• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I had it. I had it, dead to rights. And then Marisa got sniped by two peggies.

Oh, well. At least now I have the opportunity to try again and see if I can talk Innes down before he burns through half of the silver bow.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good. Knight/General Amelia is based.

Too based for words.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Another thing me and Ruben share in common.

Why is it that we disagree on everything but when it comes to things that are universally considered bad, we like it?

Quick, pretend you hate Metroid Dread

I guess it's just fate or something.

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I actually made it to Recliffe and did what the game told me to. Look at me, actually progressing the story.

Welcome to the new person, and stuff!

Finished the Mage's questline already? Did you spare Zev?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good one, Rogue Legacy 2.

Good one.

That was brilliant. I did NOT see that one coming. Fucking hell... And here I was so smug, thinking that boss had been too easy.

Nobody tell Ruben that I told the elf named Berwick to defend the town, meaning he could die in the coming battle.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
X0r4yeoq o

A8pnrlsx o

Well.

I think I need a break.

That’s quite the amount of units.

28 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Finished the Mage's questline already? Did you spare Zev?

I thought I was supposed to go to Redcliffe first.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Nobody tell Ruben that I told the elf named Berwick to defend the town, meaning he could die in the coming battle.

Shit, there was a character called Berwick in Dragon Age? I missed him... Too bad.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That’s quite the amount of units.

Not really much more than the original. Heck, I think they might even be just the same as the original, only they don't die if someone looks at them funny.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shit, there was a character called Berwick in Dragon Age? I missed him... Too bad.

See Ruben, this is why you should look around instead of doing all the main stuff immediately and leaving in two seconds.

He’s an elf sitting alone in the back of the Redcliffe tavern, who reveals that he was told by a mysterious tall man who has something to do with the royal family (I forget) to go there and report any changes at the castle, and if he did, he would be paid. Then you can choose to send him off, have him fight in the battle right there or kill him then and there, because this is Dragon Age Origins.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really much more than the original. Heck, I think they might even be just the same as the original, only they don't die if someone looks at them funny.

Well, I only played Sacred Stones once so my memory is a little foggy.

Maybe I really should give Ephraim’s route a whirl one of these days.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

See Ruben, this is why you should look around instead of doing all the main stuff immediately and leaving in two seconds.

He’s an elf sitting alone in the back of the Redcliffe tavern, who reveals that he was told by a mysterious tall man who has something to do with the royal family (I forget) to go there and report any changes at the castle, and if he did, he would be paid. Then you can choose to send him off, have him fight in the battle right there or kill him then and there, because this is Dragon Age Origins.

Hey, it's not like I speedrun through the game. Sure I never went out of my way to check the sidequest board, but whenever I found a sidequest giver on the map, I heard them out, and I did explore the locations.

The problem here is that... I had no idea there was a tavern in Redcliffe lol. I never found the building, and with Redcliffe being in the state that it is, I had no reason to believe there'd be a populated tavern to begin with. Whoops.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I only played Sacred Stones once so my memory is a little foggy.

Maybe I really should give Ephraim’s route a whirl one of these days.

That's an Eirika map

You can even see Eirika in the screenshot lol

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, it's not like I speedrun through the game. Sure I never went out of my way to check the sidequest board, but whenever I found a sidequest giver on the map, I heard them out, and I did explore the locations.

The problem here is that... I had no idea there was a tavern in Redcliffe lol. I never found the building, and with Redcliffe being in the state that it is, I had no reason to believe there'd be a populated tavern to begin with. Whoops.

I can’t blame you, sidequest board’s usually suck because most games use them as an excuse to dump simple, “miscellaneous” quests on the player. Not that I’m sure how this game handles them, but that’s what usually happens.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's an Eirika map

You can even see Eirika in the screenshot lol

I’m not sure how to respond to this. I know it’s an Eirika map, which is why I made that comment in the first place. If it was an Ephraim map, I would have zero memory of it instead of a foggy map.

I remember this map in particular because it’s the one where Franz died to a 3% crit from the boss after an hour’s worth of progress. Ah, memories.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m not sure how to respond to this. I know it’s an Eirika map, which is why I made that comment in the first place. If it was an Ephraim map, I would have zero memory of it instead of a foggy map.

Ohhh. It's just, since you were talking about the map and then said "I need to play Ephraim route" I thought you hadn't recognized the map and assumed it was an Eph map.

I had a brain fart, id what I'm saying. It happens.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

remember this map in particular because it’s the one where Franz died to a 3% crit from the boss after an hour’s worth of progress. Ah, memories.

A   AA  A H

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhh. It's just, since you were talking about the map and then said "I need to play Ephraim route" I thought you hadn't recognized the map and assumed it was an Eph map.

I had a brain fart, id what I'm saying. It happens.

No, I just want to play Ephraim’s route because I never played it, but I also only played fe8 once (I generally like to play FEs I enjoy at least twice), so I can kill two birds with one stone. And everyone acts like some boat map on Ephraim’s route is the worst map in history, so of course I have to experience that.

A   AA  A H

That was about my reaction, yeah.

This is unrelated but Ruben, you can rejoice, Berwick the elf survived the battle.

Edited by Sooks

I mean, it's not too different from what she usually wears outside the coloring. I'd say, if anything bothers me about that outfit, it's how asymmetrical it is.

Anyway...

Alright, made it to Andale. Unlike just about every other town that simply went into ruined disrepair like Bethesda, Fairfax, or Oldney, the town of Andale is still inhabited and the people trying to go back to pre Great War standards of living. A friendly place... perhaps too friendly... There's not much here outside of a miniquest. Which... um, well, reveals the people here have become inbred cannibals. I mean, I knew something was wrong the moment they told me they voted Republican.

Since you can be a cannibal yourself (I didn't took the perk, however), you can end this quest in friendly terms with them, willing to share... their meat stockpile. Or even if not you can go "I saw nothing" and they'll be willing to let you go if your Speech is high enough... or you can just go to town on them in good old wasteland justice. Which I did. Since they line up nicely before confronting you and they're just... well, ordinary people with clothes, all it took was a couple grenades, hehehehe.

Okay, putting this episode aside, time to go to the Nuka Cola Factory...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

"This version of the Hoshidan retainer is wearing attire from Dökkálfheimr, the realm of nightmares."

Looking at that dress, nightmare isn't enough of a description, that must be painful to wear.

The general discussion over in the FEH board thought it made her look like a watermelon. The "red with little dots of black" would be the reason why. I thought it inspired by butterflies, another said a ladybug. But, the watermelon image stuck, given vulgar English and the latter half of that word, and Kagero herself. Also, complaints that she has gotten several alts, and Saizo none.

I'd say, when it comes to the Elf/Fairy designs, I'd wish there was more variety to the "cape looking like wings" bit. Only Tana sports actual fake wings, instead of wearing a cape made to look like wings.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, I just want to play Ephraim’s route because I never played it, but I also only played fe8 once (I generally like to play FEs I enjoy at least twice), so I can kill two birds with one stone. And everyone acts like some boat map on Ephraim’s route is the worst map in history, so of course I have to experience that.

Yeah, you should experience Phantom Ship at least once. It's such a beautiful map, everyone loves it.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is unrelated but Ruben, you can rejoice, Berwick the elf survived the battle.

bd0748ad-7c88-4805-b9a4-9d401577e488_tex

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Description: "An attire from Dökkálfheimr, the realm of nightmares"

Reality: "Generic sexy waifubait outfit #76794537459"

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Looking at that dress, nightmare isn't enough of a description, that must be painful to wear.

I like how the rose stem thingy on her thigh doesn't even connect to anything, it just ends. What, is it glued to her leg? Nitpicky, I know, but well, nitpicking these garbage designs is a compliment, if anything. It pretends there are no bigger issues that can be brought up. Pfft.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how the rose stem thingy on her thigh doesn't even connect to anything, it just ends. What, is it glued to her leg? Nitpicky, I know, but well, nitpicking these garbage designs is a compliment, if anything. It pretends there are no bigger issues that can be brought up. Pfft.

So something like a makeshift garter? It coils around her thigh once, so as long it's tight enough, there's no risk of it sliding down her leg.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So something like a makeshift garter? It coils around her thigh once, so as long it's tight enough, there's no risk of it sliding down her leg.

It coils almost twice before it just ends halfway through a loop, and it projects a shadow, so it's not particularly tight.