Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well yeah, that's why I said in theory.

Imagine it on Raquel, though. I mean, sure, she can't kill, but how many enemies would survive a round of that with more than 1 HP? At that point it's a mercy kill, to be honest.

It's so funny. He looked at the Brave Bow and said "but what if more".

And then one of his interns went "but Kaga, Sir, surely this is too much for the player to face in chapter 7?"

"...You're correct, son."

"GIVE THE PLAYER THE BRAVE BOW IN CHAPTER 3"

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh wow, the Witch AI is actually stupid.

And count your lucky stars it is.

...Friendly reminder that Kaga gives you one of your own because he's great like that.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Kaga moment is when you attack the boss of Ch.9, only for a cutscene to play where the boss gets killed by another boss and your unit's turn is completely wasted.

Kaga moment is when you attack the boss of Ch.9, only for a cutscene to play where the boss gets killed by another boss and your unit's turn is completely wasted.

Ah, yes. That moment that reminds you that this is still a Kaga game, even if he learned his lesson and canned ambush reinforcements. Cool story moment, but well... I hope your unit can tank an elfire.

Fun fact, you can't canto away after the boss switch. Thanks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hope your unit can tank an elfire

I mean, i just had Raquel Brave Bow him so Sasha could land the finishing blow.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact, you can't canto away after the boss switch. Thanks.

Yeah, tried that with Martel and the game said no.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Doesn't he switch before you can even reach him?

He switches after a set amount of turns that I cannot remember pass, but it's really easy to reach Seamus before that happens.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i just had Raquel Brave Bow him so Sasha could land the finishing blow.

Well done.

Oh, by the way, small bit of advice for the next map: There'll be a fort without a boss protecting it. Putting a unit in the range of any one of the enemies near the fort will cause an event to happen, and the boss to appear. Make very sure not to let it happen. Wait until the boss appears on his own, then advance. Otherwise, best case scenario you'll glitch out the endings and supports of two units, worst case scenario you'll screw yourself out of a paladin with Flurry and Wrath. So yeah. Be careful.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Annnnd it was leaked that Portugal is the final civ of the latest, very possibly last, round of Civ VI DLC. Expected, but disappointing. I wanted North America Native American, them and Africa (North Africa in particular) could use more love. 

Still going to buy the DLC though, once it's on sale for 25% off the umpteenth time. Not a whole lot else is interesting me at the moment, and I want to try Bull Moose Roosevelt.

---

Slowly progressing through XC1 some more, the usually forgettable lizard humanoid battle was unexpectedly brutal, I barely survived even using my stored levels to get a couple above them. I then deleveled back to where I was and unexpectedly won against the assassins though I had not swapped out Shulk. The Dinobeast battle earlier was fun with a Shulk-Reyn-Dunban team (the only characters I've been using), my limited healing kept me on edge, but I still won first attempt. I intend to get through Prison Island later tonight.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2750.png?width=558&height=432

Is that a Brave Brave Bow? Like, in theory, you could do eight hits?

SF's weapon page indicates it's just called "Gatling Bow" in Japanese, and that the fan translator renamed it.

That said...

"The Chu-Ko-Nu is a rather nifty repeating crossbow invented in China at the end of the second century AD. The machine looks something like a standard European crossbow with a box bolted to its top, just above the string. The box was filled with crossbow bolts. In operation, the soldier would pull a lever to cock the string and then push the lever back, causing a bolt to drop out of the box and into place to be fired. This gave the Chu-Ko-Nu a faster rate of fire than a standard European crossbow. However, the Chu-Ko-Nu fired a lighter bolt and had a shorter range than a European machine. Which was the superior weapon would depend upon circumstances – the European model might prevail in open terrain against heavily armored opponents, while the Chu-Ko-Nu would probably be better at short-range against large numbers of lighter-armored attackers."

...the renaming wasn't random.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

worst case scenario you'll screw yourself out of a paladin with Flurry and Wrath. So yeah. Be careful.

You talking about Mintz? Looking at the recruitment guide, it says I can get Rennie this chapter by clearing it before 10 turns but if I do that, I can't get Mintz. Whereas if I let the 10 turns pass, I can get both Mintz and Rennie so I take it that's the more optimal strat.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Chu-Ko-Nu is a rather nifty repeating crossbow invented in China at the end of the second century AD. The machine looks something like a standard European crossbow with a box bolted to its top, just above the string. The box was filled with crossbow bolts. In operation, the soldier would pull a lever to cock the string and then push the lever back, causing a bolt to drop out of the box and into place to be fired. This gave the Chu-Ko-Nu a faster rate of fire than a standard European crossbow. However, the Chu-Ko-Nu fired a lighter bolt and had a shorter range than a European machine. Which was the superior weapon would depend upon circumstances – the European model might prevail in open terrain against heavily armored opponents, while the Chu-Ko-Nu would probably be better at short-range against large numbers of lighter-armored attackers."

Interesting. The fact that it's on an Artilleryman is fitting since those guys do not have range while in the tank.

Oh yeah, I have decided not to do the Plum event. One, because I'd feel bad. Two, because I ain't using up a slot as a sacrificial lamb, even if it's only temporarily.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SF's weapon page indicates it's just called "Gatling Bow" in Japanese, and that the fan translator renamed it.

That said...

"The Chu-Ko-Nu is a rather nifty repeating crossbow invented in China at the end of the second century AD. The machine looks something like a standard European crossbow with a box bolted to its top, just above the string. The box was filled with crossbow bolts. In operation, the soldier would pull a lever to cock the string and then push the lever back, causing a bolt to drop out of the box and into place to be fired. This gave the Chu-Ko-Nu a faster rate of fire than a standard European crossbow. However, the Chu-Ko-Nu fired a lighter bolt and had a shorter range than a European machine. Which was the superior weapon would depend upon circumstances – the European model might prevail in open terrain against heavily armored opponents, while the Chu-Ko-Nu would probably be better at short-range against large numbers of lighter-armored attackers."

...the renaming wasn't random.

Aethin took a lot of liberties when it came to weapon and class names. In many cases in an attempt to bring them closer to FE.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You talking about Mintz? Looking at the recruitment guide, it says I can get Rennie this chapter by clearing it before 10 turns but if I do that, I can't get Mintz. Whereas if I let the 10 turns pass, I can get both Mintz and Rennie so I take it that's the more optimal strat.

Let me explain the whole thing.

Spoiler

Basically, at one point Mintz will begin to move and try to reach the fort.

If you aggro the enemies and cause the boss to appear before Mintz reaches the fort, you get Leonie (that's her modern name) at the end of the map, but Mintz becomes unrecruitable. Do NOT do this.

If you let him reach the fort and save Leonie, Leonie will leave and Mintz will be recruited at the end of the map. Leonie will be in a house in the next Runan map, though, so she'll lose like 5 turns of availability. I recommend that you do this.

If you let him reach the fort, but cause the boss to appear before he saves Leonie (there's a one turn window to do this), you'll get both of them at the end of the map. However, this was an oversight. Doing this will weaken their support, and it will glitch out their endings. Seeing how Leonie only misses out on a few turns before Mintz recruits her in the next Runan map, I'd say do the second thing and leave it at that.

Oh yeah, I have decided not to do the Plum event. One, because I'd feel bad. Two, because I ain't using up a slot as a sacrificial lamb, even if it's only temporarily.

Fair. I can totally understand, the event is just... horrible.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah, I figured that was the whole case.

While we're on that topic, use Leonie. She's an archer est, which yeah, it sounds like a recipe for disaster, but then you take a look at her growths and realize that they wouldn't be out of place in something like Sacred Stones. Which doesn't soudn that amazing, but it's way above the rest of TRS's cast. She also has the best skill in the game, and learns Paragon at level 9.

Also, 10% move growth. Yeah.

Here, take a gander at the girl's potential.

ZoJkiMUl_o.png

Look at that, and tell me you don't want to use her. Go on, I dare ya.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here, take a gander at the girl's potential.

ZoJkiMUl_o.png

Look at that, and tell me you don't want to use her. Go on, I dare ya.

Haha. Well I like using Ests anyway so this works.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha. Well I like using Ests anyway so this works.

Not gonna lie, she's my favorite Est in any FE. Such a fun unit to use. I love how Kaga took a horrible concept like "archer Est" and made it work by making her snowball like no other unit in the game. Sure, she's not an optimal unit to use according to the LTC pros, but who cares about them? They don't know how to have fun. They only use the top tier losers.

And then there's the 10% move growth. You just... You can't argue with the 10% move growth.

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh Mintz will aggro on you if you go to the plains.

Guess I'll just chill in the town until he starts leaving.

Oh, wow. I didn't know that. Ernst leaves (as you've probably seen), so going to the plains is not a bad idea to get experience if you can handle the risk, but I didn't know Mintz charged you as well if you did it too soon. Prooooobably for the best to avoid that. He's not as absurdly fun as Leonie, but he's a paladin with Wrath and Flurry. You don't wanna lose that!

Raffin really promoted from a mounted unit to a flying unit huh.

31 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

More importantly, this might delay him so he won't make it to the castle in time.

Oh is there actually an outcome where Leonie doesn't get saved?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Raffin really promoted from a mounted unit to a flying unit huh.

Prepromotes promoting. That's the sort of creative stuff that makes me love TRS.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh is there actually an outcome where Leonie doesn't get saved?

I'm pretty sure if a certain amount of turns pass, Leonie gets burned at the stake. Of course, it's as easy as just letting Mintz ride there on his own, so it's difficult to see.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Prepromotes promoting. That's the sort of creative stuff that makes me love TRS.

Well it's not the first time as Gaiden did do that as well. Though never as drastic. The mount would never change between promotion tho. Even Pegasus Knight -> Wyvern Knight in the Archanea games was more normal than Paladin -> Wyvern Knight (Lord?).

Edited by Armagon