Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Florida spent a few thousand years underwater and that filled up all the empty reservoirs and existing sinkholes.

So... the game takes place in 4021 AD? Sounds far enough ahead for me for Florida. Climate change will devour you in no time, despite your state government taking the logical and valiant countermeasure of outright banning the use of the term and several others. Haha...ha?... we're so screwed.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

....Hey @DragonFlames are you aware of the 999 Quality glitch in Atelier Sophie? Basically

All you need is a single quality increasing Trait on one of the equipment ingredients (such as a Quality+ or something).

Process is as follows:

1. Helps to get as far as Mercurial Eye (which lets you view Quality as a number instead of an adjective).
2. Craft the item until the step where you CHOOSE TRAITS. (Logy will say what traits you want to keep).
3. Select all Quality Increasing Traits (the items Quality should now rise).
4. DO NOT CONFIRM. Hit Circle and back out.
5. Back out to the menu where you see ALL YOUR INGREDIENTS with a GREEN checkmark.
6. This is important. Now HIT OPTION. Do not hit any other button; hitting X at this stage will reset the whole shebang.
7. You are back at the Trait selection screen, only this time, the Quality will have risen.
8. You can select Quality increasing traits, hit circle, then option. Repeat until Quality 999, then select the traits you actually want to keep.

They did not patch this out for DX which means imma abuse this and obliterate the final boss lol. Tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Climate change will devour you in no time, despite your state government taking the logical and valiant countermeasure of outright banning the use of the term and several others. Haha...ha?... we're so screwed.

EjmJBKYWsAAFiNv.jpg?width=321&height=432

Edited by Armagon

I don't know which story mode is worse: Smash Ultimate's handicap fights or final chapter in Kirby Fighters 2 where you must survive 50 battles in a row not to restart the chapter all over again? 🙄

Why must the story mode of current beat'em up games be designed so badly!?

Furthermore both games have terribly working online mode.

Speaking of online gaming for Switch: I played Super Mario World 3D again past week, and surprisingly I didn't have any issues.

Also first night beneath Tio was wholesome.

She protects me and I protect her.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I proceeded through the Shimmering Island. Revelatory plot dump be dumpy, but I liked it overall. Slightly more polish could've been used, but Darth FF1 Reference ain't bad. Zidane got smacked with the not-uncommon "main protagonist acts hopelessly out of character late in the game, needs friends to remind them who they are" trope. I wonder when it came into existence, but in Zidane's case, it's justifiable by what happened right beforehand.

I will say I really like this sequence of everyone joining up in separate battles to get through.

Regardless, the trope itself has to predate video games, right? Even ignoring nothing original under the sun, the idea of those close to someone helping them from their worst is a pretty easy option to take.

I stopped after that scene, I need to grind for more money to buy one of everything in the shop, which I can tell is going to be temporary. I read this the very end of Disc 3, and that *sigh* Disc 4 is solely the final dungeon again. Oh well. I should be able to finish the game tomorrow then, but I'd be more inclined to say it'd be in two days, given my tendency to delay.

I'm trying to figure out if you go there directly, again it's been a while.

It might be you have to go somewhere first but I don't think there'll be another mandatory dungeon though.

...My feelings are so mixed about this track. And I hate you Seymour; no, no, no, you can't live simply because you refuse to acknowledge that I've killed you three times. Thats not how things work!

And it's the same guy who was my brick wall for this game.

3 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Smash Ultimate's handicap fights or final chapter in Kirby Fighters 2 where you must survive 50 battles in a row not to restart the chapter all over again? 🙄

Part of me is saying the latter. This despite 9-Volt & 18-Volt, Giga Mac and Dark Emperor, just for some examples.

Edited by Teeheeyni

20 hours ago, Teeheemperor said:

Why should i xD

I... actually have no idea. xD
I just consider you a good friend, and I'd hate to lose that, haha ^^

20 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I kinda realise that most people dont like those series, and I have to accept that. It's not their fault or mine. That's just the way things are, y'know?

That's a good way to look at it, I think.

I accept that Ruben doesn't like Three Houses, or that you don't like Echoes a whole lot. I like both games, you guys don't, and that's fine by me! I certainly won't start to think less of you for it!
Same with Armagon, who doesn't seem to be enjoying Atelier Sophie a whole lot, from what I'm seeing. Which is a shame, but hey! Everyone likes different things!

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's probably blocked in places that aren't Germany.

Then again, it literally says it's unavailable instead of just saying "blocked in your region".

Hmmm.

YouTube pls

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

...Hey @DragonFlames are you aware of the 999 Quality glitch in Atelier Sophie? Basically

All you need is a single quality increasing Trait on one of the equipment ingredients (such as a Quality+ or something).

Process is as follows:

1. Helps to get as far as Mercurial Eye (which lets you view Quality as a number instead of an adjective).
2. Craft the item until the step where you CHOOSE TRAITS. (Logy will say what traits you want to keep).
3. Select all Quality Increasing Traits (the items Quality should now rise).
4. DO NOT CONFIRM. Hit Circle and back out.
5. Back out to the menu where you see ALL YOUR INGREDIENTS with a GREEN checkmark.
6. This is important. Now HIT OPTION. Do not hit any other button; hitting X at this stage will reset the whole shebang.
7. You are back at the Trait selection screen, only this time, the Quality will have risen.
8. You can select Quality increasing traits, hit circle, then option. Repeat until Quality 999, then select the traits you actually want to keep.

They did not patch this out for DX which means imma abuse this and obliterate the final boss lol. Tomorrow.

I was in fact not aware of this! Awesome!
The final boss gave me hell on my first playthrough of the OG, so when I get to the DX version... I will abuse the heck out of this, too! xD
Thanks for letting me know!

13 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

B03-023HN_artwork.png

Hungry ZAP!

Ayy, it's one of my favorite units to use in RD!
And I like her character, too.

---

And since we're still in the Teehee Zap Arc:
Etrian Odyssey ZAP!
1-storm_emperor.png

Presenting the Storm Emperor, one of three dragons you usually have to defeat in the postgame to unlock the level cap (usually 70, and after defeating all three, you can go to 99. In Nexus, it's 99, and defeating the dragons lets you go to 130).

Edited by DragonFlames

B14-097SR+_artwork.png

Zapolt!

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I just consider you a good friend, and I'd hate to lose that, haha ^^

High-five

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Her availability helps in that, even if Thunder Magic is super meh in RD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Storm Emperor

A worthy challengee to the Teeheemperor! XD

3 eyes tho?

7 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

High-five

anime-high-five-gif-2.gif

^^

8 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Her availability helps in that, even if Thunder Magic is super meh in RD

Yeah, it's not too great, that's true! Still enough for some neat shenanigans, hehe!
For example, it's super fun to have Archsage Illyana at the end of Part 1 (Paragon OP), and thus a tier 3 unit the second she joins up with Ike and the gang. xD

10 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

A worthy challengee to the Teeheemperor! XD

No joke, if you liked dungeon crawlers more, I think Etrian Odyssey would be right up your alley, difficulty-wise!
Those games can kick your butt six ways to Sunday if you're unprepared. xD

13 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

3 eyes tho?

In Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, that third eye starts glowing after a few turns in the fight, and it'll get its own HP bar, and if you don't deplete that bar fast enough, you're in for a world of hurt.
I think his Etrian Odyssey Nexus incarnation has this move, as well. Dunno for the other games he appears in, since in those, I, uh, never even got that far. XD

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have to say, bringing Dheginsea down 80 HP for her to finish was an experience.

(Because she was one of the highest damage dealers but couldn't survive unlike some others)

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

For example, it's super fun to have Archsage Illyana at the end of Part 1 (Paragon OP), and thus a tier 3 unit the second she joins up with Ike and the gang. xD

Meanwhile, I slap Blossom on her and she capped all but Luck by Level 20/18 and several of those levels were me Bepxing her as she'd capped everting else around 20/15 I think.

Just now, Teeheeyni said:

I have to say, bringing Dheginsea down 80 HP for her to finish was an experience.

(Because she was one of the highest damage dealers but couldn't survive unlike some others)

I mainly used her against the White Dragons in particular, I think, due to her not really standing a chance against the big guy himself. xD

1 minute ago, Teeheeyni said:

Meanwhile, I slap Blossom on her and she capped all but Luck by Level 20/18 and several of those levels were me Bepxing her as she'd capped everting else around 20/15 I think.

Nice! ^^

This is a timeless classic. And oh so very true.
Also, after diving into Touhou, I finally get the "Eirin! Eirin!" reference. xD

Even in the Teehee thread, F.O.E.!

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Teeheemperor said:

Tfw eye with own HP bar

oh boi

The second the thing starts glowing, the heartbeat accelerates.
I never saw what happens if you fail to kill it in time, and I don't really care to find out, either. XD

3 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

IOSYS, eh?

I think I just saw a really weird fever dream. XD

For reference, this is the original theme:

And this is a remix of it from the fighting game she makes an appearance in:

One of her abilities is to make people go insane by looking at them... IOSYS' song captures that quite well. XD

4 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

So, Iosys took these characters' battle themes and made memes out of them...
Amazing. XD

Also, they ship Alice x Marisa, I see. XD

Here's a real banger:

Remilia Scarlet was the final boss of the first game that came out on Windows PCs, and the first Touhou game for many, which is why she is to this day one of the most popular characters... that, and she's just a friggin' fun character.

She'd make for a great MC for a Villainess manga, basically. xD

Also, this version of her theme is friggin' amazing.

Well, I finished the little hack I mentioned yesterday, Fire Emblem Storge. I liked it! Really creative concept that didn't overstay its welcome, with decent maps as its foundation. Also a surprisingly cute story about a dickish father and his estranged daughter reconciling their differences through the power of extremely awkward conversations while accidentally getting involved in political intrigue.

And fun unit concepts. You know I'm a sucker for those. Concepts such as (I'll put it in spoilers for space more than anything, because these are all in the very first map):

Spoiler
Xm3vqqps o

Staff armor!

Pg8jousu oKjsn5gsi o

Shaman woman who brings her pet spider along, which means two units for the price of one (though her price is, admittedly, rather steep)!

Wbevcpv6 o

Ghost sword that has no defenses but can fly and kill shit with its superb stats!

Mtt6etdh o

Pirate lady who turns into a fleet to shoot ballistae!

M4wzruzs o

Joke unit! The joke is that if you have him try to summon, funny things happen.

Xhu7d99e o

ErRoR mAn

Xp0hhtnv o

Boring thief.

And so much more that I didn't hire in this playthrough! Such as... literally just Roy. I unlocked Roy after beating the game for the first time. I have no idea why I would want Roy, of all people, but sure.

So yeah, it's a fun little experience. If you've a free afternoon, I would recommend it. It's just five chapters, plus a preps chapter. Wouldn't take you too long. 4 hours was my final runtime, though it probably took less than that due to my usage of emulator speed up.

1 hour ago, Teeheemperor said:

B03-023HN_artwork.png

Hungry ZAP!

Oh look, it's Person I Never Used from Tellius.

...I think. All of these young anime thunder girls all look the same, I swear...

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, this version of her theme is friggin' amazing.

tbf what Touhou theme isn't?

But yeah her theme is one of the most popular ones for a reason hehe

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Send help

lol i actually almost looked behind me xD

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I think. All of these young anime thunder girls all look the same, I swear...

250px-B12-092.png

you are about to get Zap'd!

5 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

250px-B12-092.png

you are about to get Zap'd!

Ah, fuck, which one is this... Linda? I think it's Linda. Bad thunder substitute for the bad thunder girl from Genealogy.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bad thunder substitute f

Actually iirc she's considered better than Tinny due to better skill set and starting class that allows her to get go right from the start.

To qoute Mekka's FE4 pairing guide

Best “Tinny”: No Husband

If you fail to pair Taillte or get her murdered somewhere along the way (you monster!), you’ll be rather underwhelmed upon seeing Arthur’s replacement: Amid, the Wind Mage. His only skill is Adept, meaning no Pursuit. I believe he’s Taillte’s cousin of some sort, since he has Tordo blood. But he’s nothing special. No, this “pairing” is dedicated to Tinny’s replacement: Linda.

Linda is a Thunder Mage (not a regular Mage) with Tordo blood, just like Tailte. Right off the bat this does something important: it lets her use the Thoron tome you obtain just before you recruit her (the most useful thing Amid will ever do) and that gives her more single-hit attacking power than just about any Tinny ever will. Through some miracle, they’ve also assigned her both Wrath and Paragon.

This blatant favouritism has to be highlighted. Most substitutes are lucky to receive one useful skill, and they’re kinda common ones: Pursuit, Critical, Adept…Linda was given two exclusive skills that also make her really powerful. She doesn’t get to use Vantage like Lex!Tinny would, but on the flipside her magic is much better. Just at base, she has 31 atk with Thoron, and she’ll get a juicy +5 upon promotion. The fact that her growth is only 40% doesn’t even really matter in the face of these guarantees.

But killing Titlyu makes you a monster, so i never got Linda

Edited by Teeheemperor

15 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Actually iirc she's considered better than Tinny due to better skill set and starting class that allows her to get go right from the start.

To qoute Mekka's FE4 pairing guide

Yeah, well, no bulk and no ability to double still made her pretty bad in my book. She was better than Amid, I guess, but...

15 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

But killing Titlyu makes you a monster, so i never got Linda

1eyujy6h o