Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

There's always Another Eden to try...

On 8/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, Armagon said:

I actually am curious on Another Eden a bit. I know it's a mobile game but, at least from what you've posted, it's much closer to a normal game than like, a gacha, right?

I've played a few RPG mobile games so i think i'd be up for one if i just want to kill time (though given that nature, i wouldn't put it on the rotation).

Yes, I still remember.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, fine. But it was good still. Give me that much at least.

Well yeah. I did link it for a reason.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meh.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"If I had a nickel for every time I agreed with Ruben, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, it's just weird that it's happened twice".

I really gotta try Uprising one of these days and see if it becomes the third thing. I haven't played many rail shooters in my life, but I poured so many hours into Star Fox 64, I wouldn't be surprised...

...Oh wait, even if I liked it it wouldn't count because we'd still disagree about playing it on a completely legit Nintendo PC. Oof...

Just now, Sooks said:

Meh.

Uedfz3v4 o

I don't know you.

...Nah, just kidding. It's all right. At least you like World's End Valentine. And hey, Omori itself. That's good enough. I shall forgive this transgression.

This transgression.

Hey, incidentally, what about the regular battle themes? I know you haven't been looking for fights, exactly, but the castle's battle theme is another baller. You really oughta at least check out the area battle themes before you skip past all the enemies.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, incidentally, what about the regular battle themes? I know you haven't been looking for fights, exactly, but the castle's battle theme is another baller. You really oughta at least check out the area battle themes before you skip past all the enemies.

So, funny story, I actually ran from every regular encounter in the castle.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but I poured so many hours into Star Fox 64, I wouldn't be surprised...

What... That game's quality is so... Awful though. God is its frame rate garbage (which is average for 64) not to mention repetitive gameplay.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, the only thing I know about Another Eden is that Pyra and Mythra's VA is in it, because it has a British dub. I think Metal Face's VA voices a frog too or was that Chrono Trigger?

Also Persona 5 is in it, because Atlus makes Capcom look modest when it comes to crossovers.

Just now, Sooks said:

So, funny story, I actually ran from every regular encounter in the castle.

Grrr.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

What... That game's quality is so... Awful though. God is its frame rate garbage (which is average for 64) not to mention repetitive gameplay.

I don't know, I just liked it. I picked it up one day on the Wii U Eshop and I was hooked. Got pretty damn good at it too.

I have to wonder if I'd enjoy Kid Icarus Uprising as much. The horror stories I've heard about the controls, though... They aren't reassuring.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Frame rate blame mate, unless you can literally count them, it usually isn't bad.

As for repetition, 'ello, you play RPGs.😛 SF64 can be finished in an hour or two. Which is not a bad thing. As I've read of 2D shumps, if length to completion is what matters to you, then you don't understand the shump at all, a genre that is about being replayed for that insignificant thing called a higher high score again and again. On-rail shooters ought to be a similar case I'd think.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I really gotta try Uprising one of these days and see if it becomes the third thing. I haven't played many rail shooters in my life, but I poured so many hours into Star Fox 64, I wouldn't be surprised...

Well it's only on-rails for portions of each stage, usually the opening. After which, it swaps to ground combat, which is the longer, slower portion of each chapter. I'll put one stack of chips on "ground segments bore me!".

Star Fox Assault FYI also has ground segments that were likely added for variety's sake, but critics generally agreed were drab compared to the levels spent entirely in good old Arwing.

Wonder what would've happened if Star Fox 2 had released back then, since it had ground combat too (thanks to that... AT-ST thing the Arwing would turn into), if that would've come up into debates much earlier.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Saint Rubenio is there ever a definitive cap or reward to giving money to the old hobo in the park? Not the one who gives you the gold watch, but the other one, who you can give $100 to and still nothing happens.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow, that’s pretty good.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:07 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

would possibly know better. Despite everything Type-Moon supposedly selling like hotcakes, it sold maybe 100k in Japan in its first week, not actually that huge.

Ah yeah Tsukihime remake

It sold like hotcakes, which was like 150k iirc

So what did i miss the last 2  days

Spoiler

Oof… take the pepper spray… or don’t take it…. I mean, the odds of us running into trouble are much higher than the odds of Kel’s mom running into any. But if she finds out, how will she react? Would she not let Kel see Sunny anymore or something crazy like that? But surely she understands that he’s about to move, she wouldn’t be that cruel. Plus Kel thinks it’s a good idea and Kel is the best, so… I guess take it? I’m not taking the money in his wardrobe though. After he commented on the pepper spray, I went upstairs and grabbed it to see if he would say anything, but he didn’t so I reset. I did get an achievement for it, though.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio is there ever a definitive cap or reward to giving money to the old hobo in the park? Not the one who gives you the gold watch, but the other one, who you can give $100 to and still nothing happens.

Pretty sure there's nothing much that happens.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, that’s pretty good.

Damn right it is.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nothing much really on my end. Been playing Great Ace Attorney. Oh, and I had two of my wisdom teeth removed. That was fun.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Oof… take the pepper spray… or don’t take it…. I mean, the odds of us running into trouble are much higher than the odds of Kel’s mom running into any. But if she finds out, how will she react? Would she not let Kel see Sunny anymore or something crazy like that? But surely she understands that he’s about to move, she wouldn’t be that cruel. Plus Kel thinks it’s a good idea and Kel is the best, so… I guess take it? I’m not taking the money in his wardrobe though. After he commented on the pepper spray, I went upstairs and grabbed it to see if he would say anything, but he didn’t so I reset. I did get an achievement for it, though.

I missed the thing entirely in my run.

Sephiroth showing up within the first hour of 7R is still the dumbest shit.

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True, I did say I'd try it eventually.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I haven't played many rail shooters in my life, but I poured so many hours into Star Fox 64, I wouldn't be surprised...

Well keep in mind Uprising is only half-rail shooter. The other half is action game. Though the controls are the same.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't know, I just liked it. I picked it up one day on the Wii U Eshop and I was hooked. Got pretty damn good at it too.

3DS remake is also pretty good.

The thing with Star Fox tho is that aside from Assault and Command, literally all the games are the same.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

A new member joined The Masterpiece Club

Screenshot_5939.png

Review

Updated ranking of every game I played this year

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, and I had two of my wisdom teeth removed. That was fun.

Atleast you got it over with. My dentist told me to do it a few years ago and i kwep prolonging it...

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm sleeping on a floor.

Boi

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A new member joined The Masterpiece Club

Even you???

Can we get a pc port already so i can try this game?

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for repetition, 'ello, you play RPGs.😛 SF64 can be finished in an hour or two. Which is not a bad thing. As I've read of 2D shumps, if length to completion is what matters to you, then you don't understand the shump at all, a genre that is about being replayed for that insignificant thing called a higher high score again and again. On-rail shooters ought to be a similar case I'd think.

Eh? Rpg's change throughout the game though. (Equipment, abilities, enemies, etc) you have a point though.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, I just liked it. I picked it up one day on the Wii U Eshop and I was hooked. Got pretty damn good at it too.

I have to wonder if I'd enjoy Kid Icarus Uprising as much. The horror stories I've heard about the controls, though... They aren't reassuring.

i completed it, and never touched it again! Xd

Edit: About KI:U, its decent... Unless your a lefty like I am, then dont bother, lmao.

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Even you???

This was the main reason I got the PS4 in the first place haha.

Even though I played Spider-Man first.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Can we get a pc port already so i can try this game?

Please. It is genuinely a tragedy that 13 Sentinels is locked to the PS4 (and PS5 but technicalities).

It's good bro, trust me.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Boi

There's no bed for me where I'm staying, the one sofa's tiny and the cushions on it can only be useful out of it so I sleep on the floor. Said cushions are not long enough for me.

I'm going to be here for essentially a week. Boi indeed.

Edited by Dayni

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Please. It is genuinely a tragedy that 13 Sentinels is locked to the PS4 (and PS5 but technicalities).

It's good bro, trust me.

Inb4 i havecto wait 10 years until ps4 emulation...

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

There's no bed for me where I'm staying, the one sofa's tiny and the cushions on it can only be useful out of it so I sleep on the floor. Said cushions are not long enough for me.

I'm going to be here for essentially a week. Boi indeed.

FFFF

Take care, man