Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hope everyone else has been well.

I had to run to work today, and I now have a crippling addiction to Dark Souls! I've been well, though.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Apparently they experienced server issues (from lots of people trying to download the update?) and it has been delayed for an hour.

Well, back to writing I go in the meantime.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

I had to run to work today, and I now have a crippling addiction to Dark Souls! I've been well, though.

That’s good to hear.

Dark Souls, eh? Sounds fun, though I can’t say it’d be my cup of tea.

I don’t know what’s going on in introductions. More bots, maybe? I haven’t clicked on any of the threads, though.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Look up examples and you'll see.

“Adult cartoons” would probably get some… unsavory results.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ended up finishing SSHD since I was last active here.

I finished it too! I never played the original, but I did really like this one.

And now I'm finally playing through Majora's Mask, so...yeah. 440894440014348289.png?v=1

Yes, best Zelda game! I really hope you enjoy. Let me know if you need any help or advice. You are playing the remake, right?

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, best Zelda game! I really hope you enjoy

I am so far. Trying to not focus on the time limit since that's what caused me to drop the game before.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Let me know if you need any help or advice.

Thanks. I'm up to the Great Bay Temple now. I'll probably swing back and do the couple's quest before tackling that dungeon though.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You are playing the remake, right?

Yes. I don't think I could handle the save system of the original. Too unforgiving for my liking.

That and the remake actually runs at a solid frame rate and doesn't have graphics that have aged like milk.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I am so far. Trying to not focus on the time limit since that's what caused me to drop the game before.

Ah, yeah, if those bother you I could see how that would be an issue since it’s always on screen, ticking away, even if the cycle as a whole gives you a lot of time.

If you don’t already know (iirc the game doesn’t tell you), you can use the reversed song of time or whatever it’s called in game to slow down the timer (I’m pretty sure it’s just the song of time backwards, so R-L-Y-R-L-Y, I think). There’s basically no reason to ever not have it on unless you’re waiting for the bomb bag thief to show up, or something.

Thanks. I'm up to the Great Bay Temple now.

That’s a good one, I hope you enjoy. If you’re into this sort of thing, the reward for getting all the stray fairies in that dungeon is really good.

That and the remake actually runs at a solid frame rate and doesn't have graphics that have aged like milk.

OOF

I mean, true, but oof. I’ve only ever played the remake.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ah, yeah, if those bother you I could see how that would be an issue since it’s always on screen, ticking away, even if the cycle as a whole gives you a lot of time

Thinking of it as something I'm in control of helps. And it's really only an issue for me when it comes to dungeons, since those take more time than most sidequests do.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you don’t already know (iirc the game doesn’t tell you), you can use the reversed song of time or whatever it’s called in game to slow down the timer (I’m pretty sure it’s just the song of time backwards, so R-L-Y-R-L-Y, I think). There’s basically no reason to ever not have it on unless you’re waiting for the bomb bag thief to show up, or something.

Yep, I always have it on unless I need to skip forward.

I think one of the scarecrows tells you about the variations on the song of time, but I knew about it going in.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s a good one, I hope you enjoy. If you’re into this sort of thing, the reward for getting all the stray fairies in that dungeon is really good.

Hope so too. I've heard a lot of criticism thrown at it, so idk.

But I'm also that weird one who thinks the Water Temple is a great dungeon, so...

688824479220105231.png?v=1

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

OOF

I mean, true, but oof. I’ve only ever played the remake.

I can understand the reasons why those who played the original would prefer it, but as someone who's only played the remake, I can't see myself going back to the N64 version.

Gyro aiming, better saving, etc.

I'm not even a graphics junkie, but the difference is noticeable, no doubt.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

But I'm also that weird one who thinks the Water Temple is a great dungeon, so...

Oh yes, I think you‘ll love it. I also think the Water Temple is great (maybe the best in the series, it’s certainly up there and certainly the best from OoT), and I like Great Bay Temple as well, so maybe.

Another hour delayed.

My mood matches my pfp now... Back to writing... again!

Okay, finally. Looks like it's showtime! Well, I won't do much this late at night, so I'll let it update, then do a quick check up on things before fully diving into it tomorrow.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

NSFW

Hide contents

A witch that needed sperm to create a familiar for someone.

She ''took'' it from him

and they showed it. And then her dropping the stuff on the created familiar lol

Well, and average 3 sex scenes in an hour lmao. But that's the norm in american stuff anyway

American fanservice is funny. It's like the opposite of Japanese fanservice: whereas Japan has boobs and skin all over the place but doesn't go into the fun stuff too often, America has all of the sex scenes but refuses to show even a milimeter of nipple.

Then there's France, where anything goes.

I'll say, the one scene you just mentioned does go a bit further than usual... What even is that? Are you reading western hentai now? Silly Shrimpy.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, the famous "American adult cartoons stop being ugly challenge". Because damn, that applies to too many of them.

Ugly is funny. You can't have an American adult comedy without ugly. Or gross. Gross is really funny and adult too.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not Invincible tho. Invincible is based.

Invincible is quite pretty, but it suffers a bit from superhero designs and le big 'murican pride. Of course, the former is subjective. I never liked superhero designs. Why do they all have their underpants outside their pants...? And the latter doesn't even have anything to do with aesthetics, I don't know why I'm bringing it up. So yeah. Invincible is fine, looks wise. I can't say much else, I haven't watched it.

7 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

so, uh

hi  751525037349142630.png?v=1

Another return! Welcome back, mate.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

ilulu-kanna-kamui.gif

I like how half of them can't dance for shit.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

''These 2 people just met, they gotta bang!''

- Romance in american series in a nutshell

Sigurd and Deirdre are American now? This calls for the anthem.

(Fun fact: If you search "American anthem" in Youtube, the third result is the Wikipedia article of "cock and ball torture" vocoded to the American anthem. I find this fun fact to be extremely funny.)

Okay, so I have tried the infamous chapter 10 on lunatic difficulty.

I have decided to have some mercy on myself and go back to nab Haitaka. I can replace him later if I feel like it, but right now I need those defense rallies in order not to lose my mind.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Adult cartoons” would probably get some… unsavory results.

True. Turn on safe search.

Yes. I don't think I could handle the save system of the original. Too unforgiving for my liking.

I do think it's up to preference but the remake really is an improvement. Saving is the big one, because you can savescum the Goron Race.

Great Bat Temple is fine. Majora's Mask's dungeons are generally an improvement over OoT imo.

Besides, I like Metroid Other M so I can't get on anyone's case for having an unpopular opinion haha.

....oh that's right, you weren't there for that.

IMG_20210818_073703.jpg

I don't feel like playing Hunters or Federation Force so my Metroid journey is done until Dread comes out.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Invincible is quite pretty, but it suffers a bit from superhero designs and le big 'murican pride. Of course, the former is subjective. I never liked superhero designs. Why do they all have their underpants outside their pants...? And the latter doesn't even have anything to do with aesthetics, I don't know why I'm bringing it up. So yeah. Invincible is fine, looks wise. I can't say much else, I haven't watched it.

I will say the one time Invincible looks like ass is anytime CGI is used. Very noticeable but tbf, the show didn't have that big of a budget so I can let it slide.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

like how half of them can't dance for shit.

They're trying their best.

Finally in the big boys league! 5f28f8403b01c615003036fca6504712.jpg

Also, awful freeze frame, i know. But as you can see the "13" in the bottom right corner near the Health bar, that means i'm playing with all their "challenges" turned on.

I struggled alot here in Critical Mode normally, but this turns up the ante quite a bit! 

Also, someone asked if the game didnt' have chip damage? That was my damage output with two complete comboes with level 1 stats. So not too bad, really.

Edited by lightcosmo

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

I also think the Water Temple is great (maybe the best in the series, it’s certainly up there and certainly the best from OoT),

Missed this, but which one? Original or MQ?

Well, that was a very successful attempt of chapter 10.

I'm going to need to sell some things to get Odin a nosferatu tome, because Arthur and Silas are completely useless. Also, I need not to lose everyone before Takumi's fun dragon vein. I need as many sacrifices as possible for the final turns when it becomes impossible to hold the enemy off.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that was a very successful attempt of chapter 10.

I'm going to need to sell some things to get Odin a nosferatu tome, because Arthur and Silas are completely useless. Also, I need not to lose everyone before Takumi's fun dragon vein. I need as many sacrifices as possible for the final turns when it becomes impossible to hold the enemy off.

I'm curious how reassuring it would be to be apart of Ruben's army, as he openly admits someone's being fed to the wolves. Anyone could be next! XD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

(Fun fact: If you search "American anthem" in Youtube, the third result is the Wikipedia article of "cock and ball torture" vocoded to the American anthem. I find this fun fact to be extremely funny.)

The internet was a mistake.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm curious how reassuring it would be to be apart of Ruben's army, as he openly admits someone's being fed to the wolves. Anyone could be next! XD

This is why he might really like Advance Wars. Or Wargroove or something on those lines.

As for me, i refuse to continue a chapter if i lose anyone. Even if it's a unit i dislike in any form whether it's their character or their gameplay.

Edit: Except TLP Howard. I had no choice, my friend.

Edited by lightcosmo

actually disregard that statement. Lmao Howard isn't even dead, i just missed him on the roster screen! Sorry, Ruben i have no excuse anymore. I just didn't deploy him plain and simple.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Another return! Welcome back, mate.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

@twilitfalchion Welcome back!

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Missed this, but which one? Original or MQ?

I'm not Sooks, but...for me, it was only the original. I've never played MQ.

I really only see an issue presented because of the iron boots item switching deal in the N64 version. The design of the dungeon is quite good itself, if you ask me.

Tbf, I've only played that far in Ocarina 3D, so I don't have any negative memories of dealing with that.

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm not Sooks, but...for me, it was only the original. I've never played MQ.

I really only see an issue presented because of the iron boots item switching deal in the N64 version. The design of the dungeon is quite good itself, if you ask me.

Tbf, I've only played that far in Ocarina 3D, so I don't have any negative memories of dealing with that.

I've always enjoyed MQ's dungeon design better. Its not all straightforward, which imo is how puzzles should be sometimes.