Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Maybe I should just use a guide for actually finding sidequests. I mean, I’m not gonna 100% the whole game because the recipe book and monster log don’t sound fun to fill out, but doing all the side quests is something I would do…

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Benice said:

'Morning! What did I miss?

Sooks is playing Sky SC, Ruben's powering through Bloodstained and is still being tsun toward anime, and I'm hyped over the new Ghost of Tsushima expansion.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why would you buy a broken game?

Yeah, nevermind...

I thought the game was playable with the 1.23 update on PS4, but I was wrong. Damn, I even created a V in a friend's copy!

https://i.imgur.com/ZkXzHPt.png

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I approve.

Ruben always like this

mnN3GOu.png

Edited by Maof06

All right, so I have thoroughly explored the caves beneath the fountain.

...Yes, I have to agree with everyone complaining, here. The mob required to get the swimming ability (at least I'm assuming it's that glowing blue medusa thing, from what you guys said before) is some random monster that only appears in two rooms and seems as mundane as any other. There is absolutely no reason to even begin to consider that it may drop a vital progression shard, when every other shard required to make progress has been either a guaranteed drop from bosses or found on statues that are also guaranteed to drop it.

Not only that, the monster can dive and you can't, which makes it awkward to fight, and in one of the two rooms where it appears, there's a broken bridge you can use to skip the water altogether, so you have to go out of your way to fight the monster. Not very well thought out.

Now, there is one bit of smart design here: The things have the highest shard drop rate in the game according to the internet (10% before luck), and the other room that has them leads to a dead end (with a teleporter, but chances are you'll go back to that teleporter sooner or later anyway) and this time they're squarely in your way. Thus, on your way through and then back you'll fight like 8 of them. The chances of failing to get the shard from that are low. They should be nonexistent, but... yeah. It's bad, but compared to something like Aria of Sorrow's three required random drops... I'll take it.

Also, guess who went through that room and then back and didn't get the shard. My luck is something else, I swear...

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Ruben always like this

mnN3GOu.png

See, that's a good character des-- WAIT WHAT IS THAT THING ON HIS ARM--

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The chances of failing to get the shard from that are low

guess what happened with me?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, guess who went through that room and then back and didn't get the shard. My luck is something else, I swear

same yup

Bloodstained playtime according to the save files: 9 hours + 1 hour from my first failed run.

Bloodstained playtime according to Steam: 2 9   H O U R S

Considering nothing after death is counter, that means I've spent roughly 20 hours failing at the game. Think about it.

Oh, and I just realized Bloodstained has no Steam trading cards. Weird, considering even some of the tiniest, most unknown Steam games I've seen have them.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

guess what happened with me?

same yup

It really shouldn't have been left up to chance. It's so strangely inconsistent with the rest of the game, too. Every other progression shard is guaranteed. Why the heck did they do this for this particular shard? Is Iga just a fan of RNG and couldn't resist? If the swimming ability was only required to get into an optional area, that'd be fine - but there's no way that's true, because I haven't had any "ok yeah we're definitely on our way to the good ending now" moments yet. I can only assume I have to swim to proceed. But that's bullshit. Then there's also the fact that this is the one thing that Dominique gives no clues for. Yeah, the one you're most likely to miss? Thanks, girl. Real nice.

So that's another point off the rating. So far it's looking like this:

Cons:

- Bathin. Fuck him.

- The swimming shard is difficult to find.

- Johannes's voice actor has something to do with Three Houses.

Pros:

- Everything else.

- It's not anime.

@Eltosian Kadath

I think I'm going to place the Lordvessel with Frampt instead of Kaathe. I don't know which ending I will take, but I don't trust this Kaathe bloke. His covenant knights are spending all their time shanking me, and he seems to have a lot of ulterior motives. He sure ain't explaining why he wants the age of the Dark or why he wants me to follow and serve him. I dunno, I just really don't like the vibes he gives. Frampt also certainly isn't telling me the whole story, but I don't feel like he's trying to use me as blatantly as Kaathe is. Plus, he has the more useful ability of being able to eat my stuff.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why the heck did they do this for this particular shard

when i asked around some told me ''He did the same thing in one of the older games''

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can only assume I have to swim to proceed.

yup

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, that's a good character des-- WAIT WHAT IS THAT THING ON HIS ARM--

Censorship.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

@Eltosian Kadath

I think I'm going to place the Lordvessel with Frampt instead of Kaathe. I don't know which ending I will take, but I don't trust this Kaathe bloke. His covenant knights are spending all their time shanking me, and he seems to have a lot of ulterior motives. He sure ain't explaining why he wants the age of the Dark or why he wants me to follow and serve him. I dunno, I just really don't like the vibes he gives. Frampt also certainly isn't telling me the whole story, but I don't feel like he's trying to use me as blatantly as Kaathe is. Plus, he has the more useful ability of being able to eat my stuff.

You like thinking through your story choices and seeing their consequences? Boy have I got a trilogy for you!

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Censorship.

Oh.

...did you just compare me to a fucking... You know what, I'm not even going to acknowledge it.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You like thinking through your story choices and seeing their consequences? Boy have I got a trilogy for you!

Does it start with a B?

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tactics Ogre. That is all.

Tactics Ogre has one big choice. Banner Saga has tons of big choices all over the place.

Also, I liked Banner Saga's gameplay far better. But that's a matter of tastes.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tactics Ogre has one big choice. Banner Saga has tons of big choices all over the place.

thats not totally true: your choices affect alot of character receuiment/events.