• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

As far as serenes is concerned, Ruben and Shrimpy are doing a joint iron man of Conquest and Berwick, where certain units are linked to other units, so if one person gets a unit killed, their link in the other game is now also considered dead. Ruben got Niles killed like two chapters in so he lost him, Nina, Nichol, Haitaka and Kumagera. Shrimpy can’t use whoever Niles and Nina are linked to, but he can use the characters the other three were linked to because they’re mercenaries and they didn’t want the game to be completely unwinnable for Shrimpy, but he can’t permarecruit said mercenaries.

Who was linked to Niles?

Also, Armagon, how was that golden sunny demon stage?

It's already night and it's still about 39C outside.

Well, this week was gonna be quite hot. Thursday might be our annual 50C day, as it were.

My only experience with Metroid was playing Fusion once. Or at least I think it was fusion, it was really long ago. I got spooked by Edgy Samus a couple times, then I got completely lost and quit after being unable to find my way. Good gamer, right here.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Where are the rioting Smash fans that complain about the new character being to similar to Ryu/Terry!?

Not anime with a sword. Smash fans seem to have some respect for fellow fighting franchises that aren't anime-styled.

I know you weren't being serious, but... yeah, I think that's the most likely reason.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Who was linked to Niles?

You can see the whole list of linked units at the OP of the log thread.

This is the updated version after I played one chapter.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1374840/Dark_Deity/

NICEEEEEEEE
Surprise release 😄

Eyyy! As I've said before, it has not caught my attention, but do tell us what you think if you get it.

ngl, Advance wars remake art kind of looks.. bad. not bad as in ugly. but those thing that happen when going from 2D to 3D with same amount of budget with 2D.

i mean, you can still make 3D looks like 2D. but it costs more obviously, like guilty gear series

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I just got surprise 5G chip'd. Nice!

@Saint Rubenio

So in advance, in case i get some nasty side effects or something, i might not be able to play. Hopefully everything ok tho

All right, sure, but... Side effects?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, sure, but... Side effects?

Got vaccine today. Not planned as my original appointment was next week actually

Some people get severe side effects, others not so much.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Got vaccine today. Not planned as my original appointment was next week actually

Some people get severe side effects, others not so much.

Oohhhh... Shit, the 5G chip joke completely flew over my head lol

I'm sitting here watching everyone get vaccinated, and meanwhile the closest I've gotten is using the Vaccinator in TF2. Which is to say, I'm not vaccinated and I haven't the slighest idea when I'll get vaccinated. My entire family except me is vaccinated now. It's starting to get rather ridiculous.

Anyway, not to worry. If you start feeling tired or queasy or possessed by Bill Gates or something like that, I can always find something else to play while I wait for you. Like FE12. I still got the itch to play that one.

Honestly it happened suddenly as i was bringing my grand uncle to the doctor and there they suddenly said "we still have 1 dose remaining, wanna take it?" And i jump'd at the chance haha

I am already feeling a slight headache so gotta go home asap

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly it happened suddenly as i was bringing my grand uncle to the doctor and there they suddenly said "we still have 1 dose remaining, wanna take it?" And i jump'd at the chance haha

I am already feeling a slight headache so gotta fo home asap

Lucky! I'm going to have the freedom to go to places in like 2024 at this rate... Damnit and I planned to go to so many places! Like

Oh by the way, how long will you be visiting your family, if you don't mind me asking? As Brightbow graciously let me know, the Banner Saga trilogy is heavily discounted on the Nintendo Eshop right now. I just checked and it will last until the 27th. Sooooo yeah. Consider grabbing it. It's really fucking good.

There, got that out of my system. For the billionth time.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

how long will you be visiting your family, if you don't mind me asking?

Quite long while actually, since i haven't visited them in a while, so i will stay for a while there...

BUT

It will be moved to next month until after i get the 2nd shot.

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Quite long while actually, since i haven't visited them in a while, so i will stay for a while there...

BUT

It will be moved to next month until after i get the 2nd shot.

Then you have no excuse.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Your units will pay for this.

Haha

Nah seriously tho, there's so many games i wanna play in the next few weeks and i'll probably only be able to play one.

I'll decide in the next few days which game i am gonna tackle before i visit my parents

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Haha

You laugh, but you don't know what I'm capable of. Hell, I don't know what I'm capable of. Especially with a chapter like Conquest's defense map. The run might just end there.

Nah seriously tho, there's so many games i wanna play in the next few weeks and i'll probably only be able to play one.

I'll decide in the next few days which game i am gonna tackle before i visit my parents

It's all right, I completely understand.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Imagine speedrunning.

There is simply no way I could ever muster the reflexes or quick thoughts necessary for that art. My mind is as scattered as the frozen guts of a Metroid, smashed by a Super Missile. I take things at my own pace.

Other than some shinesparking moments, i'd say your relying on morely memory than reflexes.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I didn't even know that was a thing tbh.

I took 4 hours to clear Super Metroid but that's because of the stupid shit lol.

What? Everyone knows the better the time, the less Samus wears! Combined with 100% completion ofc.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Kazuya isn't anime or a swordsman, so he's fine. He also threw Marth into a volcano, which means he doesn't like Fire Emblem either.

There must be riots! Wouldn't have a smash character without em!

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not anime with a sword. Smash fans seem to have some respect for fellow fighting franchises that aren't anime-styled.

I know you weren't being serious, but... yeah, I think that's the most likely reason.

I know, i was attempting to sound shallow, much like those fans! XD

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The run might just end there.

It is what it is then. Conquest is a hard game and you aren't really an expert at it, so i don't blame you much.

It was an insane idea to begin with, especially once i start losing units as well

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I know, i was attempting to sound shallow, much like those fans! XD

Gotta say, I'd love if they added a character from BlazBlue or Skullgirls or something like that. Anime franchise but fighting game all the same? Their brains would implode.

Incidentally, I own the entire BlazBlue franchise on Steam. I haven't the faintest idea how, when or why. It's just there.

It is what it is then. Conquest is a hard game and you aren't really an expert at it, so i don't blame you much.

It was an insane idea to begin with, especially once i start losing units as well

I got you to replay Berwick. I can't say I'm too upset. Maybe go for a third run to remember what the game feels like when Ruben isn't involved?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe go for a third run to remember what the game feels like when Ruben isn't involved?

When a full randomizer happens i sure would like to replay it

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gotta say, I'd love if they added a character from BlazBlue or Skullgirls or something like that. Anime franchise but fighting game all the same? Their brains would implode.

Incidentally, I own the entire BlazBlue franchise on Steam. I haven't the faintest idea how, when or why. It's just there.

Wait, what? 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, what? 

Don't ask me. I think it was on a heavy discount, and I was for some reason in the middle of being mildly interested in fighting games so I just... grabbed it for some reason, and then I played one of them for 60 minutes and never touched it again. Judging by the "last time played" date Steam provides, this all happened while I was in college. It was a weird time for me.

Hey y'all.

Wasn't here yesterday, but I did watch the Direct.
Danganronpa comes to Switch
SMTV looks dope (legit excited for this one)
I'm eagerly awaiting "Kazuya chucking things (and people) off a cliff" memes.
Advance Wars has been resurrected, and Metroid gets a new game (both these things make Kazuya chucking Captain Falcon of all characters off that cliff kind of ironic. xD)

---

Also, six hours and 80 turns later, I can finally conclusively say (Wrongquest rant incoming)

Spoiler

Fuck Conquest Chapter 17. Fuck it straight to hell. Easy contender for "worst map in the franchise" for me.
Really, up until that point, Conquest had some annoying maps, but the deep, dark descent from "tedious, but it does have some spots of light in there" to "this is pure, agonizing torture" that is the late- and endgame starts with that Chapter. I hate it. I hate it so much.

And yes, I fucking suck at this game. I know.
Doesn't stop me from saying that this is more akin to torture instead of anything even approaching fun.

Yeah, past me wasn't wrong after all.
I did change my mind on some games from back then, both positively and negatively, but not this one.

This is also the reason I wasn't here yesterday. I was so enraged, nobody here would have liked to interact with me. XD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck Conquest Chapter 17. Fuck it straight to hell. Easy contender for "worst map in the franchise" for me.
Really, up until that point, Conquest had some annoying maps, but the deep, dark descent from "tedious, but it does have some spots of light in there" to "this is pure, agonizing torture" that is the late- and endgame starts with that Chapter. I hate it. I hate it so much.

And yes, I fucking suck at this game. I know.
Doesn't stop me from saying that this is more akin to torture instead of anything even approaching fun.

Yeah, past me wasn't wrong after all.
I did change my mind on some games from back then, both positively and negatively, but not this one.

This is also the reason I wasn't here yesterday. I was so enraged, nobody here would have liked to interact with me. XD

Past Draggy is correct, imo.

That is simply not true at all.