Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well...you've lost the best written character in the entire game. No biggie!

But you never lose Eugen! XD

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 176.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahah... Okay, fair enough. Second-best written character.

Much better.

Eugen is pure genius as far as writing goes, he makes you laugh in pretty much any scene he's in! His goofy demeanor is a nice change of pace when things get tense. Or perhaps too slow sometimes, he adds alot when he makes his comments. He isn't just "Runan's subordinate" in every portion either.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Much better.

Eugen is pure genius as far as writing goes, he makes you laugh in pretty much any scene he's in! His goofy demeanor is a nice change of pace when things get tense. Or perhaps too slow sometimes, he adds alot when he makes his comments. He isn't just "Runan's subordinate" in every portion either.

I agree wholeheartedly. Eugen is my favorite character in TRS, and honestly? My favorite advisor guy in all of FE and KagaSaga combined. He has so much personality, he's hilarious, he roasts the entire cast of the game... I also love how the guy's actually horrible at his job. When you need something roasted there's no better man to go to, but all of his tactical advice sucks. It's amazing.

Oh, and he punches one of the main characters. That scene never gets old.

All in all, yeah. Eugen good. The likes of Malledus and Merlinus wish they could carry their scenes on their backs like he does.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Eugen is my favorite character in TRS, and honestly? My favorite advisor guy in all of FE and KagaSaga combined. He has so much personality, he's hilarious, he roasts the entire cast of the game... I also love how the guy's actually horrible at his job. When you need something roasted there's no better man to go to, but all of his tactical advice sucks. It's amazing.

All in all, yeah. Eugen good. The likes of Malledus and Merlinus wish they could carry their scenes on their backs like he does.

Exactly! They did such a great job with him, His interactions with the cast are indeed perfect!

That Scenario... right. Holmes kinda had it  coming to him.

This i can't really say since i don't remember much about them, but maybe that's the point?

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's truly horrifying. This was a game from 2007.

Imagine being a fresh voice actor hired to work on this and this is the final product.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That gives me Awakening PTSD of the game doing it horribly. 

Also, this video is funny. 

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

But you never lose Eugen! XD

Permanently lost that is, instead, he gets cursed by the Gerxel Cult and sent to another dimension, until his soul is liberated from his twisted form.

Spoiler

image.png

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>CS anime adaptation

🍿

Expecting it to be terrible? I don't blame you, adaptations of any game to anime tend to be bad, so I'm told. Usually I consider schadenfreude a lesser sin but still a moral imperfection to an extent, but go ahead.👌

That Scenario... right. Holmes kinda had it  coming to him.

That's what he gets for drinking too much. Since cars hadn't been invented yet in the Middle Ages of Anime, he instead crashed into Eugen's fist.

This i can't really say since i don't remember much about them, but maybe that's the point?

I don't blame you, they're both really boring. I mean, all the advisor types are boring except for Eugen and like, Ward and the FE5 duo.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That gives me Awakening PTSD of the game doing it horribly. 

Hah! Turns out Kaga did it first. Except he did it well. That moment is, like, the best scene in the game.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Permanently lost that is, instead, he gets cursed by the Gerxel Cult and sent to another dimension, until his soul is liberated from his twisted form.

Hide contents

image.png

That must be a brother of Eugen's. Eugen would never be felled by such lowly tricks. He's too amazing for it.

The origami final dungeon track :eargasm:

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Expecting it to be terrible? I don't blame you, adaptations of any game to anime tend to be bad, so I'm told. Usually I consider schadenfreude a lesser sin but still a moral imperfection to an extent, but go ahead.👌

I mean, the source material itself is terrible, so this will be something ayy

Probably so bad it's good territory

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, the source material itself is terrible, so this will be something ayy

Probably so bad it's good territory

The only thing I know that CS stands for is Counter Strike, so I'm imagining an anime adaptation of some kid running around with a funny-colored knife and screaming BLYAT

That'd probably be better than what you're referring to, judging by your tone.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hey why does Calvard have a not-Effiel Towe-

>Remembers how Calvard overthrew their monarchy in the world's past

Ohhhhh, so Calvard is just France: Trails edition.

I do like that Vandham is the oldest protagonist we've had so far. All the previous protagonists when they are introduced are in their teens (how old is Kevin in Sky?) so Van's definitely here to change things up. Always interested to see a JRPG protag who isn't a teen.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, except Agnes, i hate her already as she looks like Alisa 2.0

Looks, but by her description, she's much closer to Elie than Alisa.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eugen is my favorite character in TRS, and honestly? My favorite advisor guy in all of FE and KagaSaga combined. He has so much personality, he's hilarious

Eugen: "this is my flawless strategy"

Marlon: "noooooo you fool, you've activated the enemy's trap card"

Eugen: "hahahahaha.......shit".

55 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>CS anime adaptation

🍿

Oh boy, can't wait for them to skip basically every event just like the last time Trails had an anime.

The only thing I know that CS stands for is Counter Strike, so I'm imagining an anime adaptation of some kid running around with a funny-colored knife and screaming BLYAT

Lmao would watch

That'd probably be better than what you're referring to, judging by your tone.

Everything is

Just now, Armagon said:

Calvard is just France: Trails edition.

Nah more like Murica

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

she's much closer to Elie than Alisa

I don't like Elie, either, least fav. In Xbell.

So a fusion of 2 of my most hated Trails charas, nice...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Eugen: "this is my flawless strategy"

Marlon: "noooooo you fool, you've activated the enemy's trap card"

Eugen: "hahahahaha.......shit".

Yes, that's part of his charm.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I also love how the guy's actually horrible at his job. When you need something roasted there's no better man to go to, but all of his tactical advice sucks. It's amazing.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Everything is

Even Fates Bugquest: Genealogy of the Holy Fanservice?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

don't like Elie, either, least fav. In Xbell.

So a fusion of 2 of my most hated Trails charas, nice

....since when do you hate Elie?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

....since when do you hate Elie?

Never liked her. Not really hate, but i do quite dislike her and find her boring

Since Zero she was my least fav. In Crossbell

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Never liked her. Not really hate, but i do quite dislike her and find her boring

Since Zero she was my least fav. In Crossbell

Yeah, I was just confused because I might've forgotten where you said you didn't like her that much but I don't think you've ever said you've hated one of the Crossbell playables.

You say that, and yet...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/japans_35_best-selling_switch_games_in_the_first_four_years_according_to_famitsu

...nowhere in the Japanese top 35 titles over the past four years. Although. I think this might be purely physical sales, XC2 could be a digital-oriented game, as 3H supposedly is.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You say that, and yet...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/japans_35_best-selling_switch_games_in_the_first_four_years_according_to_famitsu

...nowhere in the Japanese top 35 titles over the past four years. Although. I think this might be purely physical sales, XC2 could be a digital-oriented game, as 3H supposedly is.

It's more like NA physical copies are out of print iirc. And that's not counting the special editions.

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yes

Hoo, boy...

Holy shit that was scary. I'm in chapter 21, and...

Spoiler
O3odomol o

Katrina almost died before giving Samson the brave axe. She dodged exactly enough attacks to just barely survive with 2 HP. I've never seen this happen. These guys are so powerful, but the RNG was determined to screw me over. Thank goodness it didn't happen, I managed to snag a swarm and a nosferatu tome with Maerchen... Would've been a shame to have to set that up again.