Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

England is also a noodle troop this year, soo...

That's my biggest fear right there.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

dw the game is 18 o'clock, so it shouldn't effect your sleep that much as it will at most end at 21 o'clock

You underestimate how... party- and noise-happy people around the area I live in are.
But I hope it won't come to that.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did you ever hate a teddy bear so much you want to strangle him?

Well, I mean, when I was a kid a teddy bear gave me a fear of blood that wouldn't go away until many years later.

...I should probably elaborate on that, shouldn't I... Basically, when I was like 6 or 7, I went to a friend's house (well, more like a "friend", we weren't friends for very long, but that's an unrelated story) and he showed me the videogames in his computer. There was this game that had an image of a teddy bear with a dagger stabbed in its gut and lots of blood pouring out of the wound, and after a few seconds the bear's eyes began to glow red. As an impressionable 6 year old, it left me quite shaken, and I developed a phobia of blood. Even the tiniest bit of fictional gore was enough to scare the crap out of me. Thankfully, I grew out of it, but it wasn't pleasant while it lasted.

Even to this day, I vividly remember the image, though at this point it intrigues me more than anything. I never knew what game it was, and I don't recall anything beyond that single image and a couple of confused memories that might be unrelated or a product of my imagination. Heck, I'd be tempted to believe that I dreamed the whole episode if my mother didn't confirm it actually happened.

So, bottom line, yeah, I very much would've liked to strangle the memory of that thing out of my mind. Sheesh.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The super-linearity and overuse of fantasy jargon controversies weighed down the game at the time at least. Critical reviews were overwhelmingly positive back in the day, which could possibly be chalked up to the famed franchise itself (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon all share in this review bias), but IIRC, the game attracted heavy criticism by the fanbase at large.

-Although I could play the game and see it for myself, I've had a copy of it for years sitting unplayed. I'm expecting disappointment, but I'll keep an open mind.

I think the whole "overly linear" thing is overblown. And besides, FFX is exactly the same way and people give that game a pass, and i'd say that XIII's characters are much more engaging overall personally.

If you're mindset is "i won't enjoy it", you more than likely won't enjoy it.

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You underestimate how... party- and noise-happy people around the area I live in are.

you live near a pub or a centeral place?

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I mean, when I was a kid a teddy bear gave me a fear of blood that wouldn't go away until many years later.

...I should probably elaborate on that, shouldn't I... Basically, when I was like 6 or 7, I went to a friend's house (well, more like a "friend", we weren't friends for very long, but that's an unrelated story) and he showed me the videogames in his computer. There was this game that had an image of a teddy bear with a dagger stabbed in its gut and lots of blood pouring out of the wound, and after a few seconds the bear's eyes began to glow red. As an impressionable 6 year old, it left me quite shaken, and I developed a phobia of blood. Even the tiniest bit of fictional gore was enough to scare the crap out of me. Thankfully, I grew out of it, but it wasn't pleasant while it lasted.

Even to this day, I vividly remember the image, though at this point it intrigues me more than anything. I never knew what game it was, and I don't recall anything beyond that single image and a couple of confused memories that might be unrelated or a product of my imagination. Heck, I'd be tempted to believe that I dreamed the whole episode if my mother didn't confirm it actually happened.

So, bottom line, yeah, I very much would've liked to strangle the memory of that thing out of my mind. Sheesh.

oh wow. That feels like somehting out of a horror film

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I think the whole "overly linear" thing is overblown. And besides, FFX is exactly the same way and people give that game a pass, and i'd say that XIII's characters are much more engaging overall personally.

As someone who has completely 100% completed both, and done multiple playthroughs, i still believe that XIII is much more "concrete" than X. 

The battle system alone in X kills the game for me. XIII has a much higher difficulty as well, it's pretty unforgiving even earlygame.

I find it hilarious that Samus' Power Suit has her boosters on the back but it's never used, usually because Space Jump already exists.

Why are they there then? 

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you're curious, post about this in r/tipofmytounge. It's a subreddit for this exact kind of thing, where you remember something but have no idea what it actually was.

Don't know if you'll get a proper answer but worth a shot I suppose.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

If you're curious, post about this in r/tipofmytounge. It's a subreddit for this exact kind of thing, where you remember something but have no idea what it actually was.

Don't know if you'll get a proper answer but worth a shot I suppose.

You know, that's not a bad idea. Maybe I will. It's been enough years, I'd like some closure on that.

Not now, though. Now is the time to give Bloodless a couple attempts before lunch.

Well at least the new Smash character comes with a "balance" patch so i can look forward to being disappointed by ninty since they obviously can't do the job. XD

Nintendo has 6574 employees. Interesting, but not very meaningful without knowing the numbers of other companies.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I think the whole "overly linear" thing is overblown. And besides, FFX is exactly the same way and people give that game a pass

Used to at least, a few individuals might've realized in retrospect FFX was where the linearity problem began.

and i'd say that XIII's characters are much more engaging overall personally.

I've largely forgotten X's cast by this point. Kimahri = total filler, Lulu = inoffensive and subdued, Wakka = ignorant bumpkin bro, Tidus = He Whose Name is Never Once Said, Auron = serious, coolness tryhard, Rikku = worse in X-2. I forget my thoughts on Yuna.

But regardless, I can't say I love them myself.

The battle system alone in X kills the game for me. XIII has a much higher difficulty as well, it's pretty unforgiving even earlygame.

Besides the postgame HP bloat on the bosses, X's maingame suffers from a lot of the bosses, at least through the first half of the story, being overly scripted and hence easy. And randoms until like what, inside Sin, are a breeze as using the correct character- Lulu on elements, Tidus on agile ground, Wakka on flying, Auron on armored, Rikku on machines, everything often dies in one hit if you follow this. So I'd agree here.

I know, self-fulfilling prophecy and all. Never a good thing.

Keep in mind when I was listing "bad FFs" I included XV as an alternative option, and pre-A Realm Reborn XIV as a second alternative. And you can't say original XIV wasn't bad, because how would you know otherwise, if it no longer exists?😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you. I haven't played FE12 yet!

Fear the animu.

Even though I was just sharing it to share great art.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Here's the actual source FYI

Nice. Thanks fro sharing it.

Just now, Armagon said:

Wait what?

When the game begins, Tidus has to sign his name on a sports ball for an adoring fan, allow you to choose what his name will be.

The problem, is that FFX is the first Final Fantasy with voice acting, full story scenes voice acting.

Since Tidus's name was bizarrely selectable, unlike every other character in the game, but like every prior playable FF character from I to IX (MC and not), they can't voice-act people saying his name. Instead, they have to refer him indirectly- "he", "him" and that kind of stuff.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've largely forgotten X's cast by this point. Kimahri = total filler, Lulu = inoffensive and subdued, Wakka = ignorant bumpkin bro, Tidus = He Whose Name is Never Once Said, Auron = serious, coolness tryhard, Rikku = worse in X-2. I forget my thoughts on Yuna.

But regardless, I can't say I love them myself.

Besides the postgame HP bloat on the bosses, X's maingame suffers from a lot of the bosses, at least through the first half of the story, being overly scripted and hence easy. And randoms until like what, inside Sin, are a breeze as using the correct character- Lulu on elements, Tidus on agile ground, Wakka on flying, Auron on armored, Rikku on machines, everything often dies in one hit if you follow this. So I'd agree here.

I know, self-fulfilling prophecy and all. Never a good thing.

Keep in mind when I was listing "bad FFs" I included XV as an alternative option, and pre-A Realm Reborn XIV as a second alternative. And you can't say original XIV wasn't bad, because how would you know otherwise, if it no longer exists?😛

Fair points!

Me neither.

The last part of your reason that characters kill X enemy is exactly why I cant stand it. Its just repetitive after a while, and it almost never changes.

Well, if anything, if you like faster paced battle a la the early FF games, I think you would slightly enjoy its system at least.

okay, so I'm starting to notice a problem with Bloodless.

You see, the blood rain attack is 100% luck. Not for the reasons Armagon described. The umbrellas reliably block the rain in a quite generous range.

The problem is that the fucking bitch jumps under the umbrella with me, and when she does that it's a guaranteed loss, because either she hits me, or I have to move out of the umbrella to dodge and the rain hits me.

I must be clocking over 2 hours on this boss now. Fuck my life.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When the game begins, Tidus has to sign his name on a sports ball for an adoring fan, allow you to choose what his name will be.

The problem, is that FFX is the first Final Fantasy with voice acting, full story scenes voice acting.

Since Tidus's name was bizarrely selectable, unlike every other character in the game, but like every prior playable FF character from I to IX (MC and not), they can't voice-act people saying his name. Instead, they have to refer him indirectly- "he", "him" and that kind of stuff.

Ah yeah. Normally in this situation, games would substitute a name with a title. Like "Professor" for Byleth or "Rook" for Cross.

But referring to the character indirectly.....yeah, i can see the issue.

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

61 btw

61 what? Age? Cookie jars?

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nice going, Nintendo

>No new F-Zero

>Brand-new 2D Metroid

EGcM5BxXUAAcXjY.jpg

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must be clocking over 2 hours on this boss now. Fuck my life.

Welcome to my pain?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Welcome to my pain?

This wouldn't even be a problem if I wasn't a moron who insists on getting those flawless medals. If I just gave up on that this wouldn't take me two tries.