Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well.

Goddamnit.

To be fair, the people surveyed probably meant a good My Castle with free roam.

25 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Also the reception to different versions of the game (& them being for different people like CQ for challenge seekers and BR more casual friendly) was met with overwhelming negative reception. Well, mostly the ''have to buy different versions'' part.

Well, here’s hoping IS realizes that, because when they made the last “for people wanting a challenge” path it was extremely good. I’d like it if they returned to two routes if it meant we got another Conquest out of it. It would hopefully keep veterans and still bring in new people/keep casuals (assuming that’s what the other path is for) for the moneys, even if less moneys with people not having to buy the paths separately.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can’t decide if Xane would be extremely fun to use or extremely boring to use.

He can replicate your best units so long as he's equipped well. I personally find him quite fun to use.

Seeing a lot the thread be between the DS games (mainly between Sooks and Ruben) and Fates is like a dream to me. I hope Sooks enjoys FE12 assuming he goes with that one. 

and then there's the Saint Rubenio rant arc which can be rather entertaining

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're boring, Sooks. I'll bet you won't even use Frost in FE12.

Wow I really should use Frost myself one day. I don't wanna be boring. But I already want to use Tomas after what you said about his supports. My current team in FE12 is too OP at the moment. Like, no one important is dying. 

18 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Shadow Dragon has good characters though, (mostly) unlike Fates. :')

Surely you're referring to Caesar and Radd, yes? 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I got all negative about FE again. Sorry.

What is Fire Emblem without things to get angry at? 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Sucks to be me, I guess. I like FE for the gameplay, but the money isn't the gameplay, so IntSys has no reason to make FEs with good gameplay. Oof.

I fear for the future of FE sometimes. Like once a week. You can give me a Shakespearian play with great characters, but I'm not going to be all that happy unless I enjoy the gameplay. But why would IntSys make another Fuga's Wild Ride when so many people don't like it? 3H is lucky it has meme potential with reclass shenanigans. It's what makes the gameplay mostly fun to me. 

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I completed chapter 16 and got Arran because canon. I can’t decide if Xane would be extremely fun to use or extremely boring to use.

I tend to find Xane a lot more fun in the sequel myself. But he can be pretty fun in FE11 if you have funny units...or an OP General Sedgar, because why not have 2 of that?

I'd go for 2 Cords myself

I tend not to have space for the guy, so I guess I'd say don't use him if you don't think you'll enjoy him.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, here’s hoping IS realizes that, because when they made the last “for people wanting a challenge” path it was extremely good. I’d like it if they returned to two routes if it meant we got another Conquest out of it. It would hopefully keep veterans and still bring in new people/keep casuals (assuming that’s what the other path is for) for the moneys, even if less moneys with people not having to buy the paths separately.

I always liked that part about Fates. Tried to please both new players and veterans. Whether that worked out well isn't really my focus though. I only care about getting another Conquest. Heck, I'd take a literal black screen as plot between chapters if that's what it takes. Please please please bring back conquest designers. I need them.

I hope I don't feel the need to replay Fates from this. I got enough on my plate already...

Ah... My arms feel like jello going back and forth with the trackpad/keyboard. 

But! I finally scouted every enemy data location and jotted them down in Trails in the Sky SC! So anyone that wants to mod the game at all, i've got you! 

4 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

and Fates is like a dream to me.

This thread is basically Fates: the thread. When someone starts playing Conquest, everyone starts playing Conquest. Well, the two times it’s happened.

I guess everyone also played fe4 that one time, but it wasn’t as widely super loved.

I hope Sooks enjoys FE12 assuming he goes with that one.

Oh I’m definitely gonna play fe12 eventually, the main question is when. But thank you!

I tend to find Xane a lot more fun in the sequel myself. But he can be pretty fun in FE11 if you have funny units...

So, I can go for 2 Caedas.

I tend not to have space for the guy, so I guess I'd say don't use him if you don't think you'll enjoy him.

Well, I briefly humored the idea of using Horace and I don’t think it’s working out too well.

7 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Let's go with that. 😄

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So, I can go for 2 Caedas.

The I-will-break-this-game-in-half-over-my-knee play.

I dig it.

That same Florida number tried to call again today.

... uhg, fine, I might actually answer if they call a third time, just to see who is trying to call me...

Is that you Armagon, did you somehow found my number?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I am pretty sure that this Labmemb3r chap is responsible for 80% of the Nephenee and Minerva art on the internet.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She has a 60% magic growth. Is she at least gaining speed to compensate?

Well... We'll see.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

mean, there’s always RNG manipulation.

My Ironmans really need more of them.

'Morning, all.

I still haven't beaten Invasion 1.

Though to be fair, I did take a break. All right, let's try again.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I Love Democracy | Know Your Meme

I love the Republic.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

To be fair, the people surveyed probably meant a good My Castle with free roam.

IntSys just said they'd listen to the community. Never said anything about doing a good job with the information.

18 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Seeing a lot the thread be between the DS games (mainly between Sooks and Ruben) and Fates is like a dream to me.

It's pretty great, isn't it?

and then there's the Saint Rubenio rant arc which can be rather entertaining

It always ends up in a Saint Rubenio rant arc, doesn't it... Glad to hear it's "rather entertaining", at least.

Wow I really should use Frost myself one day. I don't wanna be boring.

Frost is hilarious. He's like, the nicest grandpa in Archanea, and yet he has a square-shaped frown. Why? Why does he look like he has serious anger issues? He nearly runs into a post and he yells "yowie!" That's not the sound of a man with anger issues...

As a unit, he's okay. Among all the free silvers in New Mystery's lategame, he's a bishop with C staves. His combat is atrocious, but he can do some backup staff shenanigans, which is more than can be said about folks like the Wolfguard.

But I already want to use Tomas after what you said about his supports.

Also dew this. Dew this and dew that. Dew all of it.

My current team in FE12 is too OP at the moment. Like, no one important is dying.

Well, glad to hear it!

I don't think I've ever used them. And I've used almost all of FE12's humongous cast at this point...

What is Fire Emblem without things to get angry at?

It really does feel empty when I play a FE game and I have nothing to complain about.

I fear for the future of FE sometimes. Like once a week. You can give me a Shakespearian play with great characters, but I'm not going to be all that happy unless I enjoy the gameplay. But why would IntSys make another Fuga's Wild Ride when so many people don't like it?

You are so correct it almost hurts.

3H is lucky it has meme potential with reclass shenanigans. It's what makes the gameplay mostly fun to me.

I did have some fun with those, but... Well, the maps are so boring and the difficulty is so poorly designed in all the modes that even stuff like making Ignatz into the mage he always should've been doesn't really save the game for me.

I'd go for 2 Cords myself

But there's already two Cords

I always liked that part about Fates. Tried to please both new players and veterans. Whether that worked out well isn't really my focus though. I only care about getting another Conquest. Heck, I'd take a literal black screen as plot between chapters if that's what it takes. Please please please bring back conquest designers. I need them.

I hope I don't feel the need to replay Fates from this. I got enough on my plate already...

If you do, please accept my apologies. And my understanding. It happens to me too. Heck, to all of us.

25 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah... My arms feel like jello going back and forth with the trackpad/keyboard. 

But! I finally scouted every enemy data location and jotted them down in Trails in the Sky SC! So anyone that wants to mod the game at all, i've got you! 

Can I get a mod where all the enemies are gone? Please and thank you.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This thread is basically Fates: the thread. When someone starts playing Conquest, everyone starts playing Conquest. Well, the two times it’s happened.

Gee, I wonder if that's because Fates is a good game.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I guess everyone also played fe4 that one time, but it wasn’t as widely super loved.

Insert Ruben ranting about Dew here

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I briefly humored the idea of using Horace and I don’t think it’s working out too well.

Oof.

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Let's go with that. 😄

You were clearly talking about Frost there.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You've all been talking about gameplay but I might as well also praise Fates for it's music and aesthetics because my god is it bloody amazing!  Whoever did the music and art went all out and truthfully is what kept me playing through what was otherwise a lackluster story.

I'd love to see IS tackle the concept of using different cultural settings other than Fantasy Europe in future games. Drawing from Japanese culture and mythology for Birthright was one of my favorite aspects of the game, personally.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can I get a mod where all the enemies are gone? Please and thank you.

The best I could do is setting them to have 1 HP... Sorry! 😔

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

am pretty sure that this Labmemb3r chap is responsible for 80% of the Nephenee and Minerva art on the internet.

Respect+1

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You were clearly talking about Frost there.

Let's go with that. 😄

Oh I almost forgot. I nabbed this in Fort Haitaka.

Rxomue8q o

Listen, I know she doesn't look like much now, but give her some time and she'll kick Elise in the butt. Probably.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

You've all been talking about gameplay but I might as well also praise Fates for it's music and aesthetics because my god is it bloody amazing!  Whoever did the music and art went all out and truthfully is what kept me playing through what was otherwise a lackluster story.

I agree wholeheartedly.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'd love to see IS tackle the concept of using different cultural settings other than Fantasy Europe in future games. Drawing from Japanese culture and mythology for Birthright was one of my favorite aspects of the game, personally.

Yeah, it was pretty cool... Even if IntSys's bias for one of the factions was undeniable. Still, all the differences in classes, attires and even music were pretty rad.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The best I could do is setting them to have 1 HP... Sorry! 😔

Oh, well.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Let's go with that. 😄

Don't just give me the same generic response, you...!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, well.

What do you mean? That's better than no enemies, thats free XP! Literally! Grinding would be a cinch! That is, unless your simply lazy...

Edited by lightcosmo

THERE

Finally. I beat Invasion 1. Mozu and Silas have reached B support! Awesome. I actually got two seeds of trust at random. If one seed means one support level, I can get them to marry right now. If not, I might have to hop on DLC. Then I can wave them both goodbye.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What do you mean? That's better than no enemies, thats free XP! Literally! Grinding would be a cinch! That is, unless your simply lazy...

When I said I want a Trails VN, I framed it as a joke but meant it. If finding Trails's gameplay unfun makes me lazy, then may my middle name hereby become Lazy.

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Next time they tackle cultures just don't add a japanese based one so they won't have bias Ü

Fire Emblem 18: Europe vs Spain. The entire game is brigand chapters.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

If finding Trails's gameplay unfun makes me lazy, then may my middle name hereby become Lazy.

thats not what I said, what I said was: with enemies with 1 HP, not grinding would be laziness. It would take 5 seconds to win a battle!

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Next time they tackle cultures just don't add a japanese based one so they won't have bias Ü

Heh, I like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that the writers truly had a nuanced story between Hoshido and Nohr and only later in development did they have Nohr be the bad guys since they already had the theming of purple, which is a color often associated with evil.

I don't know everything about Fate's development so, who knows?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

.Fire Emblem 18: Europe vs Spain. The entire game is brigand chapters.

Oh...dear.

I actually have a spreadsheet full of ideas for different ways Fire Emblem could represent different cultures, it's a fun way to learn social history.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Elise just compared Odin to Garon in their support.

Okay, maybe now I hate you a bit less, loli.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Emblema de Fuego: Reconquista.

The cult would be the Inquisition

Just now, lightcosmo said:

thats not what I said

Hush... Do you hear the bells chime? It's Rant O'clock. Anything can trigger a rant at this time, no matter how inconsequential or inoffensive.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

what I said was: with enemies with 1 HP, not grinding would be laziness. It would take 5 seconds to win a battle!

Truly the most enjoyable Trails experience.