Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Because it ain't fun redoing like 30 minutes of progress.

play perfectly and you won't need to reset

thing is, Valkyria gives you 3 turns to fix up your fuckups before your units perma die, so i usually had no problems in that matter.

There were also Commander abilities to save yours units at the cost of CP anyway

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Teeheemperor said:

thing is, Valkyria gives you 3 turns to fix up your fuckups before your units perma die, so i usually had no problems in that matter.

Oh that's true but I still like to save in case I have something go wrong.

I like my backups.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Fair enough. I personally like having more freedom, is all. It would just make it alot easier to work with. Stretching your thumb to reach the pad is a little difficult, haha.

Oh yeah, that might be a problem. Can't claim I ever actually played the game on the 3DS. So I only ever used the D-pad.

Alright @Saint Rubenio, it is time for Banner Saga 2.

Oh the title screen has Iver, that’s a good start. Although he’s looking rather depressed. There are also centaur looking creatures in the background.

Edited by Teeheeooks

Oh yeah @Teeheemperor sometimes in Valkyria Chronicles, there would be like, ambush spawns or whatever (usually triggered by a story event) and my current formation would be kinda bad so I would just load an earlier turn and prepare.

6 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Alright @Saint Rubenio, it is time for Banner Saga 2.

Oh the title screen has Iver, that’s a good start. Although he’s looking rather depressed.

Gee, I wonder why that is.

There are also centaur looking creatures in the background.

You'll meet them eventually.

Just now, Teeheeooks said:

The recap of the previous game is epic.

Never watched the recaps. Maybe I should.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh yeah, that might be a problem. Can't claim I ever actually played the game on the 3DS. So I only ever used the D-pad.

That could be just me though. Xd

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gee, I wonder why that is.

He looked out and realized the person holding the controller was the one who fell for the cart thing.

He then realized his odds weren’t great.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Never watched the recaps. Maybe I should.

I mean I obviously didn’t need to, but it was really cool.

I'm finding it difficult to muster the will to continue FFIX. It isn't the game's fault, it's just how I am oft to be. I get through most of a long game, and I get burned out, this has happened very frequently with me, not helped by my current emotional state still being iffy and me opting to stick with my PS3 version of the game as opposed to Switch-ing it. But if I don't continue IX, then it'll nag me that I haven't finished it. And the longer I go without finishing it, the harder it'll be to get back into it. If I watched the rest on a commentary-free LP online of it... no, I can't let myself do that. I don't have that much of the game left reading what remains. All I need is to force myself to do the main dungeons, ignore the optional stuff, forget about getting everyone to learn everything.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bruh lmao.

But the option is there at least. Because it ain't fun redoing like 30 minutes of progress.

Or "fixing" a Lancer or Sniper whiff when it seems impossible that they could've missed in the first place.

1 minute ago, Teeheeooks said:

He looked out and realized the person holding the controller was the one who fell for the cart thing.

He then realized his odds weren’t great.

Pfft... yeah, that's it.

1 minute ago, Teeheeooks said:

I mean I obviously didn’t need to, but it was really cool.

I mean yeah, but I hadn't considered the cool factor.

Still, the recaps were important at the time because the games came out a few years apart.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or "fixing" a Lancer or Sniper whiff when it seems impossible that they could've missed in the first place.

One time in the first game, Alicia shot a guy at point-blank range and the guy ducked.

1 minute ago, Teeheemperor said:

Kai and Marina? Missing?

Oh no, snipers are actually good from the start in VC4. But in VC1? It takes like several gun upgrades before they can actually hit something.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm finding it difficult to muster the will to continue FFIX. It isn't the game's fault, it's just how I am oft to be. I get through most of a long game, and I get burned out, this has happened very frequently with me, not helped by my current emotional state still being iffy and me opting to stick with my PS3 version of the game as opposed to Switch-ing it. But if I don't continue IX, then it'll nag me that I haven't finished it. And the longer I go without finishing it, the harder it'll be to get back into it. If I watched the rest on a commentary-free LP online of it... no, I can't let myself do that. I don't have that much of the game left reading what remains. All I need is to force myself to do the main dungeons, ignore the optional stuff, forget about getting everyone to learn everything.

Oof... well if you force yourself, you probably wont enjoy it as much. 

Honestly... the game is a tad slow overall, and I dont blame you for not wanting to master every ability. 

What about the game holds you back?

I think I've settled on what gaming laptop to get after a moderate search of them. Now it's a matter of months until I actually get it.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

One time in the first game, Alicia shot a guy at point-blank range and the guy ducked.

Well, the heroes can evade too, it's just evasion doesn't happen that often for the enemy, unless they're those named Aces, who are as dodgy as it comes.

5 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Kai and Marina? Missing?

Later in the games, Snipers are 95% surefire. Earlygame sniper rifles don't have enough Aim to be near-absolutely flawless, and the supplementary accuracy Potentials aren't unlocked yet either. But, this is mostly VC1 as Armagon said, it did feel better in VC4.

4 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Ah yes, suiciding into a group of super powerful enemies all on your own. The hallmark of a protagonist.

That sequence was hard to watch.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

That sequence was hard to watch.

Eh, the loss was scripted. Although Rook looks… rough. I mean that’s to be expected but still, RIP.

Eh, the loss was scripted. Although Rook looks… rough. I mean that’s to be expected but still, RIP.

Spoiler

Actually, it's possible to win. In fact, there's a Steam achievement for winning that battle lol

Also, fun fact: if Alette is alive, that battle does not happen. Rook certainly takes the loss of his daughter far worse than she does the loss of her father.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Actually, it's possible to win. In fact, there's a Steam achievement for winning that battle lol

Maybe if you give Rook 30 strength avoid and a strength avoid boosting item, but just normally, not knowing that’s coming? Yeah… not happening.

Edited by Teeheeooks

Maybe if you give Rook 30 strength avoid and a strength avoid boosting item, but just normally? Yeah… not happening.

Spoiler

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Oof... well if you force yourself, you probably wont enjoy it as much. 

Honestly... the game is a tad slow overall, and I dont blame you for not wanting to master every ability. 

What about the game holds you back?

The game has been fun, typical FF ATB, and that's fine. Not amazing, but it doesn't need to be. I mostly want to finish it at this point for story resolution.

• Some sluggishness is to blame for sure, the PS1 could only process things so fast, and it shows.
  • There is also me regretting being a cheapskate and sticking to my PS3 version of the game I had bought years ago instead of getting it for $10 again on Switch. Being glued to a console in my room feels lifelessly shackling after years of being used to 3DS, Wii U Gamepad, undocked Switch gaming, and laptop emulation. Sure playing in the family room isn't that much freer -I'd never take my Switch somewhere away from home barring a distraction for day trip- but psychologically it isn't as dank. And I'm someone who already thinks they have no life.
  • And again, this is totally typical game burnout for me. I insist on only buying games that are sufficiently long, I almost always hesitate to buy shorter games, because I'm concerned I wouldn't get my money's worth. And yet, long games I deem worth my funds end up being difficult to finish!😅
    • The first instance of this that I ever had was Tales of Symphonia back when I was but a child in  junior high, I made it all the way to the warp sigil to the final boss, it took me years before I ever confronted them. Baten Kaitos was a similar story at the same time in my youth -but that also scarred me out of finishing it for years since I was softlocked against the Chaotic Trio. 
    • And this has happened with countless JRPGs since, albeit not as bad. Non-JRPGs have been affected too, like Breath of the Wild and confronting Calamity Ganon, and Shovel Knight three DLC campaigns.