Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

The Teehee experience. Seriously, people, why can't you all live in one place?

That is an excellent question, really. xD

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hello, Draggyman! Hope you slept well.

Thank you! I did! How about you?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Why'd they bring back this kind of counterintuitive stuff? What is it good for? It's almost as bad as VIII's "never level up once for the easiest possible experience outside of a few situations" problem.

From experience I never found it a particular issue, Acacia's right about it not being necessary at all.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And to speak of Eiko again, she seems the most "anime" of the cast with her little girl behavior, although some maturity I can tell, which is a fair counterbalance. Gameplay-wise, I was at first distraught to see she was so lacking in Abilities, but she has caught up surprisingly fast, not entirely there yet, but I did a lot of fighting trying to find those stones you need to put into the one spot in the Mountain Pass, and she is almost there. I wasn't sure what role she'd have, another Summoner-White Mage seems redundant, except Garnet still doesn't have Cura! I could earlier discern that Garnet doesn't have room for all four of Full Life, Esuna, Auto Life (assuming it isn't exclusive to Quina), and Holy, whereas Eiko I recognize as having space available to fit everything. The game intentionally misleads you early on into thinking Garnet is a White Mage with Summoner abilities as an extra (although it's also a matter of narrative denying her early summons), but I can clearly see that by the time I get to the game's end, she'll be the real "Red Mage", with summons for her offense and most white magics for support. Eiko is the true White Mage, with four summons for a pinch of magical hurt (and Phoenix will be supportive a good panic button). Eiko is to Quina's loss, since she makes White Wind that much comparatively worse, and their Blue Magic arsenal is very gimmicky as is the norm.

Yeah, I didn't want to spoil that Eiko is the more solid White Mage in the party, but yeah she has Double Cast for White Magic when in Trance. Her summons are mostly damage dealing, though I thought less of them were for a second.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Had a pretty good night as well, thanks!

That's great to hear! ^^

---

Today on Draggy Shills Things:
1TdFL8R.jpg

One of my favorite quotes from an antagonist. Not necessarily for the quote itself, but for what the character who says it (the girl on the left, also my favorite antagonist and final boss) means by it, and the entire history behind it.

And the music post for today: Malvasia's theme!

This song also plays during the tough as nails first phase of the final boss fight.

Also, I apologize for posting this so godsdamned often but...

I can't think or talk about Nights of Azure 2 without mentioning what I think is the best song ever.
The attentive listener will notice that parts of Malvasia's theme are contained within this song, as well. It also plays during the third and final phase of her boss fight. Which is also the best final boss I've ever fought. It was particularly fun on my run on Extreme difficulty that I documented here a while back.

KZOWOKJ.jpg

This line of Aluche's sums up my feelings on that whole thing pretty well. Even though she is actually talking about butter in this scene. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's an enemy, isn't he. This is as anime as it gets. The old man cannot be a good guy.

While he is an enemy yes, i am pretty sure he will join the party as he was someone who hollowed the antagonist in Yggdra, and said antagonist being the lord of the game i am playing atm

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

While he is an enemy yes, i am pretty sure he will join the party as he was someone who hollowed the antagonist in Yggdra, and said antagonist being the lord of the game i am playing atm

inb4 Camus

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

inb4 Camus

Could be, considering he is a general of the empire current mc-kun becomes emperor of.

But i still do think he will join us.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

pG0EY5X.jpg

Nights_of_Azure_2.meme

Teehee a Thrill!

*evil laugh*

Edited by Shrimperor

Here's a visual guide on Dante's Inferno, for the philistines in the audience (me included):

Spoiler

circles-of-hell-in-hell-in-dantes-infern

*Wakes up early from a combination of overheating from forgetting to turn on my fan, and somehow politics penetrate my freshly stirring mind for a dose of existential fear very first thing today.*

Oh well... it's not that early thankfully.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, I don't know how far back I'd go. I'd like to give Rune Factory 3 a shot but anything older than that....

Fair enough, I wasn't saying you should. I actually wouldn't with Frontier, ToD is better in that the combat is smoother -but other little problems prevent me from fully suggesting it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe Zidane could take a break for a slight twist

Like FF8, this never happens. I'm pretty sure you can take him out at one point due to a bug, but other than that, nope.

Today has come and given me a big "you fucked up" surprise and it's going to eat at me all day.

Just kinda venting about that here, don't worry too much about it.

And

Two songs in one post, I’m so generous I know.

If you can’t tell I think Octopath’s OST is 10/10.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Piano.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Today has come and given me a big "you fucked up" surprise and it's going to eat at me all day.

That sucks, but I know you can get through it!

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah, one of those days. Hopefully you can work it out. Take care man

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Teehee a Teehee!

xD

XfWk6AB.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive! xD

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hope you can get through it! Take care of yourself!