• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

test it for us, our dear Saint

At a later date. Currently I am busy throwing people into other people.

Also, I shot a guy four times and he bled out on the floor, but he didn't die because Kiryu has never killed anyone. If you looked really closely, you could tell he was holding back on those trigger squeezes.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

that 50% spd increase gotta be balanced somehow xD

Can easily be countered by the boots that give move +10, ofc. 

Not that I have any issues with it, either way. Having negatives on them makes it more interesting.

I finally moved my lazy ass and did something useful today. Thracia LP tomorrow.

Edited by Maof06

My Party: lvl25-30

Game: 

Tf1PRN9.png

Lvl1 i have to deploy every battle from now on to reach the good ending...

nE1StCY.png

I love the Party's reaction at her being the ''lord'' for that mission lol

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

WYMa1Bj.png

calm down Dimitri

????

24509327-dff7-4e7b-b07a-72adb70d47e3_tex

(And of course their months are Norse Realms)

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Game: 

Tf1PRN9.png

If you choose another ace do you not get the good ending?

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Game: 

Tf1PRN9.png

nE1StCY.png

I love the Party's reaction at her being the ''lord'' for that mission lol

I like how even the 97 year old man kinda looks like a tiny child in this artstyle.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

????

He was like '' I WILL KILL ALL OF THEM!''

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you choose another ace do you not get the good ending?

dunno

she does get a sick PRF tho that let's her do more damage than anyone else in my team lol

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how even the 97 year old man kinda looks like a tiny child in this artstyle.

kek

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is not good news for you. Or at least, so I hear.

7f6.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

He was like '' I WILL KILL ALL OF THEM!''

I certainly didn't think that was the the case for sure looking at the image.

(Me looking at the comment under it like "Nope, not what's going on here" despite it being obvious)

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody even likes Olivier. Why is he here? Nothing about him makes any sense, but you won't see me complaining about it. I hope he never leaves.

For a moment I thought you referred to the SF user named Nobody, and I was like...

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Male Viera exist? Never thought that'd happen.

According to what one comment I read, then cross-referenced with FF Wiki, FFXIV invented a bunch of Viera lore.:

• Male Viera look identical at birth to female Viera, and remain so until they begin to mature (presumably physically and sexually?).
  • Male Viera live with the females until they reach puberty. At that point, adult males come to collect them and take them away. 
  • Male Viera once they begin to mature met with females only periodically, for the sake of trade, gathering the latest batch of pubescent males, and procreation.  
  • Male Viera serve as guardians of the forests which the Viera traditionally call home, and live as hunters therein.
  • Male Viera have the older ones teach the younger how to hunt, but once that is done they live apart not just from the females, but from other males. The life of a male Viera is a solitary one.
  • Viera have triple the lifespan of humans.
    • This might -one fan suggested- mean it is a good thing that males rarely interact with females.
    • If the Viera are so devoted to the forest and life outside in the greater world is traditionally taboo, I would add, then making sure their numbers remain within limits that the forest can sustain would be a necessity of morality. Triple the lifespans without a significantly longer pregnancy process or other factors cutting lives well short of that tripling could mean unsustainable hordes of hares that would induce deforestation or at least a collapse in the populations of non-Viera lifeforms in those woods. Infrequent mating prevents this.

I will say that I do like these world-building details!

IIRC, the -female of course- Viera in XII seemed to have a communalism streak, a tightly-bound sisterhood in the depths of the trees, despairing and dejecting those daughters of the verdant who would abandon it, and showing no interest in the outside world, keeping it at bay. Males still operate within the system imposed by ancient custom, so how they live isn't rooted in egoist morality. But whereas the females are in constant contact with each other, the males rarely interact with anyone at all, so it a counterbalancing isolationism.

Living alone all the time could mean Male Viera are edgelords. But it could be many are simply the very quiet type, if all your friends are animals, insects, and plants, you needn't say a whole lot. And, perhaps some of them as they go about their days all of a sudden recall their fond childhood memories with each other and their female counterparts, they accept their lot in life, which they find a state of a wistful loneliness, seeing their aches of longing to be the natural course for their gender and species. How I would gladly oblige to inform those pained and possibly shy or socially handicapped rabbit men that they need not live in melancholy.😘

Although, I do ponder why if males are so solitary, we would not see any in XII or the Tactics Advance. If they live apart from others, who is stopping them from leaving the forest and commingling with other species? If anything, the females should have fewer opportunities, although perhaps they have greater desire to see something different given they are being oppressed by their kin, to leave the woods. As the Viera speak as if the trees have a collective sentience, I speculate it could be that the males are attuned to nature so much that they see that as being their overseer, inescapable be it in daylight or new moon darkness, and hence dare not try to leave. Or, I speculate males have abandoned their sylvan birthplaces, yet retained their introverted lifestyles and or xenophobic outlook, and hence are rarely seen in the world at large even if they do. Nonetheless, there should be a rara avis or three amongst the male Vieras, a cottontail fratboy who is at their happiest spontaneously stripping in public after drinking too much Dalmascan Dark Draft. Why have I not met them?

*Ahem*

-The real reason Square is inventing these, is because of fan backlash. They did not like the premise of a gender-locked fantasy race -although I don't think gender has any effects on gameplay. And so after several expansions, Square has decided that with the new Endwalker expansion, Vieras will be receiving a playable male version.

Later into the expansion, Square has stated that they will be adding female Hrothgars, a male-only leonine race FFXIV created. (Why not bring back the Ronso? The horns look out of place if you ask me, so I don't mind that they didn't. The Hrothgars invented the Gunblade-using Gunbreaker class they added in the same XIV expansion, so an VIII reference clearly. Maybe I'm a lion? I am absolutely one.) Females exist among the Hrothgars, some of them apparently live under a queen, but they are very few in number and hence rarely seen. Viera were added at the same time as Hrothgars to compensate for the gender-lock, though the Wiki also claims time and resource constraints played a role in limiting them to one playable gender each. Considering IRL lions are led by the lionesses, adding playable females to them is entirely appropriate.

-If it seems absurd to write out so much at the mere inclusion of tadpole-making Homo Lagomorpha, these aren't the first I've encountered. Besides FE13's Taguel, these come to mind.:

Spoiler

Hound03-c01.pngMasurao04-c01.png

I made the left one go the way of the supporter and healer despite their gruff look. While the samurai dropped the armor and quad-wielded katanas for extreme offense.

Yet, though I can't understand why, bunny boys are something I like getting silly over.☺️

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody even likes Olivier. Why is he here? Nothing about him makes any sense, but you won't see me complaining about it. I hope he never leaves.

He’s still my favorite and I’m at the end of the game.

Edited by Sooks