Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, get used to shinesparking, your gonna need it.

I don't remember shinesparking being mandatory. Which means if he doesn't aim for 100%, which is his two prior Metroid runs indicates he isn't inclined to, he'll be fine. ZM has weak bosses, so missing stuff hurts a little less.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose back in the NES days they had to make things like ledge-grabbing and extended-beam-range into power-ups.

No, that didn't exist, period. Nor shooting at angles, nor crouching, nor being able to have both the Wave and Ice Beams at the same time.

-Don't play NEStroid.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Speaking of stories that destroy you emotionally, I don't think anything destroyed my heart other than Fate route's ending. Fire Punch's ending left me contemplative and was probably the most impactful, but it didn't destroy me. Read Fire Punch btw

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, really? Haha, never aimed for it or just couldn't get the requirements well?

I played without a guide, so I could never meet the requirements. I need to replay it someday

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

now go watch Fate/Zero

FTFY

I'm joking Shrimpy, I don't want to get in another discussion

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's an all ages version now!

B-but the 18+ scenes are better

Edited by Maof06

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's an all ages version now!

Well, that’s good.

Still though, if my only consolation is Anime Girl Nero and it will destroy me emotionally, I think I’ll pass. I mean I basically only have that for Omori, but the internet in general seems to think it’s really good, whereas Fate… I have never seen mention of outside of this thread. And you can’t get emotionally destroyed if your emotions are already destroyed, and I will probably play Omori first.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

According to Shrimpy they’re horrendous, I think.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Anime Girl Nero

That's not in the visual novel xD

Nero is in rock paper scissors game on the moon

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's kinda funny how Nasus best H-scene is the one with

Spoiler

The lolicat

That means Illya route would've had a good H-scene

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But instead of playing the third game in a trilogy where you have to force yourself through a really boring one, you could play the Banner Saga trilogy, where all three games are excellent.

Thankfully Xenosaga Episode III is graceful enough to provide you with full, detailed summeries of everything that happened in the prior games and additional supplementary material (A Missing Year, Pied Piper). So it's 100% to skip to Episode III and have a good time.

Anyways I checked the eShop out of curiosity and the Banner Saga games are $5 except the third one which is $9 because reasons. Don't know if I'll buy it now (I hate buying games and just letting them sit there, I say as I actually haven't opened the Switch version of Megadimension Neptunia) but it is pretty cheap. Better than each at $25 but again, I hate buying games I don't intend to play right away.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ZM has weak bosses, so missing stuff hurts a little less.

Yeah I kinda figured, seeing as how the game is already sending me to fight Kraid.

I'd do it but I wanna make more progress in PxZ.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't remember shinesparking being mandatory. Which means if he doesn't aim for 100%, which is his two prior Metroid runs indicates he isn't inclined to, he'll be fine. ZM has weak bosses, so missing stuff hurts a little less.

That's true, but it does allow the ability to get Super Missiles early, making the rest of anything a cakewalk.

Other small things about Zero Mission:

Wall jumpimg is amazing, as Samus can WJ off the same wall as many times as you want. 

Bomb Jumping is amazing as well, Fusion it is almost impossible but in ZM? Go crazy, skip to the Varia suit if it pleases you!

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, Armagon said:

Anyways I checked the eShop out of curiosity and the Banner Saga games are $5 except the third one which is $9 because reasons. Don't know if I'll buy it now (I hate buying games and just letting them sit there, I say as I actually haven't opened the Switch version of Megadimension Neptunia) but it is pretty cheap. Better than each at $25 but again, I hate buying games I don't intend to play right away.

Then play them right away.

BCuYtr1.jpg
When does the sale end btw?

Heck the best thing about Zero Mission is that you can complete the game with almost none of the powerups. Morph ball, Morph bomb, and some of the "unknown items" are the only necessary ones if I remember correctly.

Edit: forgot the power grip, pretty sure that one you cant sequence break either. And missiles.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Then play them right away.

BCuYtr1.jpg

Yeah but you see, the problem with that is

Screenshot_3829.png

rotation is full. And it's gonna be full for a while, as all three of these games have sequels that intend to play.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When does the sale end btw?

Like in 3 days lol. 

Just now, Sooks said:

…Armagon, get going with zero mission and whatever its sequel is.

I have to spend $40 on Samus Returns and then another $40 on Project X Zone 2 and then another $40 on Atelier Lydie & Sulle DX.

....those last two won't happen for quite a while tho.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

According to Shrimpy they’re horrendous, I think.

They are. It's just that the alternatives are worse.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The lolicat

It's because Takeuchi wrote Tsukihime's H scenes  

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have to spend $40 on Samus Returns and then another $40 on Project X Zone 2 and then another $40 on Atelier Lydie & Sulle DX.

....those last two won't happen for quite a while tho.

Just win the lottery then.

Just now, Sooks said:

Just win the lottery then.

I mean, I have more than enough money to spend $120 in one go.

Do I want to is the different matter and the answer is no.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

have to spend $40 on Samus Returns

Have to is such a string phrase when a beautiful thing called emulation is right there at your fingertips.

And conveniently, Samus Returns is one of the few games that runs perfectly in Citra emulator.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Have to is such a string phrase when a beautiful thing called emulation is right there at your fingertips.

And conveniently, Samus Returns is one of the few games that runs perfectly in Citra emulator.

Oh yeah, and 5 x 3 is not greater than 40, so…

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

LOL i'm not emulating Samus Returns, a game that requires reflexes, on an emulation software that suffers occasional framedips. Especially since Citra doesn't have controller support by default and you have to install some additional things for that to work.

Besides, it's too soon to be emulating 3DS games. "But Armagon, you're emulating Project X Zone" yeah that's because the game goes for higher than it should because it's not accessible anymore.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, and 5 x 3 is not greater than 40, so…

What?