Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

2*

They bought the Geofront TL

Oh they just straight-up bought it? I thought they just got the Geofront guys onboard.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh they just straight-up bought it? I thought they just got the Geofront guys onboard.

they bought it and might edit it, i think

doesn't justify the wait at all, especially since they won't dub the games

Just now, Shrimperor said:

they bought it and might edit it, i think

doesn't justify the wait at all, especially since they won't dub the games

Ok then yeah, there's absolutely no reason it should take until 2020 at the earliest.

Unless it's like a mandate from Falcom or some shit. Cause otherwise, the work is already done, potential edits aside.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok then yeah, there's absolutely no reason it should take until 2020 at the earliest.

Unless it's like a mandate from Falcom or some shit. Cause otherwise, the work is already done, potential edits aside.

Honestly, they should captalized on the current Momentum Trails has in the west and release CS5 this year and Kuro next year.

Instead they are making people wait 3 years for Haji. From 2020 to 2023...

it's unexcusable

Edited by Shrimperor

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GGs.png?width=769&height=432

GGs2.png?width=486&height=432

It's settled, then. You're officially my worst enemy.

Like even if you make the argument that Trails has way, way too much text, like, that's still too long a wait.

Fun fact: Berwick Saga's translator, Aethin, had the whole script of Berwick done and released in roughly 3 years. He worked alone, with only the help of a programmer who did no work on the script itself, and Berwick is also a rather text heavy game with a wonky internal structure to make matters worse.

They really have no excuse, is what I'm saying. Well, that, and Aethin is awesome. That's something I don't say enough.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Moulder's not that old...

Well, no, but he counts.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, technically people like Wendel and Boah count... also, did you just forgot to mention Frost?

They're all prepromotes. I mean earlygame staffbots that aren't Lena recolors. Those are the real rare ones. Even Wendell only fits the first part.

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not enough, Ruben. Not. Enough.

Yeah, well, I disagree. Variety is the spice of life. We can't keep getting lame Lena recolors. It's boring. They're all boring.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

792783082833969153.gif?v=1792783082833969153.gif?v=1792783082833969153.gif?v=1

Well I guess I'll just wait for the Director's Cut then. Well I still don't have a PS4 yet lol.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's unexcusable

Indeed.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's settled, then.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact: Berwick Saga's translator, Aethin, had the whole script of Berwick done and released in roughly 3 years. He worked alone, with only the help of a programmer who did no work on the script itself, and Berwick is also a rather text heavy game with a wonky internal structure to make matters worse.

Three years by one guy vs three years by an entire company who does this sort of thing.

...yeah that does put things into perspective.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not to mention Aethin did it in his free time for free. It isn't his job, so to say.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that, and Aethin is awesome.

That he is! I never met him, but his work alone says all!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That it does

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Godspeed, Sooks-kun.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Thank you! I spent an hour exploring the first dungeon, but I’m there now, so let’s see how this goes.

Project X Zone did the thing where i routed half the map and then the game said "lol now here's double the enemies as reinforcements for literally no reason" again.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Project X Zone did the thing where i routed half the map and then the game said "lol now here's double the enemies as reinforcements for literally no reason" again.

RD part 4 moment

Aaah, he heals.

It’s okay though, I won. That really was not that bad, he stopped using his offensive art once I got close to him for some reason, and from there it was just about spamming tear and fire bolt. I think that was only my third attempt.

Edited by Sooks

Yeah, I did it on purpose.

Three years by one guy vs three years by an entire company who does this sort of thing.

Not to mention, as Shrimpy said, Aethin worked on his free time. There were periods where he couldn't work on it at all because his job took up too much time. For these other dudes, translating IS their job.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not to mention Aethin did it in his free time for free. It isn't his job, so to say.

To be honest, every time I find the odd typo that's left in Berwick I get the urge to go to Aethin and be like "hey I know it's been a while but would you be up to some typo fixing?"

But then I remember the amount of work he did already and I just don't have the heart lol, it feels professional already, let it rest.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That he is! I never met him, but his work alone says all

I had quite a few interactions with him during the later stages of the translation's development and during my Berwick LP. He's a swell guy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

RD part 4 moment

It is legitimately worse in PxZ. No joke, RD Part 4 has nothing on this.

Actually considering dropping the game at this point. I will see just how much I can take of these final chapters.

First attempt on the second boss let’s goooo

Actually it might have been my second, but then I would lost very early in my first attempt. I’m having trouble remembering if I did or did not lose at the very beginning.

Edited by Sooks