• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You son of a... Leo.

Sorry, I went too far there. I apologize.

What? No, that’s not even an insult, I like Forrest.

Also @Saint Rubenio one of your videos showed up as a recommended video to watch after I clicked on some Excelblem. Only to find out you created a time paradox in BB.

The algorythm has picked me up.

If I may ask, which one? My most popular video seems to be the one where Hicks massacres Gomez. I get comments on that one occassionally, which is more than any of my other videos can say, haha.

EDIT: Oh wait I just realized what the time paradox thing means. Yeah, I'm quite proud of that one too. It was pretty fun. The hack's translator told me Zeph was supposed to leave earlier, but the event was bugged... In the original game as well as in the translation, I'm pretty sure. Either way, I got to cancel out everything past the earlygame of BB, so that's great.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

hmm

should we disallow all generics then and only allow bosses and have them linked (if possible)

I'd say so, to be honest. This just leaves Haitaka and Kumagera in Conquest and Daniela in Birthright unlinked. I'd say that's okay.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah only allowing Bosses to captured seems less abusable xD

Senno Emblem time.

With all the fanservice in Fates I'm pretty sure it always has been Senno Emblem, but I digress

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What? No, that’s not even an insult, I like Forrest.

Of course you do. It is physically impossible not to like Forrest. That man is a gem.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

39 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Aslong as i don't take Birthright

Did someone out there say ... Birthright?

https://i.imgur.com/Un3ghsZ.jpg

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Did someone out there say ... Birthright?

https://i.imgur.com/Un3ghsZ.jpg

Ewwww.

Anime.

Where are the Garon fanarts? I want Garon fanart. Preferably of him T-posing on top of his throne. I'd laugh way too hard if you managed to find such a thing.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I may ask, which one? My most popular video seems to be the one where Hicks massacres Gomez. I get comments on that one occassionally, which is more than any of my other videos can say, haha.

EDIT: Oh wait I just realized what the time paradox thing means. Yeah, I'm quite proud of that one too. It was pretty fun. The hack's translator told me Zeph was supposed to leave earlier, but the event was bugged... In the original game as well as in the translation, I'm pretty sure. Either way, I got to cancel out everything past the earlygame of BB, so that's great.

Yeah it was the Hicks one.

Then I looked in your uploads and saw you committing to a time paradox and had to watch. Feeler is a compelling argument.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Senno Emblem time.

With all the fanservice in Fates I'm pretty sure it always has been Senno Emblem, but I digress

Paralogue bosses can be linked too, to make sure nobody gets too cocky.

(Wait if someone kills a capturable boss instead of capturing would that lock them across routes?)

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's okay. Conquest's challenge isn't for everyone, and that's perfectly fine.

It was seriously fun the first time I played it though. I got the game, IIRC, soon after getting my Bachelor's Degree. The game made me feel alive, the challenge was thrilling and I couldn't get enough. I cannot deny these feelings I once had.

However, I think familiarity killed the adrenaline. As I was not as enthralled by BR, but I still was mesmerized by at least the aesthetic change from European to Japanese. On a blind first run however, all is new, how the game will go is unknown. That can prove to be a game's demise, but there nothing was so surprising and bad that CQ or BR got ruined by it, I lucked out as it was all smooth sailing.

On BR Run 2, I had come to know which characters and classes existed, having some idea of which were bad and good. On CQ Run 2, I knew every map that laid ahead of me, which is good for planning out how to prepare for each map. But at the same time, it led me to think things like "well, next up is the Kitsune chapter, ugh", not knowing it was ahead the first time made me not exaggeratedly dread it in advance. It's not to say I soured on the games, it's that but the magic of the first time had faded away.

...Now if you excuse me, I have been left with a most curious thought I want to pretend answer, that being "What value of land, in either cereal crops or precious metals, does it take to financially maintain one standardized squadron of wyvern riders at a living wage?". Military organizational structures and those of civil administration might be something that interests me I've learned reading about the theme system. If only I had concise but detailed notes on the great many systems that have existed.

As I'm bad at writing things into a void, maybe I'll try to fabricate the Thracia Kingdom's military structures. Travant seems like he'd be running an efficient system, not, to invent a hypothetical, abolishing a navy that he actually needs, or ceasing to pay the troops on your eastern frontier altogether. Nor abolishing your native army altogether and relying entirely on foreign mercenaries, some of whom you pay half the former standard wage and are nonetheless surprised when they rebel, and others whom you promise triple the money you actually pay and they end up deserting too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Pft, my brother got "banned for cheating" after joining in a game that was already finishing. Beats me why. He didn't bothered, and went over to Age of Empires II while I stayed.

It was a couple Turbine maps and one 2Fort. Oh man, one of the Turbine ones got... quite something. I was in BLU and we were winning 2-1... then I get auto-balanced. But then it was one of those sessions where sometimes they don't cap, and then quite a group formed in the intel room where they just... played around. One even asked help for an Intel Defend contract. So I was like, meh, and hanged out in the hallway outside the spawn point building a sentry. But then the truce got broken or so because I saw the kill messaging rack up again and one of ours grabbed the Intel and beelined to our side. Then I accidentally stepped on another Engie's teleport... and found myself in the BLU intel room. Empty. No defenses. So I waited, and the moment the other guy capped I quickly took the Intel and ran the heck out of there. An Engie and Scout rushed into the side-pathway, but then I still had Frontier Justice revenge crits stored so I managed to crit-kill both, rush through the central area, make the third cap and win. I was like, wow.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

yes

And since me and Sooks fail at capture...

:evil:

And that's how you ensure Elise/Sakura lives. You mad lads, I love this plan!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nor abolishing your native army altogether and relying entirely on foreign mercenaries, some of whom you pay half the former standard wage and are nonetheless surprised when they rebel, and others whom you promise triple the money you actually pay and they end up deserting too.

I mean, he seems like he'd play the role of those mercs if he was given the chance to, though due to his own ambitions he'd be much more likely to do the latter.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh god, that was the best! Now the newer players will never be able to experience the annoying Mor Ardanains! Well, they are still annoying, just not as much so.

The DIRTY casuals who joined later don't deserve to hear it imo. This post was brought to you by the #BringXCXToSwitch gang.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

q0F0qqM.png

So much muscle on a dancer. If only she wasn't stuck in E Rank hell and like 20 HP all the time xD

Well, dancing steals beat her being a combat unit, but i'd like to entertain it atleast lol

Even then, dancer caps lances at C-rank.

Don’t ask me how Azura capped lances in my Revelation playthrough (I think it was that one), I don’t know.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yes

Well, more like one of us will because only whoever Conquests will be using Niles. Niles isn’t playable in Birthright, obviously, and he barely exists in Revelation because he joins very late and is horrendously bad. Like, one of the absolute worst characters out of the massive cast level bad. Which means the Birthright and Revelation players would be using Orochi to capture, who is bad, but that’s because her speed doesn’t exist, which doesn’t really matter for capturing.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

q0F0qqM.png

So much muscle on a dancer. If only she wasn't stuck in E Rank hell and like 20 HP all the time xD

Well, dancing steals beat her being a combat unit, but i'd like to entertain it atleast lol

Azura is super weird. Her offensive stats are through the roof, but then she also has no HP, no defense and no ranks, so who cares. It's like the devs tried to do like TLP Anakin, but failed miserably. Oh, well, to be fair, it's difficult to be as cool as Anakin. As in, straight up nobody has managed yet in my eyes lol.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah it was the Hicks one.

I really have to wonder what's up with that one. Why does it get so many views compared to all the others...?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Then I looked in your uploads and saw you committing to a time paradox and had to watch. Feeler is a compelling argument.

Feeler is great. He's Bantu but kinda good, I love him. The hack in general is pretty damn great, I recommend it.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yes

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Well, more like one of us will

No.

No!

No, how fucking dare you.

Keep your hands off of Senno, you pricks!

I'll... I'll murder Elise! I'll murder Leo! I'll murder all of them! None shall survive my wrath! Do not lay a hand on my precious capturable bosses, unless it's to place them in prison where it's safe!!

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And that's how you ensure Elise/Sakura lives. You mad lads, I love this plan!

I will hold their lives hostage. Senno dies, well... Elise might just suffer a tragic, tragic accident.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

It was seriously fun the first time I played it though. I got the game, IIRC, soon after getting my Bachelor's Degree. The game made me feel alive, the challenge was thrilling and I couldn't get enough. I cannot deny these feelings I once had.

However, I think familiarity killed the adrenaline. As I was not as enthralled by BR, but I still was mesmerized by at least the aesthetic change from European to Japanese. On a blind first run however, all is new, how the game will go is unknown. That can prove to be a game's demise, but there nothing was so surprising and bad that CQ or BR got ruined by it, I lucked out as it was all smooth sailing.

On BR Run 2, I had come to know which characters and classes existed, having some idea of which were bad and good. On CQ Run 2, I knew every map that laid ahead of me, which is good for planning out how to prepare for each map. But at the same time, it led me to think things like "well, next up is the Kitsune chapter, ugh", not knowing it was ahead the first time made me not exaggeratedly dread it in advance. It's not to say I soured on the games, it's that but the magic of the first time had faded away.

Well, that's fine. Like they say, you can only play a game for the first time once. It's understandable that it'd get less interesting in the following runs.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, my brother got "banned for cheating" after joining in a game that was already finishing. Beats me why.

You sure he didn't get voted by a bot? They do that sometimes, and more often than not the players are too accustommed to instantly pressing F1 and the vote goes through. Either that, or he's a godly sniper. This is a terrible time to be a godly sniper in TF2.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was a couple Turbine maps and one 2Fort. Oh man, one of the Turbine ones got... quite something. I was in BLU and we were winning 2-1... then I get auto-balanced. But then it was one of those sessions where sometimes they don't cap, and then quite a group formed in the intel room where they just... played around. One even asked help for an Intel Defend contract. So I was like, meh, and hanged out in the hallway outside the spawn point building a sentry. But then the truce got broken or so because I saw the kill messaging rack up again and one of ours grabbed the Intel and beelined to our side. Then I accidentally stepped on another Engie's teleport... and found myself in the BLU intel room. Empty. No defenses. So I waited, and the moment the other guy capped I quickly took the Intel and ran the heck out of there. An Engie and Scout rushed into the side-pathway, but then I still had Frontier Justice revenge crits stored so I managed to crit-kill both, rush through the central area, make the third cap and win. I was like, wow.

Ctf matches are always magical in their own ways. The gamemode is really dumb, but heck if it isn't fun to play sometimes.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You sure he didn't get voted by a bot? They do that sometimes, and more often than not the players are too accustommed to instantly pressing F1 and the vote goes through. Either that, or he's a godly sniper. This is a terrible time to be a godly sniper in TF2.

Ctf matches are always magical in their own ways. The gamemode is really dumb, but heck if it isn't fun to play sometimes.

There's bots that start kicking votes? Huh, didn't knew that. Most likely. He spawned in as Soldier. Then again, right after someone else got banned for having a MLP related nickname, so... beats me again.

I can tell. It's frustrating when you have those guys refusing to cap the winning point. More than once I got auto-balanced when that happened, and sure enough, they soon cap and I lost.

One of the Turbine matches I actually went Pyro. After I got fed up with a Spy. I got close to replicating the earlier win. Was in the enemy intel room (this time by fighting our way through), grabbed intel and rushed out. Unfortunately they did got me, but I still helped get the intel closer and we won, heh.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, he seems like he'd play the role of those mercs if he was given the chance to, though due to his own ambitions he'd be much more likely to do the latter.

I felt like citing the utter stupidity of one or three Byzantine emperors during the long inglorious era of the empire's perpetual decline. It turns out that relying entirely on mercenaries is a terrible idea, at least in the 1200s-1300s AD if you're a once-great now increasing very minor/dying power. You need some native soldiers (loyal ones ofc) to keep the sellswords from turning on you. Mercenaries can fight very well, and Europe did gradually come to employ them in greater and greater numbers until they became the great majority of employed soldiers during the Early Modern period, but, it didn't work out well for near-terminal stage Byzantium.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's bots that start kicking votes? Huh, didn't knew that. Most likely. He spawned in as Soldier. Then again, right after someone else got banned for having a MLP related nickname, so... beats me again.

It could also be assholes being assholes, mind. Those also exist. Just throwing a possibility out there.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can tell. It's frustrating when you have those guys refusing to cap the winning point. More than once I got auto-balanced when that happened, and sure enough, they soon cap and I lost.

One of the Turbine matches I actually went Pyro. After I got fed up with a Spy. I got close to replicating the earlier win. Was in the enemy intel room (this time by fighting our way through), grabbed intel and rushed out. Unfortunately they did got me, but I still helped get the intel closer and we won, heh.

When I play ctf it tends to boil down to "I bumrush the intel as spy while nobody else bothers with the objective at all." Often I've brought the intel all the way back to spawn by picking it up and dying closer over the course of many, many lives without support from the team. Many people tend to take the gamemode as a pseudo-deathmatch and mostly ignore the briefcase. Then again, even when people do go after the briefcase, the gamemode goes one of two ways: Ends instantly with one team getting curbstomped, or becomes an endless stalemate until enough people get tired and leave.

Ctf's just... not very well made in TF2, haha.

IMG_20210829_175148.jpg?width=863&height

100%'ing World 9 took me like three hours, fuck 9-4 and 9-7 Star Coins.

I only have four stars on my profile because in order to get the fifth one, i need to get all normal and secret exits, which i didn't do but for all intents and purposes, i have 100%'d this game.

Anyways i have forgotten how much the World 8 overworld theme bangs

All in all, it was a very fun time replaying through this childhood classic after like a decade of not playing it. Unlike Super Mario Galaxy 2 tho, i don't think this game has held up to the point i'd consider it a masterpiece. I still love it tho and it's still the best 2D Mario but my tastes have evolved over time and this game didn't have enough to remain with the kings.

As such, i'm confident in a 9/10 score. Like if i really wanted to, i'd put on the rose-tinted glasses and give it a 10/10 but as nostalgic as this game is for me, i gotta be fair.

3 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

As a Welsh person, Nia is someone I appreciate a lot. "Shite" is a great word, and I have two Discord emotes named after it.

I'm not Welsh myself but Nia's Welsh accent is one of the main reasons why i like her so much. It truly makes her standout even among the already excellent cast.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw Fates bros., i have another blursed linked idea. With 3 peeps this time

a linked ironman of the 3 routes, with the same rules as previous one. Lunatic. Although Capture units (Niles and Orochi) are free. Revelation will use a balance patch so half the team ain't useless.

Up for it?

Aslong as i don't take Birthright

You're all cowards. I'll join but i'll play Revelation legit. 

Although i work and have college so i agree to this, don't expect me to keep up with you guys. Maybe we can work something out.

21 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

The DIRTY casuals who joined later don't deserve to hear it imo. This post was brought to you by the #BringXCXToSwitch gang.

Lmao. I can agree to this! Xd

m0uunsh.png

This is scary ffs

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You're all cowards. I'll join but i'll play Revelation legit. 

Although i work and have college so i agree to this, don't expect me to keep up with you guys. Maybe we can work something out

Maybe we can create 2 groups hah!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It could also be assholes being assholes, mind. Those also exist. Just throwing a possibility out there.

When I play ctf it tends to boil down to "I bumrush the intel as spy while nobody else bothers with the objective at all." Often I've brought the intel all the way back to spawn by picking it up and dying closer over the course of many, many lives without support from the team. Many people tend to take the gamemode as a pseudo-deathmatch and mostly ignore the briefcase. Then again, even when people do go after the briefcase, the gamemode goes one of two ways: Ends instantly with one team getting curbstomped, or becomes an endless stalemate until enough people get tired and leave.

Ctf's just... not very well made in TF2, haha.

Wouldn't surprsie me.

Certainly. Haha, I guess. Well, at least there's the other game modes. It factors that CtF doesn't have a time limit, so it lets people not quite focus on the actual objective. Like how I saw someone asking help for Contracts and it was granted.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No.

No!

No, how fucking dare you.

Keep your hands off of Senno, you pricks!

I'll... I'll murder Elise! I'll murder Leo! I'll murder all of them! None shall survive my wrath! Do not lay a hand on my precious capturable bosses, unless it's to place them in prison where it's safe!!

I will hold their lives hostage. Senno dies, well... Elise might just suffer a tragic, tragic accident.

We have to make Ruben play Birthright so he has no chance of Senno. Otherwise he would be a tad too… unpredictable.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I only have four stars on my profile because in order to get the fifth one, i need to get all normal and secret exits, which i didn't do but for all intents and purposes, i have 100%'d this game.

Smh Armagon, you need to get all the stars.