• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Hmm, so how do we make it obvious that Marth is related to Chrom?"

"Oh, I know. Maybe they should fight in a similar way, so that when Chrom asks "Marth" who taught him to fight, the player can put two-and-two together!"

"Brilliant! But how do we go about that? Do we give them a sort of signature move?"

"Sure. Just make them turn into a wheel mid-air. That'll be subtle enough."

I love how those low level scrubs are already doing those crazy acrobatics. You would have to assume late game grunts are all planet busters, given how high their numbers are by comparison.

Remember back when Ike was a low level scrub and his dad beat the crap out of him with a stick?

Edited by BrightBow

I take back what i said earlier ''this feels like Berwick but with squares''

the further i go on the more it feels like Berwick Alpha or something, or a stepping stone between Thracia and Berwick....

while falling in both their traps

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let him grow out of his rut, damnit!

Maybe when he becomes more useful than Roy on a horse XD

Even Hoe is more useful than him, she atleast is fast af

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:
Spoiler

"Marth" being Chrom's daughter from the future doesn't explain any of that random nonsense.

I never said it does. Because it doesn’t.

You should spoiler tag that, though. Pleas.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

O O F Kellam got crit.

Well, him I do care about, so it's reset time.

Wow, Ruben cares about an Awakening character that isn’t a woman who can beat him up!? The stars are out of alignment, Armagon will like something new about a Kaga game.

Edited by Sooks

Sadly his pref isn't that great by the standards of this game. I mean, just look at the Justicia and the Edelstern for comparison.

Btw, did you get Dune's pref bow?

Edited by BrightBow

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Hmm, so how do we make it obvious that Marth is related to Chrom?"

"Oh, I know. Maybe they should fight in a similar way, so that when Chrom asks "Marth" who taught him to fight, the player can put two-and-two together!"

"Brilliant! But how do we go about that? Do we give them a sort of signature move?"

"Sure. Just make them turn into a wheel mid-air. That'll be subtle enough."

Similar fighting styles isn't exactly an unreasonable clue to the player that there's a relation there.

Okay, if anyone is curious on this recent debacle, I'll put it in spoiler tags so Rubeino doesn't see accidentally.

Spoiler

Chrom and Lucina's C support stresses how much Lucina wants to learn swordsmanship from Chrom himself. And wants to have sparring sessions with him.

It stands to reason she wanted to have that fight with her father, since she was too young when Chrom died, thus never got the chance. So, knowing Chrom traveled to Regna Ferox to seek their aid and had to fight in the Khan's competition, she went there, fought to become Basilio's champion since Chrom was Flavia's (in the original timeline, Chrom had to fight Lon'qu, who in this timeline lost to Lucina because he found out she was a woman and thus his fear kicked in, giving Lucina the chance to win.). Thus, she gets to have that fight against her father.

So it's part "must secure/change the future", part "I want to do this selfish thing".

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe when he becomes more useful than Roy on a horse XD

Even Hoe is more useful than him, she atleast is fast af

Okay, first of all, don't call her Hoe, please.

Second of all, really? It felt the exact opposite to me. As much as I wanted Hoelun to be better than him, he was just way better, and the gap only got broader with each level.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You should spoiler tag that, though. Pleas.

If you're worried about me, no worries. I did know about that particular point already.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, Ruben cares about an Awakening character that isn’t a woman who can beat him up!? The stars are out of alignment, Armagon will like something new about a Kaga game.

They are perfectly aligned, it's Kellam. Kellam is perfectly within my character.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Similar fighting styles isn't exactly an unreasonable clue to the player that there's a relation there.

No no, I'm not complaining about that. That's a perfectly reasonable thing.

The thing that I find rather funny is how they're just... sort of turning into wheels mid-air. It's so blatant lol

Okay, I have given the game enough criticisms. Allow me to pay it a compliment now: Flavia. There is nothing for me to complain about Flavia whatsoever.

Cyltan should really have been stronger, though. Or at least his weapon should have been. That way you wouldn't risk getting soft-locked without Dune.

Well, there is still the failsafe bow. But you are not gonna find that one unless you read up how to get it.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, if anyone is curious on this recent debacle, I'll put it in spoiler tags so Rubeino doesn't see accidentally.

Hide contents

Chrom and Lucina's C support stresses how much Lucina wants to learn swordsmanship from Chrom himself. And wants to have sparring sessions with him.

It stands to reason she wanted to have that fight with her father, since she was too young when Chrom died, thus never got the chance. So, knowing Chrom traveled to Regna Ferox to seek their aid and had to fight in the Khan's competition, she went there, fought to become Basilio's champion since Chrom was Flavia's (in the original timeline, Chrom had to fight Lon'qu, who in this timeline lost to Lucina because he found out she was a woman and thus his fear kicked in, giving Lucina the chance to win.). Thus, she gets to have that fight against her father.

So it's part "must secure/change the future", part "I want to do this selfish thing".

Yeah. This exactly.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No no, I'm not complaining about that. That's a perfectly reasonable thing.

The thing that I find rather funny is how they're just... sort of turning into wheels mid-air. It's so blatant lol

Oh, I see.

Okay, I have given the game enough criticisms. Allow me to pay it a compliment now: Flavia. There is nothing for me to complain about Flavia whatsoever.

She's rather underrated as a character, IMO.

"Milrod? Milady? If this fascinating discussion is over, we'd best return home."

That line from Frederick reminded me of the similar one Ward had when he interrupted Vester and Vanmilion accusing each other of being terrible with women. Awakening has succeeded in reminding me of Berwick, therefore it earns a point.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I hope I get to recruit her, she's super badass.

Well, besides the fact that she tricked nobles of an adjacent kingdom into risking their lives for her to grab power by making them believe her "competition" would not be willing to help against Plegia, even though he is totally on board with it and she should know that because Plegia is already attacking their borders and we are clearly not expected to believe that Basillos is the kind of shithead who would ignore that kind of thing.

That line from Frederick reminded me of the similar one Ward had when he interrupted Vester and Vanmilion accusing each other of being terrible with women. Awakening has succeeded in reminding me of Berwick, therefore it earns a poin

inb4 high tier

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Basically, it's not silver spoon fed to you the info. You just have to use your brain a little with the info you're given.

Aka, making a lot of assumptions based on throwaway lines from random support conversations from an overbloated support system that probably were written by random interns.

Edited by BrightBow

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope it’s fun!

I got past the part i got soft-locked in (turns out i could've just killed enemies to replace my missiles) so it's going good so far haha.

45 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

9JwpMfw.png

lmao

Hey look, it's Joseph Joestar.

21 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You can't just decide to enjoy things that are awful.

DsDh8ALXcAAnqAD.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

the further i go on the more it feels like Berwick Alpha or something, or a stepping stone between Thracia and Berwick....

while falling in both their traps

Half of that can be blamed on barebones SRPG Studio.

For all of Vestaria's faults, i do have to remind myself that this was made on what is essentially a basic level editor at the time.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The stars are out of alignment, Armagon will like something new about a Kaga game.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think it's hilarious how Vestaria doesn't have a dancing animation so Lyttia's "dance" is actually her just whipping someone to give them an extra turn.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, first of all, don't call her Hoe, please.

Sorry.

Allow me to pay it a compliment now: Flavia. There is nothing for me to complain about Flavia whatsoever.

100% within my expectations.

I hope I get to recruit her, she's super badass.

She comes in late but yes.

If you're worried about me, no worries. I did know about that particular point already.

Oh well that’s good I guess.

She can beat you up.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It would help if she wasn’t an avatar sexual who’s recruitment came randomly and super late.

Flavia: "I don't have absolute power, therefore I cannot help you in the slightest."

Basilio: "I lost absolute power because of you guys, anyway you guys are awesome, here you can take my old champion with you to help you."

You know, somehow I think Flavia duped us.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Half of that can be blamed on barebones SRPG Studio.

For all of Vestaria's faults, i do have to remind myself that this was made on what is essentially a basic level editor at the time.

By a retired old man, no less.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It would help if she wasn’t an avatar sexual who’s recruitment came randomly and super late.

I'll take her still.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

That's a plus though.

Yes, that's what he was saying.

Edited by Saint Rubenio