Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The bad part about playing Layton is that every time my parents start talking I can't concentrate, so I can't play and then I get bored. Curse my parents for wanting to communicate.

Just plug in some headphones.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAAAAAAAAAA

STOP MISSING

Berwick fan complains about missing attacks.

• Replies 177.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Just plug in some headphones.

I use a headset. The problem is that my computer is in the living room, so they're arguing right next to me and I'd rather not melt my ears by upping the volume all the way up.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Berwick fan complains about missing attacks.

Hush.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More at 11.

Meanwhile, I'll go and clear the Jefferson Memorial of Super Mutants...

So the X-Men are the baddies? 😛

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAAAAAAAAAA

STOP MISSING

What you don't want to hear driving.

Off topic, I did a driving lesson. Went alright enough.

The good thing of a healer Corrin is that I get to give all the kills to other units. Namely, Niles, because everyone else is hitting the bench when I get enough generics. Good, this way he'll have a bigger chance against Haitaka than usual.

Yes, I am going to be capturing Haitaka and Kumagera. They're cool and pretty much generics, just with portraits and slightly different growths. So I'll afford myself the technicality.

Just now, Dayni said:

Off topic, I did a driving lesson. Went alright enough.

Driving lessons are tedious. That's about it.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem is that my computer is in the living room, so they're arguing right next to me and I'd rather not melt my ears by upping the volume all the way up.

And I'm guessing you can't move the computer to your room for one reason or another?

Oh, I didn't know you could kill Flora without consequence in chapter 8. Always thought you were supposed to leave her alive. Silly me, of course Corrin would use their superpowers of non-lethality on her as well.

Anyway, prison got. I can finally begin to get generics next map. Still a little conflicted on Haitaka and Kumagera. I mean, I love them, but they're technically not generics, are they... ahh, decisions, decisions. What do you guys think?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, prison got. I can finally begin to get generics next map. Still a little conflicted on Haitaka and Kumagera. I mean, I love them, but they're technically not generics, are they... ahh, decisions, decisions. What do you guys think?

Well, what are we supposes to think?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, what are we supposes to think?

I dunno. Do they count or not? Do I use them or do I not? Are they generics or are they not? I've asked elsewhere and I got a vote for yes, but I still have time to hear more opinions while I solve this Layton puzzle. Help me out here, man, I'm too indecisive to help myself.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dunno. Do they count or not? Do I use them or do I not? Are they generics or are they not? I've asked elsewhere and I got a vote for yes, but I still have time to hear more opinions while I solve this Layton puzzle. Help me out here, man, I'm too indecisive to help myself.

Ask the person thats comparable to shit... How would I know? I dont do runs like that in FE. 

Compare it to the rest of the series. When you think about, outside being bosses that can become members of your party through a special recruitment condition, they're not too much different from how characters used to be in the old FE's. Characters with almost nothing in terms of dialogue and the like but just having a non-generic portrait.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I swear Professor Layton is harder than Conquest Lunatic.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ask the person thats comparable to shit...

Well, don't forget, you weren't just shit, you were premium shit.

How would I know? I dont do runs like that in FE. 

Fuck it, then. They count.

And you should. Fates generics are the best.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Compare it to the rest of the series. When you think about, outside being bosses that can become members of your party through a special recruitment condition, they're not too much different from how characters used to be in the old FE's. Characters with almost nothing in terms of dialogue and the like but just having a non-generic portrait.

I thank you all for humoring my indecisiveness. Now I can use the best spearman without regrets.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, don't forget, you weren't just shit, you were premium shit.

Fuck it, then. They count.

And you should. Fates generics are the best.

Thanks, Ruben, your the best. XD

No thanks.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I didn't know you could kill Flora without consequence in chapter 8. Always thought you were supposed to leave her alive. Silly me, of course Corrin would use their superpowers of non-lethality on her as well.

Yeah, silly you, literally the only time killing someone in-battle locks you out of their recruitment is Benny and Charlotte in Revelation. That’s it.

I vote no, actually, because the spirit of the generic run is for you to use more unique units. With Conquest having crazy skill combos on generics and the game randomly pulling their names from a list, I feel like teams of generics have a sort of unique personalization that Haitaka and Kumagera detract from, since everyone already knows they’re good and they’ll have the same name and skills every time. I don’t know if I articulated that well.

Edited by Sooks

Alright, now to head off to Vault 112. Though I might stay in this corner of the map to do some more errands first. I think I can do Stealing Independence and the two thirds of Chapter 3 of the Wasteland Survival Guide in one sitting before head west to Evergreen Mills.

Thanks, Ruben, your the best. XD

Of course I am.

No thanks.

Give me a B.

Give me an O.

Give me an R.

Give me an I.

Give me an N.

Give me a G.

B-O-R-I-N-G!

...You know, I'm not sure if I should use "an" or "a" for R and N. On the one hand, they're not vowels, but on the other hand, when you pronounce them they do start with a vowel. So who even knows, honestly.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, silly you, literally the only time killing someone in-battle locks you out of their recruitment is Benny and Charlotte in Revelation. That’s it.

Of course the best characters would die... Fates hates everything that is unironically good. In the story, anyway.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I vote no, actually, because the spirit of the generic run is for you to use more unique units. With Conquest having crazy skill combos on generics and the game randomly pulling their names from a list, I feel like teams of generics have a sort of unique personalization that Haitaka and Kumagera detract from, since everyone already knows they’re good and they’ll have the same name and skills every time. I don’t know if I articulated that well.

Hmmm... This is a fair point. A really fair point. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... We'll see. I can still decide while I play the chapter.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Give me a B.

Give me an O.

Give me an R.

Give me an I.

Give me an N.

Give me a G.

B-O-R-I-N-G!

Lmao.

If I ever have to imagine you cheerleading again, I will literally lose my mind.

I’m getting a little bored of Banner Saga because my units have now snowballed with enough levels to raise all of their stats and get them more skills and the game just cannot keep up. Maybe I should raise the difficulty to hard mode.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hahaha, Fallout.

Silly me forgetting AE wasn't updated yet.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You thought Fates gave a crap if you hit her? Huh, TYL.

Also, I'd say you're grand. They're still generics and according to you they've better art than the main cast anyway.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Give me a B.

Give me an O.

Give me an R.

Give me an I.

Give me an N.

Give me a G.

B-O-R-I-N-G!

...You know, I'm not sure if I should use "an" or "a" for R and N. On the one hand, they're not vowels, but on the other hand, when you pronounce them they do start with a vowel. So who even knows, honestly.

The answer is yes.

It shouldn't be.

Thanks English.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm... This is a fair point. A really fair point. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... We'll see. I can still decide while I play the chapter.

Well, to counter that, the generics don't have randomised skills.

So imo they'll always have particular skills if you capture the same unit no matter the name. This doesn't mean you have to get those bosses, just my perspective on it.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Lmao.

If I ever have to imagine you cheerleading again, I will literally lose my mind.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m getting a little bored of Banner Saga because my units have now snowballed with enough levels to raise all of their stats and get them more skills and the game just cannot keep up. Maybe I should raise the difficulty to hard mode.

Do it. It's awesome, your units are injured for 6 days of rest. And hey, you can always turn it back down to normal if you feel like it!

Do be warned, however, that the setting isn't saved. You must set it back to hard each time you reboot the game. It's a bit annoying, but oh well. Technical oddities do be like that with lower budget games.

Also, I'd say you're grand. They're still generics and according to you they've better art than the main cast anyway.

Well, to counter that, the generics don't have randomised skills.

So imo they'll always have particular skills if you capture the same unit no matter the name. This doesn't mean you have to get those bosses, just my perspective on it.

This is all true, but... Sooks brings up a fair point. This is the run where the true generics get their chance on the spotlight, to prove what they are capable of. Haitaka and Kumagera are units that I'd always use, no matter the run, so... No, I think they can take a rest in this run. An eternal rest.

...Besides, I'm going to keep a separate save for chapter 10. If I see that I can't do it without Haitaka, I'll go back.

The answer is yes.

It shouldn't be.

Thanks English.

Damn you, English...!

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well yeah, but I didn’t mean it like that, I meant more so that, other than Rallyman, people don’t really capture specific generics that everyone already knows are good, but Haitaka and Kumagera are very commonly used while also not technically being generics.

Oooooooookay, that's the third time I lose because I forgot to move Azura. Time to stop playing FE for tonight.

Well, no matter. I already know what generics I'm going to grab from this map: a spear fighter with seal defense, and a samurai with quick draw. Shame about Haitaka, but Sooks is right. I always use Haitaka. The whole point of this run is to use characters that nobody else would!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well yeah, but I didn’t mean it like that, I meant more so that, other than Rallyman, people don’t really capture specific generics that everyone already knows are good, but Haitaka and Kumagera are very commonly used while also not technically being generics.

Your arguments are very impressive, you must be very proud.

...Not sure how I'm going to handle Rallyman, to be honest. The guy arrives so late, is a full on generic, and I've never experienced him because this is my first lunatic run, so I'll grab him, fuck it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio