Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

OH! SO YOU DID LOSE A UNIT AFTER ALL

Let's get some anime for your reading comprehension, too.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

tenor_1.gif

You get what you deserve.

At least it's not the loli.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ahahahaha…

12 hours ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Huh, after completing the quest in the mines there was a scene of two Jaegars talking and one of them had their helmet off but their back turned, so all they revealed was that they blue hair.

I wonder who that was… they’ve apparently met us before. Hmm… other than Blueblanc, what men have blue hair? Gilbert? Lol.

Hahahahaha…..

Wait, what? Is it possible to beat him here?

Edited by Sooks

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but how does a digital copy sell out?

This is just a guess, but since it's an MMORPG, maybe they don't want too many sales happening in a short long-after-release-before-major-update period as a check on surges of strain on the servers? Sounds overly sensitive -how fragile is the network that you would need this? But It's all I can come up with.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That is a beautiful collage of the unceasing ocean of titles, almost all sharing in that unchanging signature SRW boxart design- put all the toys on joyous display. So too, does one see the universality of SRW across generations of consoles by different manufacturers, including an Xbox of all things. 

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then again, the Huckebein line did went through that weird censoring phase. So perhaps having a 30th Anniversary version is like an apology.

The Huckebein is still censored, albeit with the delicacy of the name "Herlock Sholmes". As you know well, OG replaced the possibly legally-offending "Gundam heads" and renamed them Exbeins.

But, if a game has Gundam in it, which OG doesn't, I suppose there isn't a problem with having out-and-out Huckies around, since they've already given you the license to mess around with Firearm-Freedoms.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Interesting. It seems 30 is bringing back the classic old selection of "Super/Real" routes (complete with Super being on Earth and Real on Space), just without an actual variation in the protagonist mecha (maybe), assuming what they showed on PV1 is the very first game selection.

Ahaha, I keep seeing mentions of a Military Academy, now that I can read the text in English. I'm taking it the OG's are fresh from the military academy? Or maybe still in...

For the bolded- don't tell me there will be a shuttle crash this time.

Nice to hear them going back to the roots in a way (maybe they should rerelease that 2014 HD version of SRW1?). Although I ponder if the route split is what determines the usual OG mech's later game upgrade. Merge Hucky and Grungust into one? Have they tried that before? Huckgust? Grunbein? Black Hole Darkness Slash?

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That is a beautiful collage of the unceasing ocean of titles, almost all sharing in that unchanging signature SRW boxart design- put all the toys on joyous display. So too, does one see the universality of SRW across generations of consoles by different manufacturers, including an Xbox of all things. 

Ah, it's truly great.

Mhm, there's very little consoles SRW missed out on appearing. The Xbox game was a port of the NGC one. But other than that it didn't got games of its own.

The Huckebein is still censored, albeit with the delicacy of the name "Herlock Sholmes". As you know well, OG replaced the possibly legally-offending "Gundam heads" and renamed them Exbeins.

But, if a game has Gundam in it, which OG doesn't, I suppose there isn't a problem with having out-and-out Huckies around, since they've already given you the license to mess around with Firearm-Freedoms.

It's still a bit early to tell. The Huckebein made its return in SRW V, after Moon Dwellers, which is still the last OGverse game so far, and OGverse was where the Huckebein censoring began. We'd have to see until the next OGverse game to know if it's fine now, or as you say they're only skirtin the line since they have to pay the Gundam license anyway.

Then again, I've seen people comparing the Huckebein 30 with the Exbein Ashe. Hmm...

For the bolded- don't tell me there will be a shuttle crash this time.

Nice to hear them going back to the roots in a way (maybe they should rerelease that 2014 HD version of SRW1?). Although I ponder if the route split is what determines the usual OG mech's later game upgrade. Merge Hucky and Grungust into one? Have they tried that before? Huckgust? Grunbein? Black Hole Darkness Slash?

Or worse... Houses.

Uh huh. It was certainly an old staple. Well, it's hard to say. It's possible since they do state the story would change depending on the order we do the scenarios. And some might even be exclusive, like the initial Space/Earth split might be. At least, the fact they both will involve a Military Academy seems to point it's for the OGs to show up, so you won't need to play through the other scenario most likely. Unless they do it like further deviations where the protagonist you don't chose comes from the other academy. Unless 30 goes for "schödringer protagonist", like how in SRW R both Raul and Fiona are the same person just different versions. SRW OGverse made them exist at the same time as siblings, but originally they weren't. It was the same for Ingram and Viletta, by the way. In their debut game, which wasn't Alpha.

Now that would be an idea, haha. I'm surprised that hasn't been done yet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or worse... Houses.

Now, how to divide them? Real dude vs. Super girl? Big on sci-fi tech vs. big on outright magic? "Insistent on meeting new people" (meaning more new debuts and giant cast) vs. "appreciates the friends they have" (fondness for the perennial pilots & machines like the Get-Gun-Maz trifecta, with a small total roster). And a laid-back third person who wants nothing more than giant machines as expressive as Valsione? (Has Banpresto seriously not made more in the general style of it irrespective of the femininity? It'd be refreshing.)

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was the same for Ingram and Viletta, by the way. In their debut game, which wasn't Alpha.

I know, Super Hero Operations. And they were Alpha psychics (they ditched it in OG why? Yet the new guy Ing got it later?). I really did like how the two were handled in OG, it was very interesting to me at the time -albeit probably blatantly copied from some anime I haven't watched.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now, how to divide them? Real dude vs. Super girl? Big on sci-fi tech vs. big on outright magic? "Insistent on meeting new people" (meaning more new debuts and giant cast) vs. "appreciates the friends they have" (fondness for the perennial pilots & machines like the Get-Gun-Maz trifecta, with a small total roster). And a laid-back third person who wants nothing more than giant machines as expressive as Valsione? (Has Banpresto seriously not made more in the general style of it irrespective of the femininity? It'd be refreshing.)

I know, Super Hero Operations or something. And they were an Alpha psychics (they ditched it in OG why? Yet the new guy Ing gets it?). I really did like how the two were handled in OG, it was very interesting to me at the time -albeit probably blatantly copied from some mecha anime I haven't watched, or non-mecha anime, since the W numbering sounds like it was borrowed from Dragon Ball.

Maybe, but I feel like they might not so not make the Valsione less unique. Besides, as seen by Angelg, we know Ryusei will drool at them nonetheless.

Really? *Goes check* Huh, interesting. Eh? Ingram and Viletta are not involved with that W numbering. Their story isn't too disimilar from what Alpha did. Except in OG Euzzeth took some extra steps since he was aware of how his Alpha counterpart fared out on that front. Also, no Astranagant since it's one of a kind even in the multiverse and it's in Cobray's hands.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYYYYYPE

>almost 75 hours

Bro...

KdVz1XE.jpg

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh? You're challenging fate then?

Well.

At least it's one of the innocuous scenes, and not... y'know, shit like the twister scene.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYYYYYPE

Hide contents

OXYv0Tr.jpg
T9OWCSR.jpg
NHT8GTK.jpg

P9Jv8As.jpg

YES!

Also my prediction was right but this is the 20th time I’ve said that.

Hey, I just wanted to briefly interject to say

Spoiler

Great, I'm glad that he continues to be a condescending, arrogant asshole to Estelle well into the series.

That is all, carry on with your positivity.

13 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

>almost 75 hours

Bro...

Holy shit I hadn't even realized. Goodness, 75 hours of RPG gameplay... I'm glad I quit while the going was good.

13 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

KdVz1XE.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww who's a cute boy.

Fun fact of the day: this game is beautiful.

20 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

>almost 75 hours

Bro...

KdVz1XE.jpg

MAOF NOOO YOU WEREN’T SUPPOSED TO OPEN THAT NOOOO NO NO

(Cute cat though)

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I just wanted to briefly interject to say

Reveal hidden contents

Great, I'm glad that he continues to be a condescending, arrogant asshole to Estelle well into the series.

That is all, carry on with your positivity.

She did just almost get herself killed and it fits with his character because… well actually, you didn’t get far enough to see his character, so never mind, go on, innocent Ruben.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit I hadn't even realized. Goodness, 75 hours of RPG gameplay... I'm glad I quit while the going was good.

Silly Ruben, you don’t know how I play games, it was more like 10 hours of wandering around trying to achieve Sooks% by finding chests, 20 hours of reading, 40 hours of leaving the game on the pause menu and 5 hours of RPG gameplay.

Also, slight correction, 75 hours of GOOD RPG gameplay.

Just now, Sooks said:

She did just almost get herself killed and it fits with his character because… well actually, you didn’t get far enough to see his character, so never mind, go on, innocent Ruben.

I hate him anyway.

Just now, Sooks said:

Silly Ruben, you don’t know how I play games, it was more like 10 hours of wandering around trying to achieve Sooks% by finding chests, 20 hours of reading, 40 hours of leaving the game on the pause menu and 5 hours of RPG gameplay.

True, that's quite tr-- 40 HOURS OF LEAVING THE GAME ON THE PAUSE MENU!?

Just now, Sooks said:

Also, slight correction, 75 hours of GOOD RPG gameplay.

...Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh...

Holy crap, that chapter was phenomenal. The boss fight was easy and boring again, but I don’t even care (it didn’t take that long), the story is 10/10.

UYqb7g8.jpg

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hate him anyway.

(MASSIVE TRAILS IN THE SKY SC SPOILERS, DON’T OPEN IF YOU CARE ABOUT THEM)

Spoiler

Ou1UllB.jpg

a1v9jq6.jpg

hOpWind.jpg

BSvXPZu.jpg

tW9kTzg.jpg

(That last one I just threw in as a bonus)

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True, that's quite tr-- 40 HOURS OF LEAVING THE GAME ON THE PAUSE MENU!?

It was hyperbolic of course, but I always can’t shake the feeling that a lot of my playtime in games comes from me leaving it to go post on here about it or do something I need to irl.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

…Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh...

Bad Ruben.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

we postin our current RPG play hours?

RH8FrWg.jpg

Haha I spent 24 hours on Omori and even as much as I loved it I started to feel the burn out really quick when I got sidetracked by sidequests.

I'm just hopeless with this genre...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

(That last one I just threw in as a bonus)

Glad the story acknowledges it, at least.

...Uuuh, roughly 150 hours into the series.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It was hyperbolic of course, but I always can’t shake the feeling that a lot of my playtime in games comes from me leaving it to go post on here about it or do something I need to irl.

Yeah, I get that feeling too. It's a bit weird. But ultimately, playtime is just a meaningless number.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bad Ruben.

Opinionated Ruben*

And since Ruben's opinions are always right, Good Ruben*

Ooh, we we're talking about Trails playtime?

FVTjSnp.jpg

...I think I'm underqualified to play this game.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha I spent 24 hours on Omori and even as much as I loved it I started to feel the burn out really quick when I got sidetracked by sidequests.

24 is just tasting a game in that genre

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

FVTjSnp.jpg

>31 hours

most people would be at the final chapter...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

burn out really quick when I got sidetracked by sidequests.

BAD RUBEN

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Glad the story acknowledges it, at least.

...Uuuh, roughly 150 hours into the series.

Wha— No! You were supposed to focus on how cute that was! The thing you’re referring to has been acknowledged since the beginning.

You’re also overestimating my playtime in FC by a substantial amount.

This reminds me my current SoV playthrough is clocked at over 100 hours and still counting.

I'm still at only just started Act 3. Eeyup.