Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, the entire game was supposed to be a return to Archanea again. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a TearRing version of Falchion. But then Kaga left IntSys while still trying to continue the development and well, we all know the rest.

So that make we wonder was it related to FE64? (aka Maiden of Darkness?)

Because it's never been clarified but would make sense.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So that make we wonder was it related to FE64? (aka Maiden of Darkness?)

Because it's never been clarified but would make sense.

Well we do know Maiden of Darkness's development was moved to the GBA. As in, they probably restarted it because going from console -> handheld.....yeah.

However, Binding Blade still has a lot of Archanea similarities so if both Maiden of Darkness and TearRing were supposed to be Archanea sequels, then I guess after the whole lawsuit, both parties decided to not go that route while still keeping elements.

Although as we all know, IntSys would eventually make an Archanea sequel in the form of Awakening.

Kaga moment is when you make a glorified event chapter where there are literally two enemies who accidentally mistake you for the bad guys in an otherwise empty chapter.

Beautiful weather where I am right now. A sunny day of 66F/19C, 10 to 15F above where it's supposed to be for the rest of month. Not in the mood to play too much today, I have to soak in the rays, do a little reading, perhaps yard work.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2761.png?width=554&height=432

I'm convinced the coin flip is rigged. I gave up on it.

You'll be able to access this map again later, if you want to. The house that asks for items to combine has the following.:

"Forge two items to recieve a new one. You must follow this order :

Estoc + Silver Shield = Shieldblade

Slim Sword + Magic Shield = Wardblade

Swordbreaker + Gold Bag = Thief Sword

Longbow + Azioth (the "revive on death" consumable item) = Blessed Bow

Heal + Repair Hammer = Hammerne"

Pardon if any of the names don't match exactly, SF still uses the old translation.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm convinced the coin flip is rigged. I gave up on it.

It actually looks like the RNG locks in when you enter the house. Or at least at the start of the turn. I was able to make 2K off of it.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You'll be able to access this map again later, if you want to.

Yeah I noticed.

What's the VIP house for?

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah I noticed.

What's the VIP house for?

Secret Shop. As Holmes can access this map again during the second route split, if Narcus found the Guild Key for Runan's team, you can pass the key to him. If you missed the Guild Key, the Fort Ligria item crafter can make you one:

"Leather Shield + WLV Plus = DEF Plus

Silver Sword + Iron Shield = Silver Shield

Brave Sword + Gold Bag = Hero Crest

Healing Drop + Amulet = Azioth

Thief Sword + Bridge Key = Guild Key"

As for the Blahd Secret Shop:

Brave Sword (7000 G), Brave Lance (6400 G), Brave Axe (4500 G), Brave Bow (4800 G)

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

if Narcus found the Guild Key for Runan's team, you can pass the key to him. If you missed the Guild Key, the Fort Ligria item crafter can make you one:

Yeah I didn't really feel like combing the desert for that so I guess I'll get it crafted.

The coin flip is rigged, but in your favor as far as I am aware.

Supposedly the option you pick affects nothing. Rather, victory is a 50/50 chance + the luck stat of whoever entered the building.

Anyway, Blaad is accessible from the world map at any time. So there is no reason to visit all the houses now.

Edited by BrightBow

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kaga moment is when you make a glorified event chapter where there are literally two enemies who accidentally mistake you for the bad guys in an otherwise empty chapter.

I love that chapter. It's one of those things that evidence how experimental TRS is. Kaga just threw a bunch of ideas at the wall with this game, and it shows - for better and worse.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2759.png?width=556&height=432

So here is where i make a save state and just reload until i get the optimal chests.

There's statboosters, promo items, gold bags and fucking herbs. Personally, I like nabbing the promo items, plus the magic and speed statboosters.

I hope they never patch this.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's statboosters, promo items, gold bags and fucking herbs. Personally, I like nabbing the promo items, plus the magic and speed statboosters.

I grabbed the Sage Robes, a Hero's Crest, two money bags and a Brave Crossbow.

And speaking of chests, how do I get the isolated ones in Ch.16? The Mogalls can cross the walls no problem but I don't think I can do that.

Edit: oh nvm. I see it now.

......this is gonna take a while.

Edited by Armagon

Berwick:

Spoiler

Berwick wyverns sure are big boys. :v

Honestly doesn't seem like that bad of a "hiring fee," unless the last part means I need to re-pay for each map I use her for.

Also, I think I might keep the gambler's brace for now rather than handing it over.

Edited by Robert Stewart

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And speaking of chests, how do I get the isolated ones in Ch.16? The Mogalls can cross the walls no problem but I don't think I can do that.

There are secret passages in the walls. The WoD map will show where they are.

7 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

There are secret passages in the walls. The WoD map will show where they are.

Yeah, I saw them already. That's why I said this was gonna take a while.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit: oh nvm. I see it now.

......this is gonna take a while.

This is the map where you bust out all the thieves. All of them.

Probably too late, but worth noting is that Maerchen is actually faster than everyone else on swamp terrain. He can reach the middle chest while the others take care of the rest.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

40 turns.

Yeah... One of TRS's worst maps, overall. Sperm cave is just not too fun. You can't even use it as a training grounds for San and Frau, becuase the damned things are deceptively powerful.