• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

...I have forgotten the entirety of the Ys VIII ost, barring the starting area music and *checks soundtrack online for the name* Iclucian Dance (because, Dana). Not saying it is bad, it just didn't stick with me after completion.

Forgive me.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course! As legitimate as it gets. You see, I called Nintendo HQ and requested permission to utilize their Nintendo Time Machine™.

Is it the same as Mario's Time Machine?

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hello! What did I miss?

Obsession with the toenails of an anime girl.

Oh, and lightcosmo is enjoying Trails.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Oh, and lightcosmo is enjoying Trails.

Hey, I got to be an honorable mention! Awesome!

Edited by lightcosmo

...I had forgotten how much time you spend fucking around in the school in Cold Steel 3.

Yeah losing my save for this game was worse than i had thought hahahahahahahahahahaha

IMG_20200719_200225.jpg?width=768&height

Yeah, you know what? i'm gonna chuck this game back into the backlog until i finish Namco x Capcom. Playing two decently lengthy JRPGs at the same time is just not gonna be good for my health lol and that's a surefire way to burnout.

At least with Atelier Sophie, that's a game i can take nice and easy.

Trails in the Sky FC is installed!

Although it’s “performing the first time setup” and it’s been four minutes but the progress bar hasn’t even started filling up so...

And the moment I posted the step immediately finished and step 2 was a third of the way done. Okay Steam.

Edited by Sooks

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Although it’s “performing the first time setup” and it’s been four minutes but the progress bar hasn’t even started filling up so...

Ah yes, the classic "we need to install the game twice" trick that every non-Nintendo platform loves to pull.

4 hours ago, Maof06 said:

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Trails in the Sky FC is installed!

And the moment I posted the step immediately finished and step 2 was a third of the way done. Okay Steam.

Yay! Enjoy!

All this Trails talk makes me wanna pick the series back up. Ah well, the more I wait to do it, the less likely I am to be burnt out by it!

And it runs! Victory! But it’s 1 am so I am going to hit the hay, knowing so much about the game from its first line, “mmm...”.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, the classic "we need to install the game twice" trick that every non-Nintendo platform loves to pull.

Why..?

Edited by Sooks

Oh man, that was a close one!

I didn't knew Matagroth would move, then he goes towards Cezar... guy dodges both 71's. Then Agza's Crescent procs Aegis II and crits. Phew!

Okay, Turn 15, I've lowered both drawbridges leading to the northern section of the map. Hmm... should I defeat Beorn and Marlena or get them to turn into NPC's... well, that'd be for tomorrow. Enough excitement for today.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Xiaomu, i just wanna point out, that's a human skeleton you're about to fight.

....this is definitely the fault of the fan translation, isn't it?

That or Xiaomu's just an idiot.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm... should I defeat Beorn and Marlena or get them to turn into NPC's... well, that'd be for tomorrow. Enough excitement for today.

It's definitely a lot easier to turn them into NPCs.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Er... "non-Nintendo"? Day one patches are definitely a thing in Nintendo games these days as well. I've seen it in plenty of my games, that much is for sure. It's pretty much inevitable in this day and age. Heck, Nintendo's patches tend to be lengthy downloads, too.

As for Steam... Okay, this is going to sound nitpicky, but Steam doesn't "need to install the game twice." The game and any patches it may have are automatically included with the initial installation. Many games only need to be installed and they're good to go. What Steam does sometimes do is install components required for the game to run, stuff like NET Framework, Direct X, things that are not part of the game itself. That's the thing that Sooks experienced. Which, yeah, for the user it's effectively the same thing, but hey. There's a bit of a difference, is all I'm saying.

All right, time for some Conquest. I've decided to delay the paralogue grinding for one map, so I can grab Shura before going in. I already did an attempt earlier, but Leo suffered a tragic accident. Let's hope it goes better this time.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Er... "non-Nintendo"? Day one patches are definitely a thing in Nintendo games these days as well. I've seen it in plenty of my games, that much is for sure. It's pretty much inevitable in this day and age. Heck, Nintendo's patches tend to be lengthy downloads, too

The difference is Nintendo doesn't force you to do it. I mean, in the first place, if you bought it digitally, it'll have the day one patch installed. If you have it physical, you can choose to download the day one patch but it's not necessary.

Compared to PlayStation and Xbox. You buy a game physically on either of those two platforms and you're still forced to wait an hour for it to install.

Steam downloads the game and then does a "first time installation" which, depending on the game, can take anywhere between like a minute or 10.

What I'm saying is just let me play the game I bought.

Edit: this can happen even without day one patches.

Edited by Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The difference is Nintendo doesn't force you to do it. I mean, in the first place, if you bought it digitally, it'll have the day one patch installed. If you have it physical, you can choose to download the day one patch but it's not necessary.

Compared to PlayStation and Xbox. You buy a game physically on either of those two platforms and you're still forced to wait an hour for it to install.

Steam downloads the game and then does a "first time installation" which, depending on the game, can take anywhere between like a minute or 10.

What I'm saying is just let me play the game I bought.

Edit: this can happen even without day one patches.

Eh, fair enough, I suppose, though I'd rather wait for the day 1 patch than risk running into bugs or miss out on features. Also, I really don't think the Steam thing is that bad, not to mention it doesn't happen for every game. As for PS and Xbox, I've never owned one of their systems, so I cannot say.

Hey, I think it was @Dayni who said Shura's backstory was revealed in Revelation? Well, no, it's revealed in Conquest, too. Just before the choice to spare him or kill him for his boots. Given that I intend to marry him to the genocider, I think he'll wish we'd picked the boots.

At any rate, Shura got. In my last run I had an awesome Niles, so they were more or less on par with each other. This time? Straight up better in every aspect. Not to mention, D staves, which is always neat. He can use his personal to nerf enemies, and let's not forget, even if he does cost boots, he can pair up with people to grant them +1 movement thanks to his class, which can work as a makeshift boots that you can give to whoever needs them in any given situation.

Why do people kill this guy, again?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

thing is, steam needs to install the game for it run. Atleast it isn't old sylte installation of back then using CDs and stuff.

Those were trually oh boi

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

thing is, steam needs to install the game for it run.

I get that but I don't see why it can't download and install at the same time. Cause appearently those are two different things.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Atleast it isn't old sylte installation of back then using CDs and stuff.

I'm too young to remember that lol.

I mean, I know I saw some CDs of PC games when I was younger but yeah, that was before my time haha.