Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Depending on your health, you might need one of the items that reduce fall damage, like the cat ring the cat will sell you, or the Jester's outfit's pants

...I'm gonna need both.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

With each Giant Soul you acquire he becomes weaker and weaker, as they were his bane in life, and moreso in their death.

Did he not repel the giants? There aren't many remnants of them, and we've already fought "The last Giant"...

There's just really no indication that an item that should be used would help against a boss...

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Did he not repel the giants? There aren't many remnants of them, and we've already fought "The last Giant"...

There's just really no indication that an item that should be used would help against a boss...

Giant Soul, not the Last Giant's Soul (although I understand the confusion), the description on the Giant Souls hint at its use, although only one is available to you (two if you are an idiot) before you get the Ashen Mist Heart.

Edit: Note keep them in your inventory don't try to use them.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

two if you are an idiot

Ey, I think I got the idiot one!

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Note keep them in your inventory don't try to use them.

O-oh...

Just now, Benice said:

Ey, I think I got the idiot one!

Hopefully not, as the idiot one is trying to kill the one that gives you the Ashen Mist Heart before they have the opportunity to give it to you...

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

O-oh...

...opps, I hope you didn't use it after reading my comment... if so Sorry.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hopefully not, as the idiot one is trying to kill the one that gives you the Ashen Mist Heart before they have the opportunity to give it to you...

Oh.

Nah, I got one in Black Gulch.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...opps, I hope you didn't use it after reading my comment... if so Sorry.

Nah, I used it to level up a while back.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

6nLR0AB.png

2PbkfTs.png

TgClq4R.png

Yeah these images describe this run pretty well lol. Hana and Hinata Sword dancing through everyone and attacking together

JU9k8f6.png

Usual ninja hell turn count lol

I take it you won't be doing this ever again? Sounded like a neat idea on paper, and that you enjoyed it to some extent, despite the issues.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Well I am a bit late to the pokemon music party

I'll be later than you:

-Me wanting to upload my consciousness and embed a piece of myself throughout people across the globe. To become one with the wonder that is humanity, taken to be fundamentally good-natured. This is the sound of the international interactions, carried out with naturalness and kindness. How I wish I could encapsulate myself in this tune and see the world as this makes me feel it should be. The emotions with this are... comforted by idealism, yet so wistful at not having it.

On that subject, I'm still peeved that Quintet's games are in legal limbo since it means we might never see even ports of them. I think Actraiser being on the Wii VC was like, the last thing anything Quintet got any spotlight, and then it was likely because Enix's publishing rights of Quintet games were maybe still valid after the merger and when they put Actraiser on the VC. I think the company went under in about 2008 or so... so it's a shame on that.

I post that and soon after I find some hope remains.

https://www.change.org/p/株式会社スクウェア-エニックス-sfc-天地創造-のアーカイブ配信をしてほしい?recruiter=1216934164&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition&recruited_by_id=35a02dc0-e91f-11eb-84bc-adb832a65a78

A revival petition started by some of the people who worked on the Soul Blazer trilogy. Or at least just for Terranigma.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1418224151270100996

One of the artists definitely hasn't forgotten either.

Well, I feel better now, even if it's not some grand game-changer here.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Which part, the level curve or the damn water? 

That single handedly crushes R/S/E for me. I hope you like water pokemon!

In Johto? The level curve. 30% of the main game has enemies not improve bar all, and the entirety of Kanto is a snoozefest. Like, congrats to Iwata for fitting it in, but zzz.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Congrats on clearing your Conquest with Birthright characters run!

Tyty

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

How was the endgame like?

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

How was endgame?

At first i was despairing due to no access to 9 MoV Shurikenbreaker Nina, but having access to more silences and rescues allowed me play a bit safe until Turn 3 where i advanced to half the map then i rescue skipped from there.

Also Leo was bugged even though that was suppossed to be fixed...

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I take it you won't be doing this ever again?

Dunno really. Every once in a while i like to do a conquest run with some twists, so dunno when i will do another one like this.

Next time i touch fates will be linked run tho

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

- i usually just Calamity Gate Corncob and a groupl of 2-3 elites + a few weaker units i want to get to lvl20 because starting ch18 everyone is promoted

- the traps being only effective on you but not the enemy makes it even more annoying

- tbh this run i spent like 20-30 turns powerlvling Azura for eugenics purposes, but usually my turn count for that map is one of the highest ever

You're missing some more "I hate this map" in between these points.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The one that always makes me think was taken from Terranigma...

The sound font makes me think of LoZ Spirit Tracks in the first part myself. The speed of the PMD track may be enough to throw me off.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even I can't ignore it. Also, I've ruined the neat 7,666 number.

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

In Johto? The level curve. 30% of the main game has enemies not improve bar all, and the entirety of Kanto is a snoozefest. Like, congrats to Iwata for fitting it in, but zzz.

I think he meant Hoenn.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Reactive Armor" is a thing.:

"As weapons improved, an "arms race" evolved between armor and armor-piercing technologies, one as old as war itself. In the late Middle Ages, inventors tried using padding on the inside and outside of the plate armor in hopes of ameliorating the effects of crossbow bolts and pikes (nothing worked very well). In the World wars, the answer was simply to add more layers of armor; again, it didn't work very well. After World War II, various types of "reactive armor" were invented. The concept of explosive reactive armor was first proposed by the Russian Bogdan Voitsekhovsky in 1949, with the first production models appearing in the 1960s. Most main battle tanks now carry some form of reactive armor."

Wow. You learn something new every day. Now why isn't explosive armor featured in more works of fiction? It's awesome!

7BowC2z.jpeg

I don't see the immersion break to me.😄

Hey, isn't that Warriors? Looks a bit too Hd to be Fates.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

HChYxS1.png

No more T-poses

Tragic.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

QjU9bWo.png

My party for the finale.

Anime Corncob because Hoshido is japan, or something.

Some thoughts:

- While Ryoma and Takumi are way stronger then Xander and Leo, Hinoka is quite a bit weaker then Camilla. Ryoma is really op tho, much stronger then Xander, even if a bit Rng reliant. Sakura needs Shining bow, which i only got thanks to lottery lol

- Hoshidan weapons were mostly meh, imo. Aside from stuff like Dual weapons, Spy Weapons, Calamity Gate, Horse Scroll and Guard Naginata, i find myself prefering the Nohrian shop. Sure Buyable rescue is nice, but man did i miss Freeze and entrap.

- No good Axe users bruh. Also severe lack of mages. And the cool Lance units you get would really have liked to get access to stuff like Javelin and Spear instead of Bolt Naginata

- Cast generally much more imbalanced than Nohr with many clear useless units. That isn't the case with the Nohr cast

- Hoshidan Classes seem to be much more rng reliant then Nohrian counterpart. Much more proc skills, for example. Also Swordmasters, which you get quite a few of, are Evasion Masters. Not that you can't get access to the classes in vanilla Conquest, but usually needs alot of seals and work and stuff.

- Spear Masters being tanky with double seal make Armor knights look even more pathetic heh. Guard Naginata Oboro tanking, nerfing then double attacking on player phase helped quite a bit later on.

- Kid paralogues are quite a bit more boring then their Nohrian counterpart, and were mostly massive exp grinding spots with little else in rewards.

- Did i mention that Ryoma is op?

Anyway Finale time!

Well, that... Sounds like Conquest but bad, not gonna lie.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

- I really hate this map

- i use half my army to trap saizo in the starting room because i want the speedwing

- It's one of 2 maps in Conquest i really hate, the other being fox hell

- facing so many ninjas is annoying

- i hate it so much it usually makes me stop playing for a bit

- i usually just Calamity Gate Corncob and a groupl of 2-3 elites + a few weaker units i want to get to lvl20 because starting ch18 everyone is promoted

- the traps being only effective on you but not the enemy makes it even more annoying

- tbh this run i spent like 20-30 turns powerlvling Azura for eugenics purposes, but usually my turn count for that map is one of the highest ever

- Fuck that map, no, really, it can burn somewhere

- The Boss is an evasive Ninja.... on a Throne :'D

- did i mention that i really really hate that map and thus just try to solo it instead of playing it legit?

Kotaro wouldn't be a problem if you just had Haitaka with double seals to ruin his day. Also, Kumagera eats ninja for breakfast.

But, of course, Niles bad.

Have I mentioned "use capture" yet?

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

At first i was despairing due to no access to 9 MoV Shurikenbreaker Nina, but having access to more silences and rescues allowed me play a bit safe until Turn 3 where i advanced to half the map then i rescue skipped from there.

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also Leo was bugged even though that was suppossed to be fixed...

Maybe they just fixed Leo from Leo's Fun Castle but not the one in Endgame. They're probably different characters, internally.

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Next time i touch fates will be linked run tho

Did you know that if you use capturable bosses, the chance of losing them to other players is reduced drastically?

Yeah. Just a thought.

I finally watched Spider-Man: Far From Home and I only have one thing to say.

I need to rewatch Spiderman 3.

Also, good morning to everyone.

I need to remember to use this at some point.

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

I finally watched Spider-Man: Far From Home and I only have one thing to say.

I need to rewatch Spiderman 3.

Spiderman: Far From Home isn't as good as 06 expected it to be

06: I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye.

5 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Well when I get to Blackthorn gym, i usually am around level 30-35. 

Bowser, no! You're supposed to be a joke! Stop being amazing at fighting...!

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well not bad, but inferior yeah

Oof. Yeah, too bad. It really doesn't sound worth the sacrifice of all my Nohrian favorites, such as Charlotte, Benny and the kids.

And unironically the bosses lol. Even Senno, mundane as he is, runs circles around the exclusive bosses from Birthright. Those three suck. They've got cool designs, but... well, that's it really.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I need to remember to use this at some point.

Luigi's cheers sound bored.

Almost imagine him being sarcastic.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm impressed, I don't ever remember being that low, but it's been ages since my Crystal cart worked, much less me playing it.

And I definitely wasn't near 30 by Blackthorn in HG/SS (35 would be my low bar).

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm impressed, I don't ever remember being that low, but it's been ages since my Crystal cart worked, much less me playing it.

And I definitely wasn't near 30 by Blackthorn in HG/SS (35 would be my low bar).

I like to play risky. Xd

That and leveling takes too long.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That and leveling takes too long.

This is probably the main reason I've accepted the Exp Share from Gen 6.

I don't ever like to be overlevelled, but it helps to minimise grinding and I found it allowed me to try more pokemon in a regular playthrough. One of the things about 3DS pokemon I like.

Not being able to turn it off bothers me with SwSh, especially after I felt like I had to turn it off when playing US this year to prevent overlevelling.

Fortunately I got the PS Plus 12-month discount 🙏

Hey @Benice guess what I can play now

DTFcGzh.jpg

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Spiderman: Far From Home isn't as good as 06 expected it to be

06: I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye.

My expectations were at the Marianas Trench, lmao

I never thought it would be good, but I ended up surprised

Edited by Ghost_06_

38 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Hey @Benice guess what I can play now

DTFcGzh.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LET'S GOOOO

By the way, you said you aren't very good at action games; Yakuza Kiwami is actually reasonably hard, so don't pick Hard mode to start with.

'Morning, all!

39 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

My expectations were at the Marianas Trench, lmao

I never thought it would be good, but I ended up surprised

06 pirating Spiderman movies

Marvel: Pay me ticket!

06: I'll pay your ticket when you fix this DAMN FRANCHISE!

I don't know if you've pirated the movie or watched it legit, just let me meme in peace all right

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Jealous, haha. I find the early game challenging enough, but after Morty I just end up falling asleep. If you meant Hoenn earlier, then yeah I find it okay until after Norman. Too much surfing from there on, though. And diving sucks.