• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

do not like Radiant Dawn's soundtrack. There's your hot take of today.

Oof

A portion of Part 3 was fun for me, while I was training rolf and Mist to be combat units; I just wish that they had more bad units in 3.

...I should have used Lyre.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe they're being cautious after the disastrous development of Three Houses? If that's the case, it's a good sign. Means they aren't taking the generally positive reception of the game as an excuse to become complacent. We could get another Fates yet.

I do not know how to feel about this considering some aspects of Fates. (He says while playing it.)

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Learning the developers didn't expect people would play all four routes of TH makes me wonder then why bother in the first place.

I thought they said (to paraphrase) "Oh, people will really pace themselves between routes"

Yeah they definitely thought wrong there. I too can confirm that I played through each route in moderately quick succession.

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

despite the op party i couldn't urn my mind off, and Ike dies to mages pretty fast (had it happen to me a few times)

Mine was less Ike and getting someone else caught out (Titania in 3-5 particularly got to me, as was her being the victim of a 20% horseslayer hit in 3-P)

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nooooooooo you should've captured...! Damn you, Dayni! Damn you! You killed the most beautiful woman in Fateslandia!!!

Again, I have my intention to recruit her in a Lunatic Rev playthrough.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is not what I remember, unfortunately... I particularly despised the final map of part 3. I remember a fellow that I talked with about RD gushing about it, talking about how cool it was that you got to watch the chaos meter or whatever raising as more and more people fell.

Unfortunately, the map was piss easy, so by the time the 20th enemy killed himself on Titania I was just thinking "okay, okay, I get it, can we please just move it along? No...? Aaauuuuuuugh..."

The thing about 3-F is that it's not that hard a map, but yeah I feel like I'd somewhat agree with your fellow. For you of course you've made the point before the Greil parts of Part 3 are kind of brainless, which at times I will agree with (3-8 anyone?)

As for Titania, I didn't have a bad one, but yours must have been super blessed to be that good that often. I do realise mine was promoted early enough (Looks like it was 3-11) but I wouldn't say she's the most busted unit ever.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

A portion of Part 3 was fun for me, while I was training rolf and Mist to be combat units; I just wish that they had more bad units in 3.

...I should have used Lyre.

She only has Luck in terms of personal stats.

She is hilarious.

On all the talk of a new title, honestly no point in predicting what's to come off our speculation imo. It can be fine to speculate when there is something to work off of, but as is everything we might think would happen is aspirational at best.

I will say it once more

I am the Emperor of The Shrimps

SHRIMPY

And the lands under the sea are in the palm of my hands!

--Chuuni  OFF--

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

On all the talk of a new title, honestly no point in predicting what's to come off our speculation imo.

Let's speculate some more:

Vestaria HSoS or FE17 first?

Edited by Shrimp γ

18 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

i can see why

it's a very story heavy map

It always comes back to those words, huh.

I wouldn't even mind that if the stupid map was remotely interesting. But it's not. You just watch 100 weak enemies and NPCs die over the course of an hour.

It all keeps me from replaying the game. I enjoyed parts of it, but every time I think "okay, time to replay Radiant Dawn!" I remember how thoroughly bored I was for half of the game and I just can't be arsed to go through it again.

I kinda would rather replay Awakening, to be honest. Awakening was hilariously craptastic in literally every possible aspect, but fuck me if I wasn't entertained by it. It's the Garon of FE games. It's like if Tommy Wiseau set out to make a FE game. It tore me apart, Lissa. It also tore Lissa apart. Her, and the rest of the playable cast. Good times, good times.

wut

in RD my itania died in like 3 hits. One of the weakest units

Whaaaaaaat?! She was invincible the whole way through! Am I living on an alternate timeline? Seriously, now.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Maybe that was the problem. I sorta forgot Rolf existed, and Mist died in the hilarious 10 turn fog rout map after an unfortunate battle save. I wasn't about to reset that map, of all maps, so I pressed on.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I do not know how to feel about this considering some aspects of Fates.

I hate aspects of Fates too, but the ones that matter? Top notch. Gimme some more of that and I'll forgive everything else if that's what it takes.

Titania

STAPH

Sigurd is invincible, Titania is not! Seriously, someone tell me already! Do I live in an alternate reality? Is Serenesforest a dimensional rift that I am unknowingly using to communicate with parallel universes?

As for Titania, I didn't have a bad one, but yours must have been super blessed to be that good that often. I do realise mine was promoted early enough (Looks like it was 3-11) but I wouldn't say she's the most busted unit ever.

I believe I might have a screenshot of her endgame stats, actually... Nope, I don't, I didn't bring her to the endgame... But I believe I might also have my old RD save file...

Never mind, you can't see the stats of characters in a "clear data" save file. Too bad. But no, seriously, the universal solution to every single problem was "throw Ike and Titania at the thing." Never failed, ever. Not that I recall, at least.

6 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I will say it once more

I am the Emperor of The Shrimps

SHRIMPY

And the lands under the sea are in the palm of my hands!

--Chuuni  OFF--

You've gone mad. Where's Wraith when you need him...?

Let's speculate some more:

I mean, we have a confirmation of HSoS, so it's already a step ahead of FE17.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is Serenesforest a dimensional rift that I am unknowingly using to communicate with parallel universes?

Tell me...

Do you live in a universe were Cern controlls the world?

Or is it one where World War 3 started? 

Or one where Humanity finally achieved genetically engineered Catgirls and boys?

Or the one where Kaga never left IS?

Or...

Do you live with us in the Corona timeline?

Edited by Shrimp γ

Damnit, I lost so much time writing that post that now I don't feel like playing Disco. Oh, well. Tomorrow. I've been slowing down a bit, I need to get back on track. Clearly it's a lack of drive now that the Sandwich Epoch is concluded.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Tell me...

Do you live in a universe were Cern controlls the world?

Cernwho?

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Or is it one where World War 3 started? 

Goodness, no. If anything, I'll be the one who will start it if IntSys gives us Three Houses 2...

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Or one where Humanity finally achieved genetically engineered Catgirls?

Nah, but I heard they've made some serious progress on bunny girls.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Or the one where Kaga never left IS?

I wish I did.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Or...

Do you love with us in the Corona timeline?

That has to be the best possible timing for this particular misspelling of "live", I must say.

I live in the "Sigurd is a scrub" alternate reality, I guess. It's not very different. I mean, if there's infinite alternate realities, at some point you have to find one that's pretty much the same, right?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cernwho?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN

Nah, but I heard they've made some serious progress on bunny girls

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I live in the "Sigurd is a scrub" alternate reality, I guess. It's not very different. I mean, if there's infinite alternate realities, at some point you have to find one that's pretty much the same, right?

Except that ''Sigurd invincible'' is a multiverse constant in the Corona worlds 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

RIP 1st run.

3 More rips to go Ü

And probably a 4th by the way he is playing atm

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

On the basis of what we know, HSoS getting localised.

If there's a surprise FE announcement by January (Remake could get away with up to April), maybe then but I think HSoS could be done before it.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I believe I might have a screenshot of her endgame stats, actually... Nope, I don't, I didn't bring her to the endgame... But I believe I might also have my old RD save file...

Never mind, you can't see the stats of characters in a "clear data" save file. Too bad. But no, seriously, the universal solution to every single problem was "throw Ike and Titania at the thing." Never failed, ever. Not that I recall, at least.

Well, I can think of examples where it failed in Part 3. Though later on they were not the units I associated with getting killed, those were frail units and people not named Nephenee.

STAPH

Sigurd is invincible, Titania is not! Seriously, someone tell me already! Do I live in an alternate reality? Is Serenesforest a dimensional rift that I am unknowingly using to communicate with parallel universes?

I am very confused with this bit.

Sigurd is Genealogy's 10/10 unit for sure, something that I don't think she hits.

Cernwho?

I'm surprised you don't get this one.

They're the association that made the Large Hadron Collider.

Cern taking over the world by threatening to destroy it with an experiment gone too far would be certainly a time. Not sure I'd like to be there.

Nah, but I heard they've made some serious progress on bunny girls.

That must be some wild parallel universe where Musk lost out to, I dunno, some other billionaire asshole into bunnies who fucks up all his big projects.

*Sees lengthy conversations about FE3 and FE10*

Yeaaaaah I'm not touching it. Those with glass opinions better not walk where rocks are thrown (although it's me, none of you).

1 hour ago, Shrimp γ said:

I really hope we got another game with switching casts. Really love it when FE does that

The only issue with rotating casts is that does limit replayability. Usually in FE, you have about half the cast or more sitting around unused in the long term on any given run, and you might choose shuffle it up next time. You can't have that choice if you're forced to use everyone at once.

26 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Or one where Humanity finally achieved genetically engineered Catgirls and boys?

I could see myself taking the latter. Skrimir and Ranulf wouldn't be off my radar.😘

That would be particularly true with the not infrequent tendency for feral characters in games to have vigorous personalities. I find myself too passive, lacking sufficient drive in life in general, no ambition, no direction, no burning desire to go out into the world and try things. Thus, I'm rather envious of those who grab life by the horns and wrestle this hulking bull under their feet in mere seconds. If I can't have that vibrancy myself, then I'll settle for embodiments of that gusto caressing me sweetly.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Me looking at Shiro in his paralogue

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The only issue with rotating casts is that does limit replayability. Usually in FE, you have about half the cast or more sitting around unused in the long term on any given run, and you might choose shuffle it up next time. You can't have that choice if you're forced to use everyone at once.

That's where RD's lategame on paper should change that.

It's definitely a bit of a mess on that though.

Okay, I've done just about everything there is to do on Fallout 3, DLC aside. Only the locations at the very northwest corner I haven't visited yet... but that will be in due time. For now, time to finally delve into Vault 87. Gonna take the Murder Pass route.

Since I wasn't feeling Disco that much tonight, I decided to try to play one more chapter of Lonely Mirror before going to bed.

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna go to bed. I still cannot FE at night.

22 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Huh. Neat.

Heeey I like that song!

...I know nothing else about the anime. Just that the song is cool.

Except that ''Sigurd invincible'' is a multiverse constant in the Corona worlds 

What is the meaning of life, then!?

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

On the basis of what we know, HSoS getting localised.

If there's a surprise FE announcement by January (Remake could get away with up to April), maybe then but I think HSoS could be done before it.

To be fair, the HSoS announcement hasn't even been made to the side of the world that's getting the translation yet. So it's either in a very early stage, or Kaga is being secretive for no reason. Which... let's be honest, would anyone put it past Kaga?

I am very confused with this bit.

It's a reference to how everyone looks at me like I'm some sort of madman every time I recount the tale of how I threw Sigurd at the pack of enemies around the first castle in the game and he almost died.

Sigurd is Genealogy's 10/10 unit for sure, something that I don't think she hits.

I dunno, man. She broke both her games.

I'm surprised you don't get this one.

I've never heard of this organization. I suppose I'm an uncultured swine.

That must be some wild parallel universe where Musk lost out to, I dunno, some other billionaire asshole into bunnies who fucks up all his big projects.

Musk who? Over in this alternate reality we have Alen Mask.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees lengthy conversations about FE3 and FE10*

That's pretty much the cycle of Teehee, isn't it. Gushing about games we like, shitting on games everyone else likes.

...Whaddya mean, that's just me? It's not just me, it can't be...

It's a reference to how everyone looks at me like I'm some sort of madman every time I recount the tale of how I threw Sigurd at the pack of enemies around the first castle in the game and he almost died.

There was a Sigurd.

He was so poor that he nearly died.

The end.

I was expecting you to say he died, but considering >0 HP is still alive, he did it, right?

I dunno, man. She broke both her games.

I wouldn't feel that she was that OP by the end of PoR or RD, but she's definitely on the Seth end of the Jeigan scale. Definitely a very good unit who can do serious damage in both games (Then again, despite mine being blessed in PoR her damage output still felt a bit lesser by endgame. Oh well.)

Musk who? Over in this alternate reality we have Alen Mask.

Man, at least he sounds like a Bond villain.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, what should I reclass Wolf and/or Sedgar to? Idk what’s good in this game.

The pros will say general.

Warrior Wolf can get +2 Str per level, Sedgar +2 Def from General. But you're kind of open on what you do.

I'm going to say for now try Hero on one, Warrior on the other, change classes as you feel like it.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And on that, I think we might be able to find common ground. Sig was good, but was a tad overrated to me. -Though I did find Gen 1 on the whole to be not quite that easy, the Cross Knights were a doozy. (Gen 2 was a different story ofc b/c good breeding and inheritance, but I've a different tolerance than you for some FE mindlessness. )

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, what should I reclass Wolf and/or Sedgar to? Idk what’s good in this game.

You can shuffle them around after every battle if so desired, that's the -perhaps imbalanced- flexibility of the Archanean reclass system. Nothing is really bad though, barring maybe Sorcerer.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

"Dad, want a reality check? You didn't raise me at all" - FE children.txt

I await the day Zephiel leads a multidimensional War Against the Parents, a coalition of him and every other FE child failed by their mom and or dad.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I await the day Zephiel leads a multidimensional War Against the Parents, a coalition of him and every other FE child failed by their mom and or dad.

He wishes he had that kind of upbringing considering his backstory.

Just now, Sooks said:

This game is really generous with staff exp. Lucky for Lena, she’s actually usable now!

Unironically she can be a decent option for Gharnef on lower difficulties.

If you're going to do that make sure she has the tome rank going in though.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then I opened a cell, the walls of every other cell began to close in on the captives, and I realized why the chapter's name was "two for the road."

I'm going to assume it happens automatically but can't you be really sneaky and position your door openers next to each cell and open them all at once?

This probably doesn't work but maybe???

5 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

FE4 remake when?

After FE6 remake 😃

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Depends on how many sides there are too tho.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know nothing else about the anime. Just that the song is cool.

The anime is bad and boring so you ain't missing much.