Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Unless it got sent to the convoy but I don't think that exists. Haven't seen the option for it.

The convoy definitely exists. It just calls itself the "Item Bank." Runan can access it at all times, and you can check it in shops or the item list. 

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Unless it got sent to the convoy but I don't think that exists. Haven't seen the option for it

There definitely is a convoy. Runan has it in battles. In the menus it's the "items" option.

got all the chests except one in the forest at the bottom right. I sent Yuni to go get it but a bunch of zombies started spawning right there and no one else was there so I just ended the map.

RIP

Not only the crest, the yellow zombies give almost 100 experience to anyone and you missed out on a bunch. Oh well.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

The convoy definitely exists. It just calls itself the "Item Bank." Runan can access it at all times, and you can check it in shops or the item list. 

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There definitely is a convoy. Runan has it in battles. In the menus it's the "items" option.

I'll check that and if it's not in there, RIP.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not only the crest, the yellow zombies give almost 100 experience to anyone and you missed out on a bunch. Oh well.

Yeah, there was just no one else near and I didn't want Yuni getting overwhelmed.

7+ Hours bangers in a ~50 Hour game

Man, IS, this was so close to a 10/10 if you just had a good progression system and something instead of Toads that i am mad it isn't a 10/10 game
When something is so close to perfection for you, and doesn't achieve it, it kinda hurts more xD

it's like getting an A instead of A+ in exams, which sucks

So this is kinda random, but i want to talk about it anyway...

Does anyone else really hate the ''You are doing better than others, you should be thankful'' thing?

Like yeah i am thankful to what i have, of course, but shouldn't we always aim to be better instead of looking at those in a worse position and thinking ''Yeah i am in a better position that should be enough''.

Like, we should always aim for something higher, to the stars if need to be! Just because others are suffering more doesn't mean we are ok. We should strive to be better while helping reduce the suffering of those less fortunate than us....

Or am i just stupidly ambitious or something lol

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Does anyone else really hate the ''You are doing better than others, you should be thankful'' thing?

Like yeah i am thankful to what i have, of course, but shouldn't we always aim to be better instead of looking at those in a worse position and thinking ''Yeah i am in a better position that should be enough''.

I am not a fan of it on a personal level (Sure I could be worse off but it sounds like it's being used to dismiss a problem) but I'm sick of it on a societal level.

Stratification of everyone and to the extreme degrees going on is just begging for stagnation the way things are going.

Being grateful for what you have can be one lesson, but it just reads to me like we should act like everything's fine, when I'd argue it's not (and it's more apparent it's not).

Out of the blue question for any Smash players: Who is the character or characters you dislike facing off against most? As in just a boring matchup, frustrating personally, anything! I'm curious to see if anyone shares opinions on characters.

For me personally: 

• My Kryptonite, Mario. God he is awful to deal with in neutral, and his advantage state is scary af. Amazing frame data, and great overall speed make him a constant threat. This is a personal hell as i simply have poor judgement when it comes to Mario. Any chraracter i play, this is a personal worst matchup.
  • Zelda. She is boring to fight against. Up B -----> Neutral B. Rinse Repeat. It's not hard to deal with, but it's very boring and pointlessly stalls out games.
  • Roy. Amazing speed, power, range, comboes, he has it all... well, almost. His recovery is fair, but his rushdown really gets to me after a while. A bit stressful as well.
  • Link. Another personal hell, but not as bad as Mario, not even close.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Who is the character or characters you dislike facing off against most? As in just a boring matchup, frustrating personally, anything! I'm curious to see if anyone shares opinions on characters.

Wario. I fucking hate his shoulder special thing.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:
  • Zelda. She is boring to fight against. Up B -----> Neutral B. Rinse Repeat. It's not hard to deal with, but it's very boring and pointlessly stalls out games.

I kinda main Zelda and never play her like that xD

although it's been a while since i last smashed.

Kinda surprised your fav. Rat is not on the list

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Being grateful for what you have can be one lesson, but it just reads to me like we should act like everything's fine, when I'd argue it's not (and it's more apparent it's not).

yup, and it's annoying and usually used just to shut you up.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wario. I fucking hate his shoulder special thing.

I kinda main Zelda and never play her like that xD

although it's been a while since i last smashed.

Kinda surprised your fav. Rat is not on the list

...Shoulder Special?

It's annoying! Like, really? It's not getting anything done, so just knock it off!

Oof, rusty, eh?

Funny you should mention him...

Spoiler

cae821cf892a699e1c6594a1879f71a0.png

My personal tier list of characters that i think are tough to deal with on a personal level or simply cause their status as being overall good characters.

As you can see, Pika is up there. He isn't Mario, though, he is #1 and he deserves that spot. 

Also, this ISNT a tier list, just my personal character feelings when fighting them.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

...did the last patch buff Mario that much or something? Or is he to you like Wario is to me, just annoying xD

Nah, i just don't handle fighting him well. He honestly really frustrates me and i know that's not for the best, but after a while, it can get a bit discouraging when he wipes you out at early % with his absurd comboes and frame data/speed. You get on his shield? Out of shield U smash or SH B air is gonna get you and force you to back off, and this is just the defensive game. he gets you with one U air? Might as well kiss that stock goodbye! Fireballs as free defense offstage is dumb too. UP B has a monster disjoint and very hard to get through without risking being spiked against the stage by it, so that's out of the question. and... that's just for starters!

For reference: his N air is frame 3 opening, F air is 16, which is the only slow one, B air is frame 6, u air is frame 4. and d air is frame 5. These are impossible to react to, and are so damn safe, it's annoying. 

Also:

Spoiler

Hitbox Image

His Up B disjoint for refernce again. Frame 3 opening by the way. You can see the hitboxes appear before he even leaps! BS, i tell ya.

Although iirc, Mario has huge lag if his air attacks miss, no?

...not even close. on average:

n air has 6 frames of landing lag, f air has 17, b air has 6 frames, u air has 6 and d air has 15, but has a grounded box as well. This is pretty much un punishable and his on shield risk? Yeah, not really too much. you should be canceling aerials by hitting the ground pretty much all the time, btw.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

...not even close. on average:

n air has 6 frames of landing lag, f air has 17, b air has 6 frames, u air has 6 and d air has 15, but has a grounded box as well. This is pretty much un punishable and his on shield risk? Yeah, not really too much. you should be canceling aerials by hitting the ground pretty much all the time, btw.

I see

I just remember suiciding alot as Mario because i missed f air and d air quite a bit xD

It's deadly if it hits, yeah, but if not...

I see

I just remember suiciding alot as Mario because i missed f air and d air quite a bit xD

It's deadly if it hits, yeah, but if not...

... have you not seen the D throw to F air true combo at the ledge?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

... have you not seen the D throw to F air true combo at the ledge?

Has been a *while* since i last did anything smash related, so don't remember much honestly haha

The curse of having no one to play with

Has been a *while* since i last did anything smash related, so don't remember much honestly haha

The curse of having no one to play with

Ah, im sorry to hear that. You don't play online at all?

My hatred for Mario is close to my hatred for Pika! Hopefully they nerf him sometime. Please make it happen! XD

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

....should I be worried?

Well, to be honest, no. In my opinion, Yakuza: Like a dragon is a fantastic experience with one of the strongest narratives in any game I've seen; I think only Yakuza 0 beats it out, really. That said, it has a few...Not so fantastic parts. For one, the game starts off slowly; all non PS2 Yakuza games are set in incredibly dense open worlds with tons of stuff to do-But most open up at about chapter 2, with a fairly short intro chapter which is generally a tutorial and a plot hook. Like a dragon, however, starts off with a lot of plot and doesn't really open up until chapter 4. This is not to say that the story's bad for the first few chapters, (Ichiban's not great at the beginning, admittedly) but the first three chapters are basically cutscenes interspersed by combat. This game does not start off with a huge bang, so you should be mentally prepared for that. Afterwards, the plot kinda meanders along, (Nothing terrible, but it's pretty lax) for the next three or so chapters, before taking off and being, in my opinion, fantastic for the next long stretch.

Chapter 13 is pretty interesting, chapter 14...Honestly, in my opinion, isn't great, and the finale is...Immaculate.

Another flaw with the game is the fact that there is a big wall at some point. You will know what I mean if/when you see it. (I will give a non-spoilery hint in the spoiler below, but in case you wanna be 100% blind, don't open it. And it will not make any sense to you until the wall is about to arrive.)

Spoiler

Yappi-kun is not a suggestion. It is a threat.

That said, I am vastly underselling the game right now-It has flaws, but it's just so good, and the plot lacking a ton of tension and drive for a while isn't necessarily a bad thing, since you're able to see some of the game's great side content and substories without the stressful "BAD THINGS HAPPEN" music. I think that it is an absolute masterpiece, but I am impatient, hence my threats to make you play it. I'd give it a 9.85/10.

And, I feel like I should mention this: Don't bother trying to do the True Millennium tower in the postgame unless you adore the game so much that you've gotta see it.* I will leave the specifics out to avoid scaring you away before you start, though.

*You don't miss anything important by not doing it, just the achievement.

TL;DR THIS GAME IS SO GOOD IF ANYTHING I'VE SAID HAS DISSUADED YOU IGNORE ITTTTTTTTTTT

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

So this is kinda random, but i want to talk about it anyway...

Like, we should always aim for something higher, to the stars if need to be! Just because others are suffering more doesn't mean we are ok. We should strive to be better while helping reduce the suffering of those less fortunate than us....

I don’t know what you mean. I like to think about what I do have that many others aren’t privy to, but that has nothing to do with meaning I should just give up on everything. I like to be thankful. But you’re saying it’s being used as a deterrent. A deterrent for what? What are you striving for? I think about having food, water, clothes, a house, heating, etc. but that has nothing to do with “aiming for the stars”. These points seem unrelated. What do you mean?

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You don't play online at all?

Lag McLag xD

That, and it was either getting curbstomp'd or curbstomping lol (mostly the former)

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A deterrent for what?

For wanting to be better, or wanting more.

''Be glad we aren't like x'' is an arguement i hear way too often

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lag McLag xD

That, and it was either getting curbstomp'd or curbstomping lol (mostly the former)

Yikes.

Well, that's how you improve! Dont take it hard, like I do! Xd

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

For wanting to be better, or wanting more.

''Be glad we aren't like x'' is an arguement i hear way too often

Well then, we’re in agreement that that’s a stupid argument.

Enough so that I had trouble understanding. What you have shouldn’t affect who you are.