Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh yeah, I remember something. @Interdimensional Observer about Vanillaware's food-related dialogue in their games and stuff, this is a trophy you can get pretty easily in 13 Sentinels.

IMG_20210905_112313.jpg

I'm sure I can mention this tidbit but each chapter of Iori's story starts with her getting something to eat on the way back from school and you can pick which to get (although you have to get all eventually so it's not like this trophy is missable).

I don't actually care about trophies btw, I think that stuff is lame. But I did share this because I remember what you said about Vanillaware's love for food.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Just because of the names being similar?

Yeah, the names are pretty similar so anybody who hasn't heard of it might think it's a bootleg. I know I did when I first found out about Digimon.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Never heard it before in my life.

It's quite famous. Even I have heard it in ads and such. And when it comes to old music I'm far from the most knowledgable of people, mind.

Anyway, yeah, the bottle's message references that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

WAITWAITWAIT @Saint Rubenio

Spoiler

I’m supposed to take care of Basil’s flowers until I find him, right? Is that the thing? I heard it about it close to when you thought I did and like you said, I completely forgot about it. However, I remembered it and did it and I’ll probably do it again before whenever it looks like I’ll see Basil again.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Why do I feel like I keep getting attacked for my favourites? First Charmander for overuse, then here it was Totodile, the Tyranitar slander, now this.

It's not my fault you have shit taste, bro.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

(Also, where you want sound effects and you can't turn just the music off is another hell in itself.)

You can always turn off the music.

https://previews.123rf.com/images/pabkov/pabkov1204/pabkov120400306/13388392-remote-control-mute-button.jpg

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Out of all the pokemon you could bully, why did you have to choose the one and only I have an opinion about? He got me through my only Pokemon game, man. Lay off.

It's not my fault Hoenn starters being ugly as fuck, Treecko line being the most egregious.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... Not gonna lie, the chances that I'll be able to endure 15~ hours of dumb anime romcon tropes are... Not high. And if it's dumb enough it will have the opposite effect of me celebrating their messy ends.

Ruben hates romance confirmed.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

"69% of people in Ireland fully vaccinated."

Nice.

A country a little larger than the state of Maine, with a population a little less than Indiana, and a population destiny comparable to North Carolina. Good. 1% off the possible minimum for "herd immunity", which given Covid will be sticking around for years to come b/c poor countries will never afford full vaccination, is more like "herd protection". But still, better than not having it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, I remember something. @Interdimensional Observer about Vanillaware's food-related dialogue in their games and stuff, this is a trophy you can get pretty easily in 13 Sentinels.

IMG_20210905_112313.jpg

I'm sure I can mention this tidbit but each chapter of Iori's story starts with her getting something to eat on the way back from school and you can pick which to get (although you have to get all eventually so it's not like this trophy is missable).

Thank you.😉

I don't actually care about trophies btw, I think that stuff is lame. But I did share this because I remember what you said about Vanillaware's love for food.

Same on the trophies/achievements matter.

As for the Vanillaware food love, I'm basing it on the two games of their's that I've played. They like food so it seems.:

I don't think they had to include this, but they did. And, you kinda have to sit through it (you can fast forward), since food, without explanation, provides Spirit, necessary along with the Soul earned from killing enemies for the forging of new demon blades. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Damnit.

I had almost forgotten Great Ace Attorney is a Japanese game.

Then the loli walked in.

Urk.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

WAITWAITWAIT @Saint Rubenio

Reveal hidden contents

I’m supposed to take care of Basil’s flowers until I find him, right? Is that the thing? I heard it about it close to when you thought I did and like you said, I completely forgot about it. However, I remembered it and did it and I’ll probably do it again before whenever it looks like I’ll see Basil again.

Spoiler

Attaboy, Sooks! That's exactly it. I didn't want to spell it out for you, glad you remembered it yourself!

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ruben hates romance confirmed.

People tend to fear the unknown don't they

Wait why am I roasting myself now, I know everyone in this thread is always taking the piss out of me, but that doesn't have to apply to myself, even if I am here too! Right? Right...?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eyy, it's Spanish City: The Good Edition!

I mean, even the "good edition" manages to get herself kidnapped and chained up because Kaga is a man who has his priorities in order, but I digress.

I guess she'll remain in chains in my playthrough for quite a while longer then.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's not my fault Hoenn starters being ugly as fuck, Treecko line being the most egregious.

That’s a funny way of spelling Johto.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Attaboy, Sooks! That's exactly it. I didn't want to spell it out for you, glad you remembered it yourself!

I just happened to be passing through the relevant area

I don't actually care about trophies btw, I think that stuff is lame

They are pretty much just bragging rights. Although alot of them are bugged, which is humerous in its own right, lmao.

I keep accidentally having long play sessions of Omori because I feel like I’m juuust about to get to a good stopping point and suddenly it’s been three hours.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think they had to include this, but they did. And, you kinda have to sit through it (you can fast forward), since food, without explanation, provides Spirit, necessary along with the Soul earned from killing enemies for the forging of new demon blades. 

It's kinda cute haha. I imagine some people would just fast-forward after a while but it's a neat touch.

...maybe Vanillaware's name is intentional haha.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit.

I had almost forgotten Great Ace Attorney is a Japanese game.

Then the loli walked in.

Urk.

You cannot escape.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

They are pretty much just bragging rights. Although alot of them are bugged, which is humerous in its own right, lmao.

At least they aren't Steam trophies, which can honestly just be spoilers themselves sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I keep accidentally having long play sessions of Omori because I feel like I’m juuust about to get to a good stopping point and suddenly it’s been three hours.

I spent all of Thursday which I had off on 13 Sentinels but I didn't realize it until I saw I had spent over 10 hours playing that day.

I get it man.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hah! Well, I'll take that as a good sign.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least they aren't Steam trophies, which can honestly just be spoilers themselves sometimes.

Well, achievements can be made hidden, so you can only see them if you have them. Smart devs use that for the more spoilerific cheevos. If they don't, that's on them, the option is there.

12 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Omori?

It's a great game, but it has no emperors so you probably wouldn't like it.

17 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Omori?

It’s a happy, cheerful little indie game about a young group of friends having adventures in a childish RPG world. It’s very wholesome, you might like it.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Well, I'll take that as a good sign.

It’s because I want to get from point A to point B and then quit, but there are 5000 side objectives in between those points, and what I am gonna do, not do them?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a great game, but it has no emperors so you probably wouldn't like it.

Remember Rubenio, there is only one true God-Emperor of Humanity who just happens to look like Conan the Barbarian.

5CB21A1B-4959-4A6E-836C-0F314583F97E.jpeg.e7d34fd9da860a1cd80879510a1717a5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s a happy, cheerful little indie game about a young group of friends having adventures in a childish RPG world. It’s very wholesome, you might like it.

I’m not that drunk Sooks, at least not yet. I just watched the trailer. I think it’s supposed to be a psychological horror game.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s because I want to get from point A to point B and then quit, but there are 5000 side objectives in between those points, and what I am gonna do, not do them?

It's all right. Don't forget, at one point I just went "there's no good quitting points, I'm sure there's not much left anyway" and then it was 2:30 AM. So I can relate.

Remember Rubenio, there is only one true God-Emperor of Humanity who just happens to look like Conan the Barbarian.

5CB21A1B-4959-4A6E-836C-0F314583F97E.jpeg.e7d34fd9da860a1cd80879510a1717a5.jpeg

A very crusty Conan the Barbarian.

I’m not that drunk Sooks, at least not yet. I just watched the trailer. I think it’s supposed to be a psychological horror game.

Perish the thought, my ancient man. That is quite wrong the wrong assessment. Did you not notice the positively positive exterior?

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...maybe Vanillaware's name is intentional haha.

Wikipedia cites a Nintendo Power interview from an issue not archived online (I remember someone tried to post scans of them all, but Big N took 'em down😑) for the origins of the company's name. If I hadn't discarded most of my NP issues, I'd actually be able to check for it myself, and now it bothers me to think I once saw the interview, but never paid any attention to it. All I can remember from the those Power Profiles interviews, is that Hideo Kojima thought art cannot be interactive, and hence video games are not art (says a dude who goes all artsy).

*Ahem* The reason George Kamitani (the company's founder) gave for the name, was "to evoke the enduring and timeless popularity of vanilla flavoring in ice cream".🍨 And yet, I don't remember seeing any in either Muramasa (understandable, feudal Japan setting), or the European fantasy of Odin Sphere, it looks like it would've been too ordinary for its menu. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That’s a funny way of spelling Johto.

Not when Chikorits and the Typhlosion line exists.

https://mocah.org/thumbs/4572887-pokmon.jpg

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

People tend to fear the unknown don't they

Wait why am I roasting myself now, I know everyone in this thread is always taking the piss out of me, but that doesn't have to apply to myself, even if I am here too! Right? Right...?

Read Subahibi

https://dere.shikimori.one/system/user_images/original/489966/1315889.jpg

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Son of a gun, seriously? I had to press all the statements, and then go back, press one of them in particular again, and for no reason at all something had changed and then you can use it to pursue. But only if you run through the lines slowly, if you go at full speed the game just skips over it and doesn't show it. Nice, thank you very much.

What part of the game was this again? The only time I had much trouble in GAA1 was during the fifth case so I wonder what you had trouble with.