Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Benice said:

...WOT?

Oh dang. I may pick Gamepass up, then! Even if I only ever play Kiwami 1 and the remastered collection, that's still, like, 250+ hours of content!

yes

Not all games are available on PC gamepass tho (although iam pretty sure all Yakuza games are part of PC gamepass)

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Now I'm reminded I should finally get her once I reach Ch11 of VS.

But I still need to start Ch10. Well, between the move and then the vaccine... not enough time lately.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And even then, that’s not as easy as knowing not to call Fasolt and Hakon idiots to convince them to go along with the plan when the whole reason they didn’t accept was because they found it insulting.

....okay, yeah, I gotta admit, that was an embarrassing blunder.

23 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

mean, who would I have been Leon up with? The little Hoshidian girl? The little "did I mention I am several hundred years old" girl? The one wearing a stripper version of a bridal goon? The one who is actually supposed to be a murderhappy sociopath?

I paired him with the regular-looking maid.

Funnily enough, he acted kinda like a terrible father with her, too. She was like "I wanna be a maid even though I'm clumsy!" and throughout the entire support he responded with "no, you're terrible at it, you must instead be a military commander." Yeah, way to go, Leo, just tell her she can never realize her dreams to her face, that's very nice.

Fucking asshole just sucks. Why would anyone marry him? He's the most unlikeable character in the goddamned game. If anything he deserves Peri. Forrest doesn't, though.

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Huh, If you say so.

Hey, whatever works. Xd

Sorry.

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

To think that Juni of all people would end up "taking candy from strangers".

Besides the street smarts you would expect her to have, she also has extreme trust issues. By her own admission, she is scared of Xeno, probably the nicest guy in Liberia. There is just no way that she would have trusted slaver guy of all people.

Kaga wanted underage sexual assault in his game so badly he made her break character for it. And even if you don't let her, not to worry, Lyria's right there.

Fuck, I like TRS but Kaga was out of his mind.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Kaga wanted underage sexual assault in his game so badly he made her break character for it. And even if you don't let her, not to worry, Lyria's right there.

Fuck, I like TRS but Kaga was out of his mind.

Kaga is secretly the writer of the cursed 6 numbers all along

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If anything he deserves Peri.

Leo and Peri’s support is hilarious, I would recommend.

Spoiler

• Leo: You are strong, it's true. But there is some opposition even you can't overcome. Many people will not accept your nature.
  • Peri: What nature? What are you talking about?
  • Leo: Your enthusiasm for killing innocents. It will cause you to be widely reviled.
  • Peri: Hmmm... really?
  • Leo: So much so that you may find yourself marked for death as a result.
  • Peri: Huh? Why?
  • Leo: I don't want to see that happen. If you spend the rest of your life with me, I'll do everything I can to prevent it.
  • Peri: Wow, you really want me to stick that close?
  • Leo: That's the only way I can see to fend off these who don't understand you. I want to protect you, Peri. Forever. So... will you marry me?”

This is after three conversations of him yelling at her and telling her that her killing whoever she wants is not okay, btw.

Forrest doesn't, though.

Very, very true.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

....okay, yeah, I gotta admit, that was an embarrassing blunder.

It’s okay, so was 

Spoiler

seeing the options with the baby and going “Nope that will never work, how would they take kindly to use taking one of their children?” And not thinking about it all from a gameplay perspective, but then going “oh well it’s okay, they would never kill the main character anyway”.

Edited by Sooks

Just popping in to inform y'all that Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, a Good Video Game ™️ is on sale for only 3 bucks on Steam.

Y'all should give it a try, mayhaps.

:v

What's this "Banner Saga" looks like?

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kaga is secretly the writer of the cursed 6 numbers all along

If it's what I'm thinking, I need to say it's not even his worst work.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Reveal hidden contents

• Leo: You are strong, it's true. But there is some opposition even you can't overcome. Many people will not accept your nature.
  • Leo: Your enthusiasm for killing innocents. It will cause you to be widely reviled.
  • Leo: I don't want to see that happen. If you spend the rest of your life with me, I'll do everything I can to prevent it.
  • Leo: That's the only way I can see to fend off these who don't understand you. I want to protect you, Peri. Forever. So... will you marry me?”

This is after three conversations of him yelling at her and telling her that her killing whoever she wants is not okay, btw.

This is wonderful.

I love that no matter how cynical I am about modern Fire Emblem, it always manages to somehow be even worse then I could have imagined.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

his is after three conversations of him yelling at her and telling her that her killing whoever she wants is not okay, bt

what the fuck is that convo how can something be so illogical

1 minute ago, Robert Stewart said:

Just popping in to inform y'all that Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, a Good Video Game ™️ is on sale for only 3 bucks on Steam.

Y'all should give it a try, mayhaps.

:v

84SFhZd.png

got it a while ago but didn't play it yet. Wanna do it after Zwei AA...

Zwei AA isn'T as fun as Zwei II tho sadly...

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

If it's what I'm thinking, I need to say it's not even his worst work.

...there's worse?

Gurumin... I remember getting it for free. Part of a promotion or so when it first hit Steam, if I recall.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh shit, I completely forgot about her. I really suppressed the memory of clumsy French maid who is clumsy.

And her twin sister, who...

Actually, I have no idea what Flora is as a character. She's a maid, she's Felicia's sister and her Japanese death quote was amazing but then Treehouse butchered it, as they tend to do. That's all I know.

Anyway, Felicia is, as I found out in my run with Shrimpy, the reason male Corrin sucks ass. She's so much worse than Jakob early on, it's not even funny.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hide contents

Being a clumsy maid: absolutely terrible, you're useless in this line of work, cease and desist.

Dressing up in girly clothes: you're a disgrace.

Being a murderer: ya you're okay girl, please fuck me.

God, I hate this guy.

Very, very true.

Too true. Forrest does not deserve his father.

It’s okay, so was 

Hide contents

seeing the options with the baby and going “Nope that will never work, how would they take kindly to use taking on of their children?” And not thinking about it all from a gameplay perspective, but then going “oh well it’s okay, they would never kill the main character anyway”.

It's a miracle we both saved the world with these levels of decision-making.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's almost 2 AM, I can't do it now 

@Sooks

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, Felicia is, as I found out in my run with Shrimpy, the reason male Corrin sucks ass. She's so much worse than Jakob early o

never used Jakob/fem corncob and i am doing absolutely fine

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...there's worse?

There are always worse things. I would link a blog explaining the differences between the two, but I don't think this environment is, err, appropriate.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's always tomorrow. I won't buy anything until July anyway.

Me: I'll go check on the Gamepass website to see if the Yakuza games are on it for PC

[Sees Yakuza Remastered collection there]

First thing I see when I open up the quick look tab:

ZF0hk74.png

Oh dear.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Sooks

Oh? Yeah, I got this. *cracks knuckles*

36 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Banner Saga is a trilogy (The Banner Saga, Banner Saga 2 and Banner Saga 3) of SRPGs for PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One. They’re about a world loosely inspired by Norse mythology facing what looks like the end of the world, and you must successfully lead several caravans during these trying times. When you first start a new save, the game will tell you that your choices matter, and unlike most games that say that, they do definitely matter. From minor events that come up randomly throughout the story, which will just affect your resources or how many clansmen/fighters/varl (a race of giants) are in your caravan, to story events that can get playable characters killed off permanently, to choices that literally decide the fate of the world at the end of the trilogy (and some of these minor events do play a role in whether or not you ruin the world at the end of the trilogy), so choose carefully! But in between those choices is, of course, the SRPG gameplay. It’s a little different than the standard SRPG gameplay, but very good, in my opinion. You decide the turn order of your party (up to six units) at the beginning of each battle, and the enemy also has a set turn order. The game will always alternate between enemy and player units every turn, unless either of you only has one unit left. Once you’re actually moving your characters, you deal with armor and strength. Strength serves as both damage dealt and HP, if a character gets their strength dropped to zero they’re defeated for that battle, but strength is protected by your armor stat. The more armor a unit has, the less damage they will take, but you can do damage to an enemy’s armor first, increasing the amount of strength damage you do. You have to think carefully about your decisions in battle too, because unlike many games, you can lose battles but the story will progress and acknowledge it, there is only one battle in the entire trilogy that you absolutely have to win. Such losses can result in playable characters dying or failure to accomplish a goal that would have gotten you more resources, people in your caravan, etc. And you probably will lose at least a few times, because the standard normal difficulty is excellent, tough but fair. It’s elevated by a beautiful, hand drawn art-style, a pretty good, well written story, and really likable characters. I couldn’t recommend it more.

Edited by Sooks

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

inspired by Norse mythology

That's it. You got me.