Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Made some more progress with Tsushima and it looks like I'll be finishing Act 1 pretty soon.

Also made some headway with FFXIV. Joined my first group quest. I forgot how much I enjoy MMO gameplay, tbh. Good to get back into it, especially when it's so much content for free.

And on top of that, the MH digital event was hype. Good day for gaming all around, lol.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

wasn’t here that much today because I was having some good time with the family!

Nice. Good to hear.

• Replies 176.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't rant about it because unlike Three Houses, there's nothing about Pokemon that I like. I find it to be a particularly boring series in a genre that I already find generally boring save for a few select games. That's about it. Last time I touched the series was like, two years ago. I played Leaf Green for a friend, got up to Giovanni and never played it again.

Well, I do have one fond memory of Pokemon. When I was like 10 I beat Emerald by soloing the entire game with my starter Gecko because I didn't know how to play. I must've grinded like crazy, because the game bent over backwards with ease, until the league, which was impossible. Then I went to this tower place, captured the legendary dragon and abused it to win. The end.

Oh, and I used hacking tools that I could barely comprehend to spawn pokemons exclusive to the other versions of the game, just so they could sit in my PC and do nothing. Not before I tried using codes to capture a trainer's pokemon, though. That... didn't end so well, I had to scour the internet for a tutorial on how to remove bad eggs. Fun memories, all in all.

This might sound a bit random, but I get the funny feeling you might like a six Smeargle challenge. Its a Pokemon challenge run where as early into the game as you can you hack the game so you can get the six Smeargle you will use for the rest of the run. From then on you can only use the Smeargle in battle (although you can still have HM slaves in your party to progress through the game). All of Smeargles stats are terrible except speed, but what makes the run so interesting is Smeargle's personal move, Sketch. Sketch lets your Smeargle permanently learn the last move an enemy used, and Smeargle learns Sketch again every 10 levels (and Smeargles can't learn any other moves from TMs or level-ups), so it becomes all about finding way to steal moves good enough that your team of terrible painter dogs can overcome their terrible stats with crafty strategies.

26 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

bws-1615259662.png.5dfd5dbfc2e90c2e5eee99e1568ecf0b.png

Excuse me what the fuck

Hes equipped with an assassins dagger, which has 90 hit and 80 crit rate, so be careful for this.

Also, yeah the hiding enemy stats thing is kinda a shocker at first but you get used to it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

TearRing folks, i have an important question

Screenshot_2730.png?width=560&height=432

See, one of the few things i knew about before starting the game is that

Reveal hidden contents

You can recruit Zeek in this chapter but

• He betrays you permanently later
  • Whatever stats he had is what he gets when you fight him ala Radiant Dawn Part 3
  • Kate gets kidnaped because of him and you gotta re-recruit her.

So my question is this: can i just off him here and now and save myself the trouble?

Spoiler

I would reccomend using him as he makes later chapters much more bearable for a first timer, but considering you use save states, I suppose you can do what you want. As to the other part, I'm not sure! Xd

Honestly the whole section from Bowser's Castle until Peach's castle (where i stopped for now) is Full Hype Mode

And i bet Peach's Castle is gonna be full on Hype, as well

Berwick puts you through some pretty nutty stuff later on. And I loved (mostly) every second of it! The only part i didn't like was the Ice Dragon chapter. That was stupid.  

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

See, one of the few things i knew about before starting the game is that

I...

Spoiler

...never tried killing Zeek myself, so I don't know what that would lead to.

He is however the boss on two maps, his absence would be really noticed. Maybe he still shows up somehow.

Kate's temporary absence would be a lot more difficult to explain, considering she goes after him because of the emotional bond made while he is around.

In case Kate still leaves, which happens very late, and her re-recruitment chapter is either the third or second to last, depending who you placed her with. This said, she is in a prison, at least on Runan's side of the final split, I haven't put her with Holmes at that point, the Revenants with her are very weak, she can last for turns on end even at base level. Witches exist, but I don't think they'll warp into her cell. You might still want to train Kate a bit, which shouldn't be an issue at a certain point.

I'd train Sasha, Kate's sole re-recruiter, more, which shouldn't be an issue if you get her to level 10 as a Princess for Paragon. Make sure to talk to Mel with Sasha in Chapter 6 for Sasha's special promotion item, you don't want to miss it, just don't actually use it until Sasha learns Paragon.

56 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nice. Good to hear.

It was nice to experience! 😁 Especially since, as you (probably) know, it didn’t come about from pleasant circumstances.

Edited by Sooks

The Counterattack Smash remix has grown on me although it will never top the original. Which admittedly is a very hard thing to do, the original Counterattack is just so *chef's kiss*.

46 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I would reccomend using him as he makes later chapters much more bearable for a first timer, but considering you use save states, I suppose you can do what you want. As to the other part, I'm not sure! Xd

Yeah, I've been told elsewhere that recruting him does help overall since he's basically Seth. And that

Spoiler

Fighting him is trivial.

But I'm also told that this game isn't really that hard in the first place barring some occasional stupid shit.

Spoiler

Idk, I still haven't decided if I should kill him right now.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I...

Reveal hidden contents

...never tried killing Zeek myself, so I don't know what that would lead to.

He is however the boss on two maps, his absence would be really noticed. Maybe he still shows up somehow.

Kate's temporary absence would be a lot more difficult to explain, considering she goes after him because of the emotional bond made while he is around.

In case Kate still leaves, which happens very late, and her re-recruitment chapter is either the third or second to last, depending who you placed her with. This said, she is in a prison, at least on Runan's side of the final split, I haven't put her with Holmes at that point, the Revenants with her are very weak, she can last for turns on end even at base level. Witches exist, but I don't think they'll warp into her cell. You might still want to train Kate a bit, which shouldn't be an issue at a certain point.

I'd train Sasha, Kate's sole re-recruiter, more, which shouldn't be an issue if you get her to level 10 as a Princess for Paragon. Make sure to talk to Mel with Sasha in Chapter 6 for Sasha's special promotion item, you don't want to miss it, just don't actually use it until Sasha learns Paragon.

Well...

Spoiler

I'd imagine she doesn't go after him if no bond is formed on account of him not being there.

TearRing maps seem bite-sized, at least these early maps. Kinda like Gaiden but with out the copypasting and the "plains with a river straight through the center and one bridge".

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TearRing maps seem bite-sized, at least these early maps. Kinda like Gaiden but with out the copypasting and the "plains with a river straight through the center and one bridge".

So... You don't hate it yet?

I'm kinda surprised, tbh, but glad to hear it!

EDIT: That's a lot more passive-agressive than I intended for it to sound...

Edited by Benice

Screenshot_2733.png?width=559&height=432

I really wish Kaga chose literally any other name because now i'm gonna think that Julia's father is a green alien dwarf.

Anyways the Weltall arc is done i think. Next play sessions will be on Baten Kaitos and Ys Origin for a bit, want to make more progress on those games.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

So... You don't hate it yet?

I'm kinda surprised, tbh, but glad to hear it!

I've been liking it so far. I can definitely say i've enjoyed these first seven chapters more than my entire time playing Genealogy, Thracia and Vestaria combined.

Only real criticism i have so far is that unit rearrangement doesn't exist but it doesn't seem to be as big of an issue like in Thracia. Heck, your units aren't even on the map during the prep screen.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I really wish Kaga chose literally any other name because now i'm gonna think that Julia's father is a green alien dwarf.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok, i have decided to (TRS stuff)

Hide contents

kill Zeek.

Well...you've lost the best written character in the entire game. No biggie!

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You kiddin' me? That's the best name ever!

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've been liking it so far. I can definitely say i've enjoyed these first seven chapters more than my entire time playing Genealogy, Thracia and Vestaria combined.

Only real criticism i have so far is that unit rearrangement doesn't exist but it doesn't seem to be as big of an issue like in Thracia. Heck, your units aren't even on the map during the prep screen.

I am very happy.

Unit rearrangement does exist, though. If you move the units' names on the deployment list, their position changes. Only problem is, you can't see it. You hve to start the map and take note of the units' placement first, then reload.

A bit wonky, but certainly less than, say, Mystery.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well...you've lost the best written character in the entire game. No biggie!

A small price to pay.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You kiddin' me? That's the best name ever!

I didn't say it was a bad name.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unit rearrangement does exist, though. Id you move the units' names on the deployment list, their position changes. Only problem is, you can't see it. You hve to start the map and take note of the units' placement first, then reload.

Yeah I figured that was the case. Although it doesn't appear consistent.

In Ch.7, Bratz was right below Mel on the list yet he showed up behind the gate. Meanwhile, Julia was like two slots below Mel but she shows up in front of the gate.

That said, I haven't been in a situation where I'd go "damn, I wish I could rearrange". With the maps being bite-sized, it's not that big of an issue.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah I figured that was the case. Although it doesn't appear consistent.

In Ch.7, Bratz was right below Mel on the list yet he showed up behind the gate. Meanwhile, Julia was like two slots below Mel but she shows up in front of the gate.

Bratz lol, hahahahaha

Anyway, yeah the order of the list itself isn't consistent, but any movements you make on it are. If you swap Mel with Julia she'll jump to the other side of the map.

Just something to consider, if you ever need it.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bratz lol, hahahahaha

This triggers my PTSD.

And for one reason only: this shovelware game I bought for 1.99.

Spoiler

It's truly horrifying. This was a game from 2007.

...And apparently it's got a 95% approval rating on google. I mean, I can't judge TOO harshly because the game crashed fifteen minutes in every time, but there is literally no doubt in my mind that the game does not go from awful to 95% good.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Auto-correct moment.

I'm gonna call him that from now on tho, it's funny.

Wouldn't be the worst thing he's ever been called. During my LP I called him Juliattisnacordst. You get an imaginary cookie if you can figure out why.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

...And apparently it's got a 95% approval rating on google. I mean, I can't judge TOO harshly because the game crashed fifteen minutes in every time, but there is literally no doubt in my mind that the game does not go from awful to 95% good.

It wouldn't surprise me if some Youtuber played that game and his fans went ahead and dropped a bunch of ironic positive reviews on the game. I remember one time a movie reviewer made a video on a god-awful movie called Love on a Leash. The movie had no reviews on IMDb to begin with, but after that guy posted his video, it got a perfect 10/10 rating and ended up in IMDb's top 100 list for a short time. If I'm not mistaken, the guy got banned from IMDb after that. All in all, hilarious. I imagine something similar must've happened with that game you speak of.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It wouldn't surprise me if some Youtuber played that game and his fans went ahead and dropped a bunch of ironic positive reviews on the game. I remember one time a movie reviewer made a video on a god-awful movie called Love on a Leash. The movie had no reviews on IMDb to begin with, but after that guy posted his video, it got a perfect 10/10 rating and ended up in IMDb's top 100 list for a short time. If I'm not mistaken, the guy got banned from IMDb after that. All in all, hilarious. I imagine something similar must've happened with that game you speak of.

I kinda hope that is the case, cause that gameplay footage looked like it had a lot of hilariously terrible game potential, especially with the right LPer. Not sure if it hits the incredibly high bar of Lucahjin's LP of America's Next Top Model on the Wii, but potential none the less.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/the-legend-of-heroes-kuro-no-kiseki-details-characters-setting-and-battle-system-first-gameplay

I am actually surprised by how... not bad this looks.

Well, except Agnes, i hate her already as she looks like Alisa 2.0

Oh good the japanese Top 20 character list is literal shit

Edited by Shrimperor