Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Would a LP of Crosscode be fun to watch on paper?

(video, not screenshot since I don't want to do the mistake again I did with Three Houses and Octopath Traveler)

Then I'd use this place to make its community even bigger than it already is.

Anyways about time to let myself get roasted by the sun.

Outside it's more bearable than in my overheated room anyways.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Would a LP of Crosscode be fun to watch on paper?

On video? Yeah, video would be good. Especially since a lot of CrossCode's dungeon puzzles can't really be conveyed through still images.

Okiedokie, thanks for your feedback!

I personally prefer videos to screenshots either way, so i dunno if what i say matters. XD To me, screenshot lps are too hard to follow after a while.

It depends on the game / genre for me.

Screenshot LPs work well for static RPGs like Fire Emblem (even Project X Zone 2 or Devil Survivor duology would be executable). And in some cases I also prefer watching them because empty space time like for strategical thoughts don't exist. The public only wants to see the essential, and a screenshot LP can do it better, unless you're really good in cutting videos. In my current Fire Emblem LP I only do a video LP without commentary because it's a known game just with a special challenge in which no new information are shared. Of course the time effort for making screenshot LPs is naturally higher than for video LPs.

As for Dark Deity I'm thinking about a screenshot LP for above mentioned reason.

Anyways time to go out for real, so jambuhbye for now!

Edited by Zan Partizanne

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

aeTQPHI.jpg

Absolute Chaos

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

20210617124325_1.jpg

These are from the demo? I didn't encounter either boss. Although I like the premise of a cage fight.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ys 9 is cool because it lets you be Spider-Man.

At least iirc, i remember seeing a screenshot of them swinging around or something.

From what the demo shows, you can run up walls -although they'll need to be flat, you can't step over bumps. And, you can instantly teleport to any of the red lights on the screen like the two in the second boss image I quoted above.

Two of the other "Gifts" they indicated in the demo are the gliding over big distances, and seeing invisible things ala the OoT/MM Lens of Truth- which the demo failed to really showcase I thought.

I assume there to be two more Gifts, one for each of the two other playable characters the demo didn't have. And I'll say it's a nice QoL that they didn't limit use of a particular Gift to only when you're directly controlling the character who provides it to the team.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

My ears hath been blessed.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

there was a literal fucking explosion in the living room

How?

Well, we got the first casualty of the FE12 chill run. I thought Catria got killed by two soldiers (she didn't), so I tried to cover her with Warren. He got crit. Oof.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How?

Calling it explosion is a bit much, probably. There was a flash of light and a clicking sound. We couldn't identify what had exploded.

Another math test, another F, probably.

Although this time, i think it's that my College Algebra professor is just shit. Like, setting aside the fact that i'm shit at math, he's doing a genuinely terrible job at teaching because he's one of those "memorize this shit" types.

Anyways it was really funny how in this month full of a functions and graphs, the last section came with the completely irrelevant circle equations. We didn't even graph them.

Why do circles have equations? Because somewhere in the past, mathematicians got super drunk and thought it'd be funny if they came up with the concept of "proving shapes". Because you can't just look at something and say "that's a circle. That's a square". Nope, you have to use equations to prove something that is blatantly visible hahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahah.

Next they're gonna come up with a way to "prove" that 1+1=2 hahahaha wouldn't that be funn-

"Whitehead and Russell's Principia Mathematica is famous for taking a thousand pages to prove that 1+1=2."

BRO WHAT THE FUCK!

Just now, Armagon said:

Although this time, i think it's that my College Algebra professor is just shit. Like, setting aside the fact that i'm shit at math, he's doing a genuinely terrible job at teaching because he's one of those "memorize this shit" types.

Anyways it was really funny how in this month full of a functions and graphs, the last section came with the completely irrelevant circle equations. We didn't even graph them.

Why do circles have equations? Because somewhere in the past, mathematicians got super drunk and thought it'd be funny if they came up with the concept of "proving shapes". Because you can't just look at something and say "that's a circle. That's a square". Nope, you have to use equations to prove something that is blatantly visible hahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahah.

Next they're gonna come up with a way to "prove" that 1+1=2 hahahaha wouldn't that be funn-

"Whitehead and Russell's Principia Mathematica is famous for taking a thousand pages to prove that 1+1=2."

BRO WHAT THE FUCK!

College maths are great. When I went to college my math teacher taught the class to herself. Eventually some students gathered the courage to tell her that absolutely nobody in the class understood anything she taught. She turned around and looked at them with the biggest confusion in her eyes for a second. She then said "you think you don't understand, but when the exam arrives you understand more than you think you understand", turned around and continued as if nothing happened.

It was one of multiple factors that contributed to me noping out of college.

I remember at school how my maths teacher was corrected by an other schoolmate (who signed in university before graduation). And the maths professor also was really poor, did lots of simple calculation mistakes. It didn't affect though that I like every kind of maths aside of geometry.

However in general not a maths book teaches someone, but it has to be the teacher. 

Sorry to hear that.

I know Fs from school too well, not in maths, but in English.

I don't know if it will console you, but you're in good society at least.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

Just now, Sooks said:

I like math. Back to the corner I go.

Got a problem for ya, math lover.

Spoiler

If a cart carrying 36000 pieces of gold, 1200 pouches of food and 12700 pieces of equipment for combat falls off a cliff, how many Gunnulfs are you left with?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Got a problem for ya, math lover.

Hide contents

If a cart carrying 36000 pieces of gold, 1200 pouches of food and 12700 pieces of equipment for combat falls off a cliff, how many Gunnulfs are you left with?

Well let’s see… 

Spoiler

after telling Gunnulf to let go of the cart and then forcefully telling him to do so, the cart falls to its demise with Gunnulf still standing. Presumably the ox dies, however, which would be a -1 to our Gunnulf counter, so 2 - 1 = 1.

I mean, just because the cart falls doesn’t mean Gunnulf does, what a silly question. You would make a great mathematician.

I could even help you practice:

If a game has 48 playable characters and you hand Ruben the controller, who averages everyone% of the cast killed when he plays the games, how many characters are left alive?

Edited by Sooks

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was one of multiple factors that contributed to me noping out of college.

Wait, aren't you in college still? I remember you posting about forgetting your mask on your way to class or some shit.

11 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I don't know if it will console you, but you're in good society at least.

It's fine, i'm not despairing over it.

Unlike last time, i'm not under any pressure to get at least a C. Getting even just a 60 on this course would be fine.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well let’s see… 

Hide contents

after telling Gunnulf to let go of the cart and then forcefully telling him to do so, the cart falls to its demise with Gunnulf still standing. Presumably the ox dies, however, which would be a -1 to our Gunnulf counter, so 2 - 1 = 1.

I mean, just because the cart falls doesn’t mean Gunnulf does, what a silly question. You would make a great mathematician.

I... don't think that's how it went, Sooks.

I could even help you practice:

If a game has 48 playable characters and you hand Ruben the controller, who averages everyone% of the cast killed when he plays the games, how many characters are left alive?

Ahahahahahahahahah...

Okay, let's see. On average, Ruben gets 5 units killed in easy chapters and 0 in hard chapters because he's extremely weird like that. Considering that the game has 7 difficult chapters, 11 middling chapters and 5 breather chapters, this leaves us with 11 * 2.5 + 5 * 5 = 52.5 dead units. However, Ruben is lucky sometimes, and the units dodge. Let's say 10% of the time. 52.5 * 0.1 is 5.25, which means 47.25 dead units. However, we must consider that each game has an edgelord. Edgelords must die, and Ruben will go out of his way to ensure it happens. Therefore this adds 1 to the count.

So yeah, 48 units out of 48 die, which leaves us with 0 living units. The .25 is another piece of Ruben's soul withering away. Is that correct?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, aren't you in college still? I remember you posting about forgetting your mask on your way to class or some shit.

I'm doing a programming course. Before that, I spent two years getting a Certificate of Higher Education. I hope I'm making sense, this kind of technical terminology is awkward to translate. But yeah, I've not been in college for ages. I was there only for three months four years ago. Doing economics, of all things. I learned that I despise economics.

9 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

^ Ah, good to hear.

I made a subject tierlist for fun:

A

• geography

B

• history
  • politics
  • social sciences
  • biology
  • chemistry
  • music

C

• maths
  • physics
  • religion
  • Dutch

D

• French
  • sports

E

• German

F

• English

Sports not at bottom tier.

Utterly disgraceful, what kind of nerd are you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sports not at bottom tier.

Utterly disgraceful, what kind of nerd are you.

Based on marks not, based on favor it'd be second least behind English.

I mean I enjoyed playing basketball, the only sports I enjoyed and could play decently (mainly thanks to my almost 2 m size).

Languages - with the exception of Dutch - were all cancer for me.

English was the worst thing ever, was so glad when I could deselect it two years before graduation.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Based on marks not, based on favor it'd be second least behind English.

I mean I enjoyed playing basketball, only sports I enjoyed and could play decently( mainly thanks to my almost 2 m size).

Ah, I see. Well, that's fair enough. Personally, I never did mind English too much. Mostly because even before I got into the internet I had a knack for it, and afterwards I practiced it too much not to do well in the exams. School English was always super basic, too, so I just... sort of winged it and got awesome marks every time. The only part that ever challenged me slightly was when the exam said something like "rewrite this sentence in future perfect continuous." I could use every verb tense, but I never sat down to memorize the names, so I had to guess what the exam was asking me to do, haha.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... don't think that's how it went, Sooks.

What? No, you’re definitely misremembering… That’s definitely how it went.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahahahahahah...

Okay, let's see. On average, Ruben gets 5 units killed in easy chapters and 0 in hard chapters because he's extremely weird like that. Considering that the game has 7 difficult chapters, 11 middling chapters and 5 breather chapters, this leaves us with 11 * 2.5 + 5 * 5 = 52.5 dead units. However, Ruben is lucky sometimes, and the units dodge. Let's say 10% of the time. 52.5 * 0.1 is 5.25, which means 47.25 dead units. However, we must consider that each game has an edgelord. Edgelords must die, and Ruben will go out of his way to ensure it happens. Therefore this adds 1 to the count.

So yeah, 48 units out of 48 die, which leaves us with 0 living units. The .25 is another piece of Ruben's soul withering away. Is that correct?

Shrimpy’s Berwick run is doomed.

>goes to sleep earlier than usual

>wakes up later than usual

Why, God?

12 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I made a subject tierlist for fun:

A

• geography

When you are the last virgin in the trio : titanfolk