Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

while i don't necessarily disagree, the thing is, unlike Thracia, Capture isn't really needed in coquest

I mean, yeah, but that's still a crapton of cool units and a whole mechanic that you lose if you make a single mistake and get the squishy archer killed. It's what I argued before. Sure, Conquest is well designed and mistakes are most of the time on you, but at the same time, the game definitely is too unforgiving, in my humble opinion.

I wanted Haitaka, goddamnit. Is that so much to ask?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

that's what makes it good

You got it easy. You're in the game that rewards you for killing units.

...I mean, okay, no. Honestly, I love it and all, but Berwick is also rather unforgiving. Like, for example, good luck with chapter 11-2 if you lose Larentia. And if you lose Percival, Enid becomes useless. But it's still not as bad as Conquest. At least you get proper Gotohs, for one.

like, maybe that's the main reason i consider it my fav. gameplay wise

It really needs you to play almost perfectly

And yet you don't like FE12?

Okay, okay, I know, ambush reinforcements. Honestly, I can completely understand that as a reason to bash the game. Mostly because it is.

Also Ruben you should play Lunatic some time

I probably will, I'm insane enough to play FE12 lunatic.

Just now, Sooks said:

Lunatic Conquest linked ironman when?

When Gunnulf comes back with the money.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, I love it and all, but Berwick is also rather unforgiving

Yeah, and the RNG is definetly not iron man friendly

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least you get proper Gotohs, for one

If you plan your kids right they become super strong

ContxqB.png

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, and the RNG is definetly not iron man friendly

I didn't suffer a single luck-based loss in my entire Ironman. It was consistently my fault. You can absolutely make things reliable in Berwick, you just have to play smart.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If you plan your kids right they become super strong

ContxqB.png

"Planning your kids right" kinda doesn't work if you lose the optimal mother or the father. The whole point of Gotohs is to be there as insurance in case things go wrong and you lose a bunch of strong units. If you have to maintain the strong units in order to get the Gotoh, that defeats their whole purpose.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't suffer a single luck-based loss in my entire Ironman. It was consistently my fault. You can absolutely make things reliable in Berwick, you just have to play smart

i am talking more about weapon breaking and stuff like that xD

Also for some reason i feel like the RNG Is berwick is more asshole-ish than usual. Could be 1RN being 1RN yeah, but i don't remember in vestaria missing so many 80s and 90s, or getting hit often by low% hit

Edited by Shrimperor

i am talking more about weapon breaking and stuff like that xD

Well, good weapons you want to preserve can be repaired at green to minimize risks. Since the repairstone is used up less that way, it's viable.

That being said, yeah, weapons breaking on green sucks.

Also for some reason i feel like the RNG Is berwick is more asshole-ish than usual. Could be 1RN being 1RN yeah, but i don't remember in vestaria missing so many 80s and 90s, or getting hit often by low% hit

That happens. 1 RN do be like that. But if you plan your moves right, there's no need to fret over it too much.

I was gonna play chapter 10 now, but there's yet another thunderstorm going on, so I can't. But my army won't be able to escape me forever!

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When Gunnulf comes back with the money.

Spoiler

374R5Fn.png

This was my favorite scene in Banner Saga 1 that definitely happened.

In light of the thunderstorm leaving me afraid for my technological aparatuses, I have decided to read a book. A book from Wraith's late adulthood, 1921.

Just wanted to brag about how intelligent I am because I read, before the storm passes and I prove otherwise by Ironmanning Conquest's chapter 10.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

A treat to see Combattler V's glorious return to a main SRW game. I think it's last appearance was in SRW L back in 2010. Phew, an eleven year break (not counting the mobile games).

It'd be nice if it could get an official release outside East Asia, but sadly I know it's unlikely to be the case. It's practically a torture to see SRW get Steam releases now but region lock is still a thing in there. At least they're getting official English translations now, even if it's not sold worldwide.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The time has come.

Execute order 6-- I mean, let's play chapter 10. Wish me luck, guys. I and Shrimpy are gonna need it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I know this is a haha joke but like for real, trade-ins are a joke.

I traded in three games once, $15. For all three.

Oh, really? Huh, thats too bad.