Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

You never have Ike.

Again, this is selling me how?

Ike'a alright in Smash, more than I've found Roy so far.

Just now, Dayni said:

Again, this is selling me how?

You don't have to deal with part 3's Ike sections, which are generally just long rout maps.

...Or a rout map with almost 90 enemies in part 4.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I kinda do, not gonna lie.

Because I love three houses right? xzDCPoZ.jpg
I’ve played all the gba titles, fe1 and fe4.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Only reason he was ever looked down upon was that in the early days the FE community had no idea how to play FE.

Facts.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, it is SDatBoL. If you can work out the profile issue, it could be an option if you want it. I don't know how easy it'd be for me to try and offer, though not impossible because I could pretend mine was based over in Mexico (As all Switches can do. Pretend it's in another country)

Oh, I'm aware. That's one of the best things consoles have allow one to do. That's how I got the PSX SRW games on my PS3, after all. XD And what I plan to do to get the SRW VTX trilogy on Switch.

Well, if I can't get my cousin to let me do it...

Just now, Benice said:

You don't have to deal with part 3's Ike sections, which are generally just long rout maps.

...Or a rout map with almost 90 enemies in part 4.

Sorry, my response kinda built up larger than I anticipated. I am focusing on just the GM maps in Part 3.

There's at least a bit more going on in maps like 3-P 3-3, 3-5, 3-7 3-10 or even the atmosphere of 3-F. The main issues I have with Part 3 maps are the other gimmicks rather than rout maps. Take 3-4, where you have to get Ike and Ranulf across the map, ending up essentially being rout because of map design that forces cavs off your roster.

That's not even to mention there's only three actual rout maps in Part 3 (3-12 and 3-F aren't rout maps for obvious reasons), one having a time limit and in the dark, one having an allied army to rush to aid and the third.... no, I'm not defending 3-8. The real issue is that more than a few of the other maps are designed that they effectively are rout maps.

Ah 4-4, I actually like that map. It's certainly not 4-3.

Just now, Benice said:

I...I liked 4-3, though...

Honestly after playing it I asked myself if I genuinely thought it was worse than BB14.

It is because of unit movement and how RD fucked it up. I had all the mages and fliers I could there and I still asked myself that question.

That is the mark of a map with a fundamental issue to my mind.

18 minutes ago, Spara said:

I've found something even better than Armor Dancer Lord, or Double Dancer Lord...

Reveal hidden contents

This is definitely Kaga's "fuck it, i'm retired, i can do whatever i want" moment.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

You don't have to deal with part 3's Ike sections, which are generally just long rout maps

What game did you play in which Part 3 was mostly rout?

Admittedly, 4-3 was only fun because I had 11 move Aran stomping everybody.

....How?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

What game did you play in which Part 3 was mostly rout?

A game where it was generally a "kill boss" map in which the boss was at the other end of the map, behind a ton of enemies.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

....How?

Celerity+Boots + new hand moves= DAB

Edited by Benice

A game where it was generally a "kill boss" map in which the boss was at the other end of the map, behind a ton of enemies.

That still doesn't make it rout.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They specifically said

The alternative situation would be

Spoiler

that when Melodia attacked Mintaka, Lyude's siblings were two of the victims. Or they themselves became two of those dual sword-wielding monsters, the game says they're corrupted imperial soldiers.

But yeah this is dropped badly, not exactly unlike old Rico's unfinished character arc in terms of lack of quality.

This reminds me, knowing why Lyude was exiled to Diadem, makes the scene back at the Celestial Tree where you fought Savyna slight more understandable.

It was Lyude who pointed his gun and the accusation in the first place. He wasn't do it because of an IQ drop, he probably knew the Imperial Special Forces were involved in Operation Sweep, and because they were willing to murder innocents, he believed being backstabbers was in their portfolio. He didn't lose brain cells, he was acting on emotion -unwilling to consider anyone possibly in the special forces as capable of being a good person.

This stated, Xelha and Gibari did lose brain cells. It should've been Kalas the Real Traitor Wanting to Stir Suspicion of the Others & Lyude arguing against Xelha and Gibari as to whether to accept Savyna as a good person or not. Then we could've actually gotten a real choice on whether or not to skip the fight based on which side we the Guardian Spirit take as the 5th tiebreaker vote.

-I'm not calling these scene good in the moment, I'm just saying it is slightly less bad after the fact.

And about the scene with Larikush before the Alps

Spoiler

The forgotten language which "Kalas" comes from, is none other than Japanese.🇯🇵

Usually, it's transliterated into English as "Karasu", but the localizers must've felt the "u" was too Engrish for the name of someone who isn't actually Japanese. The L instead of an R is purely stylistic here, given Japanese uses an "rl" syllable, so Karas and Kalas in this case are both valid, considering this word isn't English in the first place. It's not like he was named "Glass" and the localizers turned it to "Grass".

Either way, I prefer it to the alternative of renaming him "Raven".

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That still doesn't make it rout.

If you have to defeat every enemy to get to the boss, it basically is.

Although my biggest problem with part 3 is the fact that most of your units are way more powerful for the enemies.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

f you have to defeat every enemy to get to the boss, it basically is.

I mean, the option to end it by killing the boss is there. Therefore, it's not a rout map, in neither name nor essence.

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Laguz and  Beord - Route with Turn limit.

Incandescent Glow

The Heart of Crimea

And that's it.

3 Rout maps, only the Heart of Crimea is 'long'.

3-E is a narrative map and not rout

And i never routed on any of the boss maps you mentioned. RD i generally played fast. If you had to rout, then sorry, that's on you

Edited by Shrimperor

Wait, let me check...

Ah, let's see. Okay, in SRW D, the Proto Garland (MC) has 8 base Mov. Shogo has Accelerate, giving it potentially +3 a turn. The mecha has 4 Conformal slots, so you can put up to 4 of either Mega Boosters or Minovsky Drives (+2 each). Then upgrading it to max you can give it the +2 Mov Full Upgrade Bonus. Which means you can have the Proto Garland (MC) with up to... 21 Mov.

Weeeeeeeeee...!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Which means you can have the Proto Garland (MC) with up to... 21 Mov.

3H ain't got shit.

But wait, there's more! It's Laser Orb Gun attack has 1-4 range, so that's 25 effective range.

Edited by Acacia Sgt