Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Considering just how expansive the soundtrack of Vestaria Saga is, I do have to wonder if it was really needed to use any of the stock tracks.

Maybe sometimes you would have to fit a square peg in a round hole, but there is something to be said about having your own musical identity.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw

Athol has more balls than Cylthan, just sayin.

While that pompus ass was in the back, just was right in the middle of it all healing like a champ

The next chapter i believe is a very cool Hoelyn/Athol chapter. You'll see what I mean.

Well, I'm assuming it's the next chapter anyway.

Alright, as I promised: ZA WARUDO, circa 1900 AD.

Starting with, the Motherland:

ePltk3h.png

Would 1821 again.

Also controlling Cuba and La Española. Relations with Spain are quite chill now, otherwise I would've taken Puerto Rico at some point. To be fair, I took Cuba when they wrestled free, so I kinda swooped in.

And, oh, I guess the US's in the picture too. They be doing their own thing, without access to the Pacific, failing to force Japan to open, the Civil War avoided since a Jacobin revolt stormed the capital and forced them to abolish slavery...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The next chapter i believe is a very cool Hoelyn/Athol chapter. You'll see what I mean.

And hey, we are going to use a stock map theme for player phase this time.

No wait, wrong map. This is still off.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Considering just how expansive the soundtrack of Vestaria Saga is, I do have to wonder if it was really needed to use any of the stock tracks.

Maybe sometimes you would have to fit a square peg in a round hole, but there is something to be said about having your own musical identity.

Yeah, there are several tracks in the OST that go entirely unused in VS1, like Remembrance, or only play once, like Swordsman of the Mainland. Not to mention several unlisted tracks that are in HSoS.

Also, Shrimpy, did you see Baymonk?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's Chapter 10. Chapter 9 is playable Cyltan and Ma'aya's dad.

Also, it plays Boreal Winds as the map theme. Damn good choice by the game.

It only comes now to my attention that, having done the decision to impose the Second Empire in the 1840's... I basically had Emperor Maximilian... when he was barely ten years old. Pft, hahaha...

And now here we are, turning almost 70 and having turned Mexico into a Great Power.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

He dared to approach Troy with that 1/2 damage lance

He got Triple threat'd in the face

Sounds about right. Baymonk is canonically a bit of a total dumbass. 

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The one with the blinking blocks,and the one where you have to climb a super tall building

No way, really?? Those two were some of the easiest in this level for me!

I kept picking the worst paths. Those are the main ones that gave me some trouble, from what I recall.

The signs literally point you to the best path though.

Edited by Sooks

Upper half of North America:

bOEUd84.png

So mostly just Canada. Having the Oregon Country thanks to my efforts. Since I forced the US to release their Columbia cores after the Mexican-American War. The Dominion be climbing the ranks. It's in the upper echelon of the Secondary Powers. Could it actually turn into a Great Power itself, shedding its Dominion status? Who knows!

Barely in the picture, Mexican Alaska on one side, and Danish Greenland on the other.

Most of South America:

71CPrmf.png

Not much changes here. Outside the obvious Peru-Bolivia surviving and becoming the Andine Federation. Still lost the Araucania to Chile so even in this timeline Bolivia has no coastline. Only on technicality since its merged with Peru.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

That's Chapter 10. Chapter 9 is playable Cyltan and Ma'aya's dad.

Ah yeah.

Word of advice @Shrimperor since this one confused me: don't bother taking on the boss until after you've gotten the bow from talking to Cyltan, because you will not be able to land a hit otherwise.

Also, the map suddenly switches to Escape after seizing the big hut, this actually caught me off guard and I had to reload an earlier save.

Oh yeah, invisible enemies start showing up here.

Also, at some point Brazil became a republic. I missed how. Bummer. That leaves only Mexico, Canada, and Trinidad as the only monarchies. Yes, Trinidad & Tobago exists, since there's cores for it and Britain released them when it needed to free up Colonial Points. Happened decades ago.

Only a few years ago Sweden gave Saint Barth to France, and Denmark still holds Saint Thomas.

Southern Cone:

esa8UsX.png

Practically OTL. Yes, Tierra del Fuego isn't divided, but the decision for it still isn't unlocked. Same for that piece of Brazil still in Colombian hands in the previous picture.

And the level is done with Peach! Woo!

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, at some point Brazil became a republic. I missed how. Bummer. That leaves only Mexico, Canada, and Trinidad as the only monarchies. Yes, Trinidad & Tobago exists, since there's cores for it and Britain released them when it needed to free up Colonial Points. Happened decades ago.

Does their form of government matter from your end of things?

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah yeah.

Word of advice @Shrimperor since this one confused me: don't bother taking on the boss until after you've gotten the bow from talking to Cyltan, because you will not be able to land a hit otherwise.

Although who needs 100% hit bows when you have 1 RNG and Zayid's pref?

...had to do it that way too, because I figured I could get away with wrecking the tent of someone who already attacked me. Turns out, I can not.

Though if you only destroy that tent, Ma'aya's dad won't swear vengeance and remain stationary. Of course the actual problem is still the boss.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Sooks said:

Does their form of government matter from your end of things?

Only that the fact their ruling party can change means I can be barred from investing on infrastructure in their country. Not that it was different since they were a Constitutional Monarchy before, which also holds elections and thus the party can change.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Though if you only destroy that tent, the gryphons will stay stationary. Of course the actual problem is still the boss.

Doesn't Ma'aya get locked out of recruitment if you destory any tent on this map?

Just now, Armagon said:

Doesn't Ma'aya get locked out of recruitment if you destory any tent on this map?

Oh, absolutely. No 33% discounts for me.

...or even 25% since I wasn't aware I could just promote Cezar without getting him to level 10.