Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Compati Hero being a trifold blend of Gundam, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman, with a fourth nonessential member this one time in a spinoff.:

Toho's probably the reason why Godzilla is that nonessential member.

You ever wonder why Godzilla PS4 is so rare? Because when the contract with Toho expired, Namco had to pull the game from physical and digital stores.

22 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

honestly, I wish the PSP version had gotten a translation so I wouldn't need to switch to a Windows partition to play it

but it be like that

:shrug:

But they do.

I played the PSP versions of Crossbell.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yes he said that. After kuro 1 now he said there will be more than 2

And so history repeats itself.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh I understand that. The thing is, the Dev's dont seem to.

Idk if it's that or if it was Namco mandating that Tales be represented by the Vesperia trio.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

3rd's translation was never finished

Ohhhhh that's what you're talking about.

I've always wondered why PC devs develop exclusively for Windows so often. I get not working with Mac because Apple can go fuck itself but what's so wrong with Linux?

Godzilla only showed up in the Compati Sports spin-offs anyway. Compati Heroes was mainly just the trio.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wine used to work but new versions of Mac phased out 32 bit apps. Nice going Apple. :')

Ah, drat.

Well, if nothing else works, I would guess your current solution is the better option. Or try a VM, if the performance loss there is acceptable.

And if you don't want to use Windows as your main OS, but aren't tethered to any specific MacOS app, there's always Linu-*shot*

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I recall correctly, a ton of years ago I made it to the final battle of AW1. Twice. Never could beat it, though.

Ah, fun! 

Andy gets clobbered and his two allies have to save the dork from utter defeat. Considering Strum's units have 20% lower defense than everyone else's, blasting through him isn't hard, once the metaphoric cavalry have arrived. 'Course difficulty here depends in part on who you get to the left and right. Grit-Sami is going to be difficult, Max-Eagle (or Kanbei, and he won't trigger the infamous Rivals! battle afterwards) will be easy-peasy, and Olaf-Drake will be middle-of-the-road.

I'm impressed by your willingness to stick with the game for so long. No wonder you cut ties sooner now.

Only made it to the final battle against the Beast when I got locked into one of AW's signature endless stalemates and realized "yep, still not my cup of tea, this."

The first full-fledged no tutorials at all battle. Endless indeeds describes it, if "endless" is defined as 9 or 13 turns. Thats the records my two DoR campaign save files are showing.

Not as much "fight" as "run from." Can't really say if it's anything like Silent Hill, though, because the most I know about Silent Hill is that it has fog, a big house and some guy called Wesker. I... I think.

...Isn't Wesker from Resident Evil, actually...? Either way, you get my point.

Albert Wesker is Resident Evil yeah, as is the big house. Hence the name Resident Evil, residential. Poor choice, given subsequent games, the Japanese title of "Biohazard" works better.

Silent Hill is more psychological and sexual, less B-movie stuff and less shooting. The first three games are beloved classics, the fourth wasn't intended to be a Silent Hill originally and is where the franchise began declining into its demise.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've always wondered why PC devs develop exclusively for Windows so often. I get not working with Mac because Apple can go fuck itself but what's so wrong with Linux?

Several reasons. There's the market share problem obviously. You also have the issue that you can't really make one port for Linux- you have to decide which distributions(Ubuntu, Fedora, Manjaro, etc) to support. Though I think that's more an issue for "apps" than games.

There's also the issue of some technologies being windows only. DirectX is an obvious one (though Vulkan exists as an alternative), but some things like Ray tracing and DLSS have been slow to come to Linux.

And more recently, the success of Wine/Proton often leads devs to ask "why bother making a Linux version?"

8 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

You also have the issue that you can't really make one port for Linux- you have to decide which distributions(Ubuntu, Fedora, Manjaro, etc) to support.

That seems unnecessarily complicated.

8 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

There's also the issue of some technologies being windows only. DirectX is an obvious one (though Vulkan exists as an alternative), but some things like Ray tracing and DLSS have been slow to come to Linux.

And more recently, the success of Wine/Proton often leads devs to ask "why bother making a Linux version?"

See, now i'm asking why Linux even exists at all now, if Windows is so obviously the one that the most development is put into. Like, Linux doesn't force updates on you, which is super based but it kinda feels like it's existence is a waste of time.

Mac existing makes sense because Apple wants to be different and inferior to everyone else.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, paying any mind to Shrimpy's opinions about any part of Cold Steel would be like listening to my thoughts on Three Houses. In other words, it's kinda pointless, we're biased beyond all reasonable measure.

From what I saw of Cold Steel it looks boring as sin.

Edited by WraithReborn

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That seems unnecessarily complicated.

Everyone being able to do their own thing with Linux is kind of the appeal. Want the latest version of everything? Use Arch. Want that, but not the hassle of having to manually install almost every component of your system? Use Manjaro. Want more stable versions of libraries/apps that won't crash as often, but may be out of date? Use Ubuntu/Debian/one of their derivatives. Want to set up literally everything yourself so that there's no software you didn't pick/approve of on your system? Use Arch or Gentoo.

And it's not like Linux exists only to play games. There's plenty of other appealing things, from most distros being free, or having less or no telemetry built in, to being able to (in theory) audit any part of your OS since it's all open source.

5 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Everyone being able to do their own thing with Linux is kind of the appeal. Want the latest version of everything? Use Arch. Want that, but not the hassle of having to manually install almost every component of your system? Use Manjaro. Want more stable versions of libraries/apps that won't crash as often, but may be out of date? Use Ubuntu/Debian/one of their derivatives. Want to set up literally everything yourself so that there's no software you didn't pick/approve of on your system? Use Arch or Gentoo.

And it's not like Linux exists only to play games. There's plenty of other appealing things, from most distros being free, or having less or no telemetry built in, to being able to (in theory) audit any part of your OS since it's all open source.

Custom-built OS huh. Combine that with a custom-built PC and you might be able to do some really creative stuff with it. That is pretty neat.

Everything is better when you tack the word "Custom" on the end of it. That I've learned.

---

https://nintendoeverything.com/story-of-seasons-pioneers-of-olive-town-shipments-surpass-one-million/

Surprised to see this, given the game was faulted for a rocky release and even after updates people consider it somewhat soulless. The positive is that more SoS and RF can certainly happen, although the poor reception makes me think the next SoS will pay the price in diminished sales, even if it is qualitatively better.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's a terrible person, her design is among the worst in the game and the community loves her.

I like her design. Why she's a terrible person? Is it because she's lazy?

Omori is kino, as you hip kids say. You should play it.

I'm downloading it right now

To be fair, the Darth Vader twist is something that's pretty much impossible not to have spoiled at this point. Everyone and their mom knows it due to how iconic the moment has become in pop culture - and more to the point, how often it is referenced.

The problem with watching the prequels first is less about spoilers and more about the fact that the prequels are horrible movies. If someone watches The Phantom Menace first they may think "Is that really Star Wars?" and be turned off from the series forever.

1 hour ago, Robert Stewart said:

You forgot the "Don't want systemd? Use Devuan or Artix."

28 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I like her design.

Yes, we've already established we don't agree when it comes to character designs.

Why she's a terrible person? Is it because she's lazy?

Her family are slave owners, she doesn't give a shit about it and she's manipulative on top of lazy. So I didn't like her. That's the short of it, I don't really feel like going on a rant right now.

I'm downloading it right now

Wait, what? Just like that?

The problem with watching the prequels first is less about spoilers and more about the fact that the prequels are horrible movies. If someone watches The Phantom Menace first they may think "Is that really Star Wars?" and be turned off from the series forever.

Hah! Well, if nothing else, they might get some laughs out of it. The movies are hilarious.

Chapter 13 done. Funnily enough, turns 5-10 were grueling while the final stretch went without a hitch in the first attempt. Sure, why not. Even managed to kill Richthofen at the end. Still wondering how in the world it'd be possible to kill Nazgul...

I think I can finish this tomorrow. And then, to wonder what to play next, heh.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, what? Just like that?

Yes. Why are you surprised?

Her family are slave owners, she doesn't give a shit about it and she's manipulative on top of lazy. So I didn't like her. That's the short of it, I don't really feel like going on a rant right now.

wtf

Hah! Well, if nothing else, they might get some laughs out of it. The movies are hilarious.

If they don't give up midway through, maybe.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I can finish this tomorrow. And then, to wonder what to play next, heh.

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening | PC Origin Conteúdo disponível para download  | Fanatical

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

No but i don't see how that's relevant to what we're discussing.

Well it might make it easier to see why the fans (and clearly the devs) prefer Yuri over any other Tales of protag. 

Not saying its right or wrong but it is the way it is. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Yes. Why are you surprised?

I dunno. Usually it's way harder to get people to play things, so... I guess I expected more.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it! Do keep me informed, and don't forget to relax. This is a wholesome game, perfect to chill.

wtf

In the intro to Hilda and Cyril's paralogue, he reveals he had been taken as a child slave by the Goneril house. Well, he doesn't use the word "slave", I suppose, but considering he starts with "I was captured" and then immediately afterwards he says "I had a real hard time as a servant of Goneril", well, it's pretty clear. Also, in their support she acts openly, nonchalantly racist towards Almyrans, but unlike folks like Ingrid, she's not called out on it. They just... sorta gloss over it, like it's okay when she does it for some undiscernible reason.

I'd say it's most likely just an unintentional side effect of some bad writing, but the way she's written beyond the "lazy" quirk makes her seem like a horrible person. Of course, Three Houses has no bad writing, so I guess Hilda was supposed to be a shitstain that everyone loves for no reason?

If they don't give up midway through, maybe.

Every line is funny. Every single one of them. The deliveries from the actors are all so strange. Not even the fault of the actors, I hear Lucas was extremely specific in how he wanted them to say their lines.

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening | PC Origin Conteúdo disponível para download  | Fanatical

Eh, I dunno. Like I said, I'd rather play something different right now.

Sounds like time to search Lincoln up at this Gettysburg Address.

Okay, time to head south to Tenpenny Tower.

Edited by Acacia Sgt