Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The UK were dead last.

Spain was right above Germany.

It was hilarious hearing 4 nations in a row get nul points (televote) to be honest, just from the absurdity of it all.

It probably shouldn't have been, 2nd and 3rd were both sparse songs sang in native languages, even if it were the worst of those three I mentioned.

So, third last.

Not bad, we're movin' up!

...Pffft.

• Replies 177.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

52 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Should've seen that coming.

This do?

Edit: No dancing on stage by the look of it sadly.

It does work, but indeed, just music.

Just now, Sooks said:

It does work, but indeed, just music.

The youtube channel guy plays a ukulele and a person in a fist with a raised middle finger dances on stage with him.

Imagine that with the condescending lyrics and you see why it's getting a fair amount of hate itself. (Shame it's region locked on the eurovision channel, apologies, but someone has phone video from the grand final and maybe it'll not be locked)

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

N1gU3Vt.jpg
Yep, that’s about how it went.

And of course as proof it's not-funny number.

Played just a little more FFIX. I lost the Festival of the Hunt event, not sure why they had it even exist, but I actually preferred losing, since, I don't know if it was RNG, but Freya won. And that early Coral Ring is certainly worth more than some money Zidane would've gotten. Why did they give Freya the Red Mage design, but the Dragoon job? I was actually wanting her to be a Red Mage.

I was surprised to see them throw an optional character into another FF by this point in the franchise's history. It was fine in VI with Umaro and Gogo, but Yuffie and Vincent shouldn't have been optional in original and only VII. Quina being the fairly unmissable was a good idea, and they made a fine choice to make the missable the Blue Mage. Blue Magic and it by other names has been a mixed bag ever since its invention. Sometimes strong- Enemy Skills, sometimes weak- Ronso Rage, and in-between- Lore and the original V Blue Magic. No matter how it has been done, its full power requires use of a guide or great inquisitiveness to unleash, it is not for fast and blind players. Such makes Blue Magic so distinctive yet uneven.

Eating weakened enemies means Quina is sure to be easier to develop than the old-fashioned "get clobbered to learn" style of learning Blue Magic. And already they've this Frog Drop spell, Aqua Breath (but why can it miss?), Vanish, Level 3 Defenseless, Pumpkin Head, and Mighty Guard - but they don't have enough max MP to use it. Mighty Guard is great, and if I can find White Wind, Quina ought to be an alternative to Garnet.

Speaking of Garnet, I earlier changed her thinly-used alias from "Dagger" to "Kris", it's more natural that way. And her present absence from the team, was why before she even made her temporary leave, I wanted Freya to be a Red Mage. Healing is important, items in FF rarely suffice in place of an actual healer. It feels like I'll have to devote a slot (thankfully of four this time, compared to the three that both precedes and follows this mainline FF game) to Garnet at all times -unless Quina finds that White Wind. This said, I wasn't much fond of Magicite/Materia/Junctions, so I'm likely to prefer IX even with this flaw.

Enemies have been dealing more damage than the pittances I was expecting. I've had far more KOs than I would've thought at this early point in the game. The heroes seem too squishy. Being stuck with basic Potions is barely cutting it if I stay atop the matter. On the positive side, the ability to equip multiple ailment nullifications without using my lone accessory slot is great, although why do I expect to not get ones for the most debilitating ailments, or to have bosses bypass those prevention passives?

Oh, and I lost to the big water serpent thingy once, I came into the fight with a lone Phoenix Down. Why does it instantly counter any spell cast upon it with Silence? Neither Quina nor Vivi can deal a lot of magic damage to it, so it is uncalled for, and delegates them both to Potion duty. Why doesn't Vivi have the most basic Thunder spell yet either?   

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

On that note, so far, there was one, and only one, instance of this: in one cutscene, some text was disappearing at the top of the screen. I imagine they placed the start of the line too high. Everything else was fit neatly into the textboxes and aside from the word "Save" still being written in Katakana in the background of the save menu, all the menus are translated, as well.

Well, that is one kind of text glitch. But I also had in mind other kinds of glitches, you'd be surprised to learn that sometimes, fan patches can create instances where the game will outright freeze and crash. Within FE fanslations, it has happened with Thracia 776 and TearRing Saga. And I was aware an old translation patch for Shin Megami Tensei 1 -years before the official international release of the game- had at least one mandatory instance of a total freeze late in the game, possibly more. The only remedy to these force-a-reset errors being to temporarily remove the translation patch and then reinstall it after the problem moment had passed.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll try to see if I can find a playthrough of it that I can watch, if the game is translated/exists internationally. I believe it was also a PS2 game, and I can't run the emulator for it on my laptop.

Good lord.
Oh well, far be it from me to tell others what to enjoy and what not to. But with everything other people enjoy and I don't, I could at least find some reasons to say "yeah, I get it. I disagree, but I get it". With Leon? I don't get it. XD

Japan be into edgy boys? I'm aware that they're utterly infatuated with that Goron Akechi from the far more recent Persona 5, the Western audiences, not so much.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And of course as proof it's not-funny number.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw nice-1

Oh I didn’t even notice.

That’ll probably be saved for Claude x... someone.

Edit: I just unlocked the popularity ranking feature and Byleth is the most popular mii on the island. Three Houses really is just being recreated.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was surprised to see them throw an optional character into another FF by this point in the franchise's history. It was fine in VI with Umaro and Gogo, but Yuffie and Vincent shouldn't have been optional in original and only VII. Quina being the fairly unmissable was a good idea, and they made a fine choice to make the missable the Blue Mage. Blue Magic and it by other names has been a mixed bag ever since its invention. Sometimes strong- Enemy Skills, sometimes weak- Ronso Rage, and in-between- Lore and the original V Blue Magic. No matter how it has been done, its full power requires use of a guide or great inquisitiveness to unleash, it is not for fast and blind players. Such makes Blue Magic so distinctive yet uneven.

Eating weakened enemies means Quina is sure to be easier to develop than the old-fashioned "get clobbered to learn" style of learning Blue Magic. And already they've this Frog Drop spell, Aqua Breath (but why can it miss?), Vanish, Level 3 Defenseless, Pumpkin Head, and Mighty Guard - but they don't have enough max MP to use it. Mighty Guard is great, and if I can find White Wind, Quina ought to be an alternative to Garnet.

At least Quina isn't optional forever. It's only optional to have Quina for Disk 1, the Qu actually joins later on if you didn't.

Personally, I prefer the VI way where it's just seeing the magic in action in order to learn it.

Before the events that lead to Queen Yggdra's World Conquest and the War against Asgard, there existed a band of misfits that once oppossed a tyranny. This is the tale of the band of misfits that kickstarted the events that lead to the war known as The Trial.

-Shrimpy's possible next LP

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Before the events that lead to Queen Yggdra's World Conquest and the War against Asgard, there existed a band of misfits that once oppossed a tyranny. This is the tale of the band of misfits that kickstarted the events that lead to the war known as The Trial.

-Shrimpy's possible next LP

...I have no idea what this is.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Played just a little more FFIX. I lost the Festival of the Hunt event, not sure why they had it even exist, but I actually preferred losing, since, I don't know if it was RNG, but Freya won. And that early Coral Ring is certainly worth more than some money Zidane would've gotten. Why did they give Freya the Red Mage design, but the Dragoon job? I was actually wanting her to be a Red Mage.

The dragoon makes more sense for her in universe, but you've got a point on the design.

The Dragoon skills won't help on this, warning you in advance.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of Garnet, I earlier changed her thinly-used alias from "Dagger" to "Kris", it's more natural that way. And her present absence from the team, was why before she even made her temporary leave, I wanted Freya to be a Red Mage. Healing is important, items in FF rarely suffice in place of an actual healer. It feels like I'll have to devote a slot (thankfully of four this time, compared to the three that both precedes and follows this mainline FF game) to Garnet at all times -unless Quina finds that White Wind. This said, I wasn't much fond of Magicite/Materia/Junctions, so I'm likely to prefer IX even with this flaw.

You're not wrong about that potentially being a point against it, but I also am fine with the less defined parties in those games.

But then you ask, this is my favourite right?

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Enemies have been dealing more damage than the pittances I was expecting. I've had far more KOs than I would've thought at this early point in the game. The heroes seem too squishy. Being stuck with basic Potions is barely cutting it if I stay atop the matter. On the positive side, the ability to equip multiple ailment nullifications without using my lone accessory slot is great, although why do I expect to not get ones for the most debilitating ailments, or to have bosses bypass those prevention passives?

There'll be a ton of status prevention options for your characters.

As for the bosses and immunity.... I know some won't be as immune as you'd think, but others will be. Typical. As for Silence, a couple of items can teach the ability to make characters immune to it and I know some are available at present.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and I lost to the big water serpent thingy once, I came into the fight with a lone Phoenix Down. Why does it instantly counter any spell cast upon it with Silence? Neither Quina nor Vivi can deal a lot of magic damage to it, so it is uncalled for, and delegates them both to Potion duty. Why doesn't Vivi have the most basic Thunder spell yet either?   

Oh yeah, about skills.

Each character's weapons (and certain other items) can have their combat abilities. You fight with them to learn skills and while arguably nice and all this can be an issue if you're also needing a different item for a particular fight.

It's something I should get mad at to be honest.

45 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yep, that’s about how it went.

I only trust Hubba Tester. He never fails.

https://i.imgur.com/pLpaeLU.png

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I only trust Hubba Tester. He never fails.

https://i.imgur.com/pLpaeLU.png

I never understood that mechanic in Fates. I can force whoever I want into marriage, who cares what they think?

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

LOL

I need links. Fast.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I never understood that mechanic in Fates. I can force whoever I want into marriage, who cares what they think?

You get some humorous lines from Hubba Tester. It's just a joke mechanic, nothing more.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

You get some humorous lines from Hubba Tester. It's just a joke mechanic, nothing more.

In my next Fates run I need to go out of my way to marry all the most incompatible couples. Then I'll unlock the secret route: Fates Settlement.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Shrimperor said:

you need to play Sky first

I already installed all the Sky games. I want the Crossbell ones ready to play when it's time.

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I already installed all the Sky games. I want the Crossbell ones ready to play when it's time.

will send you the links when it's time 😉

Especially since the links are getting updated atm