses. Hah! Should've known better than to leave the castle to a generic.

And now, it's homecoming time.

I just didn’t know that units could get +2 in a stat from one level.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Gotta finish a research essay first.

F

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Finals week. If I get on it straight away, I can be done Tuesday. Extend my spring break a bit.

Then you got this! I know you can get it done.

Just now, Sooks said:

I just didn’t know that units could get +2 in a stat from one level.

Oh yeah, it's totally possible. And with Genealogy, very easy since you can easily have at least one growth (usually HP) over 100% thanks to eugenics. Getting to proc that second stat up, however...

And then you have Binding Blade's Karel...

Karel 210 130 140 140 120 110 100

The possibility of a unit’s death being guaranteed if one of your nearby characters didn’t just so happen to be the daughter of the person who I left the warp staff on because you randomly pulled what is essentially an ambush siege tome is not good game design.

Edited by Sooks

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The possibility of a unit’s death being guaranteed if one of your nearby characters didn’t just so happen to be the daughter of the person who I left the warp staff on because you randomly pulled what is essentially an ambush siege tome is not good game design.

In fairness, the game did warn you a while back that that dude would be getting fenrir at some point in the future.

Honestly though, yeah. From what I've seen, the best thing to do is give Balmung to Shanan and just let him solo his way to the shrine, then kill Ctuzof before he can start shooting. Nobody should have more than a 10% chance to nail him, anyway.

Ahahaha... the sleep edge hilariously breaks the arena.

In other news, Larcei and Johalvier are lovers! 

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In fairness, the game did warn you a while back that that dude would be getting fenrir at some point in the future.

Honestly though, yeah. From what I've seen, the best thing to do is give Balmung to Shanan and just let him solo his way to the shrine, then kill Ctuzof before he can start shooting. Nobody should have more than a 10% chance to nail him, anyway.

I didn’t know he would actually find it, and I didn’t know what Fenrir did, the guy saying “yOu CoUlD sHoOt ThEm FrOm HeRe” honestly felt like them just trying to set up the guy as super powerful, but I suppose that’s on me.

Patty would have been guaranteed to die if I didn’t have save states and the rewind button Lana didn’t have the warp staff.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t know he would actually find it, and I didn’t know what Fenrir did, the guy saying “yOu CoUlD sHoOt ThEm FrOm HeRe” honestly felt like them just trying to set up the guy as super powerful, but I suppose that’s on me

Kaga is often surprisingly literal for stuff like this. I've seen so many people take things figuratively when playing, say, Berwick blind and get destroyed by something the game told them was coming. 

I didn’t know he would actually find it, and I didn’t know what Fenrir did, the guy saying “yOu CoUlD sHoOt ThEm FrOm HeRe” honestly felt like them just trying to set up the guy as super powerful, but I suppose that’s on me.

Fair enough about fenrir, I'm pretty sure that's the first time you see it. But watching that scene and assuming that he'd never find the book was kinda weird. I mean, what's the point of the scene, then?

Patty would have been guaranteed to die if I didn’t have save states and the rewind button Lana didn’t have the warp staff.

Oof...

Honestly, I'd nag you a bit harder, if it wasn't for the fact that I myself almost died to the fenrir tome and had to rewind two turns to save the past 20 minutes of my life.

As it is, I can't say I blame you for valuing your time.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Doesnt Sandima use Fenrir in gen 1 chapter 1?

...Oohh. Right. Sandima.

Well, to be fair, I can't blame him for forgetting. Sandima is a complete non-issue thanks to Deirdre.

YES! YES! I DID IT!

I've spent far too long on this.

But I did it. Feast your eyes! Not you, @Sooks, this is a little bit spoilerific.

I have officially beaten FE4. Nothing more to see here.

...Unless... I can do it again with the tinier one... Hmmm.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I did it. Feast your eyes! Not you, @Sooks, this is a little bit spoilerific.

(You lost a heartwarming non-sequitor hidden scene, but you didn't know the scene was there, whatever)

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(You lost a heartwarming non-sequitor hidden scene, but you didn't know the scene was there, whatever)

Oh, goddamnit, that one scene requires that Seliph does the foul deed?

I call bullshit on you, game. Let me do it with Hannibal.

Well, I still have the save state with the correct RNG. I'll use it to check the scene out.

...I'm not using it to continue, though. Canon timeline is the video's timeline.

Okay, I just watched it.

I want to point out how ironic the "remember, your power alone was not what put an end to him" line is, in this context.

What I didn't know was that this scene gets you a goodie. A goodie that I'll cheerfully sacrifice in exchange for Hannibal getting to do the thing. Toodles, renewal band!

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, goddamnit, that one scene requires that Seliph does the foul deed?

I call bullshit on you, game. Let me do it with Hannibal.

Well, I still have the save state with the correct RNG. I'll use it to check the scene out.

...I'm not using it to continue, though. Canon timeline is the video's timeline.

I didn't feel like you had to be forced to make it canon, just letting you know that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I didn't feel like you had to be forced to make it canon, just letting you know that's the case.

I mean, no one's forcing me, but I want it to be that way.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well Kaga was certainly a little siege weapon crazy this map. How do I even approach the castle??

Shanan.

...In my experience with the map, Shanan's the answer to... Really, everything. Blume might require a bit more finesse, though. Shanan cannot survive a Mjölniring at base.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I didn't know was that this scene gets you a goodie. A goodie that I'll cheerfully sacrifice in exchange for Hannibal getting to do the thing. Toodles, renewal band!

salvation.jpg

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Unless... I can do it again with the tinier one... Hmmm.

Oh wow, that is impressive, although I don't think it's possible against the tinier one though...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shanan.

...In my experience with the map, Shanan's the answer to... Really, everything. Blume might require a bit more finesse, though. Shanan cannot survive a Mjölniring at base.

Ares is a good option against Blume, as he can live the Mjolnir hit.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Well Kaga was certainly a little siege weapon crazy this map. How do I even approach the castle??

Did the Ishtroll manage to proc adept with his siege tome?