Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I noticed things not only could get better, but actually were better.

Yeah. I played Jugdral games before gba (FE4 was my 2nd FE, FE5 my fifth one i think), and seeing how a massive downgrade gba was was a bruh moment

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sooks got bonked? This is an interesting teehee timeline.

We’re in the poorly written timeline.

But I mean, Lucina’s design is S tier.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m waiting for the beyond to gift me with the means to play Berwick.

Instead of playing Berwick, you can play TMS.

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, as a Spanish speaker, it's always something having to read Kaga's name...

Is it because Kaga's name is very close to the Spanish word "caca" which means poo?

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ruben is just wondering how exactly did this mess "save the series".

It's called marketing and also availability. 

For real tho, Nintendo actually gave a shit when it came to telling people that Fire Emblem Awakening was coming out for the Nintendo 3DS. 

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, is there a time limit on paralogues? Because I don't really feel like picking up Anna right now.

Nah, they're there forever.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is it because Kaga's name is very close to the Spanish word "caca" which means poo?

Close. "Caga" to be more exact. Pronounced the same pretty much. Which goes from being the crass verb form, to some other similar meanings depending on the slang.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Instead of playing Berwick, you can play TMS.

TMS... TMS... doesn’t ring any bells.

I learned a Spanish word today. Not the best word, but here is my word.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So 20th place of 27...

Did you get ranked that low in Vic II?

How?

Just now, Dayni said:

Did you get ranked that low in Vic II?

How?

Was making a joke that Lucina being S tier means being in 20th place of 27. Which is another joke since I'm counting Ñ.

Just poking fun at the fact S goes before A in these kind of rankings... for some reason.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Was making a joke that Lucina being S tier means being in 20th place of 27. Which is another joke since I'm counting Ñ.

Just poking fun at the fact S goes before A in these kind of rankings... for some reason.

Ah.

I never got why that was a thing either. I mean more in the sense of where it started, it's not hard to see how it'd be extrapolated as a Superior rank.

You know, I'm actually surprised Fire Emblem made it that far before Nintendo was like "hey IntSys, this next game gotta make bank or we're shifting it down" because Fire Emblem has had some questionable release timings.

FE2 came out on the NES two years after the SNES launched. Thracia 776 came out in 2000 on the SNES, the literal last year of the N64's life cycle, which makes that cancelled N64 FE even more jarring. Also Thracia was originally like a special game you could only get at events, which is still ???????

After Thracia, FE started getting more reasonable release timings but the lack of marketing still hurt.

.....hey wait, I just noticed that it was only the Kaga FEs with questionable release timings. Heck, TRS came out on the PS1 a year after the PS2 launched. 

It's really only FE1, 4 and Berwick that didn't have questionable timings, even though they were skirting the line there (FE1 came out the same year as the SNES and FE4 came out the same year as the N64, with Berwick only releasing a year before the PS3 came out).

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

TMS... TMS... doesn’t ring any bells.

Damn shame.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truly, your blind hatred knows no limits.

It's not my fault TMS has the best cast out of any Fire Emblem.

For the SNES ones, it's not that jarring when you consider just how popular the SNES was, or still is, in Japan. Thracia may have released in 1999, but still sold over 100K copies and even got a rereleased edition in 2000. In fact, SNES games were still being made as late as 1999, if mostly Japan-only.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Metal Gear Rising has the coolest QTEs and that's an objective fact. I mean, they're still dumb button prompts, but fuck me if the action isn't cool to watch.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

.....hey wait, I just noticed that it was only the Kaga FEs with questionable release timings. Heck, TRS came out on the PS1 a year after the PS2 launched. 

It's really only FE1, 4 and Berwick that didn't have questionable timings, even though they were skirting the line there (FE1 came out the same year as the SNES and FE4 came out the same year as the N64, with Berwick only releasing a year before the PS3 came out).

TRS: Questionable because it came out on PS1 a year before PS2 launched.

BWS: Less questionable because it came out a year before the PS3 came out.

Well...

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes, I imagine somebody more into anime than me would enjoy it quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

....hey wait, I just noticed that it was only the Kaga FEs with questionable release timings.

I wouldn't say exactly that. Sacred Stones came out a month before the DS released. Path of Radiance a little over a year in Japan before the Wii's debut, barely a year in the other regions. New Mystery was released less than a year before the 3DS debuted. -All three of these cases are aided by backwards capability though.

Though not in the sales department, considering Tellius didn't so so hot. To the point that taking only the Japanese markets, Thracia actually outsold one of them.

Longtime FE just wasn't cutting it, and those release dates weren't helping either.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I suppose since the cast of Awakening already acts like they are in a modern highschool rather then a feudal war setting, they might as well be in one.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For the SNES ones, it's not that jarring when you consider just how popular the SNES was, or still is, in Japan. Thracia may have released in 1999, but still sold over 100K copies and even got a rereleased edition in 2000. In fact, SNES games were still being made as late as 1999, if mostly Japan-only.

I see. I suppose that makes more sense. 

TRS: Questionable because it came out on PS1 a year before PS2 launched.

It came out the year after the PS2, what?

Yes, I imagine somebody more into anime than me would enjoy it quite a bit.

Bro I hate idol shit. I think idols are really dumb and cringe.

And yet, TMS still ended up being based.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't say exactly that. Sacred Stones came out a month before the DS released. Path of Radiance a little over a year in Japan before the Wii's debut, barely a year in the other regions. New Mystery was released less than a year before the 3DS debuted. -All three of these cases are aided by backwards capability though.

True, backwards compatibility can help a lot. And with Radiant Dawn having save bonuses, there might've been an intention to have PoR and RD release relatively close to each other.

Come to think of it, the North American release of Radiant Dawn had to compete with Super Mario Galaxy's. That too didn't helped over here.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Come to think of it, the North American release of Radiant Dawn had to compete with Super Mario Galaxy's. That too didn't helped over here.

Oh yeah, that was awful, awful timing.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bro I hate idol shit. I think idols are really dumb and cringe.

And yet, TMS still ended up being based.

Well... I don't think I'll ever give it a chance, because it does not look like something that I'll enjoy and I've more games to spend my time on. But hey, to each their own.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It came out the year after the PS2, what?

Whoops. I misread your post. Apologies.

I played F-Zero for the SNES and this is what i have to say about it:

"F-Zero is a game where you race and that's basically all there is to it. It is fun, the controls are good (unless you have to drift, in which it becomes ass), and the music is nice but honestly, this game is more like a tech demo or an arcade game and because of that, i don't feel like giving it a score. You don't really "beat" this game like you would in Mario Kart, there's no trophies or anything. In fact, much like an arcade game, this game is really more about the best score than actually, you know, beating it.
Honestly, once you've done one Grand Prix, you've done them all.

It does suck that there's no multiplayer mode tho."

Just watched that ending scene from VS1 where Accorte and Theodel are both dead.

Yeah, that was an interesting scene. It's not necessary details, but it actually drops a few very subtle hints at some stuff in the world, along with fleshing out both Athol's father and Zech slightly.