Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I mean, dayum there's not liking the handling of Spiderman in the MCU and then you're here going full Rhino against the stream. I'll tip my invisible hat (as I don't wear one most of the time)

Also, an addendum: there are a lot of people who like the TASM movies and prefer them to MCU ones. Just go into some Spidey's communities you'll see.

Edited by Ghost_06_

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

I BEAT IT

I DIDN'T EVEN NEED SAVE STATES

IT WAS PERFECT FROM START TO FINISH

AAEHAHAHAHFHAHAHAHAHFHACHHAGHAHAHAA

I am pleased.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That one is tricky...

8 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

No items in battle + play on set mode. Also, no megas.

Usually Hardcore Nuzlockes also have level caps (usually based on the next gym's ace), and I am guessing the no items in battle don't include hold items. I know those are the rules for my Nuzlocke (plus the standard Nuzlocke rules, with a species clause, but no gift pokemon clause, or shiny clause)

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Starting to feel melancholic again, and I'm not exactly sure why.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully it has passed by now...

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess I wasn't thinking tactically enough, or thought it more a chore trying to survive on two fronts than one. 

I'd consider going back and doing another CQ run to see if you're right or wrong, but I feel as though I've had enough FE Fates for years to come.

It takes a lot of strategic consideration at the start to really pull it off, as figuring out who should be on which side is the key to the whole map  (when you go for the split method), but it is a lot more fun going for the split method.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw Fates bros., i have another blursed linked idea. With 3 peeps this time

a linked ironman of the 3 routes, with the same rules as previous one. Lunatic. Although Capture units (Niles and Orochi) are free. Revelation will use a balance patch so half the team ain't useless.

Up for it?

If there is still room I will gladly join, and take any route (although oddly enough I am feeling like Birthright, in the hopes this odd run finally gives me a memorable, and enjoyable Birthright run).

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

level caps

Yes.

20 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

no items in battle don't include hold items

Held items are permitted.

20 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

no gift pokemon clause

Gift pokemon also permitted, but they count as an encounter.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

shiny clause

Shiny pokemon are literally trash why

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio you said things would become more complicated if I tried to install more than one mod. So if I wanted to install a mod to let me save in the prep screen for all three endgames + Revelation chapter 17 while keeping the shaders mod, would I need to do anything special?

Actually, there should be no problem. The endgame save mod isn't a code.ips mod. Instead of placing the files in the exefs folder, you need to create another folder in the same location as exefs called "romfs", and that's where you drop the endgame save mod. So yeah, things aren't getting complicated just yet.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That one is tricky...

Thanks! It was a bit of a mess, but we got through in the end.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahahaha

I like how the Fates one is wrong.

The Berwick one is accurate though. I do, in fact, flip out at the sight of hexagons.

8 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I don't even find them "bad". It's just that they're overall... useless. They don't serve to further the MCU nor the Spider-Man mythos. Homecoming is just shitty teenager movie with a guise of Spider-Man movie.

I found one reviewer put it that the MCU Spiderman have been great as Peter Parker movies and mediocre as Spiderman movies. It's certainly an understandable viewpoint.

5 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Also, an addendum: there are a lot of people who like the TASM movies and prefer them to MCU ones. Just go into some Spidey's communities you'll see.

I don't know if I was clear, but I do find ASm to be a bit better than it seems to be considered as.

Then again, I don't have an opinion on any of the Raimi trilogy.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

If I have to make one complaint about Spider-Verse, they turned Peni from an Evangelion homage to a generic anime reference.

As someone who has not seen Evangelion, maybe it would have worked, maybe it would have confused things, I can't say.

Excuse me, I need to vent.

Spoiler

Sorry, there are spoilers in here for Neo TWEWY.

Spoiler

It's not early game either, just so we're clear.

Spoiler

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate this game because of it, but this fight in particular just keeps on fucking my shit up. And it's not even anything endgame related.

Shoo if you don't know.

Spoiler

....You're still here, aren't you? Away if you're not past this.

Spoiler

It's after this.

Spoiler

OH FUCKING HELL I HATE IRIS CANTUS.

I DESPISE THIS FUCKING BATTLE WITH THE STONEWALLING POISONOUS BITCHASS REAPER. IT STARTS WITH THE BOSS GUARDED BY A SHIELD OF POISON SHURIKEN THAT YOU HAVE TO BREAK AT RANGE. ATTACKING UP CLOSE IS AWFUL BECAUSE YOU KEEP GETTING HIT. SHE ALSO FLOATS AROUND THE STAGE WITH THE SHIELD TO ATTACK ON OCCASION AND WILL SHOOT WHILE STANDING STILL. BREAK THE SHIELD AND THEN WHEN SHE GETS UP SHE BITCHSLAPS THOSE CLOSE RANGE FIGHTERS FOR GOOD CHUNKS OF DAMAGE. AFTER A BIT OF DAMAGE SHE'LL SUMMON ACID RAIN WHICH OF COURSE MOVES OVER THE ARENA AND HURTS WHILE SHE SHOOTS AT YOU.

AND THEN YOU GET HER HP LOW. FUCKING HELL YOU'LL REGRET IT WHEN YOU SUDDENLY SEE HER TRAP THREE OF YOUR PARTY AND THE GAME EXPECTS YOU TO FREE EACH ONE IN TURN BEFORE SHE ATTACKS THEM FOR INSANE DAMAGE, I'M LOSING > 50% OF MY MAX HP USING EQUIPMENT THAT'S BETTER THAN YOU'D HAVE AT THE TIME AND SHE STILL RENDS 4,000 DAMAGE WITH ONE HIT. IN THE STORY FIGHT YOU'RE LEFT WITH 2 UNITS TO START AND IF EITHER OF THEM DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT PIN FOR IT THAT'S CURTAINS FOR YOU. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? ONE OF THOSE CLOSE RANGE PINS IS LIKELY TO BE THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM. WHAT HAS BEEN A LIABILITY ALL FIGHT THEN BECOMES ESSENTIAL. F. F. S.

KEEP IN MIND YOU HAVE TO FIGHT THIS AT LEAST 4 TIMES FOR DROPS AND THAT'S IF YOU GET LUCKY ON THE DROPS FOR ULTIMATE BECAUSE FUCK SAKE THAT'S ANOTHER KETTLE OF FISH HERE. I DREAD THIS FIGHT BEING ANYWHERE NEAR ANOTHER DAY AND I ALREADY KNOW HOW BAD SUSUKICHI'S FIGHT WAS MADE IN IT, MEANING IT ALMOST CERTAINLY IS THERE AND I AM GOING TO DIE TO A PLANT WOMAN AREN'T I?

Spoiler

...Yeah I have had a bad time trying to fight it in postgame. Somehow I doubt any other of the boss refights will be half as bad as this.

Not gonna lie, I see all of these Inevitable End enemies and it... kinda scares me.

Elfuigi 2 deals 8 damage to Ryoma and dies in two hits. Help.

...Ahh, well. Courage. Only four maps to go. Let's go.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, I see all of these Inevitable End enemies and it... kinda scares me.

Elfuigi 2 deals 8 damage to Ryoma and dies in two hits. Help.

...Ahh, well. Courage. Only four maps to go. Let's go.

Wait

Does Fliet Corncob not benefit from 75% damage reduction on those tiles?

Ahhh.

I see.

Well... This looks like it's gonna be fun.

Hooooo boy... The only one who has Shurikenbreaker is Zhara, goddamnit...

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait

Does Fliet Corncob not benefit from 75% damage reduction on those tiles?

As it turns out, I lied. He only dies in 5 hits, so that's great!

...He also only deals 4 damage. Sooo yeah. I'm not getting out of this one that way.

As it turns out, I lied. He only dies in 5 hits, so that's great

Hopefully you have enough vulns Ü

The only one who has Shurikenbreaker is Zhara

Yeah that skill essential. I had Nina extra made with high level eugenics just for this map lmao

Edited by Shrimperor

Okay, hold on.

With a rally from Rallyman, Elfuigi 2 deals 10 damage with the silver bow. He can deal an additional 10 if he procs the Dragon Whatever skill twice. Then he just has to run back, wait a turn, get rallied again, go back to Ryoma and try again. The healing tiles are thankfully super weak, so he's not able to heal all the damage back.

Assuming he does not proc Astra or crits, this will kill Ryoma in a crapton of turns. If I'm really desperate, I can reclass him to sniper, which will increase his power a bit too.

I really would rather not resort to this stupidity, but... Holy shit, the rest of the map is just... No.

Yeah that skill essential. I had Nina extra made with high level eugenics just for this map lmao

Good game design.

Honestly though, what is this? The map was already hell in hard mode, but at least it felt... doable lol. This is giving me some faint flashbacks to Thracia chapter 21, a map where you similarly had to skip it or it was nigh impossible.

Goodness me... Do I dare ask the question? I know I say this every map, but... Well, I can't see how one could do this, haha.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do I dare ask the question? I know I say this every map, but... Well, I can't see how one could do this, haha.

On the left side double entrap use (for Spy yumi peeps) and a freeze or two solves the problem

On the right side...

EhJwjp6.png

So yeah it's not impossible, but super hard xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

On the left side double entrap use (for Spy yumi peeps) and a freeze or two solves the problem

On the right side...

EhJwjp6.png

So yeah it's not impossible

Right.

I think I'll try killing Ryoma, and then, after I've got a save on chapter 26, maybe I'll give this a legit shot. Maybe. Because I'm sorry, I'm a scrub I know, but this is giving me a headache just reading it and I really don't feel like it.

Seriosuly, why do people complain about Ninja Hell again? Ninja Hell's got nothing on this shit.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ouch, how bad is it?

I'm good now, just a bit sleepy. I've got 4 hours of trains and a walk before I am back in my apartment, though.

What's the full rules for this Fates challenge thing, Shrimp?

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

What's the full rules for this Fates challenge thing, Shrimp?

Lunatic ironman

Units arw linked. If a unit dies, their linked unit dies as well (for example if birthright guy loses Sakura, Conquest guy loses Elise and Rev guy both)

Niles and Orochi are exempt from this because capture. However only bosses may be captured

ReV guy can use a balance patch so half the team ain't useless

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lunatic ironman

Units arw linked. If a unit dies, their linked unit dies as well (for example if birthright guy loses Sakura, Conquest guy loses Elise and Rev guy both)

Niles and Orochi are exempt from this because capture. However only bosses may be captured

ReV guy can use a balance patch so half the team ain't useless

Okay, nice rules. Is there a pacing limit? I did a soullocke Pokémon emerald run with some people months ago (very similar rules) and it ended up with just two of us essentially speeding through the entire game since then other people couldn't make us lose our Pokémon.

Okay, Ryoma done. I engaged in an extremely tedious chain of attacking Ryoma, going to the entrance, getting rallied, rinse and repeat. Then Elfuigi got a Dragon Fang proc at the worst possible time and I couldn't even get Haitaka a level for Quixotic before the map's end, but... Ahh, who cares. I'm just glad that's over with.

I'll try it later. Or maybe I'll try chapter 26 later. I dunno, I'm just not feeling this game at the moment. I want something chill.