Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

POV: you are an enemy unit about to fight a promoted Narron

Yes. This is why you don't pick Narron. Luca is more fun, see.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Does that guy use legendary blades as arrows?

No, he's just an archer that's almost as bad as Luca. Actually, I think the only reason he cannot be called worse in good faith is that he has a horse. Otherwise, Luca at least learns Flurry.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Poor guy isn't even fun to use, since for all the work he just ends up "like Lionheart, but worse". So he is not even bad in a fun or unique way.

There's Lionheart, and then there's Yes, Lord Lionheart!

...Shirou's so forgettable. I think the only notable thing he has is that he's so hilariously shitty that he can only use the worst bow in the game at base. Even Luca can handle an iron bow. Goodness...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

An avatar where the only customization is gender and they never talk is kinda common is all I was saying.

Wait, it is?

...if that's true, then all of FE does avatars super well except for Three Houses. At least compared to the norm. Wow. Now I've seen everything.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Someone didn’t play/watch Crimson Flower.

Not in too much detail, no. Considering all the memes, I'm assuming Rhea still loves the shit outta Byleth even when she's in full "MURDER THE HERETICS" more, but I suppose that could just be the FE fanbase reducing characters to lame memes, as we tend to do.

If that isn't the case, then that just solidifies my opinion that Crimson Flower would've been the best route if it hadn't been rushed to oblivion.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Considering all the memes, I'm assuming Rhea still loves the shit outta Byleth even when she's in full "MURDER THE HERETICS" more, but I suppose that could just be the FE fanbase reducing characters to lame memes, as we tend to do.

Bolded: yes.

Rhea in Crimson Flower wants nothing more than to reduce Byleth to atoms.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now this sounds like a side worth playing.

Too bad no matter which side you pick, you always end up stuck with Byleth for some reason.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bolded: yes.

Good.

Good!

Good, goddamnit! That's what it should always have been, instead of Edelgard being all like "duurrr you were the last person I wanted to fight" in Azure Moon, even though she had like three conversations with Byleth in their entire lives!

Not gonna lie, I wish that the Byleth/enemy lord interactions were more like what Y:LAD did in terms of enemies you know well. Not that I'd expect FE to pull off the level of emotional impact as the last coin locker scene, but still-Something akin to that woulda been neat.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good, goddamnit! That's what it should always have been, instead of Edelgard being all like "duurrr you were the last person I wanted to fight" in Azure Moon, even though she had like three conversations with Byleth in their entire lives!

In relation to those past games with avatars who had a supernatural ability to not only have people like them, but downright submit to them for no reason, I find it important to remember that in FE4 it's heavily suggested from a villager that Julius has that same kind of supernatural charisma.

Oh yeah, I will say that I'm starting to dislike TRS' soundtrack. As far as the map themes go, it has the same problem Binding Blade has but multipled tenfold. Holmes' route is particularly bad with this, his map theme is honestly awful.

There's still 15 chapters to go (haven't started 25 yet) so maybe there's a certified banger in there somewhere but I ain't holding out hope.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, I will say that I'm starting to dislike TRS' soundtrack. As far as the map themes go, it has the same problem Binding Blade has but multipled tenfold. Holmes' route is particularly bad with this, his map theme is honestly awful.

There's still 15 chapters to go (haven't started 25 yet) so maybe there's a certified banger in there somewhere but I ain't holding out hope.

At least Holmes's got his battle theme going for him.

But yeah, this game's soundtrack isn't that great. It's got some nice tracks in it, but it's no Berwick Saga.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbf, to you, nothing is Berwick Saga 😉

We're talking music here. I think Three Houses's soundtrack is pretty good. That should tell you all you need to know about how much my tastes align, when it comes to FE music and FE everything else.

...That being said, yes, nothing is Berwick Saga.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least Holmes's got his battle theme going for him.

Alright, benefit of the doubt because i will admit, i have battle animations turned off for this game. Not really a fan of them.

I will actually dock points if the final map theme is bad.

Just now, Armagon said:

Alright, benefit of the doubt because i will admit, i have battle animations turned off for this game. Not really a fan of them.

Blasphemy. I bet you have those janky-ass Three Houses animations on, too. Shame on you! I look upon you over my shoulder in disdain!

Just now, Armagon said:

I will actually dock points if the final map theme is bad.

Player phase:

Enemy phase:

Best thing modern FE did is removing Battle/PP/EP music change.

Yeah Kaga first with Berwick, but he still had normal battle music there, not to mention game doesn't have traditional phases

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Best thing modern FE did is removing Battle/PP/EP music change.

Yeah Kaga first with Berwick, but he still had normal battle music there, not to mention game doesn't have traditional phases

That's a very good point in favor of no animations, actually. No animations means battles don't interrupt those glorious map themes. You don't have to hear "PWAPWAPWAPWAPWAPWAAAAWAAAAA PWAPWAPWAPWAPWAPWAAAWAAAA" all the time. Heck, I like the Berwick Saga battle theme, but the same theme for the entire game gets way tiresome. On the other hand, I love those animations too much, so... Meh.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a very good point in favor of no animations, actually. No animations means battles don't interrupt those glorious map themes. You don't have to hear "PWAPWAPWAPWAPWAPWAAAAWAAAAA PWAPWAPWAPWAPWAPWAAAWAAAA" all the time. Heck, I like the Berwick Saga battle theme, but the same theme for the entire game gets way tiresome. On the other hand, I love those animations too much, so... Meh.

I ended up playing most of Berwick with the 'some' animation option.

As much as i love PWAPWAPWAPWAPWAPWAAAAWAAAAA PWAPWAPWAPWAPWAPWAAAWAAAA, i couldn't keep listening to it the whole game haha.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, I like the Berwick Saga battle theme, but the same theme for the entire game gets way tiresome. On the other hand, I love those animations too much, so... Meh.

I would always have animations on if they didn't interrupt my Clouds of War jam sessions 😠

Seriously, c'mon, Kaga, why'd you let that happen?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I ended up playing most of Berwick with the 'some' animation option.

As much as i love PWAPWAPWAPWAPWAPWAAAAWAAAAA PWAPWAPWAPWAPWAPWAAAWAAAA, i couldn't keep listening to it the whole game haha.

Yeah, same. I think the game would've benefitted from multiple battle themes a ton. Or at least an option to turn off the battle music while keeping animations on. Oh, well.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

I would always have animations on if they didn't interrupt my Clouds of War jam sessions 😠

Seriously, c'mon, Kaga, why'd you let that happen?

Yeah, exactly! Turning off animations just goes against my nature, I'm afraid. I love those little sprites.