Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah take a break. Conquest late game is very exhausting

Yes, I don't usually take breaks on games like this, but I might need to step away from Conquest for a day or two, because I'm looking at Iago and Ryoma and I'm just going "man, I do not want to do this shit."

Maybe I'll get started on Dream Team. Yeah, some good ol' nostalgia and an actually fun RPG will be a nice change of pace. I'm still gonna play that one in hard mode tho, I mean, I'm not a casual baby now am I

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Since we will have 2 groups, each group can decide for themselves. Although in their respective group people should've the same speed

Fair enough. Count me in then. Shotgun Conquest.

Sad little update to my ironman, I lost Tetra the Chinchou before she truly had the chance to shine while trying to capture a Slowbro in Slowpoke well to a critical hit Confusion (the first time he used his best attack...urg). Oh well, at least I caught the Slowbro ( named Spirit as a joke reference to the Spirit of Seashell Mansion from Link's Awakening, an obscure minor character), which will hopefully help against Chuck.

Ā 

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good game design.

Honestly though, what is this? The map was already hell in hard mode, but at least it felt... doable lol. This is giving me some faint flashbacks to Thracia chapter 21, a map where you similarly had to skip it or it was nigh impossible.

Goodness me... Do I dare ask the question? I know I say this every map, but... Well, I can't see how one could do this, haha.

I guess I can share another excerpt from the writeup, it might end up helping if you try to do it the long way, and don't just stick with the Ryoma kill you got.

Spoiler

Chapter 25- This one is a bit too tricky to split my forces like the last couple maps. I started by working on Kagero's half, and found a way through far easier than I expected, Saizo's half took a bit longer to figure out, but with clever staff use it worked out. The key preps are a meal that adds +1 strength, +2 defense, and +2 speed to males, a defense tonic on Corrin just in case, a strength tonic on Niles to make ninja kills easier to setup, buying a few vulneraries to make sure Corrin stays healthy, and filling Azura's inventory with exotic staffs to be the faux convoy for this map. I start with Kagero's side as it was the first I figured out, and after clearing Saizo's half my attempts to use Camaraderie to make Corrin invincible ended up leaving my army just unpowered enough to fail the Kagero's half, and it showed it to be a little dicier in a few places.Ā  I strat by having Niles lure the ninjas from the second room on Kagero's route (as the man-at-arms and ninjas in the first are more reluctant to act), and spend a few turns luring out and killing them until he starts baiting the ninjas from the back of the first room, that finally convinces them to move and attack people that are in their ranges. After finishing them I must face the corridor of death, and my first step is to rile up the troops clogging up the corridor by using Effie's Armored blow to chip one without taking damage, shelter her with Peri and dance them with AzuraĀ  (and then use more shelter dancer shenanigans to get her out of Spy shuriken range), and separate Effie and Peri in such a way that they choke the furthest point Effie can, while Peri equips a sword and lures the further out sword catcher man-at-arms to convince the ninja to use its spy shuriken to get his effective attack stance on Peri instead of wrecking Effie with his doubling silver shuriken. After dealing with these I need to lure the spy shurikens from the two rooms into spaces they can be killed, and Nile's shuriken breaker is the way to go. The western one requires a lot of defensive boosts to prevent the Great club wielding man-at-arms frequent attack stance crits, but after luring one individually to the right place, Niles can one round it and be sheltered and danced to safety and healed up to lure the other side. After the spy shuriken are dealt with I break the eastern wall (and dance them to keep from being attacked from the other room and get more power into the eastern room) but there is enough difficulty reaching and hittting that last ninja in the east that I have to take an enemy phase from it. After the east is dealt with the western room is easier to deal with due to the extra space in the eastern room to stage attacking troops in. After that Niles lures out the ninja's from Kagero's room and we steam roll the rest of that side and grab the gold. The long trek back to the centerĀ  gets me close to the 20 turn mark so during most of Saizo's half Corrin is dragon tanking Ryoma and chugging vulneraries whenever he has more than 10 lost health. The first step on Saizo's half is to enemy phase the three ninjas in the first room with Niles. Next turn I give Silas all the rallys, the dance boost, and station Elise on the stairs in the corner to help him tank the 2 ninja and 1 swordmaster just to the west of the door to the next room with a Javalin to chip as he will be double anyway after the first ninja debuff (and they always double him). If the enemy sets up their attack stances right he needs one aegis proc to live, but with 30 skill and how many shuriken hits he is taking I have never seen him fall here, but he is debuffed to point of incompetence.Ā  After surviving that we wipe away this group on player phase. The next step is to wipe out the ninja in the western most corridor (and shelter them out of the lunge blender range) and entrap the further of the two lungers in that next room (with Ophelia pair-up and skill rally or dance boost Elise gets over 90% accuracy with the entrap), and wipe it out. Next I break the wall and use shelter and dancing stats to leave only Effie at the furthest point of the nearest lungers range, with only a Life and Death swordmaster's attack stance to worry about she should be fine, and both can be killed relatively safely. Next I use Calamity gate to lure the ninja with the room into a range battle and after they are dead I lure the two sword masters between that next room and Saizo's room into death range. The pair-up sword masters have yet to move, so I pump enough range attacks into them (plus one final melee attack stance) to finish them without entering the next lunging range (and then loot the chest). I then use another entrap to kill the nearest lunger and prepare for the final assault. With as many cavalry as I can station outside lunger range, and a freeze staff on the sword master for safty (and shelter Felicia with the still slightly debuffed Silas) I lure in the lunger with Niles, and the ninja do not bother to attack him, after that I just push enough cavalry into Saizos room to finish his 3 defenders and the lunger. Saizo falls easily just as Corrin is two uses into his second vulnerary. I end up using Beruka's dual club swordbreaker combo to deal with Ryoma, but Corrin still has to tank 2 hit after the floor changes before he falls.

Ā 

I don't mind Iago's that much honestly, but Ryoma they really went overbord with the difficulty and inevitable end bs. It's especially bad because debuff recover in fates sucks ass.

Honestly if i ever decide to do balance patch for fates debuffs will need a massive rework. Or hidden weapons un general.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll get started on Dream Team

Enjoy

3 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Fair enough. Count me in then. Shotgun Conquest.

Nice!

Now we just need a time where everyone is ready (me and Ruben will take a small break after our current runs) and to split the groups (And Armagon and Ruben on the same group since they love each other so much Ɯ)

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

don't know if I was clear, but I do find ASm to be a bit better than it seems to be considered as.

I'll say that ASM1 is at least like, passable. It fundamentally misunderstands Spider-Man but there are worse superhero flicks out there. Like Batman v Superman.

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Kids, don't get hangovers. My poor head.

I don't drink in the first place so I will avoid this.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ReV guy can use a balance patch so half the team ain't useless

But I won't because I'm not a coward.

...also I still have my legitimate copy from launch so I'll be playing on that.

I'll join Ruben and Armagon then--I can blame them if the challenge fails. Armagon playing Rev? Ruben, if you get Ryoma killed in Birthright, IĀ will notĀ be happy.

Edited by DodgeDusk

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't mind Iago's that much honestly

Oh no, Iago looks perfectly reasonable. I'm just a bit too tired right now to deal with infinite hexing rods.

but Ryoma they really went overbord with the difficulty and inevitable end bs. It's especially bad because debuff recover in fates sucks ass.

Yeah. Absolutely fucking yeah. It's beatable, but... not in a fun way, like the actually good maps.

Enjoy

Thanks. I believe I will.

Now we just need a time where everyone is ready (me and Ruben will take a small break after our current runs) and to split the groups

Yeah, I don't think I'll be up for even more Fates after this for a while.

(And Armagon and Ruben on the same group since they love each other so much Ɯ)

Grrrr.

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

I'll join Ruben and Armagon then--I can blame them if the challenge fails. Armagon playing Rev? Ruben, if you get Ryoma killed in Birthright, IĀ will notĀ be happy.

Pffft. Implying I'll use Ryoma lolololololol

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, there should be no problem. The endgame save mod isn't a code.ips mod. Instead of placing the files in the exefs folder, you need to create another folder in the same location as exefs called "romfs", and that's where you drop the endgame save mod. So yeah, things aren't getting complicated just yet.

Oh, thatā€™s very nice. Thanks.

Do I need to take the individual patches out of the folder theyā€™re in and putĀ them in there or can I just move the folder theyā€™re in over there?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So me, Eltosian and Sooks? Sure!

I volunteer myself as tribute for Conquest lunatic, since I have never done it, but Iā€™ll also need a break from Fates.

ā€¦how serious are we about this run being finished though? Might not be a good idea for me to lunatic Conquest, for the late game.

Just try your best. It's a disaster in the making anyway xD

But you and Eltosian are serious pros at the game, I feel like you could actually maybe possibly finish.

If @DodgeDuskĀ dusk doesnā€™t mind, I could go with Ruben and Armagon because Armagon is playing a legitimate copy, meaning no balance patch, and Ruben is benching Ryoma, plus they both have personal vendettas, so thereā€™s no way that run is getting finished. I could dip my toe into lunatic with themā€¦ but I donā€™t know how good DodgeDusk is at the game. Itā€™s up to them.

I've done Conquest Hard Iron Man, so I don't think I'm terrible at it. I don't really mind who I go with to be honest, so if Sooks wants to go with Ruben and Arm I'll go with my Shrimpy baby.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I could go with Ruben and Armagon because Armagon is playing a legitimate copy, meaning no balance patch, and Ruben is benching Ryoma, plus they both have personal vendettas, so thereā€™s no way that run is getting finished. I could dip my toe into lunatic with themā€¦ but I donā€™t know how good DodgeDusk is at the game. Itā€™s up to them.

Also I haven't played Fates in years lol. I think the last time I played it was just before Echoes came out.

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, thatā€™s very nice. Thanks.

Do I need to take the individual patches out of the folder theyā€™re in and putĀ them in there or can I just move the folder theyā€™re in over there?

The endgame save mod is a romfs mod. Meaning, you need to create a romfs folder in the same place where you created the exefs and drop everything there. Just, everything, don't take anything out of any folders. In this mod's case, it's the scripts folder.

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

ā€¦how serious are we about this run being finished though?

It won't be finished. Not a chance.