• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

4/5. Someone give me some final battle music.

Not the final boss, but eh.

Edited by Benice

*Watches the news*

*Sees the head of Take-Two defend the price increase to $70 for a typical game in the US, and downplays the criticism against it.*

🤬 You!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

This is a Classic Doctor Who time vortex.

The Trail of Souls is a little trippy. I like it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The last thing i expected out of Baten Kaitos was a shoot em'up segment.

It's oddly the only one in the entire game. Wouldn't have been terrible to include this as an optional minigame later.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, this was 100% intentional given Monolith Soft was doing Xenosaga at the same time.

Of course it was!😁

After you told me what the XS Gnosis are, it eventually dawned on me that Gnosis is like the Gnosis. The Gnosis straddle two planes of existence, this Gnosis is literally in two dimensions at once, same idea, just done differently.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Literally lmao

😋

Now you know why Mira is my favorite island. When you gonna put something like this in Xeno, Monolith? I want to get ambushed by Sundae, the Caramel Coated.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

WHAT

You never left Anuenue, the heroes are descending deeper and deeper into hallucinations induced from smoking Celestial Flowers. 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So appearently this is Namco telling Monolith Soft to shill Tower of Duraga.

Not exactly.

- Speaking of Mira, the Tower of Druaga dungeon really stuck with me.

Yasuyuke Honne [Monolith, director, art director, map designer]: I wanted to have an original dungeon with pixel graphics, so I tried a few things, but I couldn't see how the dungeon wouldn't get cut. But I got Namco's permission to use The Tower of Druaga, so I was able to pull it off.

I can't let you see the entire interview from the BK art book. Got stuff you aren't supposed to know yet mentioned in it.

Now, if we got a BK3, since Nintendo owns them now, could we get an LoZ1 pixel dungeon?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

4/5. Someone give me some final battle music.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When you gonna put something like this in Xeno, Monolith? I want to get ambushed by Sundae, the Caramel Coated.

Yeah, i very much want to see Monolith Soft do that concept but in a grander scale.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not exactly.

- Speaking of Mira, the Tower of Druaga dungeon really stuck with me.

Yasuyuke Honne [Monolith, director, art director, map designer]: I wanted to have an original dungeon with pixel graphics, so I tried a few things, but I couldn't see how the dungeon wouldn't get cut. But I got Namco's permission to use The Tower of Druaga, so I was able to pull it off.

I see.

But it does sound like the only reason it even got in was because they got to use Tower of Druaga.

Anyways it seems there's some puzzle i have to do here. Don't feel like doing it rn so i suppose i'll end the session here.

I'm tempted to see if there is a SRW Impact disc to import... would be a long run, but a fun one. Imagine if FE had a game with 100~ stages to go through...

Playing Smash online with a partner can be exhilarating sometimes. Usually I get people who arent around my skill level, but when I do, boy does it get heated! That feeling of being pushed to the max by the other team, watching your team members back when they are in big trouble, all of it. It just... feels right. 

Too bad it's far and few between. They really need to add an Elite Smash style thing for teams as well. Its dumb that they dont!

Edited by lightcosmo

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I see.

But it does sound like the only reason it even got in was because they got to use Tower of Druaga.

It does sound like it is that way, Namco loves its retro arcade games and often throws a few references into Tales. Or in the case of Star Fox Assault, they included Xevious as an unlockable bonus.

Nonetheless, I found it odd to learn that Monolith was actually the one that wanted it in the first place. Who woulda thunk about including a totally unlike anything else in the game pixel dungeon in the first place? Which might be why Druaga was necessary, it's too out-there otherwise.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways it seems there's some puzzle i have to do here. Don't feel like doing it rn so i suppose i'll end the session here.

If you don't understand what to do.:

Spoiler

Alter the scales in the fountain area to shift the blocks in the entrance room to get the key. And, kill all the slimes to get the treasure chest containing the Golden Pickaxe to show up. You need both to get to the room in the center. 

If a slime hides behind one of the flames, talk to the Golden Hero in the entrance to get the Red Necklace item, which will let you move through the flames. And uh, they forgot to include a save flower in this dungeon, so return to Parnasse to save if you want before heading into the locked room. 😉

Looking real good. And I'm seeing even more obscure Kaiju that haven't really been featured outside of their debut films.

The OP bangs based on the sample in the trailer.

But I will say that Godzilla Ultima (the official name they've given this incarnation) is probably the weirdest Godzilla design we've had, which is saying a lot considering we live in a post-Shin Godzilla world.

IMG_20210309_224551.jpg

This is a new reaction pic.

@Lightchao42 thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or in the case of Star Fox Assault, they included Xevious as an unlockable bonus.

Namco worked on Star Fox Assault? Well, TIL.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And uh, they forgot to include a save flower in this dungeon, so return to Parnasse to save if you want before heading into the locked room. 😉

No, there's a save flower on the left side of the starting room. Unless I can't get there yet.

...I didn't  even realize Seamus was a bounty when I was trying to capture him. :v

And sure, capturing bosses may be a pain, but on the other hand, I have over 30K gold

I am a True Gamer™️

Edited by Robert Stewart

Just now, Armagon said:

No, there's a save flower on the left side of the starting room. Unless I can't get there yet.

I must've forgotten that.😅

Forgive my aged memory.

Just now, Armagon said:

Namco worked on Star Fox Assault? Well, TIL.

It looks like they were the primary developer. Maybe not the best Star Fox game, but as a child I enjoyed it. The Aparoids were a nice little taste of sci-fi with a pinch of scariness. I'd be totally fine if Nintendo handed them the reigns again, with the necessary gameplay improvements. No, "improvements" doesn't mean abolishing the on-ground segments altogether, even if flight/on-rails is preferred, it means making the foot segments better.

24 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

...I didn't  even realize Seamus was a bounty when I was trying to capture him. :v

Seamus is the best of all the waifus!

On 3/9/2021 at 10:31 PM, Benice said:

Seamus is the best of all the waifus!

He does seem pretty funny for a side-chapter boss.

Edited by Robert Stewart

5 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

bws-1615347737.jpg.b5a041868b856c2b62ee5b13cd909fad.jpg

His escape quote is great as well.

EDIT: Wait, did you get the Czenevent?

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

EDIT: Wait, did you get the Czenevent?

Spoiler

The one where she finds the abused horse? Yes.

Also, I didn't realize Faramir only shows up if you hire Faye, so I was surprised when he showed up in the guild after I recruited everyone. :v

I just realized, I think reading weapon stat pages has spoiled what is probably supposed to be a twist in Berwick.

Spoiler

Since magic pages mention what kinds of dragons can use them.

:v

54 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

bws-1615348032.jpg.e9fcd02cd07f7285b290e9423a3cf3a9.jpg

And sure, capturing bosses may be a pain, but on the other hand, I have over 30K gold

Booooo....

2 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

I just realized, I think reading weapon stat pages has spoiled what is probably supposed to be a twist in Berwick.

Reveal hidden contents

Nah, you're good. Berwick doesn't do the "And it was all a dragon!" thing that...Basically every other FE has.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2749.png?width=898&height=432

latest.png

I only played Ch.8 today.

Kaga did it first.

...Kinda. Personality-wise, Richard is... Interesting, to say the least.

bws-1615347737.jpg.b5a041868b856c2b62ee5b13cd909fad.jpg

If you take too long he goes "I grow tired of waiting! I shall end this myself!" ...and he proceeds to run for the hills through the escape point. It's hilarious.

Reveal hidden contents

Don't worry too much about that. It's not as big a spoiler as you might think. As Benice said, Berwick Saga is a truly revolutionary game in that dragons are not relevant.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really. That's only if you want to capture him, because Berwick Saga's capturing system is all RNG, which is a shame. There are a couple of reliable ways to kill him.

The Apeiron and the Lightning orb always seem to succeed when they reduce an injured opponent to 1 HP.

Sadly, injuries themselves are never truly reliable. But it's most certainly possible to tweak the odds heavily in your favor. Arthur with Flourish, which becomes more effective later in the game once he can use Estocs for a double chance. And the Blizzard orb, which can be crafted very early.

The one that's really amazing is the Bolt Knife, though. It has the same 33% injury chance as Flourish and Blizzard. (It might even be a 42% injury chance because of knives having a 9% base chance to cause injury. But I can't confirm the exact math.) But as a knife with a 0% crit chance, it's guaranteed to always only deal minor damage. So it's extremely unlikely any target is going to die before it suffers an injury.

The one from Riddle is easy enough to get. He starts with the Bolt Knife equipped, so you just need to let him attack you and he will unequip it in favor of the Assassin Knife. Then you just steal it.
The one in Adel's map is a bit trickier to get. But I think it's still fairly reliable.
Getting the thief injured is easy enough with Flourish, though it might take a few turns for the skill to recharge. Again, not 100% reliable but he only deals like 2 points of damage with the Shortsword. If you take your time, he can get a few tries. But since he is still a frail thief, he probably won't survive a save cripple with the Apeiron. So the solution is to have Thaddy simply steal the Bolt Knife once the injury forces him to unequip it.

The Bolt Knife can last you for a very long time because for some reason it has a value of just a few hundredth denarii. So a single use of the Repair Stone will bring it back all the way from red.

Edited by BrightBow