Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’ve only heard of some archer, I think it was 3-something. I forget what’s special about them though.

The 3-13 archer. Supposedly does a lot to help out in 3-13, but eh. I never saw anything like that, lol.

3-13 halberdiers though? MVPs.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

3-13 halberdiers amirite?

3-13 archer too. Definitely cleared up some of the Laguz, as opposed to the walling the halberdiers did.

Unlike the general who let Ike climb the ledge and nearly kill Volug.

On that subject, I remember one playthrough where one of the lowe-right corner generals managed to brave the enemies of the southeast corner and managed to survive... on his own! Unfortunately, due to how I had set the Other AI, he got too close to Ike, so when Turn 12 rolled by... RIP

Edited by Acacia Sgt

ALSO, I remember years ago once reading a fanfic about the 3-13 Archer, haha.

It ended tragically, because thanks to Sephiran, he became the Double Bow Sniper of 4-E-1...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Had FE become what it is now, he'd have been our Gatekeeper before Gatekeeper...

Exactly.

Although, it depends on it being on video and spreading a whole lot. It was a miraculous RNG case, whereas the glorified entrance guard is always present in all playthroughs and doesn't require RNG to meme.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It ended tragically, because thanks to Sephiran, he became the Double Bow Sniper of 4-E-1...

When a promotion bites you in the arse.😆

Well this is a bit akward moment for my ironman... apparently if Finn is dead before chapter 9, he can't tell Leif about seeing Altenna in the chapter opening, thus he can't talk to her, so I guess I can't recruit her...oof....that means I am going to have to deal with Arion in endgame...

Also funny little addition, Lief seems to imply he knows who she is in their battle quote anyway...

Am I the only one that finds three houses’ demonic beasts rather annoying? It was cool the first time as the point was to focus all your strength on it but they just get so old so quickly, and become very tedious to deal with because of how many units it takes...

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

think this is true of a bunch of RD maps throughout the game. Without it, I wouldn't love 3-3 as much as I do, it's one of those rare moments of FE map near-perfection for me. Might not be the hardest of maps, nor the most strategic, but everything else about it melds so well together.

Yeah, 3-3 is such a good map as well.

In general, I'd say Parts 2-3 contributed the most to me ranking RD at the top.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hmm...

• Mario's 35th anniversary "ends" on March 31st
  • Godzilla vs. Kong is also releasing on March 31st
  • Mario first appeared in the game Donkey Kong

"I was here at the beginning, and I shall proclaim the end." -(Donkey) Kong

>Sees your new icon

IMG_20200327_181726.jpg

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Part 3-P: bad NPC luck can get you a game over you have no control over...

You would have to have atrociously bad luck for this to happen.

Part 3-2: Not the worst swamp map, but its still a swamp map with enemy wyvern and siege tome....

Mia Wyvrmslayer

Part 3-11: Unless you look up a guide the pits become annoying

It's at this part where I say I'm definitely the only one who did not mind the pits. Both in PoR and RD.

But that's because I was save stating in the former and battle saving in the latter.

The rest of your criticisms, I guess is fair. Although the stuff about "enemy playable units wasting your items" hardly happened to me since you never need to engage them outside of 3-E.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

that's a feature though. We need more stuff like that to make horse domination less of a problem. 

Agreed.

Besides, on 3-4, your horses just can't go on the last stretch. For 3-7 (right?), it's a survive map. So it's not like you actually needed horses.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I could not, I was playing it on a homebrewed Wii.

And I was playing on Wii U with a legitimate copy.

I do have the screenshots taken from my phone, maybe I'll reupload later.

Just now, Sooks said:

Am I the only one that finds three houses’ demonic beasts rather annoying? It was cool the first time as the point was to focus all your strength on it but they just get so old so quickly, and become very tedious to deal with because of how many units it takes...

I actually really don't like the beasts either.

Mechanically, they make sense but man, they're just not fun and a map full of them is a very easy way to make me roll my eyes.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Agreed.

I missed this part, but I'd rather see horses nerfed by making the horses die and purchaseable (Like how Berwick did it) rather than simply making their stats worse.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Depended on the context for me. Some of them were really annoying, (especially in high volume as in Marianne's paralogue) but most of the time I just ignored them and went for the bess.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

just ignored them

Did we play the same maddening?

The most annoying ones are the golems and the titanus...es? because they take absolutely FOREVER. The idea of them on maddening is already bleh...

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Not as atrocious as you would think, Shrimir is plenty killable while untransformed, and he will untransform during that battle...

This never came close to happening for me.

You are literally given two ballista to help out the other side.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

but I'd rather see horses nerfed by making the horses die and purchaseable (Like how Berwick did it)

No.

If there's one thing I legitimately do not like about Berwick, it's horses having their own HP and having to buy new ones when they die. You can't even see how much HP they have, at least during battle, which is a big no no.

Just now, Armagon said:

If there's one thing I legitimately do not like about Berwick, it's horses having their own HP and having to buy new ones when they die. You can't even see how much HP they have, at least during battle, which is a big no no.

There is a HP bar. It's the yellow one under the HP of the character riding it.

It took me years before I even saw it though.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The most annoying ones are the golems and the titanus...es? because they take absolutely FOREVER. The idea of them on maddening is already bleh...

Yeah, the Titanius is pretty rough, but I found them manageable by that point.

I don't want to imagine the advanced golems though.

Reminds me when I wanted to do something similar for that RP/Game idea I still have mostly unfinished.

Went for a compromise. They're equip-able, but no fear of permanently losing them or something like that...

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can't even see how much HP they have, at least during battle, which is a big no no.

You can, though. They have their own health bars that scale the same way a playable character's does.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

titanus

SPEAKN'T THE CURSED WORD

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

There is a HP bar. It's the yellow one under the HP of the character riding it.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

You can, though.

Oh. 

Well still, my point stands. I don't need to see Fire Emblem become Story of Seasons. 

Well still, my point stands. I don't need to see Fire Emblem become Story of Seasons. 

Wait for Genealogy's remake.

So that we can cavalry classes without making them pointless. Besides, FE is already heavily leaning into life sim, having horses and stuff die wouldn't be amiss. (Characters could even get prf horses in this way.)

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait for Genealogy's remake.

Oh no.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

(Characters could even get prf horses in this way.)

Pls no.

Also it's a matter of funds as well. I don't need another thing to spend money on when Fire Emblem's economy is usually kinda....inflated already.

And as far as the life-sim aspect goes......eh, romancing can be in anything tbh.

Speaking of my ironman, turn 6 of chapter 9 (419 overall), and Luthecia is captured. As seen above, Finn's earlier death has had a bit of a disastrous cascade which kept me from recruiting Altenna, but I am still can get Hannible, so I guess there is that consolation prize, although I am surprised he hasn't gone back for more troops already, as I have wiped out his squad, and he is still pressing the attack...

Spoiler

Seliph       Lv 28.80  HP 66  STR 25  MAG 10  SKL 22  SPD 19  LCK 19  DEF 21  RES 08

Ulster       Lv 18.29  HP 53  STR 22  MAG 01  SKL 19  SPD 24  LCK 17  DEF 17  RES 00

Larcei       Lv 19.51  HP 51  STR 22  MAG 00  SKL 22  SPD 17  LCK 21  DEF 12  RES 00

Lana         Lv 22.76  HP 55  STR 07  MAG 27  SKL 16  SPD 22  LCK 26  DEF 13  RES 10

Dermott   Lv 12.54  HP 41  STR 21  MAG 01  SKL 09  SPD 10  LCK 04  DEF 17  RES 01

Lester      Lv 17.31  HP 46  STR 09  MAG 10  SKL 10  SPD 21  LCK 24  DEF 12  RES 00

Oifey        Lv 24.24  HP 49  STR 20  MAG 10  SKL 22  SPD 16  LCK 10  DEF 19  RES 09

Julia         Lv 23.67  HP 43  STR 04  MAG 30  SKL 19  SPD 29  LCK 10  DEF 04  RES 26

Arthur       Lv 26.42  HP 65  STR 18  MAG 15  SKL 22  SPD 18  LCK 21  DEF 20  RES 10

Johalvier  Lv 16.56  HP 47  STR 18  MAG 00  SKL 10  SPD 16  LCK 06  DEF 17  RES 01

Lief            Lv 23.29  HP 55  STR 27  MAG 09  SKL 24  SPD 26  LCK 13  DEF 25  RES 11

Nanna       Lv 17.29  HP 43  STR 16  MAG 03  SKL 09  SPD 15  LCK 14  DEF 10  RES 06

Shanan     Lv 20.68  HP 48  STR 20  MAG 00  SKL 29  SPD 26  LCK 11  DEF 16  RES 04

Patty         Lv 15.12  HP 54  STR 13  MAG 02  SKL 18  SPD 16  LCK 16  DEF 10  RES 01

Tinni         Lv 21.56  HP 52  STR 09  MAG 16  SKL 24  SPD 27  LCK 21  DEF 20  RES 14

Lene         Lv 10.40  HP 35  STR 04  MAG 04  SKL 07  SPD 15  LCK 11  DEF 03  RES 06

Faval        Lv 17.00  HP 59  STR 19  MAG 01  SKL 25  SPD 18  LCK 18  DEF 13  RES 01

Ced          Lv 21.30  HP 46  STR 06  MAG 16  SKL 24  SPD 24  LCK 19  DEF 10  RES 13