Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, GuardianSing said:

That doesn't sound that bad.

...Course that's easy for me to say. I've been running on mountain trails barefoot since I learned how to stand.

I am allergic to exercise. The course wasn't anything too amazing, if anything it was on the easy side.

I almost died though.

In any case I'm glad you had some fun! It sure shall be a memorable experience.

Dad's group already wants to see me again next sunday.

God, no.

I'm keeping this profile picture until I can cosplay as Validar for Halloween or something.

Life goals.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am allergic to exercise. The course wasn't anything too amazing, if anything it was on the easy side.

I almost died though.

Dad's group already wants to see me again next sunday.

God, no.

Well if the time does comes make sure to bring a sturdy pair of boots and some walking sticks. I have no idea if they'll really help you but I see tourists use them all the time.

Speaking of mountain trails, I'm thinking of playing the entirety of Shadows of Valentia out on one.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well if the time does comes make sure to bring a sturdy pair of boots and some walking sticks. I have no idea if they'll really help you but I see tourists use them all the time.

I did have a walking stick. Not two though, and not boots.

Speaking of mountain trails, I'm thinking of playing the entirety of Shadows of Valentia out on one.

I hope you have more fun with it than I did. Which... Eh, I did have some fun, but the final dungeon really soured my opinion on the game. That was godawful.

Man, my Fates run is becoming more unchill by the second. I doubt Stairyway will be in anyway chill kek

Well, there are some losses i can still accept, but not anyone whose kid i didn't get yet hmm...

So Flora and captured generics i can sacrifice hmmm

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hope you have more fun with it than I did. Which... Eh, I did have some fun, but the final dungeon really soured my opinion on the game. That was godawful.

We talking act 5 or 6?

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm thinking of playing the entirety of Shadows of Valentia out on one

I think SoV can be a very enjoyable experience, but I'm not a fan. A friend of mine loves it the most though, so I must be missing something. Man, endgame though, its got great music, but I can't stand playing through it. Good luck with that if you go for it. 

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So Flora and captured generics i can sacrifice hmmm

sacrificing generics

UvrFobF.gif

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look, I'll be brutally honest: I did not even think about it. My mind was focused on going from point A to point B. When I finished dragging my aching blood body to point B, I celebrated for about two seconds... And then it hit me - what now? How do we get back down?

Well, you got back, right?

So at least you can say you did that. I went to a birthday party, I don't have that over you.

Just now, Shaky Jones said:

We talking act 5 or 6?

He's talking 5.

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

I think SoV can be a very enjoyable experience, but I'm not a fan. A friend of mine loves it the most though, so I must be missing something. Man, endgame though, its got great music, but I can't stand playing through it. Good luck with that if you go for it. 

I mean, I get being frustrated-

Twilight of the Gods intensifies

But I'm sold!

3 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hope you have more fun with it than I did. Which... Eh, I did have some fun, but the final dungeon really soured my opinion on the game. That was godawful.

I'll try to keep my expectations of the endgame completely blank. Expecting a lackluster thing to be bad is just going to make it worse, I learned that with Skyward Sword.

Just now, Dayni said:

sacrificing generics

UvrFobF.gif

Here's the thing:

I only have on flier. Ophelia. That will make Stairway kinda hell-ish (more than it usually is anyway) as i usually 2-3 at that map.

Camilla i don't use, but i still plan to make her Nina's mother after Stairway. After that she can die for all i care tbh.

I will try to do it deathless ofc, but i have no problems sacrificing people this run if need be, just like i did some already (including Elise last map)

7 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

We talking act 5 or 6?

Act 5. I didn't finish the game after what happened. More on that below.

Hey, are you me? NMotE fan, hates SoV endgame...

Imagine, my second SoV run. I didn't quit after Nuibaba this time. I made it all the way to endgame and suffered through the extremely shitty final dungeon. I spent no less than 40 minutes repeating the same boring motions of "summon soldiers with Genny -> Jedah's mogalls get distracted -> wipe out as many mogalls as possible -> move entire army one tile forward -> rinse and repeat" because Jedah is a horrible boss that one-rounded half the army and would've taken three hours to beat down with his gimmick. After what feels like an eternity, Alm finally reaches Duma.

And then Celica gets sniped in a single round by a random mogall, and since the lord died, I was unable to use one of my remaining two turnwheel charges.

I think my exact words were "YOUR MOTHER'S GOING TO DO ALL THAT AGAIN"

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

sacrificing generics

UvrFobF.gif

That's the spirit.

Well, you got back, right?

So at least you can say you did that. I went to a birthday party, I don't have that over you.

Well... true. I survived. That's something to be proud of, at least.

I mean, I get being frustrated-

Twilight of the Gods intensifies

But I'm sold!

Ocean's gray waves better

I'll try to keep my expectations of the endgame completely blank. Expecting a lackluster thing to be bad is just going to make it worse, I learned that with Skyward Sword.

That's a good call. I apologize for trying to influence your expectations prematurely.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

(including Elise last map)

Edited by Saint Rubenio

One of my best friends got me the best game ever for Christmas

FGbVwe_XEAcmIgk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Oh and Muramasa and Odin Sphere. They're there too.

@Interdimensional Observer turns out i now have the rest of Vanillaware's catalogue now, minus Dragon Crown.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And yet you want me to like 12 Sentinels...

Good thing Sentinel Prime: Pacific Rim isn't a romcom.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Went hiking with my dad and a group of friends he has with whom he regularly hikes. He's been trying to rope me into this for a while, and finally I cave in.

Me at the beginning:

Portrait_arthur_fe14.png

Me at the end at the halfway point a quarter of the way okay fine, halfway through the first hill:

Portrait_dwyer_fe14.png

...Me at the end of the first hill:

Cw31XTIo_o.png

Every bone in my lower body is begging for the sweet release of death. Christ, how much of a masochist do you have to be to enjoy this sh-- Oh wait, right.

So yeah. I had fun. Even though I am in severe pain right now.

>Me, who climbed a mountain in Venezuela at age 11 seeing you struggle with a small hill

IMG_20200730_100040.jpg?width=768&height

2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

EDUSZfr.png

Daru getting arrested for Banana jokes?

Why does he look like Jack Black?

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Cheating on Xenoblade, are we. Tsk tsk.

Just now, Armagon said:

Good thing Sentinel Prime: Pacific Rim isn't a romcom.

Did you just spoil Sentinel Saga? Did you forget you can't reveal anything?

Just now, Armagon said:

>Me, who climbed a mountain in Venezuela at age 11 seeing you struggle with a small hill

IMG_20200730_100040.jpg?width=768&height

You think I need you to tell me that? There were two 10 year old girls and they occassionally ran after each other. They RAN. I would've broken down to pieces if I tried...

But hey, I reached the top. I suffered, but I did it. I am proud enough.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ocean's gray waves better

I see I need to get my pitchfork out.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FGbVwe_XEAcmIgk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Do you know the strat for breaking the game?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I see I need to get my pitchfork out.

Thiw3Yyq_o.png

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

No worries, mate.

I mean, I do get you. I was accused wanting to hate on Awakening because my expectations were low.

Of course, my expectations being low ensured I actually enjoyed the game, in a way. Three Houses, I expected to like. Now it is one of my most hated games ever, simply because of how hard it disappointed me.

This has nothing to do with what you said, but still. By now you should know I'm someone who likes to ramble. Have I mentioned my legs fucking hurt? My legs fucking hurt.

In any case, I've updated my tierlist.

dsdsad.thumb.PNG.f8ff343a602fdeaccb49bbdbe2e6367c.PNG

Fuckin' Validar at the top. This looks like a list I'd make lol.

Honestly though, I approve. Gangrel in S, Libra and Gregor in high A OH MY GOD IS THAT NOWI IN A Sully and Flavia are a bit low for my tastes, but my tastes are rather exotic, I understand. Who's the weird-ass looking priest? Must be a child unit, since I have never seen him before. Is this the Brady guy?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thiw3Yyq_o.png

You come at me using a sprite based off a Gaiden boss.

This game was rigged from the start huh?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who's the weird-ass looking priest? Must be a child unit, since I have never seen him before. Is this the Brady guy?

I think you're on about him. I think Brady's neat.

Just now, Dayni said:

You come at me using a sprite based off a Gaiden boss.

This game was rigged from the start huh?

You can't win against Ruben

Just now, Dayni said:

I think you're on about him. I think Brady's neat.

Right... Well, if I ever do play Awakening again, maybe I'll get a kid or two. You know, instead of murdering the entire cast.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... Well, if I ever do play Awakening again, maybe I'll get a kid or two. You know, instead of murdering the entire cast.

See, my issue with the kids is if I want to focus on the G1 cast then why get them and if I want to focus on the kids there's the effort to get them first and how that can slow things down hard (See: me with Rev). Awakening is not dissimilar in this.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I spent no less than 40 minutes repeating the same boring motions of "summon soldiers with Genny -> Jedah's mogalls get distracted -> wipe out as many mogalls as possible -> move entire army one tile forward -> rinse and repeat" because Jedah is a horrible boss that one-rounded half the army and would've taken three hours to beat down with his gimmick.

I'm almost certain I spent the same amount of time with that 

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then Celica gets sniped in a single round by a random mogall, and since the lord died, I was unable to use one of my remaining two turnwheel charges.

Oh boy, you would've hated to be me on act 6. There's 10 freaking floors to go through, I made it to floor 9 with no turnwheels used. I was doing perfectly, but then I lost Alm from being overwhelmed by enemies, making me immediately reset and lose 80 minutes of progress. I didn't know lord deaths did that. I was so mad. I dont hate act 6 though. That moment just really pissee me off though. But yeah, I don't like SoV endgame at all.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course, my expectations being low ensured I actually enjoyed the game, in a way. Three Houses, I expected to like. Now it is one of my most hated games ever, simply because of how hard it disappointed me.

Expectations can really damage how you'll experience a game. This mainly applied to me playing Genealogy, since everyone I saw kept calling it some hidden gem in FE thats astounding, and very original with plot and gameplay integration for its time. I thought itd be amazing, but I was very disappointed by the overall gameplay. Every squad rushing to you in nearly identical ways for the whole game got pretty boring to me pretty fast. Theres also low units in the game, making most memes nonexistent, aside from Arden. And those map sizes make most non horse units just unfun to try using. I probably would've forgave it a tad more if people mentioned those flaws more when recommending it in advance, but I felt led to believe its by far the best Kaga game. I'll just stick to Ronan and Xavier training from Thracia.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thiw3Yyq_o.png

Beautiful

Just now, Dayni said:

See, my issue with the kids is if I want to focus on the G1 cast then why get them and if I want to focus on the kids there's the effort to get them first and how that can slow things down hard (See: me with Rev). Awakening is not dissimilar in this.

Yeah, I do get this. Eh. I mean, if the kids are just plain better than the Gen 1 characters with very few exceptions like in Fates...