• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ecclesia never required random drops for anything. And so far this is the only instance where it's happened in Bloodstained. Which is a shame, but... well, I haven't seen the room yet. Perhaps it really is as straightforward as Acacia says, though I still question the need to make the player grind for a progression item when they could just put it in a statue or a boss like all the rest.

Ecclesia most certainly felt like a step in the right direction after the clusterfucks that were Portrait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow.
Dawn of Sorrow gives you extremely little loot that's not randomly dropped. Any decent weapon requires you to use the game's crafting system, which of course runs on materials that are only ever randomly dropped.
And Portrait of Ruin had the worst sidequest system ever.

It sucks that some runes are random drops, and extremely rare ones at that, but there are plenty of genuine hidden goodies, which is lovely.
It helps that after you absorb the laser in Dracula's Castle, you essentially don't need anything else. Like, there is really no point to grind for a level 3 Sword glyph. It's just inferior in every way.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Shrimperor said:

it has it's advantages and disadvantages, honestly.

An advantage is definitely that you don't see a name like Hummel in an otherwise Japanese/English game, and immediately think of the adorable fuzzy little insects that make a lot of noise when they fly by. Which then doesn't cause you to be almost unable to take this seemingly edgy double of a certain someone seriously anymore, especially if he really turns out to be as edgy as his first impression makes him out to be.
If there is an option to put that guy in a bumblebee costume, I will take that option, is what I'm saying. xD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

An advantage is definitely that you don't see a name like Hummel in an otherwise Japanese/English game, and immediately think of the adorable fuzzy little insects that make a lot of noise when they fly by. Which then doesn't cause you to be almost unable to take this seemingly edgy double of a certain someone seriously anymore, especially if he really turns out to be as edgy as his first impression makes him out to be.
If there is an option to put that guy in a bumblebee costume, I will take that option, is what I'm saying. xD

lmao xD

they do have costume DLC, but dunno if a bumblebee was one of them haha

It's honestly silly how good Nitesco is. As a Fire/Light dual typing it's essentially effective against everything. There is most certainly not a single enemy that actually resists it. It really makes all those other glyph drops in the Castle completely redundant.
Fire is also effective against an absurd amount of opponents. It's like everything is vulnerable to fire unless it's demonic in nature, at which point it's vulnerable to light. It's virtually perfect coverage.

That's kind of the weird thing with the elemental resistances in Castlevania: Nothing resists light while basically everything resists dark. It's hilariously unbalanced.

Edited by BrightBow

Everyone, stop!

I have decided that, since I'm still a bit peeved about my own idiocy, I will play FE12 for a nice change of pace.

Ready the lewds. Or don't. It is irrelevant. I won't lose anyone today.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Never underestimate the power of Derrick over Ruben.

That will be a useful tool in the future.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone, stop!

I have decided that, since I'm still a bit peeved about my own idiocy, I will play FE12 for a nice change of pace.

Ready the lewds. Or don't. It is irrelevant. I won't lose anyone today.

Inb4 idiocy follows you to fe12 and everyone dies.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, I got this dancer Sheela.

I guess it's a start.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Inb4 idiocy follows you to fe12 and everyone dies.

Idiocy has indeed followed me to FE12. I have spent the past 15 minutes at the drill grounds, using save states and RNG manipulation to make this happen.

82m5qm9l o

I mean, technically it would've been possible without, it just would've taken longer.

Now watch him die instantly like Sheena.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You have committed a grave sin.

It's the drill grounds. C'mon.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''Ironman''

It's the fucking drill grounds. C'mon.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

This one might be too lewd even for this thread.

Holy shit, dude, you're going to get banned at this rate.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's the drill grounds. C'mon.

It's the fucking drill grounds. C'mon.

What are those? I mean, I doubt they excuse it, but what are they?

Arena on the preparations screen, if I recall. Gotta pay as usual, so you can't grind endlessly and save-scum. Or just a flat boost for the chapter.

I'm mixing them up, likely. But there is also an Arena in there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Arena that you can access from the pre-map menus. Very easy to abuse for grinding.

Damn it, Bamco. They did it for Scarlet Nexus too.

I do find it funny how people can die in the drill grounds. Like, what's the point? Who in the world is going to just accept a friggin' drill grounds death?

Me, sure, yeah, I'm supposed to be Ironmanning. Please forgive me for wanting to use Roshea.

Anyway, I have performed The Strat.

Ohh9ob2x o

Malice will face tank this point for 18 turns until the closest two enemies have no weapons left, then I'll leave, I dunno, Frost or something plugging the gap. Anything else will result in my terrible death. And I don't want to suffer a terrible death.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Arena on the preparations screen, if I recall. Gotta pay as usual, so you can't grind endlessly and save-scum. Or just a flat boost for the chapter.

I'm mixing them up, likely. But there is also an Arena in there.

If your units lose there, are they dead?

Ninja’d

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do find it funny how people can die in the drill grounds. Like, what's the point? Who in the world is going to just accept a friggin' drill grounds death?

"Welcome to the drill grounds. Here we will kill you... for a fee."

Oh, I almost forgot. I sent Midia to save, without realizing that left her just one tile short of safety. So she went to Astram's side. Boohoo.

If your units lose there, are they dead?

Yes. Cry me a river for breaking the rules. Go ahead.