Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

Yeah, I actually like this map, I don’t see how it’s boring at all.

It's... kinda lame. You just kill things while Ryoma entertains himself by being annoying. Last time I had trouble with it too, but not this time.

Okay, I made it to the Breach of Fate, so I've swapped the boon to clever and the bane to unlucky. Though it doesn't seem to matter much, considering Edgiest Ka got three defense in spite of the bane...

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I wanted to punch Meme Oshino (yes that's his name) so badly during Tsubasa's arc.
I still hold a grudge against him for saying that it was HER fault her parents abused her. Fucking asshole.

Good news: Xander landed a 25% and a 15% and won the fight against Ryoma somehow.

Bad news: Elise died because she's really slow and Hinoka is really fast.

...Then again, from what I've gathered, death doesn't matter until after chapter 6, so I'll keep a save just in case and let it happen. Can't rob Xander of his victory, it doesn't happen often lol

Yeah, i didn't like how some parts of her arc were handled, considering how she and Shinobu are my fav. characters.

Also, and this is a very hot take, i don't like Araragi x Gahara

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, i didn't like how some parts of her arc were handled, considering how she and Shinobu are my fav. characters.

Ayy!
For me, it's her and Mayoi!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, and this is a very hot take, i don't like Araragi x Gahara

Saaaaame!

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's... kinda lame. You just kill things while Ryoma entertains himself by being annoying. Last time I had trouble with it too, but not this time.

You kill things while using Kaze’s move pair up to race against Ryoma and trying to make sure Corrin can dragon vein while wanting to grab the village and the concoction for the route split.

I mean I guess you don’t have to do any of that.

Edited by Sooks

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wait, they're actually doing that?
Okay, I'm waiting!

Atlus be Atlus.😑 This is the same company that who developed a reputation for the "Atlus Tax" on the 3DS, charging a little extra for their games -only to permanent price cut and do very frequent sales as it turned out for the North American market.

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Definitely! Digging into Fate and discovering Karna, as well as having Krishna, Ananta/Shesha, and Maitreya be a major part of Apocalypse, and the "kill Mizar" operation in Devil Survivor 2 with the Awakening of Shiva and Kama, made me want to read up on those mythologies, and I have been intrigued by what I found.

Digital Devil Saga has a distinctly Hindu flavor as well. Although no actual Hindu gods feature, barring Shiva and Vishnu as superbosses in the second game, it's just name-borrowing. The marks that give humans the power to turn into demons are called Atma, the Atma is the fundamental existential self -the soul- in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The demonic forms the Atma enable are called Avatars. Whilst most people get Avatars derived from any mythos and using the usual SMT designs, the heroes and major NPCs and villains, have their Avatars taken from Hinduism. Serph has Varuna, god of the oceans, and Heat gets Agni- both the Sanskrit word for fire and the name for its deity, to name two examples.

My one problem with DDS's Hindu flavoring is that, while they could've gone deeper with it the whole two games and I would've loved it. Having the last thing that shows up in the ending to the duology be a Sanskrit word I have to go online afterwards to find out what it means, is not doing mythological depth right.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You kill things while using Kaze’s move pair up to race against Ryoma and trying to make sure Corrin can dragon vein while wanting to grab the village and the concoction for the route split.

I mean I guess you don’t have to do any of that.

I let Sakura die both times haha

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Indeed!
I thought their romance was pretty forced, and they didn't have much chemistry, either.

not to mention she's the one least connected to the main plot ™️

and romances like that always rub me the wrong way

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Implying I worried about Sakura and Hinoka

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How on earth does Sakura die with Ryoma out and about?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Atlus be Atlus.😑 This is the same company that who developed a reputation for the "Atlus Tax" on the 3DS, charging a little extra for their games -only to permanent price cut and do very frequent sales as it turned out for the North American market.

Same for the European one, really. Their games went on sale all the time. It's how I got a majority of them, in fact.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Digital Devil Saga has a distinctly Hindu flavor as well, more Hindu Although no actual Hindu gods feature, barring Shiva and Vishnu as superbosses in the second game, it's just name-borrowing. The marks that give humans the power to turn into demons are called Atma, the Atma is the fundamental existential self -the soul- in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The demonic forms the Atma enable are called Avatars. Whilst most people get Avatars derived from any mythos and using the usual SMT designs, the heroes and major NPCs and villains, have their Avatars taken from Hinduism. Serph has Varuna, god of the oceans, and Heat gets Agni- both the Sanskrit word for fire and the name for its deity, to name two examples.

My one problem with DDS's Hindu flavoring is that, while they could've gone deeper with it the whole two games and I would've loved it. Having the last thing that shows up in the ending to the duology be a Sanskrit word I have to go online afterwards to find out what it means, is not doing mythological depth right.

Aside from that last part, on which I would agree with you, this sounds really interesting, honestly!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not to mention she's the one least connected to the main plot ™️

and romances like that always rub me the wrong way

Yeah, that part bothered me, too. Hitagi just... vanished completely from the plot for a season or two, without any mention of her sometimes, even.
As well as the part where he got a little too chummy with the girls who were there, only to toss in a line of "I love Senjougahara" in there somewhere. I didn't buy it. xD

Just now, Sooks said:

Ryoma is super slow on the snow. Both times Sakura has perished and there was nothing I could do about it. Not that I cared enough to find out, of course.

Just now, Sooks said:

Because they were let be slow enough one of the faceless got to her.

It's the same with me, I'm too exp greedy.

Okay, so there's a problem. A rather huge problem, in fact. There's an issue with my completely legal DLC. It stops at Hidden Truths 2. The DLC that I actually care about, the one that gives me access to the cool classes, is not there.

Fuck.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As well as the part where he got a little too chummy with the girls who were there, only to toss in a line of "I love Senjougahara" in there somewhere. I didn't buy it. xD

''What are you, Italian?''

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so there's a problem. A rather huge problem, in fact. There's an issue with my completely legal DLC. It stops at Hidden Truths 2. The DLC that I actually care about, the one that gives me access to the cool classes, is not there.

Fuck.

Witch DLC should be free DLC. ''A Gift from Anna'' or something a like that

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Witch DLC should be free DLC. ''A Gift from Anna'' or something a like that

Yes, it's not there. The DLC list stops at Hidden Truths 1 and 2. Everything after that, including the gift from Anna, does not exist. I've done some googling, and apparently it's a widespread problem with Citra and Fates's DLC... that I cannot find a solution for.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

huh

strange

it worked fine for me

Did you install the DLC like in the guide @Saint Rubenio

Yes... Maybe it's the DLC file that I have that's wrong. Of course, not much anyone can do to help me there... I'll just have to go and scour the internet again. Oh, well.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes... Maybe it's the DLC file that I have that's wrong. Of course, not much anyone can do to help me there... I'll just have to go and scour the internet again. Oh, well.

i will help