• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I want to write at least something before I'm back to work tomorrow... but I really don't feel like it... been like that practically the entire day, so exhausted-feeling...

42 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, congrats! How was it? Easy? Difficult? Curious, since I just did this a bit ago as well, and i had no issues at all.

Didn't take long tbh.

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know...

IS wrote Origami King, right?

Whoever wrote Olivia, get him/her to write the next Female lord. Maybe we will get a likeable one after all...

Well I'd imagine the Paper Mario side of IntSys and the Fire Emblem side of IntSys are different but yeah, I'd love to see that take.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Didn't take long tbh.

Ah, so you must be pretty good at the game, then? I'd like to test that out, sometime! Xd 

Also, any preferences on which to play as?

Edited by lightcosmo

Whoo boy, forest map. I'll do that tomorrow.

Yeah, i know i only played Ch.3 today but in my defense, i did start over now that i got save states going on Mednafen. And i have to jump through some hoops to make ePSXe saves compatible with it so in conclusion, today was the real first play session of TRS.

After i finish this island arc, i'll resume Baten Kaitos to start another island arc in that game haha.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? What do they give, then?

20%, it just didn't feel like it.

So I was listening to Baten Kaitos music when suddenly

Now look, I lack context for this but on it's own, this version of The True Mirror is.....kinda weak. Maybe with context, it's the hypest thing ever but The True Mirror didn't really need to be made slower.

Guess I'll find out whenever I get around to Origins.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

What

The everliving heck

Is Newt

IS HER WEAPON TYPE SHOE?!

Newt is basically Star Platinum but if girl.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

XENOBLADE 2 JUST GIVE ME A CHROMA KATANA PLS I JUST WANNA DO SIDE QUESTS

Y-you just got one tho!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

-you just got one tho!

Huh?

Oh.

Wait, but they showed the symbol for Chroma Katana as being two lances-

Wait, that's just the symbol for Blades, isn't it...

Well, at least I have enough of them now.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Mario and live action were not meant to mix. No kid would watch this.

Hello, my name is No Kid.

I remember that until Mario called Luigi by name, I was convinced that my mom had gotten the wrong movie. Fast forward to like 10 years later, I watched this with a pal at class. We had no sound, obviously, so we watched the entire thing with Youtube's auto-generated subtitles.

It's complete shlock and has nothing to do with Mario, but I find it to be absolutely hilarious. Seriously, Midlife Crisis Mario walking through the desert with a huge winter jacket like it's nobody's business while Prepubescent Luigi is shirtless and struggling is just wonderful.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Why isn't Luigi highlighted if these are supposed to be the characters that matter? This tweet is all wrong.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Whoo boy, forest map. I'll do that tomorrow.

Yeah, i know i only played Ch.3 today but in my defense, i did start over now that i got save states going on Mednafen. And i have to jump through some hoops to make ePSXe saves compatible with it so in conclusion, today was the real first play session of TRS.

Understandable. No rush, no rush. Did you visit the chapter 3 village with Runan?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why isn't Luigi highlighted if these are supposed to be the characters that matter? This tweet is all wrong.

Cause, Luigi is one of the most degenerate characters to fight against/play as. XD

Seriously though. he has a bad rep in Ultimate, sad to say. Awesome character done wrong by the fans.

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Cause, Luigi is one of the most degenerate characters to fight against/play as. XD

Seriously though. he has a bad rep in Ultimate, sad to say. Awesome character done wrong by the fans.

Yeah... I know. It's not unwarranted bad rep, either - having a zero-to-death combo since release is just... What the hell are you doing, devs? Fix Luigi, pretty please?

To be honest, at this point I think they should just rework Luigi entirely for the next Smash. His moveset made sense in the days of Melee, when he didn't have much of a character yet, but at this point between the three Luigi's Mansion games and the Mario & Luigi series, he's been developed enough that he could get a more personalized moveset making more use of his iconic tools. To preserve the current moveset, they could give him a clone like Dr. Mario, who feels like pre-Brawl Mario from what I've seen.

But first, please fix the damn combo.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... I know. It's not unwarranted bad rep, either - having a zero-to-death combo since release is just... What the hell are you doing, devs? Fix Luigi, pretty please?

To be honest, at this point I think they should just rework Luigi entirely for the next Smash. His moveset made sense in the days of Melee, when he didn't have much of a character yet, but at this point between the three Luigi's Mansion games and the Mario & Luigi series, he's been developed enough that he could get a more personalized moveset making more use of his iconic tools. To preserve the current moveset, they could give him a clone like Dr. Mario, who feels like pre-Brawl Mario from what I've seen.

But first, please fix the damn combo.

That's kinda that game in a nutshell, though, so i don't see why people flip out over it. That game generally needs to be fixed, imo.

But yeah, he needs some serious TLC, and quickly. I still don't understand why they don't incorporate more for the guy, either. He has so many possibilities and they blow them, over and over again.

Yeeeesssssssss more movement on Leonie. She's already got as much movement as Sharon, to say nothing of her stats, which completely kick her out of the park. Now give me more. More!

...Spare a point for Billford, though. Right now the guy's worse than Zachariah in every aspect, and that's just... so sad.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's kinda that game in a nutshell, though, so i don't see why people flip out over it. That game generally needs to be fixed, imo.

Hahahah... Well, to be fair, from what I've gathered Luigi's combo is exceptionally easy to perform, compared to other similar combos. Not to mention, it's been there from release day.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But yeah, he needs some serious TLC, and quickly. I still don't understand why they don't incorporate more for the guy, either. He has so many possibilities and they blow them, over and over again.

Just with his Luigi's Mansion gear there's enough potential for a full unique moveset, very easily. Throw in stuff like the hand powers from M&L 1 and Dreamy Luigi from M&L 4, and there are so many possibilities. I really don't understand why they stick to his weird-ass moveset from Melee. If they're worried that people will miss it, just add Mr. L or something and give him the Young Link treatment. It's very easy!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah... Well, to be fair, from what I've gathered Luigi's combo is exceptionally easy to perform, compared to other similar combos. Not to mention, it's been there from release day.

Just with his Luigi's Mansion gear there's enough potential for a full unique moveset, very easily. Throw in stuff like the hand powers from M&L 1 and Dreamy Luigi from M&L 4, and there are so many possibilities. I really don't understand why they stick to his weird-ass moveset from Melee. If they're worried that people will miss it, just add Mr. L or something and give him the Young Link treatment. It's very easy!

Pretty much every combo is easy to perform, but that's an issue to me. It isn't... fulfilling to play on autopilot like you do with most the cast. Same comboes, same approach options, same defensive options... all of the time, cause you don't have any reason not to. To fix those issues, adding some frames to every characters jump squats would suffice, from 3 frames to like 6 or so. Would kill alot of loops as well, which are utter BS.

YES! Mario and Luigi SS moves would be so awesome to see! Electric Hand, please! Using the Knockback Bros or Dunk Bros Team moves in Smash! Would be solo of course, but still pretty wicked.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Pretty much every combo is easy to perform, but that's an issue to me. It isn't... fulfilling to play on autopilot like you do with most the cast. Same comboes, same approach options, same defensive options... all of the time, cause you don't have any reason not to. To fix those issues, adding some frames to every characters jump squats would suffice, from 3 frames to like 6 or so. Would kill alot of loops as well, which are utter BS.

Right... Well, I'll take you at your word there. I've played every Smash game, but only against bots and a couple of friends in a similar position.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

YES! Mario and Luigi SS moves would be so awesome to see! Electric Hand, please! Using the Knockback Bros or Dunk Bros Team moves in Smash! Would be solo of course, but still pretty wicked.

Burn Luigi's butt to charge forward. Make it happen, Sakurai.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... Well, I'll take you at your word there. I've played every Smash game, but only against bots and a couple of friends in a similar position.

Burn Luigi's butt to charge forward. Make it happen, Sakurai.

Well... most of the stuff in Ultimate is not really humanly reactable, which is a problem. the game shouldn't be a roulette, "guess the right option and win!" I think it's 7? frames or more that is the most a human can handle on average. What they have is just making it unfun for most. 

Or turn him into a UFO,  that would be good too!

Also, i'm sorry Ruben, but i don't have Luigi in Elite Smash either... XD