• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, I would hope they just can that shit forever. It's one of the biggest reasons (if not the biggest reason) the game runs at 22 frames per second with constant drops and takes a while to load every single time. It has to keep the maps fully loaded at all times in case you decide to use the completely superfluous, useless mechanic of walking around the map. Not a good trade-off for something you'll use once, go "huh, neat" and then forget about entirely, in my opinion.

In PxZ, the map is displayed like a normal Fire Emblem game. It doesn't zoom into ground level like 3H.

What I'm saying is the walking actually works in PxZ.

Also PxZ is spirte-based and I would hope Monolith Soft keeps to that if they make an FE. Cause God damn, PxZ spirtes are so fucking good.

1 hour ago, Teeheemperor said:

Oh god, oh no. This does look hype and my hype levels are rising

OH NOOOOO

Shrimpy rn

IMG_xwz4gs.jpg

36 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Pokémon games have no business lagging to hell and back when the 3DS can handle Warriors games just fine.

Ok I know what you're trying to say but this wasn't necessarily the best example as Hyrule Warriors struggles on the regular 3DS and FE Warriors straight-up won't run without a New 3DS.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_xwz4gs.jpg

for real lol

Fie's fashion sense still dumb tho. That hat is lol.

But atleast she's wearing something now unlike CS3-5

But to get sucked back into the Trails bubble or not hmm...

Been watching some Left 4 Dead 2 gameplays and I've getting the itch to play it again. Last time I really played that game was 2014. Poured 130 hours into it at the time. It was a good game, but the extreme case of sore loser...ness? I had at the time and the... let's say less than adequate company I had to play with soured my experience a bit. Maybe it's time to see what it'd be like in this day and age.

Not much else to say, really. Good morning and shit.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

In PxZ, the map is displayed like a normal Fire Emblem game. It doesn't zoom into ground level like 3H.

What I'm saying is the walking actually works in PxZ.

Mm... Yeah, that does seem like it'd work better, at least.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Also PxZ is spirte-based and I would hope Monolith Soft keeps to that if they make an FE. Cause God damn, PxZ spirtes are so fucking good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: FE gained absolutely nothing from going 3D. I want a FE that looks like Berwick Saga. And plays like it too, but that's a different topic.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: FE gained absolutely nothing from going 3D. I want a FE that looks like Berwick Saga. And plays like it too, but that's a different topic.

Wait, you think that IS is willing to put in EFFORT? Haha, keep dreaming. XD

5 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Fie's fashion sense still dumb tho. That hat is lol.

Oh I didn't watch the video, didn't realize she's back lol.

I mean, she's a Bracer and all so it's not like, that surprising, but still. I was under the impression that CS characters wouldn't be showing up for this first game at least.

........Uh oh.............

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: FE gained absolutely nothing from going 3D.

I'm fine with the battle models being 3D but I would still prefer everything to be sprites again.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Bro you acting like IntSys didn't turn Gaiden from a nothing game into one of the best in the series.

Just now, BrightBow said:

I don't know. I like that sense of substance that 3D models bring. In Radiant Dawn, that is.

Well, to each their own. I will say that Radiant Dawn is pretty good as far as 3D FEs go

Just now, BrightBow said:

Don't have anything good to say about the visuals on the 3DS or the Switch.

I think the non-Awakening 3DS FEs look pretty great... when you're playing on an emulator, where you can upscale the models and textures and even apply a couple filters if you're into that. Otherwise, they unfortunately suffer from being in a tiny portable system.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...Well... Unfortunately, you do not have to tell me that. I know.

Just now, Armagon said:

Bro you acting like IntSys didn't turn Gaiden from a nothing game into one of the best in the series.

Ergh... Okay, that is debatable. Highly debatable.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ummmm... i disagree with that, though. Echoes story is meh and the gameplay is good but has alot of noticable flaws to me.

Edit: they also removed fun ideas like the rings (the good versions, that is)

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Well... Unfortunately, you do not have to tell me that. I know

IS didn't just drop the ball on 3H, they sunk the whole ship!

Edited by lightcosmo

I've thought that the character interactions in Echoes felt lackluster. The VA's did a great job given what they had to work with ofc. Some of their writing was... wishy-washy to me.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, she's a Bracer and all so it's not like, that surprising, but still. I was under the impression that CS characters wouldn't be showing up for this first game at least.

Zin is also in the video, and boomer Enforcer

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

.......Uh oh............

Aslong as it isn't fucking Rean, i can tolerate them

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm fine with the battle models being 3D but I would still prefer everything to be sprites again.

FE spritework sucks ass

Just now, Armagon said:

Fire Emblem.

This is just cherry picking at points, though. I made other points that drag the game down to me that got ignored. The fun factor just isn't there to me.

Just now, Teeheemperor said:

boomer Enforcer

Walter?

Aslong as it isn't fucking Rean, i can tolerate them

Yeah, the uh oh was implying Rean lol.

Thankfully, Hajimare did imply Rean won't be showing up in Calvard.

Spoiler

One of the Doors has him show up in Calvard for vacation (how is he not blacklisted), he runs into some ninjas and then is like "yeah this isn't really my place" and then he leaves.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Walter?

yes

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

how is he not blacklisted

Because he is fucking Rean, everyone has to love him. Remember how 60% of Crossbell liked him despite him being one of the ''generals'' that helped annex Crossbell?

Fuck that guy and fuck Falcom for ever writing him

I also would prefer to not have Worst Blondie, Wind, Sword, Glasses, Music, cat and Witch appear, either. Fie, Jusis and Millium i am fine with on the other hand. And maybe Sara. Maybe.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ignoring someone's thoughts on something then proceeding to use a weak defense doesn't really help convince someone that the game is "amazing".

tbf, you edited your post after he responded

Edited by Teeheemperor

4 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

tbf, you edited your post after he responded

...what about all the other times?

Also, how long does it take to read a few extra lines? 

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, how long does it take to read a few extra lines? 

Sometimes you write something, post it and then much later you notice the one you responded to edited his original post. It happens all the time on the net especially if the discussion is going fast.

If you ask me, i don't like Echoes' Story and or Gameplay, lol. But i also dislike most FE stories, with the console ones being the exception really.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/shin_megami_tensei_v_release_date_seemingly_leaked_ahead_of_nintendos_e3_direct

I know better than to trust leaks, but if the global Nov 11 release date is true, I'll have a pentagram + Jack Frost plush under my Christmas tree this year. Hee-ho Lucifroz yo!

https://nintendoeverything.com/sakuna-of-rice-and-ruin-digital-and-physical-sales-top-1-million-initial-sales-target-was-30k/

33 times over your expectations, can't complain about that. Having played the game, and liked it well enough, I wouldn't have ever expected this myself.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's one of the biggest reasons (if not the biggest reason) the game runs at 22 frames per second with constant drops and takes a while to load every single time.

Maybe it's just how I played, but I never noticed such issues with 3H. Not that I can think of.

Sometimes you write something, post it and then much later you notice the one you responded to edited his original post. It happens all the time on the net especially if the discussion is going fast.

If you ask me, i don't like Echoes' Story and or Gameplay, lol. But i also dislike most FE stories, with the console ones being the exception really.

I guess that's fair enough. 

I just need more convincing that the game is great than a single line. What makes it great, exactly? What makes its story, gameplay, and characters stand out? 

Okay, look, I know what you're thinking, "haha Roobben's being horny again."

But no, seriously though, this is simultaneously the cringiest and funniest shit I've seen all week. Like, honestly. It's the perfect parody of everything I hate about anime, I fucking love it.

Thanks, Youtube recommendations.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe it's just how I played, but I never noticed such issues with 3H. Not that I can think of.

That's odd, I thought they were universal. The overuse of particles in battles just destroyed the already fragile balance of the game's performance.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I guess that's fair enough. 

I just need more convincing that the game is great than a single line. What makes it great, exactly? What makes its story, gameplay, and characters stand out?

It does beat all the rest in one category: Damisels in distress. So, uh... hurray for Echoes, I guess.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah the gummi ship... i've never enjoyed the gummi ship in any KH game. 

Wait... what do you mean, remember his moves? do you mean his comboes?

Sorry for being unprecise, but I meant his special attacks (triangle command). This is pretty much the part I kinda get lost. I know each character has at least one, but Idk when they trigger. When I suddenly turn into a tank, it can actually become to my disadvantage, when the enemy is one floor below / above me and I'm not able to hit it.

I don't like the gummi ship either since the controls during the flight are way too sensible for me. Flying multiple minutes during emptiness is nothing I do enjoy.