• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Tfw a moderator on reddit told me calling Blaze Union a prequel to Yggdra Union is a spoiler

wtf

I can see the logic, but it's one of the first things that quickly get revealed even if you're picking up BU without having played YU. Unless you somehow can't recognize Eimi is Emilia. Connecting Garlot with Gulcasa is admittedly not as clear, but still... and then it falls apart when you see everyone else clearly not dead and visibly younger.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can see the logic, but it's one of the first things that quickly get revealed even if you're picking up BU without having played YU. Unless you somehow can't recognize Eimi is Emilia. Connecting Garlot with Gulcasa is admittedly not as clear, but still... and then it falls apart when you see everyone else clearly not dead and visibly younger.

I mean, it's the premise of the game and in the game's name ''Story to reach the future''

I can't spoil something the premise and title already ''spoil''

Well, don't know which part of Reddit you're in to be told that, but yeah, it's a hard sell.

BU had to have been advertised as connected to YU anyway, and unless you believe it's Soltier taking over Bronquia in the power vacuum of Gulcasa's death yet somehow Yggdra did nothing unless she left for Asgard... you wouldn't think it's a sequel.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, don't know which part of Reddit you're in to be told that, but yeah, it's a hard sell.

r/jrpg

Edited by Teeheemperor

16 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

r/jrpg

Then again the moderator who messaged me threatning to delete my posts is a Trails fan....

I don't need to say more

Why are you even on a big subreddit anyway, that's a rookie mistake

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why are you even on a big subreddit anyway, that's a rookie mistake

because small subreddits tend to be dead and in big ones it's easier to meet people with similiar interests

22 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

because small subreddits tend to be dead and in big ones it's easier to meet people with similiar interests

I guess that's true, but big ones tend to be the ones where shit goes down.

Imagine using Reddit.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess that's true, but big ones tend to be the ones where shit goes down.

Sounds like the places for lurking, then.

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pffft, come now, don't take it the wrong way. It happens. Trails is a series most people in the thread enjoy - I mean heck, the thread itself was born from a Trails joke. It's no wonder people talk about it more than other games. Us outsiders'll just have to deal with it, I'm afraid.

Mmkay, if you say it's fine. I mean, I have a wide array of games under my belt so I can talk about most styles, but I understand not everyone feels that way, and I try to respect that. 

David Cage: Nooooo you can't hurt Blake, he's very important to the story, he must be present at all times.

Telltale: Choices? I don't know the meaning of that word.

Banner Saga: What's that? Ludin's been slightly annoying a couple times?

87zgii8p o

Here, you have the choice to punch his head backwards and send him away from the party. Enjoy.

...Kinda hate that I have to do it this time, though. Didn't in my first run, I like the guy too much. But I want to see different things this time, so... yeah.

For reference, black stache man's hand is the size of Ludin's whole head.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Telltale: Choices? I don't know the meaning of that word.

Telltale is more like pssh, yes I’m great at choices! Look, slightly different dialogue that all leads to the same ending! Oooooo!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Telltale is more like pssh, yes I’m great at choices! Look, slightly different dialogue that all leads to the same ending! Oooooo!

Like I said, they don't know the meaning of the word. They think they do, but they don't.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like I said, they don't know the meaning of the word. They think they do, but they don't.

But they would never admit that. I guess what happened to them did though.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Best Girl with the worst availability.

Just now, Sooks said:

But they would never admit that.

They hit their peak with the Carley/Doug choice. And even something like "punch Ludin or exercise some restraint" is more impactful than that shit.

My point is, life's not fair.

Just now, Sooks said:

I guess what happened to them did though.

...Okay, life's a bit fair. I mean, I don't wanna celebrate the fall of a company like that, but... Sheesh, after Walking Dead season 1 every single one of their games was the exact same crap, but worse and worse each time.

I like how the boss of the Dragon Palace Another Dungeon in AE is...

uGUx561.png

The turtle the party had to fight early in the episode, and not the actual villain, the 29th Otohime.

... though I'd still prefer to fight the Otohime. Turtle has this annoying part where he hides in his shell... and it has its own HP bar. So I have to deplete that before bringing back the main HP bar. Well, at this point I've largely trivialized the fight that I can finish him off before he can hide, but way back... oh boy... it could hide up to twice...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They hit their peak with the Carley/Doug choice. And even something like "punch Ludin or exercise some restraint" is more impactful than that shit.

I don’t actually know what that is. I’ll assume Walking Dead season 1 though.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay, life's a bit fair. I mean, I don't wanna celebrate the fall of a company like that, but... Sheesh, after Walking Dead season 1 every single one of their games was the exact same crap, but worse and worse each time.

I feel bad for the employees.

I don’t actually know what that is. I’ll assume Walking Dead season 1 though.

Yes, basically. You had a choice between two characters in episode 1. The one you picked survived for two whole episodes before unceremoniously dying, and there was one ramification that led to slightly different dialogue with Kenny before the story got sidetracked into other matters.

That's the best they ever did.

I feel bad for the employees.

Yes, those are the real victims of the whole ordeal.