• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Question: if I sell something at the pawnbroker’s and don’t buy it back that chapter, will it be there in the next chapter? Apparently you can’t buy items that unit can’t use... for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Question: if I sell something at the pawnbroker’s and don’t buy it back that chapter, will it be there in the next chapter? Apparently you can’t buy items that unit can’t use... for some reason.

Yes, it will stick around for the whole generation in there if you let it.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Really? 

Did you say you were having fun with this puzzle earlier, or was that a different one? Was this super-long puzzle fun at some and has it since become a burden?

If you actually mean a dungeon built around a single giant puzzle, well on paper that doesn't sound like a bad idea. It'd be befitting lore if it was placed in an all-important shrine as a seal to keep isolated a world-threatening evil or a universe-changing power.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did you say you were having fun with this puzzle earlier, or was that a different one? Was this super-long puzzle fun at some and has it since become a burden?

It was a different one but there hasn't been a bad puzzle in this whole dungeon. Everything has been absolutely based so far, truly testing you on everything you've learned throughout the game.

This particular puzzle just tricks you into thinking it's more complicated than it actually is. I never would've guessed that using the switch to recall the ball to it's starting point was part of the solution because before, it's just been a reset switch.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is true. Even the best of OSTs becomes bothersome if you listen to them too much. FE4 doesn't force you to play a giant map in one sitting, but people do it anyhow, and that combined with the turns of naught but moving units sometimes, creates a toilsome effect on the listener. If you broke up the FE4 experience more, it'd ease the music fatigue. And in some other FEs, the player phase theme may vary from chapter to chapter, another way of keeping music fatigue down.

The problem is not even that. Chapter 2 is, to put it simply, boring to play. I can do all the chapters at once, but I keep getting annoyed with it.

On the other hand, Chapter 3 is probably my favorite in the game. I'm playing right now and I'm having a blast. If all goes well, I think I can pair Finn and Brigid together.

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

On the other hand, Chapter 3 is probably my favorite in the game. I'm playing right now and I'm having a blast. If all goes well, I think I can pair Finn and Brigid together.

Yes, make Thracia 776 extra awkward for him,

Spoiler

as he fails to recognize his one true love for three years.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, make Thracia 776 extra awkward for him,

Reveal hidden contents

as he fails to recognize his one true love for three years.

That's exactly what I want to do, as I plan to play Thracia right away. I think that the fact that Finn fell in love, had children, abandoned his children to protect his liege and rediscovered his love just so she doesn't remember anything they lived through is hilarious tragic.

Okay anyway, so now that I’ve had a refreshing meal, that was chapter 7 completed. I don’t see what’s bad about it at all, @Saint Rubenio, the ‘ambush’ with the fenrir tome was the only ugh part (even then I had the tools to solve it), though this one probably had the most walling simulator with what happens when you capture the bottom left castle, especially considering you basically need Ares over there to get the bottom right one and finish the map. It was one of the better chapters really, I know there was a lot of waking simulator but...eh?

I mean, they’ve all been great so far, even 4 to an extent, I’m just saying that was another fantastic chapter.

And I managed to get everyone to max level in the arena (except Lana because she can’t fight) so go me! Though Tine needed many, many attempts on the last fight...

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I don’t see what’s bad about it at all, @Saint Rubenio, the ‘ambush’ with the fenrir tome was the only ugh part, though this one probably had the most walling simulator with what happens when you capture the bottom left castle, especially considering you basically need Ares over there to get the bottom right one and finish the map. It was one of the better chapters really, I know there was a lot of waking simulator but...eh?

Why did you mention me here? I did tell you that I don't find it to be bad at all. It's other people that usually cite 7 as one of their least favorite maps in the game, but I disagree. Personally speaking, 4 beats all in terms of badness.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m just saying that was another fantastic chapter.

The important thing is that you're only two chapters away from Hannibal. You must use him, for your sake if not mine. He's very, very good.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why did you mention me here? I did tell you that I don't find it to be bad at all. It's other people that usually cite 7 as one of their least favorite maps in the game, but I disagree. Personally speaking, 4 beats all in terms of badness.

I thought you said chapter 7 was a low. That didn’t happen?

Huh. Well I agree with you then!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The important thing is that you're only two chapters away from Hannibal. You must use him, for your sake if not mine. He's very, very good.

zzlL9JZ.jpg

Just now, Sooks said:

I thought you said chapter 7 was a low. That didn’t happen?

I said I found it to be fine, not my favorite but certainly not my least favorite. I take issue with... Really, the same things you do, but that's about it. It's otherwise okay. Frankly, unless the final chapter really changes my mind, I've found gen 2 to have overall better maps than gen 1. That's not to say gen 1 is terrible, but gen 1 has chapters 4 and 5, which are... Far bigger shitters than anything gen 2 has to offer.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

zzlL9JZ.jpg

Stop that! All of my advice is good. It got you Johalvier, and you ended up liking Johalvier, so what is there to complain about?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Stop that! All of my advice is good. It got you Johalvier, and you ended up liking Johalvier, so what is there to complain about?

You said people commonly say that Hannibal has the worst growths in the series. Or at least, implied it.

And he’s an armor knight.

Edited by Sooks

Really liking the music in this final dungeon (that I still haven't finished, though the breaks I'm taking aren't really because of the dungeon's long length).

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time for Origami King, i guess

Good luck. That one's an underrated gem.